Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 4,282 reviews matching the search
preparing food
Line Cook / Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 8, 2016
it was always a fun day. I get to come in and create food for customers. I learned how to make tons of different sandwiches. I also enjoyed talking to customers, they would have really interesting stories
Good food terrible place to work , managers are very direspectful and inconsiderate , the managers abuse their authority
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 8, 2016
Bad for business treat employees terribly management needs to be fixed , inconsiderate when it comes to clocking out when your shift is over
Pros
Hours and discount for food
Cons
Poor management, inconsiderate to employees
Good job for someone who has never worked before
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIDecember 7, 2016
Depending on the time of day and what day you are working the shifts are pretty great. You learn who your regular customers are and what their orders will be. This job teaches you how to better your people skills as you are dealing with people at all times. Depending on which restaurant you work at depends on how your coworkers will be. This location is staffed with mainly high school students so there was always drama going on with someone that they bring into work. If you can learn to tune people out then this job is great. Management is very approachable and will listen to you when you need to talk. Managment will sit around and joke with you but when it comes to business they will make sure that you get your things done. They will also go out of their way to help you close up the store at night if you are working the dining room area as there is a lot that needs to get done before you close. The atmosphere is great when everyone gets their work done.
Pros
discounted meals, great management, some room for advancement.
Cons
short breaks, high school drama.
Employment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2016
It's not all Panera bread it's the one in river city marketplace that needs work.
It was alright management and some of the employees had too much drama going on and they would bring it to work
Job causes emotional stress to there employees
Baking Manager (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CADecember 7, 2016
This company isnt looking for workers they are look for slaves. They work there night bakers withoutht breaks illegally . Fumigate there stores without telling there customers . They fumigate very strong venom and want there bakers to work under unsanitary conditions and still serve food that way . No one ever takes for there actions there system is build to blame others . Mostly a lot of illegal stuff happens therre
Pros
food
Cons
everything
Fast Pace and Fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 6, 2016
Thanks to Panera I have learned some of the most valuable skills that have made me a better worker. The people I work with make the job so enjoyable. Working most days in the kitchen I have learned how to multi-task in my different areas of the restaurant. Management is always complimenting me on how quick I am to respond to a customers needs.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Never changing enviroment
Very Enjoyable Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 6, 2016
A typical day at Panera Bread for me was to make sure all tables in the dining area were clear while attending to any cutomer in need.
I learned how to interact with employees.
My co-workers were very friendly and helped me learn more about the job.
The hardest part about the job was learning the complete menu.
The most enjoyable part about the job was discounted lunch.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Large menu
Family Bakery-Café
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2016
You will have to wake up very early to be a manager at Panera Bread. Overall it is a fairly easy job with the biggest problem being short staffed. I would suggest this job for anyone looking to get into food management.
Pros
Free meal and drinks
Cons
No breaks, expensive healthcare
Its a Good Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlDecember 6, 2016
Panera Bread is a great company but the Upper level management is not the best. They need more work on how to deal with employees and how to get them developed and move up in the company.
Pros
Company Great
Cons
Managment
Decent for high schoolers
Sandwich Maker, Dish Washer, and Barista (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDDecember 6, 2016
This is an okay place to work in high school. The management was very poor and advancement opportunities weren't there.
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILDecember 6, 2016
On a typical day I am working as a cashier or running food to customers in the dining area. I have learned about hospitality and caring for customers by making them feel welcome in a warm homely environment. The management displays effective communication skills. They always make requests and give advice in an encouraging and friendly manner. The co-workers are also pleasant to work with. They are always helping each other so that we can work as a team. The hardest part is effectively taking care of customers on a busy day. The most enjoyable part is making customers happy.
Pros
Great discounts, fair pay
Cons
Carryout can be time consuming
Pretty good place to work can be pretty fun.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 5, 2016
My typical day at work would usually be up in the registers assisting customers, taking their orders and helping them with any questions they have about Panera. My co-workers were pretty cool, great to work with.
Fast paste
Barista (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHDecember 5, 2016
Fast paste work enviroment but fun place to work. You gain a lot of experience and there is multiple opportunities for positions at Panera bread. Hours worked can be difficult for some people.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Fast paste
Fun, but draining
Associate (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 5, 2016
I enjoy most of the people that I work with, but the particular clientele of our location make going to work one of the hardest things I do each week. The work is straightforward, repetitive, and enjoyable during the normal flow hours. Rush hours get crazy, but as I said, co-workers make the day flow past as best as possible.
Great place to grow
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PADecember 5, 2016
I have worked my way up the ladder in this company, and will forever be grateful for all of the experience and opportunities they have given me. I wish I could continue on with the company, but the business is not coming in for my department, and there has been an onslaught of upper-level management changes that do not translate well on the cafe/every-day operations side of things. That being said, I couldn't give a better review of this job, and I think the feeling is mutual. I look forward to finding another company I can call home.
Pros
Excellent networking opportunities, tips & bonus potential.
Cons
Constant management changes & inconsistent business/available hours.
Productive and fast place invironment
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 5, 2016
I love working as a certified trainer at panera bread! I love working with the warm caring people also. I am hoping to find a position with better pay and benefits to better my future.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits no good pay
Management Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLDecember 5, 2016
The management team was horrible, GM continuously threatened peoples jobs and would bully associates. Didn't feel like it was a safe environment to work in.
Pros
discounted break meals
Cons
n/a
Even the Good days don't outweight the Bad ones.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MADecember 5, 2016
Loved working at the Stoughton location simply because my coworkers were awesome! Some had even become family overtime; it was like working thru the comfort of your own home. However, management is a mess. Nobody decides to take the initiative and do what needs to be done. Managers telling associates that its Their job to do when in reality, its really the managers job. Put too much responsibility on those who are actually capable of fulfilling their duties.
Pros
Free Lunch, good company, good laughs
Cons
Short to No Breaks, Compensation is bare minimum, overloading amount of work.
Chance to grow in to the company
Floater in Miami Area (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2016
I learned how to work more efficiently as a team member but also as a trainer, I learned when to take initiative. Co worker are very happy and pleasant to be around.
Decent work place
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 4, 2016
I enjoy the food and the benefits. The discount is great and the food is amazing. The management is very nice and the environment is friendly. Pay could be better and hours can be difficult if you do not like working early. Customer service is very important but it can be difficult to keep customers happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.