Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,592 reviews matching the search
Demanding and fast paced but a fun, friendly environment
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 25, 2016
Panera was a fun job. I worked as a server and busser so I served the customers their food and helped them with anything they needed. I also bussed and cleaned the tables when the customers left. The managers were very friendly and enjoyable to work with. The job was very fast paced and I was on my feet for the whole shift running around the whole restaurant, but because of that the shift goes by pretty quickly.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
demanding duties during shift
A decent place to work while in school.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 25, 2016
A typical work day consist of serving customers at the register, taking orders, making drinks, and making sure the dining room is clean. It can be pretty strenuous work for what your getting paid. The co-workers were overall good people to work with, so they made the job better.
Good First Job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PAMay 25, 2016
Over the last four years I've learned a lot through this company. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The co-workers are incredible and get along very well working as a team. Room for advancement or raises seems nearly impossible, as you can't move up higher than a shift supervisor if you are in college.
Pros
Free food, good co-workers
Cons
No benefits, no room for improvement
Fast paced
Dining room associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 24, 2016
Panera Bread was my first and most fast paced job. Customers would line up out the door on lunch hours and it seems like there was a demand for everything.
Management very poor, but flexible with school schedule
Assistant Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 24, 2016
Management does not communicate well with each other. This was a common occurrence with all cafes in the market. However, Panera is a good employer for those going to school full time.
not enough hours
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2016
They didnt give enough hours, even though they were understaffed. Pay was not very good, especially when i had worked there for years, never paid me for my vacation after i left.
Pros
good discount
Cons
not enough hours
Decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
Working at Panera Bread was a decent job with good wages and the work was fast paced which I enjoyed. However the hours were horrible and I often had to wake up at 430 in the morning for the opening shifts.
Speedy Yet Healthy Lunch Cafe
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 24, 2016
A fine place to work with available benefits such as medical, dental, and 401k plans. Lots of customers, can be very fast paced but does not pay enough. Management are involved in helping production but the quantity of assistance will depend on the manager on duty.
Pros
Fast pace job, healthy food environment, company always looks to improve
Cons
Expensive to eat lunch there even with employee discount
Good for a starting job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 23, 2016
My co-workers were nice and some of the managers were nice as well. A typical day depended on what I was placed on and on how busy the day was. I would do whatever I was placed on and try to stay on top of things so when we closed we would be out before 10pm, but some times we would not get out until 11 pm. Whenever I asked for a certain period of time off, I would always feel like I would be punished before going and after returning. It is very hard to get a raise despite being there for a number of years. It is a good job to start with, but it is not a good one to stay for a long period of time.
Pros
Half of a meal, free drinks
Cons
Unpaid break, not really flexible with scheduling, hard to get a raise
A Backwards Company
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2016
This company promotes the wrong people into leadership positions. All of the base-level employees I have found to be exemplary employees, however.
Panera was a great a great overall experience.
Dishwasher, Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
The work day at Panera Bread started at 4:00 am with heating up the soups, proofing and baking the bread, slicing and weighing meat and trimming the fruit for salads. I learned a lot about a standardized company and following procedures. During the time I worked at Panera Bread I had one notable manager. Co-workers moved in and out but there were a few good long-term co-workers. The hardest part about working at Panera Bread would be waking up at 2:00 am to start work at 4:00 am, on the other hand the most enjoyable part would be getting off work in the early afternoon.
Pros
Learned a lot about the food service industry
Cons
Really intense lunch rush.
Constant Work and friendly costumers
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CA 90631May 23, 2016
At Panera there is always something to do which isn't hard at all but can get tedious at times. This makes the hours go by fast and by the end of the day you are left with the feeling of accomplishment of getting through the day.Most enjoyable when there are plenty of people within the store to handle the rush of costumers as there is a bond that forms when everyone is working as a team. The hardest part is when there is a rush usually later on into the night and there is only a few employees (usually one) to make the food.
Pros
50% off menu items, friendly employees
Cons
Odd hours at times
Average place
useless (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 23, 2016
perfect for the cheerleader in you. Awesome for high school or college aged person. Over 25 need not apply, you will not fit in unless you are very young looking.
Fun coworkers
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2016
Fun time at work and ability to work at your own pace. This place is very corporate and by the book. Sometimes the early morning were a drag.
Great place to work needs improvement
Dining Room Associate (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 22, 2016
wipe tables, ring up customers orders, make drinks. learned a lot about how we get our food and how easy it is to be contaminated. panera does a great job of not having that happen but others I know don't.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
No benefits of working there, no paid breaks, long hours.
Great trainers, you could become very knowledgeable of this company.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 21, 2016
It was steadily busy on a typical day to day basis. I learned a lot about Panera and the company itself. Management was alright.Co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is maneuvering on a busy line with a small amount of space. The most enojoyable part of the job is the food.
Very busy atmosphere
Cashier/ Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 21, 2016
Very busy at lunch most times management was very helpful at lending a hand out at those times when it got very hectic just a few not so much very likeable co-workers pay was not very good at all and did not give hours that I needed.
Their managment isnt very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2016
open the bakery case then take peoples orders. It us always busy during lunch rush. I learned that I need to speak up more and not grt walked all over. The management was not very good, they treated me like nothing and disregarded my job availability, but i loved my co-workers! The hardest part was probably waking up at 3:30 AM some days and working outside of my availability. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting food at break time.
Pros
good food
Cons
management wasn't very good
Very family oriented work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 20, 2016
I love being able to help a tough customer or confused customer when they need help finding a healthy meal. A few of the manager's are very family oriented and care deeply for their employee's. I am able to grin and bear it when I am put in a difficult situation.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 20, 2016
You learn how to work at a fast pace. Very diverse environment. Keeps you busy. Really good summer job. Good food and benefits.