Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 5,807 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and easy to learn quickly
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COJune 25, 2017
Panera offers a fast paced and friendly environment to work in. It's not difficult to learn and become certified in every area of the cafe. I definitely experienced a different take on fast food. Managers are friendly and encouraging, for the most part, however, I found that the district manager is much more willing to listen to complaints and suggestions. She was also the only person in management to make changes that associates desired. The most difficult part of the job is how fast paced it is, but if you're comfortable in that kind of environment, then it's pretty enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely how much warmer and friendly it is than other fast food restaurants.
Pros
Free meals as a new associate, hours
Cons
Flexibility
fun place to work
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 24, 2017
shifts are fun and relaxed while you get stuff done. management is good. coworkers are a lot of fun and a lot of great people. customers are great people and great to meet.
Productive, fun, enjoyable workplace
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAJune 24, 2017
Awesome staff, awesome working environment I love it . I'd recommend working here any position you'd like to anyone. Then think about it you not just working towards salary, you workin towards a new clean foods... No artificial flavors or preservatives.
Best job I've ever had
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 24, 2017
Delivering orders, having a friendly and positive attitude, walking around the dining area to make sure anyone needs help and clean tables while listening to my favorite kind of music from the cafe radio.

Working at Panera helped me open up a little bit; the workers and customers are all so friendly, I feel like I fit in very well with the personalties at Panera.

There was nothing hard at all about my job duties
It was my favorite job and I hope I can work there again someday.
Pros
Discounted yummy food, friendly people, crazy flexible
Cons
Maybe the pay could be better
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL/North Attleboro, MAJune 24, 2017
Fast paced fun place to work. Great customers and crew. Management provided good support and guidance and flexibility with scheduling. Iwould recommend working here.
associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 24, 2017
meeting new people was cool, the food was good, it got really stressful at times, the pay was really good as well. helping customers as well was nice.
Okay for beginner
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 24, 2017
Job is not super difficult but does require you to move fast paced. There is a whole lot of work for little pay.Management constantly changes over time.
Very busy days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 24, 2017
Most of the times you have to be at work by 4am. In the morning you need to set up all the stations. Though the management works as hard as you do, they are not very understanding.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Long standing hours
Great Place with Nice People
Restaurant Associate- Cashier (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 23, 2017
The place is lovely and the people are so nice. Work wise people are still nice and you make friends easily. My favorite things are the bread bash and doing Cashier.
It's okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 23, 2017
It's alright. The customers are always nice. Management is flexible and there is an abundance of hours. The company itself cares about the people who work for them.
Energetic, fast paced,
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAJune 23, 2017
I loved Panera, I loved working at Panera, the co workers, the customers, the management and the food. That's a place you have to love interacting with people or Panera isn't for you.
Pros
Great food. Great co workers
Panera sucks!
Cashier/Associate trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
Panera bread is terrible they do not offer good benefits and you get overworked for very little pay. the managers are not genuine and do not look out for the team
Cons
pay, managers are mean, no benefits, no hours
fun warm loving environment
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2017
its a very fast pace you stay busy everything that you learn you have to take a computer course for so you have to know a little about computers and doing that it show you how to prepare any item in the store befor you do it
Pros
you get a raise every 6 months
Cons
its not enought hours
good
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 23, 2017
nice place to work, was able to work a lot of over time until a new manager took over, new managers switched every couple of months, which did not make for good consistency
Pros
friendly people
Productive, team work, fun, positive
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 23, 2017
Working at Panera Bread was a great experience for me it was my first job! The workers there were very polite when I started it was a good first job for me. The managers are hard workers and so are the employees.
Pros
Half price off the food
Cons
Short breaks
depressing, unfair, starts off nice and becomes sour.
Jaime - General Manager (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAJune 23, 2017
When i first began working there it was hard but i got the hang of it. The amount of tasks you have to complete are ridiculous, and its for such little pay.on top of that, because I messed up and went over hours they have only been giving me one day a week. its not professional, they pick favorites it's a stressful and depressing work space.over all it was nice but they are people that say one thing and do the other. the way the devise the hours are deplorable, one person had 1 or 2 days while other will have 5 or 6. In conclusion, I don't like working with those people or for that company.
Pros
discounts, decent co-workers
Cons
no room for failure, punishment by lessening amount of hours they give
Fun Working Enviroment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here! Great atmosphere, and a very passionate atmosphere for customer service. I really felt that the company had several areas for employees to develop in their career. They also prepared me in several areas from Drive-Thru to the Back of House! I felt very prepared after leaving!
Pros
Discounted Meals, Breaks, Time Off Requests
healthy living
Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 23, 2017
I learned the importance of keeping food fresh and healthy and the work of preparing the food, stocking the food and rotating the foods. Now rotating the foods was probably the most difficult part working there because there was so much to remember where the food goes, why, how, keeping up with the expired dates, keeping food separated from other foods. Also that they like it when you make the sandwiches, salads which ever food you're making, has to be made in an exact order. Panera is all about making the food fresh, tasty and healthy.
i dont really remember
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJune 23, 2017
you are forcing me to review a place i worked at 10 years ago and i cannot. but i need 150 characters. so i liked the job and the people i worked with. they didnt pay based on performance.
Busy work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHJune 23, 2017
You can get pretty busy at certain times and dealing with customers is sometimes very stressful. Good conworkers that would help you out for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.