Panera Bread Employee Reviews

This is s fun place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2017
Panera is by far the easiest place I’ve ever worked. The people that work and eat there have very good attitudes. The Panera warmth that everyone raves about is a real thing.
Pros
The lunch is free
Cons
The breaks are short
Productive and fun. Amazing exsperience.
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 16, 2017
Very friendly, great experience, great hours and pay check for the hours i did work. Was hard to keep up with school when I had this job because i would go straight to work an hour or hour in a half when i got out and wouldnt go home till 11 or 12ish. But all in all amazing place to work. If i had another chance at it i would work there and would leave.
Pros
Friendly, balanced, fun, discounts, etc.
Cons
Back to back hours with school hours
It was an Ok job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 16, 2017
Every day I would prepare sandwiches, take orders, and clean the restaurant. It was an alright fast food job. I liked the amount of free food that was given.
Would recommend for a temporary job
Catering Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43214October 16, 2017
Not a career was only a temporary job. Management was not great pretty ineffective at times. I think it is pretty silly that I have to write a review.
Pros
No free food sometimes you can take home leftovers
Cons
No breaks Inconsistent hours
Fast-Paced, Need to be Flexible, Can be fun
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 16, 2017
With knowing all my co-workers, and going through a lot with fluctuating management and customers, we became close and my co-workers and I would have each other's back. It was amazing to know someone would swoop in when you're running behind on putting out food, or you just need a little more help.

My team was amazing and I really miss having them around, but you really have to be flexible in this position, and really pull your weight as well as the weight of others. It is a team effort, and when the team is great, you can make the busiest Saturday the best day.
Take any hours you can because you show your management trust and reliability taking on more hours.
new owner
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 16, 2017
new owner new stuff. I liked the environment however I wasn't a fan of the new way that they tracked labor. There is a lot of red tape that comes with every compoany. Besides the labor tracking it was pretty solid.
Pros
environmet
Cons
staffing
Worth it
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 16, 2017
My panera has great staff and management. I've heard the opposite of other panera establishments though. I'm still having a great time most days working at panera
poor work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2017
Usually work 10-12 hour days, little to no time left for admin duties so must often be brought home. Hard to have a family and work here. High expectations with low payout.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
stressful, poor work/life balance, low salary
poor upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 16, 2017
everything is based on the professionalism of upper management. They can either be good to you or force you out with in a seconds notice. There is no culture of professionalism. There is no Human resources department that is easily accesable.
Pros
discount if any
Cons
poor management
Fun, fast paced work place
opening cashier (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 15, 2017
Great place to work if you like working with people everyday. The managers are great about showing you exactly how things are to be done, and answering any questions.
Pros
Great benefits and employee discounts.
Cons
Your schedule is different week to week, your scheduled out time is not always the time you leave.
Panera
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJOctober 15, 2017
Panera is a great organization to work for and very rewarding. It is difficult during lunch time as customers come in high numbers. Panera keeps a high level of service.
Would not recommend
Shift (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAOctober 15, 2017
To be honest, if your looking for a temporary job to hold you over Panera Bread isn't bad, but they have a lot of problems.
1. There is no communication between management, and that constantly becomes your problem. Including the fact they talk about each other behind their backs.
2. Work crew is a revolving door so new people are constantly being trained just to quit.
3. First priority of all employees including management is to cover there own. I was constantly told not make my DM aware of problems and to rather just deal with it.
Pros
job is simple
Cons
management makes it difficult
Fast Pace Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MOOctober 15, 2017
Typical Food Industry Job that has fast pace job environment.
Good employee support on product knowledge which helped make quoting details about products easier than tying shoes.
Great Managers, Employees, and Corporate staff
Hardest part was adjusting to the fast pace.
Most enjoyable was meeting people and helping them out on food choices.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Promotion and ladder climbing totally impractical and near impossible
It's aight
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2017
Good for a first job and getting experience. Pay is terrible and benefits lacking. Low hours and no overtime. Schedule almost always benefits you if you're in school. If you're not in school you have to pick up the slack.
Pros
Meal discounts, some managers were great
Cons
Pretty much everything
Awesome
Drive-thru associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 14, 2017
Best boss ever! Great work environment, relatively easy to get extra hours, or to get rid of shifts. Lots of fun when multi-tasking in the drive-thru!
It just wasn't for me
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2017
A day on the line requires patience, I went above and beyond at Panera. Hardest part of the job was coming in when someone called out. I love the food
Fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 14, 2017
Very fast paced environment but lacked strong management and the will to get many employees to listen and do their job properly as a team. Many times jobs were stuck onto one person.
Stressful and Unfair to employees
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 13, 2017
Worked there for 2 years. Was the last employee from the opening of the new store and was never given a raise. other employees who went to school with me were making more than i was despite them only being there a few months.
Pros
discount and decent food
Cons
short breaks, biased managers
Friendly enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 13, 2017
Friendly, fun atmosphere, get team work. Support from management team and great food. Will recommend this job to start off as there first job. Company is great
Productive job, Management needs work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 13, 2017
I enjoy the fast paced environment of Panera Bread. I’m a transfer from a Colorado Springs location to Chula Vista. Overall, the management is absent, and other associates spend more time socializing than actually working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.