Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 4,879 reviews matching the search
Stressful and unmanaged
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMarch 22, 2017
I was a reliable worker which is hard to come by in that company which led them to use my generosity and care for my coworkers to ultimately hurt me. The management was never in sync with another and for the job you do the pay is not at all worth it. You're able to make great friends. The place is pretty much run by young adults and the staff is mostly teenagers. With that said, I wouldn't recommend working there to anyone.
second home
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work is breathtaking but in a good way, you meet so many different people a day and when you have regulars you begin to build a bond. With any job your always going to have a few challenges but its better to get threw them with a team behind you.
Pros
the smiling faces leaving
Cons
lick of organization
Fast Paced Food Resturant
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAMarch 21, 2017
Panera was a very enjoyable work environment. However my hours were never consistent and the hourly rate was not enough to live off of. Definitely a high school job, not a potential career.
Overall good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 21, 2017
Good work environment and atmosphere, not always nice management. It was a good first job for me and had a good starting salery at a little under $10 an hour.
Fast Pace, simple and friendly environment.
Associate Trainer/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 21, 2017
Its a really fun job when everyone is doing their part, including management. Corporate values and culture is agreeable. I do enjoy serving food without any hidden ingredients.
Just another dead end production job
Baker (Current Employee) –  Northeast PAMarch 21, 2017
Your typical night as a baker in Panera is to arrive as the cafe is closing and clean up the mess that was left by the cafe, who is your customer. After you have cleared space to work you will need to asess the products needed for the day and begin to thaw and proof them, as they are ready you bake and ice the appropriate products and then need to clean all tools and spaces before you leave.

The cafe and bake management are disconnected and you often have to compensate for not having enough/correct product.

The job is regional, so at any point they can schedule you to work at a location up to 30 miles from where you worked the night before.
Pros
$10 meal after each shift
Cons
no paid breaks, product changes 4 times a year and must be relearned and adjusted for.
Not worth the effort
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2017
At the Tippecanoe Mall location, the effort wasn't worth the stress. Being a student, I found it very hard to work and get to class because the management ignored my schedule and had me working over the time I had agreed to upon hire. They were often rude and didn't really praise you for going the extra mile for the customer, even though that's what the Panera board always preached.
Pros
discounted food
Panera Bread: For Better or Worse
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2017
During a typical day, you will have to deal with employees and managers that lack communication skills, which is a downside when things need to get done. I learned to be more upfront and direct, to get things done. The managemnet staff does not communicate with one another, they have had over 4 employees quit during a span of 1 and half month. The hardest thing for me the lack of communication the company has. The best thing about the job, the discount on your meal.
Pros
65% discount on food
Cons
discount only applies for $10, short breaks, long hours, poor managment, not enough employees so no days off hardly
Nice place to work
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIMarch 21, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. There's a lot to learn with this company due to its large menu size and products they offer. I would recommend working here.
Terrible place to work
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkins Township, PAMarch 20, 2017
This is a high school job that pays very poorly. I do not think this job is good for anyone. The management sucks and the pay is terrible. Even shift supervisors get paid terrible.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
management and pay
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 20, 2017
Panera Bread is a great place to work. It is an everyday oasis for our customers and employees. We build trust through relationships with our customers and communities.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Hours given
This job was not the besst
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2017
I loved the customer interaction but there was no room for advancement with the store that I was in. Management keep more things going on in the store than the employees did.
Starts off nice, but you're set up to fail.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 20, 2017
They constantly make false promises, and it's extremely difficult to advance in this environment. I strongly do not recommend working with these employers.
Pros
Cons
Poor discounts
Good atmosphere
Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 20, 2017
There were definelty times when working here was
Rough just like every other job. But I loved all my co workers, management was great and overall good place to work in highschool/ college.
Panera
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85252March 19, 2017
Very upscale café in a very nice area of Scottsdale. The management is very accommodating and make working there enjoyable. Very fast paced environment and large volume of sales.
Fun and productive
Cashier, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLMarch 19, 2017
While working here at Panera I had more than one job. I knew three different positions. I worked in the drive thru and at the front cashier desk, and I also worked on the floor meaning I cleaned up the lobby and the eating area for the customers. Most days I would do two positions in one shift so I was good at being flexible with my job. You're always on your feet when working at Panera, and I mean that literally. Everyone there is nice and welcoming and help make the workplace experience amazing.
Pros
Employee discount on food
Fun place to work, Good people!
Dishwasher, Customer Service, Server (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I would return as an employee in the future. It was fast paced, time went by pretty quickly. Being a dishwasher was great for me. I just went in did my job and had fun. I had great managers and co workers. Everyone was understanding and helpful.
Pros
I enjoyed the job itself
Cons
I was in school and worked late during the week.
Can be fun envirornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Millbury MaMarch 19, 2017
I worked for the company for over 6 years. I worked my way up to assistant manager in only a year. I enjoyed my time there. I love working with the public and learning how to run a successful cafe.
Fast paced with tons of interaction with guests
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2017
A typical day is a non stop race from the time I walk in. We work as a team to accomplish goals and get past hurdles. Although I have been with the company for over 10 years, I still find something new to learn each and every day. We are a fast moving company, and consistently aiming to be on the top of the restaurant game. We have amazing teams, and everyone works incredibly hard every day to be the very best in the industry. I love getting to interact with my team, and share my knowledge of the industry and the company with them, as well as training our systems and procedures. Training is my passion, which is why I have loved being a General Manager, and a Training General Manager for the past three years. As a TGM, I have been responsible for training all new managers for south and east county cafes, along with some in north county. The job is fun, but demanding.
Pros
Free meals, amazing food, great people to work with
Cons
10-12 hour days with out breaks
Fun fast pace place to work
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 18, 2017
My store was super comfortable. Management was kind, understanding and helpful. The atmosphere was warms and friendly. Calm place to work. Flexible hours. Every store is different and has its own vibe.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

76%