Panera Bread Employee Review

View all Panera Bread reviews

no work ethic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 7, 2013
When I started at Panera everyone liked they're job then as time went on people started complaining about certain or random things and the management would act as if no one was saying anything. I enjoyed the company of the coworkers and frequent guests. But the managers would push off responsibilities to those who were not ready for the responsibility.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some times no breaks.

Other Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 14, 2017
Productive, a typical day at work, great management, customer service is astounding, work well as a team. My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job.
Management opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2017
If you are wanting the chance to run your own business, this is a great company for growth. Panera is a well known name and has a cult following which provides possibilities. Management can be a bit stressful due to a demanding schedule on an average of ten hour days. Work/life balance is difficult at times, must have a strong sense of self and know when to say "no" in order to draw the line. Support is there, via websites and online training, but it is very self-motivated. I feel the best parts of being with a company so long are the relationships I have made with customers and the friends I have gained with fellow managers and associates.
Pros
Free meals up to $10 a day and decent health benefits
Cons
No allotted break times for management and inconsistency of standards between cafes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.