Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 6,380 reviews matching the search
bad
Cashier/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 23, 2017
Panera would be a better company if the management was more professional. Employees get yelled at in front of customers and personal situations are made into jokes. Managers pit employee against other workers, things are stolen and people are written up without warning.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brimfield, OHAugust 22, 2017
Everyone at Panera Bread, including the managers and supervisors, are very nice and accommodating. When I was being trained I felt that if I had a question I could easliy ask and be helped immediately.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2017
It had been a great place to learn and develope. The atmosphere and culture has always been one of the best. The changes and strides made by Panera have always adapted to new market trends and strategies to keep it new and inivative.
Fast paced, learned time management.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 22, 2017
It was a great job to work my way through highschool and college. I learned a lot about customer service and how to get a job done in a timely manner.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Hiring and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 22, 2017
Working at Panera Bread is really productive.

Interviewing prospective employees and Hiring for improved efficiency. Training new Managers for contribition to the success of the company. Implementing company policies and procedures that maintains reputation of the restaurant at local level..
Average
Cashier/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cary, NC 27519August 22, 2017
It is a fast pace environment. Management can either be great or they are very bad, some even work while on the influence of illegal substances. the hardest part of the job was lack of advancement and dealing with poor management.
fast paced customer is first
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 22, 2017
it gets crazy during the busy hours there but the staff is great and you all make it through the day together
customers can and will drive you nuts with any request
Pros
room for advancement good managment
Cons
no full time schedule varies often
Quirky and fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 22, 2017
Although I did not stay with Panera long due to personal reasons, I enjoyed the environment. It was fun, outgoing and definitely customer focused. Which allowed employees to help handle situations on the spot. Incredible experience.
great culture
Northern VA & DC Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 21, 2017
We have great managers. Lots of support. awesome company to work at. Hard work pays off. Each day is different which makes everything exciting. Hardest part of the job is to find new qualified caterers!
Pros
Free lunch
The management is horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 21, 2017
The management here is horrid! They are rude and mistreat the employees. They expect you to know what they want you to do without them actually telling you what that is. I've witnessed shouting matches between an associate and a GM where they were cursing at each other and calling each other names. Very unprofessional! They allow some employees who are their friends to get away with mirder while the ones who actually work their butts off get treated like dogs. The person doing the schedule is so unorganized and has no idea what they are doing. They schedule people for the next day or change their schedule and don't tell the associate and then that person gets in trouble for not knowing it was changed.
Panera
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 21, 2017
Just horrible need better managers, need to care about employees.The hourly wage sucks its not that many benefits for the employees. The uniforms could be better the aprons for employees could be bettter
Pros
Some employees like meeting new people
Cons
Management, Wage, Insurance
fun work enviorment
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
was a very fast-paced work enviorment, which is good in my opionion. it keeps you on your toes. very friendly staff and a great enviorment to grow in and learn about the food industry
Panera
Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 21, 2017
A typical work day is busy with lots of customers, running out of items and leaving as a team.
What I learned was teamwork and helping each other out..
Management was great and stayed with the employees through out the night to help with problems and make sure the night ran smoothly.
The culture is good and most everyone gets along.
nothing was really hard and the are an easy place to learn.
the most enjoyable part is the bread bashes and getting to try the new menu.
Pros
food discounts, great coworkers
Cons
shifting schedule
In my experience, Stressful.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 21, 2017
I was mostly responsible for way more things than I was supposed to be, and wasn't granted the titles or the pay raise, even after everyone else had been trained and learned more than I had. I didn't find it fair. Other than that it was an alright place to work, though stressful as I had left for about a year and when I came back, I was responsible for training way more than I was supposed to. It would be a good place to be if it weren't so stressful the second time around.
It's a really fun and enjoyable place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 21, 2017
I learned that working in groups is better at a this place, you make better progress and understanding one another it helps a lot. Respect is really important in this type of job, because if you're good with your co-workers the day goes by faster and it make the day at work easier.
Productive and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at Panera bread is extremely buisness, that is why it was important to stay focused and off your phone. The management was very lenient but was also strict. The hardest part of the job was being left of register by myself and the line was our the door . I handled it well because I'm very quick but it was all irritating because the customers would complain and I would have to explain to them why I'm the only one on register. Rhe most enjoyable part of the job had to be my coworkers . Very helpful and we worked as a team
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
No paid breaks
productive fun atmosphere
Finance manager - Assistant Store manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 21, 2017
good company to work for decent benefits. forever changing rules and goals. long hours and can sometimes be a stressful work situation. all in all fairly good
Poor Management Great Associates
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 21, 2017
Managers lack communication skills, while associates are trustworthy and very wellcommunicated. Schedules were not made according to employees availability but to the benefit of the Manager. Responsible and hard-working employees hours were cut while the New hires and unreliable employees hours were increased.
Pros
65% Discount
Fun job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2017
I work as a cashier. It's an easy job as for as cashiering you do get tips as well. They would train you for different positions if your tired of doing cashiering.
Pros
Free drinks discounts on meal
Cons
You have to purchase your own smoothing or expresso drink
positive work environment
delivery team member (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2017
good place to work but not enough hours, somewhat overstaffed, almost everyone is working part time, but everyone is very friendly and motivated to succeed
Pros
good management and staff, and customer relation
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.