Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Unfair
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2017
The work was pretty doable. the staff often got lazy and handed tasks over to other employees. some workers work a lot harder than others. Management poorly manages.
Relaxing place to grab a bite to eat
DRIVE THREW/ CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 19, 2017
Fun place for a great meal. Very family friendly, busy place at times but it’s all In all a great place to go if your looking for soups, sandwiches, and a good time
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Idk
Productive fun workplace low hourly wage
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 19, 2017
Relaxed place to work with flexible hours but a very low wage for hourly associates. The culture was very relaxed but you had to work at a quick pace to keep up.
Decent place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 19, 2017
Overall a decent place to work if the managers are on your side. Days can be hard, but in the end, it comes down to your coworkers and how well they have your back. If they do, you'll be set for life.
Pros
Not hard, free coffee, free drinks
Cons
Lots to do if coworkers don't help
nightmare
Hourly Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2017
it sucked. management were horrible. never knew what job you had going in that day. they cross trained you on everything and if you refused something your hours were taken away. Hours were very unstable. some weeks I got 5 hours some weeks i got 25. if you ask for a day off, they wont give it to you. the hiring process is a joke. you don't ever get breaks. if you do its either an hour into your shift or an hour before the end.
Pros
65% discount
Cons
everything
Bad Employer
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
Panera will hire you and use you and then throw you out with the trash. They will promise you advancement but then they will have you train a manager for the job that you deserve to have. Don't make the mistake of working for them.
Pros
Cons
Cut-throat and back stabbing with terrible pay
Worked for four years with bad management
Panera Bread Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDNovember 18, 2017
Never got breaks, did a lot of hard labor for no real compensation. Managers didn't like to give raises and I worked for over 4 years with minimal raise opportunities while working consistently 40 hours or more a week.
Pros
Food is half off
Cons
Management was awful
Not a great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDNovember 18, 2017
If you are desperate for a job, Panera is for you. Its fast paced but can be stressful. Management isn't always the best. They care more about labor than the employees needing their hours. They don't even give you free meals or food at the end of the night that may be thrown away anyway
Pros
easy to pick up hours sometimes
Cons
you're just a number
Nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 18, 2017
It was a good place to work for many years. I gained a lot of skills that I use in my jobs now. Good food and good discounts as well while you are an employee.
Not well managed, employees don’t take workplace serious
Panera Bread Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLNovember 18, 2017
When I first started at panera I loved it, now it is poorly managed by half of the shifts or managers, there are too many ‘favorites’, and no one likes doing their own job that they were hired for without complaining.
Pros
65% discount on food when worked, but only up to 10$.
Cons
Only 30 minutes break and it can be given as early as 30 minutes after being clocked in.
good JOB
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 18, 2017
Good JOB to work for company was excellent to work for places of business is great typical day busy busy busy just a busy places employees get alone just a all round good place
PAnera
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
Takes a while for you to move up or get a pay raise.
It does get very busy and have to deal with peoples attitudes or people trying to get over for free food
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 17, 2017
Lauryn
it was good, I really enjoyed working at Florham park, new jersey. I loved working with my co-workers because they were filled with energy, wisdom and worked well as a team. The managers are amazing and always helped us when there was lunch rushes, fundraisers, or time to close up. you didn't have to ask for any on to help you at all, someone is always there ready to help you.
Panera at THE LOOP | Kissimmee, Fl
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 17, 2017
This is a very fast paced job, some days are fun depending who you are working with that day. Panera at the loop in Kissimmee, FL is NOT A GREAT work environment at all! 2 out of the 5 managers barely provide assistance but stay in the office and eat. There is also a lot of favoritism within this store they are unfair with hours and pay, they will only put the same workers on clock every day. 90% of the coworkers do not have good attitudes at all they will harass and scold at you if you are just starting out or have been there for a couple months, instead of trying to help, then they will distance off into the cliques they have and talk terribly about you to everyone.
Pros
Good experience for first starting out
Cons
Managers, Coworkers, Hours, Shady Store
Fun
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 17, 2017
I absolutely love this job,I lost it for all the wrong reasons.the customers loved me and I could've been there forever.love what I did and wouldn't take that back for the world.
easy but poor pay
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Panera. The hours were workable, the staff was incredibly friendly and the work was usually simple or evenly paced. Some jobs are more difficult than others. keep in mind that there will be days when the work load is harsh.
i was not there for long because of certain personal issues that had nothing to do with the store itself, really. But i was aware of certain people who did not work more than the bare minimum but who made MUCH more than i did. their starting wage was dollars over mine and i found this extremely frustrating.

As long as you`re not looking for a living wage it`s a fairly nice place to work. good for a little extra cash, especially if you`re in school.
Pros
you get a 30 minute break every 5 hours, you receive 50% off most everything in store, every night leftovers are donated to charity
Cons
poor pay
Great
Barista (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 17, 2017
I truly loved my job as well as the people I work with. Everyone is understanding, nice, and helpful to certain needs. II would really recommend this job.
fast food production pace, casual dining atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2017
Not as stressful as a fast food job. Consequently, more customer-oriented and personable. Lots of opportunities for advancement and skill expansion through cross-training. Good training regimens.
Not this location
Cashier/Dining Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 16, 2017
They think all employees are 16 and won't believe anything. Even if you tell them you have a disability at your interview, they will still make you stay and work through any awful pain that you have. Ultimately sending you to the ER ONLY after your significant other comes in to talk to them. Don't waste your time. (A couple of the managers are cool. GM, not at all.)
Pros
The discount
Cons
It's okay but not the best. Needs improvement
Cashier/Barista/Dining (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MANovember 16, 2017
I'm am currently an associate at Panera bread and my experience has been alright. The management needs some work! ALOT OF WORK. Too many call outs too
Pros
65% discount, if you like to engage with customers like I do then great! Co-workers are friendly, but they can complain alot.
Cons
Call outs, covering shifts, management isn't well kept, no discipline, no tips, 90% of donations go to panera, no recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.