Panera Bread
2,391 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Fun-filled work environment
Certified Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2015
A typical day as a Certified Associate Trainer for Panera Bread consists of going through the different tasks and requirements with new employees, making sure that they can perform the tasks that are required for the job, assisting customers with their needs, etc.
Fun bakery cafe
Manager (Former Employee), vaJuly 2, 2015
Some customers are really nice, some are not.
Management were hands on.
Team works well with each other.
When you are out of bagels before noon.
Great Place
Night baker, Baked (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAJuly 1, 2015
It was a fun place to work. I had learned lots that I didn't know at all. They where very understanding and gave lots of constructive criticism.
This job gave me a lot of experience in multiple fields of discipline.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), South Huntington, NYJuly 1, 2015
This job gave me experience working customer service, related to food. I employed cashier requirements and developed skills in the bakery and barista businesses.
Team Environment
Cashier and Certified Associate Trainer (Former Employee), KansasJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discount meals, free drinks, and flexible work hours.
Cons: Short breaks and associates with common food allergies have to be careful.
Overall, it was a great experience. I was able to expand my skills in communicating with men and women of all ages and diverse careers.

Typical day at work: setting up/taking down displays, serving/packaging pastries, sandwiches, soup, salad, pasta, etc. Taking phone-in orders, catering orders (phone & fax). Cleaning back of the house, dining, restrooms, and patio.

The management was very friendly, understanding, and organized. The co-workers were all very friendly, and we were able to work as a team. The cashier section, the line section, and the management have to make sure we are all communicating to each other accurately to run the store properly.

The hardest part of the job was making sure customers with dietary restriction/allergies have appropriate/safe meals, and preparing catering orders.

The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and discovering commonalities while having small chats (such as hobbies, backgrounds, education, etc.).
Fun and interactive work environment
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free food at the end of the shift when closing (if no donations)
Cons: short breaks
Working minimum wage for 40 hours a week you would still barely make $200. It was hard to work the hours they wanted and have a second job to support oneself. Management was wonderful and loved doing their jobs and helping out with the community.
Panerea Bread
Baker, Various Locations (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed the job but working in the different stores was a little difficult. Not really a convenient commute and rude coworkers.
Positive workplace
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2015
Come in clock-in, count my drawer. Standing at register waiting on customer to take their orders. Cleaning dinning room.
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2015
Fun environment and I loved the people I worked with. I gained busing and customer service experience, and more cash register experience, as well.
Great part time job
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 30, 2015
Opportunity to grow within
Opportunity for raises
Great part time job
Discounts on food
Fast paced
Different positions to work
Friendly environment with feasible goals
Food Runner/Line Cook (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great productivity from associates
Cons: Management staff can be poorly chosen at times
The biggest thing that I can take away from working at Panera Bread is the ability to satisfy a diverse community of guests. I interacted with many guests, all with different tastes and preferences. I can say that I am able to better achieve customer satisfaction because of my experience at this workplace.
fast pace food service job
Catering, Delivery Driver, Line (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Panera is great place to work fast pace food service environment with great people great food if your looking for a good place to cater i would choose them
Fast food industry
Associate (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJune 30, 2015
Unrealistic expectations. Management was great but when word travels from corporate levels to the individual stores, changes aren't easily implemented.
Fun Place to work
General Manager, (Opening) (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: insurance, discounts positive work enviroment
Cons: long hours expensive health insurance
I would recommend Panera Bread to all job seekers. Positive work environment. Free meals while working. development and advancement opportunities.
fun, fast paced, friendly environment
General associate (Former Employee), trexlertown, paJune 29, 2015
management was great, staff was great, very fast paced, very friendly, customers were great, food and food quality was great, atmosphere was great.
Average Day
Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
When I first arrive and clock in, I make sure all the dishes are clean and my sinks empty. I help the production line with any orders they may have throughout the shift. I keep up with both production line and my own dishes, all while starting to clean the floors in the back of house. After close, I sanitize all utensils and dishes that are brought back and organize my area. Once I am done, I help my coworkers finish their tasks before I clock out.
Panera Bread
Manager (Current Employee), Dalton, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: food wasnt as good as you would think
Fresh food served from a bag microwaved for pleasure fresh soup heated up in a bag at 180 degrees nothing fresh about it

Really was not as fresh as they advertise and the taste is bland
Great Learning experience
Prep worker (Former Employee), Clemmons, NCJune 28, 2015
Panera Bread was my first job and a very good one for starters. It taught me how to work with others and how to keep up with productivity. It also gave me the skills to work with others and not be so shy.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Crestview, FloridaJune 27, 2015
I was not sure about working in food service when I started here but once the job got going I really enjoyed it. The management and people I work with make the job fun. The customers tend to be pleasant and the food is always amazing.
........................
Joint Venture General Manager (Current Employee), Milford, MAJune 27, 2015
Fast paced environment free from fryolaters and late nights. Great opportunities for mobile young ambitious restaurant managers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries