Panera Bread
2,002 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Food Service and Great Food
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: super discounts, great food, healthy choice, learned fast pace environment
Cons: food service can become dirty
Panera Bread offers a lot when it comes to advancing up in the company, but to do so you have to get your hands dirty working in a fast paced environment serving food like an assembly line. I learned a lot working in the food industry and I am glad it was with Panera Bread
Productive workplace
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, kyFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduele
Cons: frequent management changes
Opportunity to learn entry level job skills and basic management principles. Good hard working staff members. Good environment to work and be around.
meaningful growth experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: low wages
Great place to work, fast paced, great product and services! Well managed, very friendly environment. Would reccomend part-time for college kids.
it was an ok job
❸ Barista (Former Employee), 95th westernFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: discount of foods, take free bread home.
Cons: i wasnt getting enough hours
My time at panera was good. It was kind of the same as dunkin donuts , you have to keep calm. i would get there and also start right away. brew coffee every hour keep the place clean and presentable. the only part i hated was because i was the new one i always cleaned the restrooms.
tough place to work
manager (Former Employee), multipleFebruary 25, 2015
would not recommend people work here da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da. I don't want to say anymore. Please just let me post my resume.
Very healthy and fresh food and pastiers.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Temecula, CAFebruary 25, 2015
* A very high end cafe, with high quality food.
* Management worked together as a team.
* Very busy on weekends with the tourist coming into town.
* Owners very friendly and liked to help out the employees.
Favorite Job
Associate trainer (Former Employee), Warrington, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I loved going into work everyday at Panera Bread. There was always something different to expect each day and my coworkers were great.
Learned alot
Dish and back of house cleaner (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Great place for college students to gain extensive experience in a real business setting. Good place to start if you would like to go into management one day. The pay is not great, however the company values and structure is well implemented and thought out.
fun safe workplace with good people.
Crew member (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots to learn, good benefits, easy to support the product, good people
Cons: short breaks, a lot to do with short time.
punch in work in the area I was told to take a 30 minute lunch when i am told to. take bathroom breaks whenever. clock-out late and go home. I learned how to make drinks, clean tables, dishes and my hands thoroughly to pass inspection and keep people from getting sick, my managers were nice and supportive. My co- workers were okay but many of them slacked off. the hardest part of my job was trying to decide what to do first out of all of my tasks but the best part was when my co-workers would make me laugh and say I was doing good even if everything was going horribly wrong just to help us make it through the day.
I can challenge myself to improve and expand my skills and knowledge in a friendly environment.
Preparing (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2015
• Strong knowledge of airframe & engine systems.
• Strong knowledge of engine.
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
• Experienced in open loop and closed loop control logic utilizing PI, PID.
• Hands-on experience in problem solving.
Cheerful and upbeat workplace enviroment.
Act as a hostess within the dining area (Former Employee), Syracuse, NY Destiny USAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: a great enviroment with lots of learning oppertunities.
Cons: working with food items can be messy, i learned to bring an extra work shirt. it was helpful.
A typical day at work was to run the cash register, take and expedite guests orders. Or to act as a hostess in the dining area, maintaining a clean and inviting environment for guests.
I learned a lot about the company's history, interesting facts like; they actually farm quite a bit of their produce that is used in the menu items. Facts like these helped when making polite conversation with the guests.
Management held an open door policy, no question or concern was too small.
One of the hardest parts of the job was learning to mingle with the guests in the dining area.
The most enjoyable part of the job was mingling with the guests in the dining area after I conquered my shyness.
fun work environment great workers and customers
Line Cook (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: empathetic boss
Cons: lots of horseplay
Working for Panera bread was a fantastic experience, the people were very friendly and professional. The regular customers were a great part of the day.
Fun time when you work with the right people
Baker (Current Employee), Kernersville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free meals, due to it being third shift
Cons: hard to get some equiment fixed
Typical work day is pretty much the same as the night before. Easy. Although if you are not good at time managemnt and multi-tasking, then this is not the job for you. I have pretty much worked with good co-workers. Have not come across any bad ones. Most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Poorly managed
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Machesney Park, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: once you've worked there a while they let you choose your schedule
Cons: gossip, flaky management
Management is awful, they don't care about employees at all. Sometimes the will schedule you to work til 10 at night and be back at 5 the next morning. The managers gossip about associates with other managers and associates. Nobody ever gets punished for not doing their job or making mistakes.
My Review
Line Coordinator (Current Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy with many regulars coming in. Everything is made fresh and areas are cleaned well and set up/stocked. Co-workers here are very helpful and all about team work and for the most part we get the job done whether it be an order that was requested to be made a certain way, fixing an order that was messed up, or simply doing whatever we can to make sure the customer is satisfied and that they come back again.

The management here is good, they keep things in check and are very good people and are hard workers. Sometimes the job can be difficult if call outs are made or if we run out of whatever product it is but the right adjustments are always made and we manage to work as a team, and meet the wanted goal and that is satisfying the customer. I have worked at the job for a long time, I have learned a lot of do's and don'ts and I really like the overall feeling of the environment that you get when you come into this place. Whether it be the smell of the fresh bread, soup or etc, the music, the people, or even the design of the place, some how you still get a home like feeling.
Great company, not a great store unless your in high school
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Cary, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Although I really enjoyed my time spent being a trainer as much as I enjoyed helping my co-workers and customers after five years with this company I learned how easy it is for a store's culture to change for the worst. A typical day was always very busy which I enjoyed, however, attending to customer needs while training new employees was a challenge. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a unprofessional management team who hired their friends, refused to help when busy, and enjoyed bringing those working under them down. They also brought illegal substances into the work place and when I addressed it I got a threat instead of solution. The pay was okay but I had to point out the benefits I brought to the job in order to achieve a raise. Overall the experience was a very good lesson and has made me grow as a person.
fun work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), boca raton , FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good food half price
Cons: food service
Panera hire the most awesome people and you always have a great team to back you up! overall a great place to start your career in food service!
Great fast casual spot to work in this industry
Supervisor (Former Employee), Havertown, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Had a great time there. I love how clean mgmt kept the store. Always got about 40 hours. I really cant complain about this company
Very fast paced
associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 65% employee discount
Cons: staff turn over, changing management
I rarely worked when there wasn't a line of customers to the door, it may not seem like it, being located in Wyomissing PA, but I worked for one of the highest customer volume Panera Bread's in the entire country, so most nights I wouldn't get a break. Which made the job hard work.
Got to know and enjoyed working with my coworkers, not a stable work environment, just another overpriced fast food place
sandwich maker, line worker (Former Employee), Killeen , TexasFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: unorganized, management untrained, unclean place to eat and work at
Store was always dirty and uncleaned.there was favoritism from management of certain workers. GM is young and don't really know how to manage a business. No rules were set in place, they were made as management felt like making them. Hours were flexible because if you didn't work you didn't get paid. Hours were cut drastically except for managers favorite friends. Panera Bread is not the place to work if you are a single parent. Hours are not guaranteed, cut hours but management gets bonus while workers suffer to make a decent paycheck.Just another fast food place with bagged products, over priced pre-made foods.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more