Panera Bread
2,073 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

trainer
Trainer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: lake of good management
Training all new employees in
Dining room – cleaning tables, deck brushing, sweeping, moping, cleaning windows, taking trash out and returning all dishes to dishwasher
Line - deck brushing, sweeping, moping, cleaning food stations and checking day dots on food, throwing away expired food including making sandwiches, salads, pannis, pasta, soups and consolidation of food
Prep- prepping all food for the following day (chicken, steak ,seafood, tea ,coffee)
Breakfast – making breakfast sandwiches, bagels, bowls
Management needs improvement
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 20, 2015
My coworkers were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The work was not difficult, however the management was poor. They did not treat the staff adequately and respectfully.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAMarch 20, 2015
While working at Panera Bread still attending school and having an internship they were very flexible with my hours and everyone was treated like a family member. The most enjoyable part of the job was always walking in with a smile and greeting customers.
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: $$
Cons: long hours shift work communication
Proud to work for a company with so much to offer and high food service and sanitation standards.Quality Integrity and Benefits.
Like a Cog in a Machine
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee), Wilton, NYMarch 16, 2015
The store in which I work at is constantly busy and alternates between being the busiest Panera Bread in the world (Alternating with Manhatten). Workers are friendly and we all work together to do our tasks.
Associate Trainer/Catering Expert (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good discount, nice atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. The smell of freshly baked bread and pastries is a great way to start your shift. The employee discount is 65%, plus you can get free pastries if you close which is pretty nice.
Great Place to Work.. Great Pay
Shift Manager (Current Employee), South BendMarch 16, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Love working here.. It is awesome in every single way. Pay is excellent as well. Lots of opportunity, the company works hard to promote within.
A Day in the Life of a BMM
Bakery Market Manager (Former Employee), Nebraska, Iowa and South DakotaMarch 16, 2015
Being a Bakery Market Manager required that you hire, train and manage bakers in all the locations in the market. During my three years I had as little as 8 Cafes up to 19 Cafes that I managed in a 3 state area.
Duties included managing my assistants, payroll, on-boarding of new hires, retail and baker relations, Outlookl, Office applications, new product roll-out training and execution, baking and all the specifications that Panera requires of their products and baking equipment.
The hardest part of the job is being on-call 24/7. No work/life balance and a high burnout rate.
The best part of the job were the people.
It was a fast paced work and i enjoyed the people
assembly line (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: cramped
I loved working here and being around food
I learned how to be fast and to get stuff in order and have a way of getting things done clean and fast
Managment worked with you the best they could and when they werent doing that they were busting their butts off working
My coworkers were friendly
Myself was the hardest part i was not as good as i could have been
The customers being happy was the best part
productive
food line team member (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 14, 2015
I thought this company was very productive and met all standards any company should hold. Everything was handled one time and in a very professional manner.
I loved working at Panera Bread, wish I hadn't quit.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Westland, MIMarch 14, 2015
We are all team workers and worked well together. It was a very clean place to work. Although the hours worked were not full time, I wish I could have worked full time.
good plce to work
Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
I like to have fun and challenges at my place of employment. I think that people should have the option to move up in there job.
Fast Paced, Graveyard shifts, Baking all product before cafe opens.
Baker (Current Employee), Hemet, CAMarch 13, 2015
A typical night at work is sometimes crazy. We work by ourselves and we rarely see managers. The hardest part of the job is the hours since its 3rd shift.
Have to Pick up slack.
Associate (Current Employee), Groton, CTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: 65% off while on duty, 12% off while not on duty
Almost everyday that I work here i almost always end up picking up the slack of others not doing there job correctly. I'm not always as appreciated as I should be.
okay job for someone's first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 13, 2015
The management was unorganized, the staff wasn't properly trained, the employees don't get awarded for their hard work. It was not a place that I wanted to grow with the company.
Panera is a company for those looking for a job with low difficulty and monotonous day after day tasks.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, non-stop company growth, opportunity for advancement.
Cons: pay is lacking in the times, slow to promote.
Panera Bread is a great company for those who are looking to plug in to a company with ease. A company that won't push them to do anything beyond where they push them selves to. Each day you perform the same task as the day before, i.e. monotonous day after day tasks. If you are looking for a job that wont push you to excel in your area or make you realize that you are capable of more, then this is the company for you.
fun and fast paced environment to work in. I love my customers and employees!!!
Trainer (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 12, 2015
I love working at Panera Bread because it gives me a chance to do a lot of different things in one day. I like that they place responsibility on me. A typical day is fast paced and if you don't enjoy people this isn't the job for you. Most enjoyable part of my day would have to be hearing a customer tell me what I recommended them was great and they will be coming back. I like to build relationships with my customers. The only draw back of this job is the pay of course.
Good, clean restaurant to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), North Ridgeville, OHMarch 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at Panera Bread, and liked my managers as well as my coworkers. We worked together well to ensure each customer had a great meal and experience in the restaurant.
Busy, but fun place to work
Assistant Manager and Food Cost Specialist (Current Employee), Mequon, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: flexibility in work schedule
A typical day at work consists of working side by side with the rest of the management team to ensure service goals are being met and labor and food cost goals are also met. In doing all of this, we provide our customers with the best possible experience we strive to give.
Can't move up to save your life
Bakery Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 50% discounts
Cons: everything else
The co workers are great but management will do what they can to hold you back from advancing in the company. I cant express the unfortunate incidences where I was lied to about how much I was making and how I would proceed in advancing in the company. Eventually I left the company because of the slow promotion process.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries