Panera Bread
1,914 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

not that bad
Baker (Former Employee), Middleburg, OHJanuary 19, 2015
i learned how to bake things and it was laid back but unless i become a baker it didn't give me much experience
Very productive place we would have customer waiting while getting ready to open the store
Assistant Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical starts out by getting breakfast ready as well as stocking utensils. After items are done continue line setup for lunch as well as for catering. Having backs up for lunch and if a new trainee comes in start training. But helped with getting catering done.
I have gain more skills in customer service, handling multiple catering orders, more about inventory. There was never a hard part to the job because we always made it work. The most enjoyable was getting the customer serviced and had fun doing it.
No work/life balance at all
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Crazy shifts, very long days, no sick time or vaca, pay is not worth it for all you have to do as a manager
A Productive day at the Panera Bread
Sales Assicate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 18, 2015
I go into work, I clock in and go to my manager so I can get a cash drawer for my cashier position. I greet our customers as they walk in and take there order. In between of taking our customers orders, I sweep the floor, i wipe down the counters and just make sure everything is clean and presentable. i like working with my coworkers they were great people to work with, I would always look forward to going into work because of my co workers. I would say the hardest part of my job was cleaning the bathroom and taking out the trash because I never look forward on doing that. I learned great customer service, working as a team and having group effort, being organized on everything I do and i learned to have great communication skills because everything is about communication.
Fun workplace, fast paced environment
Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Strong management, good training, fun and well rounded staff. Learned a lot dealing with the food business. Fast paced makes it difficult, but it is also enjoyable because of the satisfaction of overcoming the challenge.
Hard, but fun work
Dishwasher, Host (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day involves me washing dishes until it is closing time.
Love their food but did not like working there
Associate (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: meal discounts, free meal if you come in on your day off
Cons: unsafe environment, harassment, bad communication
Harassment and bullying happen a lot and nothing is done about it. Some who are not qualified get promoted including a high school aged boy who makes perverted remarks to many of the girls. Many unsafe and unsanitary practices are ignored by management. People play on their cell phones instead of doing their work including most of the managers. One manager gets angry easily and should not be working in that position if they cannot keep their emotions in check. Communication even between the managers is nonexistent.
It was a very interesting place to work for
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: low pay, no advancement, not guaranteed for advancement
i was the mornning opener had to prepare the bakery open up the line trained new openers on how to open up the line as well as the store made sure that everything was set up before the doors open made sure that food temperatures were at the correct degrees
I loved working at Panera
Associate (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 15, 2015
The best things about Panera Bread were my guests and my managers.

The guests were always friendly and nice. I got to know so many of them in my three years that going into the restaurant on my off time was like going into my living room full of guests. There was always a table or 2 that I had to stop and chat with for a moment.

My managers were a very professional team. They set a high standard for the associates by the high standards they excelled at for themselves. They never yelled or berated the staff for an error no matter how big.

The only reason I'm not still with them is because I needed to make more money.
Alright
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: pay, hours, people
Cons: management team
A typical Day at work would be managing the shift, picking up others slack putting in orders and working the day to day workday. i learned alot about shift management and having integrity and alot of other stuff like reaction to certain situations and working with others in stressful environments. how to manage and be able to trust yourself and learning from you're mistakes alot more than just management comes with the position you learn alot about just life skills and day to day things. Hardest part of the job was working with the management team i was in it was hard picking up all the slack and doing more than one job description at a time. and the most enjoyable thing is working with the people that work there they make it a good fun environment to work in. Co workers were good here and there but the management crew is unlike a lot.
Great place to work.
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 50% off of one transaction during the day, free drinks.
Cons: short breaks, scheduling
A typical day at Panera requires employees to do numerous tasks, For example, use a cash register, wash dishes, clean tables, brew coffee, take out trash, make sure everything is clean and help out customers constantly. I learned numerous skills like how to speak with customers and make them as happy is possible with their visit. I've learned how to not only make the customers happy but the Management and Co-workers. Both my managers and Co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was doing the dishes, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working the register because I was capable of speaking with more customers and being capable of giving them my recommendations.
Needs serious change
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Working here was generally a nightmare. Management especially was disorganized and disrespectful. I opened with this store, and by the time I resigned less than 20% of the original staff was still employed, and all were by resignation, not termination. The morale was very low, and people felt very mistreated. It was difficult to attempt enjoying tasks day to day when the rest of the team was so negatively impacted by the environment provided by the management team. Little to no opportunities to advance. Not worth minimum wage.
My day at Publix
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: stock options, benefits and 401 k plan
Cons: having to be fully groomed, and was rehired but they would not let me transfer to my publix closest to me for more hours.
A typical day working for Publix would be bagging the groceries for customers and stocking shelves in different aisles. I learned to be honest, respectful, being motivated to work and always getting there early before clocking in. All the managers were really nice and friendly to pretty much all coworkers. The hardest part of the job was focusing so much on detail rather than learning during the slow period hours with some of the managers. The enjoyable time was helping customers out to there car with there groceries.
Awesome co-workers
Drive Thru (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 12, 2015
The management and co-workers always made the day go by faster because we always had fun while we were working. We always found time to be able to relax and pause during the lunch rush and be able to accurately give the customers their orders in a timely fashion.
Working at Panera
Associate (Dining Room Attendant/Dish Washer) (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 12, 2015
The best skill I took from this job was customer service skills. I learned how to effectively get the job done while pleasing the customer. Our staff was always changing. The hardest part of the job was the hard cleaning we hard to do, deck scrubbing the floors and the tiles on the walls. The most enjoyable part was meeting the nice people I did.
bakery and resterant
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no healthcare and no room to advance. management treated people diffrent
Early days starting at five thirty in the morning. Busy most days with regular customers. Close to my home so had the choice to walk to work. issues with the management for not being liked/not being the favorite. the free food was the best thing about panera. learned how to bake product and attend to customers needs.
Productive & stable workplace.
Associate/Bakery (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: half off lunches on days that you work, bread bash where you get to sample all the new items every 3 months
Cons: un-organized managers. managers not always being on the same page as employees.
Usually I come in five minutes before my shift begins. Pull my drawer, count it. Hop on register for 90% of my shift. I learn something new every day & there is never a dull moment. My co-workers are extremely helpful & positive & I enjoy just about all of them. The hardest part of the job would be dining room. You are responsible for so many different things that you are constantly running from task to task, but it does make the day go by much faster. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to deal with the public all day. You meet an array of people and you get used to your repeat customers.
Good Experience, Could Be Better
Production Manager (Current Employee), Riverwoods, ILJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 45 hour minimum work weeks, horrible benefits
Good place to work if you have a good management staff in place.
Extremely Busy and Chaotic
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, pay + tips
Cons: no time to breathe, working 7 days a week if required
Catering coordinator; time management. Very fast paced, speed and accuracy extremely important. Preparing order for pick up and delivery. Taking orders from customers while putting orders through data bases, delivering orders, cash handling, end of the day data entry on Microsoft Excel, end of the day cleanup and maintenance.
fun workplace
Dining Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A day at work was refreshing and polite friendly atmosphere. I learned to train employees, work on the floor and be in charge of the dining room floor.The management was great very good training.My coworkers very friendly, out-going and fun to be around and work with and good team leaders.The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with friendly employees and working the floor alone.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more