Panera Bread
2,189 reviews

Panera Bread United States Employee Reviews

Workplace
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 2, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Hours
Cons: Pay rate, Advancement
Panera is a great workplace with great people. I learned a great deal about customer service as well as working in teams. I didn't feel as though I was reaching my potential.
It was a very click enviroment
Bakery clerk/dining room attendant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2015
Workers were not very friendly along with managers. The scheduling was always hectic, never got out of work on time, getting time off was complicated even with notice, etc.
Awesome place to work
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 2, 2015
Pros: fun, discounts
I loved working for Panera! I was only part time, but you get 60% off food the days you worked and 50% off on days off. Fast paced environment made it exciting, and the slow times gave you time to clean up and get ready for another rush. Great for a first job, if you like interacting with people, or just love panera!
Great place with great food.
Cashier (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: Panera felt like a second family.
Cons: No set schedule or a lot of hours.
I loved coming to work everyday to see all of my customers and co-workers. Management is great. Always helpful. I get to train new people and meet lovely new people everyday. There isn't really anything to hard to do at Panera Bread. The most enjoyable part to me was getting to see bright new faces all the time. I love people and at Panera, that is one quality you really need.
Great work place but with terrible managaement
CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee), 21 airport sq North Wales PA, 19454May 1, 2015
The job at Panera bread was very fast pace and enjoyable. my co-workers were great and I loved my job. I learned how to be patient with other people and that customer service is key.
Good People
Food Prep (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: Big discounts on food, good co workers, sometimes free food
Cons: very very short breaks and a horrible manager in my experience
I enjoyed my time here but one manager ruined it for me so that would be the only thing I didn't like great starter job. I would have to be there at about 6 am and if I was a minute late I would get chewed out. I would work until 9 then if they didn't have anything for me to do they would send me home which was why I left I was paying more to get there then they would actually let me work.
A great place to work!
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount Meals
Cons: Non
I was trained in every position in order to become helpful. The company is very informative of their product! The environment is very stressing to employees to do well in their job. I was expected to be the best I can, which is very helpful for you as an individual to grow. My Co-workers were great and hard working as well. I enjoyed everything about the job, no regrets of ever applying there!
Fun and Enjoyable work
cashier and associate trainer (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAApril 30, 2015
I learned how to work closely with my team members and management to complete many tasks ranging from providing service to the customer to fulfilling daily cleaning and training duties during my shift. My coworkers made the work environment enjoyable and fun even when we were in a breakfast, lunch, or dinner rush. The sense of family among team members made the stressful situations much easier to deal with because having a positive influence around you definitely puts you in a positive mood. During my time at Panera, I learned how to deal with difficult situations while interacting with customers, time management with life outside of work, and that having a sense of family and pride amongst my coworkers makes long work days enjoyable.
Busser/Dishwasher/ (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great staf to work with
Cons: far for me to travel
Great place to work, Just to far for me to travel with only a few hours,
Management is fine, co workers are fine, wish it was closer to my home.
Fun Work Enviroment
Assistant Barista (Former Employee), River Forest, ILApril 30, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment
Cons: not enough work hours
A typical day at work was providing guest service and making sure all our customers were happy. Management made our jobs more enjoyable and helped make our work load easier. Management did whatever they could to help us succeed. I got along and became friends with several co-workers of whom I still am in touch with today. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I was able to make our customers leave happy and providing great customer service.
Laid Off
Lead Day Baker (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Work by yourself, free lunch, great pay.
Cons: barely get a break but still have to clock out, schedule changes too much.
I enjoyed working for Panera Bread, but unfortunately I was laid off do to the time of year when the stores get a little slow and miscommunication my mananger.
Productive and Fun job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOApril 30, 2015
Management is great, atmosphere was warm and caring. Seemed like the corporate side sometimes got in the way of how many employees were needed to run the store, but it wasn't management's fault.
Overall a fine place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 29, 2015
Typical work week is scheduled 47.5 hours, generally worked actually 55+ hours. Hours vary between 5am and 12am depending upon store and staffing needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was our customer base, we have an amazing group of regular customers. Also I really do enjoy the people I work with.
Productive workplace
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Columbus, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Not Free Food
Lots of people to meet and become familiar with. It becomes easy to do daily tasks and meet expectations, along with greeting and producing a great food experience.
Productive and Informing
Cashier,Barista, and Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 29, 2015
Panera Bread was my high school senior job. It was my first job ever and I enjoyed it. My coworkers were very encouraging. The management was very helpful and encouraged you to do your best.
overnight Baker
Baker Trainer (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: i love baking and all of the constant moving and pushing actually kept me fit
Cons: because the shift was baking, I could not just clock out for a normal lunch or break, I had continue working the entire night just catching a few minutes wherever i could
I worked as an overnight baker for a few years. I enjoyed the work that I did because it allowed me a chance to do something I was truly interested in, baking. Along the way I was able to train a few new bakers into the district for a short time.
Great learning experience
Night Baker (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJApril 29, 2015
Working for Panera Bread, LLC was an unique experience. I enjoyed learning the baking process and seeing people enjoy the things I made.
Quiet and friendly restaurant
Associate (Former Employee), Prattville, ALApril 28, 2015
Co-workers never got along, there was always drama. One of the managers would tell us all about her personal life and her financial situations. Otherwise, it was a fun job. It was just too much of a slow pace for me. I like to stay busy.
Loved this job
Sales Cashier (Former Employee), La Plata, MDApril 28, 2015
Even though I was a cashier, I loved working at Panera. There were friendly co workers and managers. I got to do other things than stand at the cashier that involved going out onto the floor talking to people.
its a great experience and great job
Baker (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
one of the best baking jobs i ever had thus far enviroment is good the people are friendly the managers know what their doing love the job

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries