Panera Bread
2,244 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Service Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: 65% employee discount
Cons: close corners working space, rude customers, a rotating menu that you need to memorize
everything is completely unorganized the only good things about my location is the nice coworkers. everything else is unnecessary fast food drama that everyone else tries to avoid. but i love the food...
A high stress work place
Certified Baker Trainer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management, growth from within, communication
There are many ways that Panera could be improved. The benefits are great for today's economy, but the company overall is set up to make one fail. No matter how hard one works, it's never good enough.
productive, fun and very loving workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 13, 2015
Pros: unlimited coffee/drinks, 40 hours, discounts
Cons: got really really busy some days the store got backed up.
Typical day would be for me to come in open the bakery and the dining room. Make sure everything was baked, packaged and ready to be sold and picked up. I learned multitasking, time management, patients, proficiency, profits, money handling, budgeting, I learned as much as I could there. management was very understand, trusting, kept to their words, flexible, on top of their co-workers and followed rules and regulations. The Managers acted like real mangers should. Co-workers were responsible, loving, done their jobs but laid back at the same time. Hardest part of the job was opening the front of he store and making sure all pre-orders were completed for pick up before the store opened. Most enjoyable part of working here was the love and welcomness that was always there as soon as you walked in. It wasn't just a workplace there it was another home, they were family.
no room to grow at all
Production line open/catering/associate trainer (Current Employee), Concord, NCMay 13, 2015
I start my day at 7:30 am . I come in and make croutons then i head over to my two salad station and start my set up for the day.This is where the fun begins! First i change all the pans there are around 50 or so pans then i refill all pans on both sides then i proceed to stock to get ready for the day. This includes paper bags three different sizes apples pickles, pastas,soba bowles,yogurts,chips spoons,knives,forks,plastic and metal and soups all done before 10:30 And morning chk list and temp log as well.
A fast paced work environment where i would keep on my toes.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMay 13, 2015
Pros: You got free drinks, and co-workers were awesome
Cons: The breaks were horrible had only 5 min to eat.
A typical day at work would be to walk in at six a.m., and get everything you need for the morning set up. You would make sure you had ice for the juice in the front and make sure your work area is clean. Being new you learned a lot from your co-workers and management and the regulars that came in everyday that walked in ordering there blueberry beagle or hot chocolate. The management was okay but till this day i feel as though they need to work on communication, and there organizational skills. The hardest part of the job was probably lunch rush or closing it got so busy that making sure you were getting everything the customer needed in a 5 min range was difficult making sure it was the right drink anyways. The most enjoyable part of the job was donating to the charity's at the end of the day and having the enjoyment of giving back to the communities.
All in all, it was a great place to work.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMay 13, 2015
The days at work were pretty routine. We all knew what our duties were, and we handled them. We made sure to help out anyone who needed it. My co-workers and I got along great. We knew how to utilize our team. Our managers and supervisors knew our strengths and weakness, and did their best to accommodate. The job did not have any difficulties. It was an all around enjoyable job.
Overall a very good experience
assistant manager (Current Employee), Central FloridaMay 12, 2015
Pros: Quality of life, work/life balance, endless learning, forward thinking company
Cons: technology not geared to making managers job easier, information mainly told by word of mouth, hard to know what company ACTUALLY WANTS
I come from the full service aspect of the business. When I got out of training, the work was exceptionally challenging, very physically demanding, (until you understand the systems, you feel like a gap filler). IF you think critically, IF you are experienced enough to know how to move people around, it is not difficult work, the learning curve is the worst part, (Panera does most things diff entry than other companies). The benefits are pretty good, with reasonable rates, the bonus, not very good, the salary, not so great, (I work for company owned, not franchise), the things that make me happy is-work/life balance is better than most, required to work 45 hours a week, which is feasible if you are good at managing your time, and you have a supportive management team. The training is not great, and a lot of information tends to be "passed down", meaning, learn where to find information quickly, as to not be told different things based on memory! We are technology based, for the guest, not so much for the cafe/managers/team, can be frustrating, until you figure out how to circumvent the systems.

My review may come across as negative to some, but it is not, just realistic, again, until one understands the systems, and how to find information. I am very satisfied with what I am doing, and my job is highly rewarding, I've been with the company for over a year, so, I'm happy!
Fast past working environment
Associate trainer / Training shift supervisor (Former Employee), apopka, flMay 12, 2015
Typically would work on the drive through production. My job was to make all the food from drive through orders by myself and get it out under 3 minutes. Very fast past environment and management rarely helped out unless it was super busy. The hardest part about my job was trying to help out the drive through people and take orders while making the food.
Nice to work here
Line cook, cashier (Former Employee), stuart,flMay 11, 2015
Pros: hours, co-workers
Cons: no break rarely, rude, under staff
The management is low staffed and very controlling to others. it is rushed because of the food industry but yet pressure. no respect and appreciative of work or recognizing others for their hard work.
Good starting job
Associate (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLMay 11, 2015
company needs to do work with the management team.
co-workers are awesome.
get pretty good amount of hours
don't get paid enough for the work that is put in.
Food service pretty standard
associate (Former Employee), portland, ORMay 11, 2015
Cons: management lacked sence of urgency, and understanding
As a preper I was assigned to weigh out all the meats as well as cut all the produce. I was also a line worker where you put together the sandwiches and salads alike.
Good Company with great people
Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Poor Compensation and work-life balance
A typical work week is usually more than 50 hours a week. Long days and high accountability with challenging tasks. Great for people looking for a growing company but not so much if work-life balance is important to you.
Fun producive
Cashier (Former Employee), new hartford,NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
I loved this job becuse of the speed and the demand. Its very fast paced. The employees were very nice.i ENJOYED WORKING HERE
PB
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2015
A typical work day working at Panera Bread, was very long and busy! I learned how to make there beverages and work the register. The management was good. The hardest part was learning out everything.
Busy workplace, lack of passion
Associate/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMay 11, 2015
Very busy locations, employees are often young and lack passion and care for the business. Management usually focused on themselves and not the employees. Little room for employee improvement and promotions.
Panera
Trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2015
Panera was an easy job and it was fun working in such an upbeat environment. I loved this job and would gladly go back. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Good place for summer job
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: None
Company was willing to work with school schedule
Flexible hours and decent pay
Atmosphere is wholesome and co-workers work well with one another
Location for me was ideal because it was only minutes from my school
Overall an enjoyable workplace
Cashier/ Dining room maintainer (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, flexible hours
Cons: not worth the hourly pay.
Over the time with working for Panera Bread i think the best part of this whole experience would be getting along with all the co-workers like a family, and the managers are super helpful! I even considered one of my managers to be like a mother to me because she would always make time for us and help us with whatever we need. I've made many great friendships thanks to Panera and definitely recommend newbies to seek their first job there.
Awful
Baker (Former Employee), illinoisMay 8, 2015
Pros: pay was decent, benefits
Cons: hours. no social life
They give you 8 hours worth of work and want it done in 4-5 hours. Measure product with rulers and you get written up if it's not the exact size. Overall bad place to work. Bakery management is very nice though.
Important position, difficult hours.
Certified Baker (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, good benefits, paid time off.
Cons: Difficult schedules, limited breaks, no drug screenings.
I enjoyed the position at first, baking overnight and taking pride in the amount of work that goes into the baking process. It's a solid job that will teach you hard work with decent pay, however the hours are not set schedules and traveling is required. Managers are overworked and under staffed, communication is lacking and most employees are negative despite their "no jerks" policy.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries