Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,791 reviews matching the search
Great internal structure with better than expected unit cohesion
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 17, 2016
Panera Bread, Boston Bread, LLC. provides a stable workplace environment with expected daily operations. This gives employees a regimented daily routine in which they know what to expect and are able to perform accordingly. With this, however, there is limited room for growth and development aside from the standard progression from Associate to Shift Manager to Assistant Manager, etc. With associates who look for career growth into Sales, Marketing, and Administrative positions, there seems to be a stagnant environment for such development. Wages seem to be better than average for each position within the Bakery-Cafes; however, reviews seems to be delayed and wage increases tend to be less than what should be provided for exceptional abilities, skills, and work ethic displayed by above-average associates.
Pros
Flexible schedules, stable internal structure, fast-paced environment
Cons
Minimal career development, less than livable wages, performance expectations beyond position
A fast paced environment, and friendly enviroment
Dining and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 17, 2016
A day in the life at Panera Bread is pretty easy due to the restaurants popularity, however sometimes during rush hour this place can get busy but still easy to maintain. While working here my customer service experienced has increased as well as my experience with handling food and following the established food handling procedures.
excellent company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2016
The company consists of hard working professionals dedicated to customer service striving to provide quality in every aspect of maintaining the highest standards possible.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cooking
Cooking, server, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 15, 2016
I'v Honestly liked working at Panera Bread after 6 months but the Manager was to disrespectful so i gave my 2 weeks notice
Good company, horrible management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX 75150July 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Panera Bread company. I respect and admire their ethics and willingness to give back to the community. However, the particular Panera Bread I worked at was atrociously managed.
Pros
ethics, giving back to the community
Cons
management, breaks, pay
No Jerk Policy makes my Panera a great place to work
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2016
My coworkers are all very nice and a pleasure to work with. The newly remodeled cafe is beautiful and an inspiring place to work in.
Panera's food is very healthy and we get a 65% discount on it.
Management is professional for the most part with one exception. Corporate seems to be good at weeding the bad apples out over time. The hardest part of the job is the failure to adhere to stated standards, for example verifying orders. I am giving up my nights and weekends, but it is usually a pleasure to work here for them.
Pros
Great food, coworkers and dining room, with fireplaces, granite and wood paneling.
Cons
Standards not enforced, e. g. verifying the order.
Best job ever!
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJuly 14, 2016
very friendly staff and just a really great place to work. everyone is so nice to you even if you are new. the management is very helpful and friendly. they even offered rides home in the winter!
Pros
great environment, wonderful coworkers
Cons
no food discount, no free food
not fun, job makes you literally grovel for hours.
Team Member Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
managers were sloppy and rude, always tried to blame their mistakes on other staff members. managers were doing 50, 60-hour weeks and then would pull even more hours for themselves and not leave enough on the schedule for the rest of the staff to make hours also.
would also allocate more than 10 task to one person even thought there were 20 people on shift for the day they would have one person handle dining area, soda machine, coffee refills and floor upkeep as well as cleaning of the dining hall and dish duty and also bathroom duty for both male and female restrooms. it was a nightmare working there and I don't approve of the management until they get proper training
Pros
10% discount on lunch
Cons
poor management, lack of hours to work, eventually you will get let go because you arent even being put on the schedule at all, negligence of the managers.
Great environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJuly 14, 2016
Everyone at the job is very friendly, smiles everywhere you look and the team work is great. Everyone helps each other out
Well-Managed with Great Work-Family Balance
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJuly 14, 2016
From the training program at the beginning to ongoing education, being a manager was fun and fulfilling. I was well-prepared and supported to open, close, and manage all day-parts. Management team and associates worked as a family to serve guests and support each other. Hours were long and not stable, pay for shift was not great. My cafe was uniquely well-managed.
Nice people there
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJuly 13, 2016
Fun fast paced work place. meeting new customers is always nice. we get a 50% discount on the food there so that is good. Management is young and they are bad at scheduling workers.
very busy for a cafe
Opener/Closer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2016
nice place to work at family oriantated,good emloyees and managers,nice customers good area,good food,great bakery,good coffee and drinks
Pros
good deals on food
Cons
1 break a day
Was fun at first.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 12, 2016
I liked working there until management changed. I went from working double shifts, and 35+ hours to barely two days a week. Under old management I was promoted and given a raise. The atmosphere there was very pleasant to work in.
Pros
Half-off lunches
Cons
New management
special kind of customers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOJuly 12, 2016
not a bad place to work, must hit your numbers. not a good place for advancement. Upper management not very good to work for.
Its an okay place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2016
They have some issues hiring good staff at times because most of them do not care.Nice management but very slow to make change that is needed.
miserable
Production, dining room, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 12, 2016
it was cool there, learned to work hard no matter what management wasn't all that good. My co-workers teased me about my name. The hardest part was closing and the most enjoyable was the food there.
fast-paced, lighthearted environment
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 12, 2016
A typical workday at Panera is not too strenuous, but it is a fast paced environment that requires lots of attention and concentration. I learned to multitask better than before. The management is laid back, yet strict. My co-workers were cooperative and a joy to be around. No part of this job was hard. The most enjoyable part was the smiles and satisfaction of the guests.
Pros
free employee meals
Its a hard job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 12, 2016
It gets very busy and customers can become irritated and mean. Some customers are rude and they treat you as a lesser person. The managers expect you to do so much work and stay after hours. The customers is always right even if the mistake was theirs, its a pretty demeaning job.
Pros
Schedule is flexible for school.
Cons
Short and early breaks, customers are very rude.
fast pace. good place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2016
I like Panera. Meet a lot of good people at Panera. The management did their jobs, didn't allow anyone to slack. I had a great experience working for Panera. My trainer was fantastic, she knew what she wad doing.
Fun fast working environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Was fast and a lot to do and remember management is great depending on the person. Co workers are fun and it feels like a family there. Hardest part it making sure everyone is stocked and ready for anything.