Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 5,187 reviews matching the search
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2017
good times good food good people, the management was cool. learned lots of skills. people can be mean but everyone needs to work in food and retail at least once
Management is not professional
Trainer and Server (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 27, 2017
I have not had a good experience with this restaurant. I worked here for three years, with a low hourly pay. I was a certified trainer working full time, only to realize that new employees started at a higher pay rate than myself.
Pros
Discounted meal
Cons
Poor work environment
Delivery Team Members...
Delivery Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2017
Although Panera is a fantastic place to work, with great managers, the lack of hours that they provide is disappointing. I was promised full time, or close to 40 hours, but haven't been anywhere close to that.

Start of a shift may be at 1030 most days but then changes to 1015 for no apparent reason. Working three (3) hours one day and then seven (7) the next just makes it seem like they want people to miss a shift and is the weirdest thing about working here.
Pros
60% off menu
Cons
Schedule consistency
Managers are stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 26, 2017
I worked there for almost two years and never really enjoyed it. It was always so stressful and the managers would always be pacing around and would yell at you if you did something wrong, even if you just started. Very little room for upper movement.
Lots of bread
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, INApril 26, 2017
Loved working the morning shifts and getting to know the regulars. Easy going business with a nice atmosphere. Great job for older people and college students.
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sachse, TXApril 26, 2017
The Panera Bread I worked for was a lively bunch. It was during the grand opening of the bakery in Texas. Panera provides strong trainers, and fresh product.
Pros
the food, the people
Cons
the people
Coworkers & Regulars are a blast
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 26, 2017
A typical day is not typical at all working there meaning it's always changing. How to make salads & sandwiches along with other things. All the managers are great.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours, Training
short frustrating hours
Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 26, 2017
although the work environment is fun and the workers are nice the job of a freight person is quite difficult especially in a tight area. trying to work around others can get frustrating especially when you have such a short time period to finish your work.
Pros
free pastries and drinks
Cons
not enough hours
enjoyable
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work is just going and setting up the line, getting the store ready, working through lunch, restocking, and cleaning. Working at Panera Bread is very enjoyable! The most enjoyable part to me would be during lunch rush, being busy and going fast to me is great.
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryant Park, NYApril 26, 2017
Hardest part of the job: staying on your feet
Workplace culture: fast-paced
Management: usually good
What you learned: how to work faster and more efficiently
Pros
Reduced prices
Cons
Short breaks
Double Standars and Uninterested Management
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousApril 26, 2017
Although Panera is a decent place to work for, there is not much for them to offer. No time and a half on holidays, nor do we get a free meal for working on a holiday ( we used to until a new manager started working at this location). The cafe that I work at has a really bad issue with double standards. Managers in training have pointed out the double standard because it is obvious. Managers tend to take advantage of the good workers and let the employees with complete and utter disinterest, get away with anything. I no longer go to managers with any issues or concerns I have because they brush me off and turn me into being "the problem." I used to love working there. Panera is very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
50% off one meal during, before, or after shift
Alright place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 26, 2017
working here honestly wasn't too bad you get out what you put in. If you just want some job then this is for you. It's always good to work in the food business at least once in your life.
Pros
great discount
Cons
short breaks
under paid and no work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYApril 26, 2017
each store is as clean as you make it, but the upper management does not want to be bothered they make it pretty clear they only want there bonus, so they try and make you happy till then, then they forget about you.
Pros
free food good medical
Cons
long days, no help
Barely any benefits, environment is very busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 26, 2017
I started working about three weeks ago and am already disliking this job. I am a cashier and most days I am by myself taking orders during morning and lunch rush. I went on my break and got yelled at because my coworker was handling lunch rush by himself, when I do the same thing. Some managers have a stick up their butt. The back is pretty dirty. Customers expect fine dining service. Food is hardly fresh and the "fast casual" label is just a sham. No free food and 50% off meals only on break. Panera would rather throw away/donate food than give it to employees. We throw away tons of bakery items every day.
Pros
50% off meals only during break and work hours
Cons
no paid break, no free food, understaffed, immature environment
Good but could be better
Panera Bread (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 25, 2017
Panera is a good place to work but involves a lot of tasks and many tough customers and personally am not a major fan of the work environment. And last but not least they are nice but difficult because of the amount of work you have to do while on shift.
Pros
50% off
Cons
short breaks, management.
Horrible Management Driver position
Driver (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCApril 25, 2017
Dont even bother taking a driver position. Pay is low and they cut hours so your by yourself. Seems good but its the total opposite.32 cents a mile is a joke.
Pros
NONE
Cons
hours, do extra work, do the managers bidding
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 25, 2017
typical day as a cashier includes ringing up orders, grabbing pastries, bagels, and stocking the front. hardest part was during the lunch rush when the line would be out the door, but had some nice coworkers that helped.
Good starter job
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 25, 2017
Can be a fun place to work, met some cool people. Not hard or intense work. Have to be ok with dealing with the general public constantly. Some room for movement
great place for a first job
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2017
Panera Bread was a great place for a first job. You work 6-8 hours most shifts. Management has its pros and cons. You would have great managers and then you have your share of bad managers also. However, that's every job. You have your pick of early shifts and then in between, and closing shifts.
Pros
made great friends, kind of relaxing place to work
Cons
works hours were not always steady
It was a fun learning experience a great environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSApril 25, 2017
Panera Bread is a great company to work for.it is a chance to learn many new things .also it is a great learning experience.in all the work experience is great
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.