Panera Bread
2,245 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Important position, difficult hours.
Certified Baker (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, good benefits, paid time off.
Cons: Difficult schedules, limited breaks, no drug screenings.
I enjoyed the position at first, baking overnight and taking pride in the amount of work that goes into the baking process. It's a solid job that will teach you hard work with decent pay, however the hours are not set schedules and traveling is required. Managers are overworked and under staffed, communication is lacking and most employees are negative despite their "no jerks" policy.
Steady Business
Lead Line Prep (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Organization
Cons: No room for advancement
Line upkeep food stock
Manage lunch flow
Daily prep for food flow
Data entry
Inventory management
Food Count
Produce ordering
Fun, Calm, and Friendly environment
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee), Shadyside, PAMay 6, 2015
working at Panera bread was more of a hobby than a job. Arrival in the morning was the best. Being welcomed by a team of energetic smiles and laughs was heart warming. The ever fresh coffee tends to come and go fast, so keeping up with it was the most challenging task. there can be a system or routine made easily.
It had a good work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Madison, TennesseeMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers, management and pay.
Cons: none
I made sandwiches, and salads during lunch rush as part of a team. it was busy but efficient. The pay was decent, and the management and co-workers worked well as a team.
great experience
Baker (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: not enough work hours
Well i liked the the work place the co workers and it was fun what i learned and the experience the hardest part for me was getting up in the morning going to work had to get up two and half hours early to get to work
good place to work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYMay 5, 2015
good place to work overall. It had its faults. it was a good place to work while i went to school full time but other than that the benefits werent all that great.
Overnight baker
OVERNIGHT BAKER (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
I would bake the product for Panera Bread. Muffins, bagels, scones, cookies, bread, rolls, ect,,. I would use mixers, measuring instruments, deck ovens, steamer, and dishwasher.
Being precise with measurement with ingredients was key. Color and texture had to be correct.
In all it was a fun and learning process. learned something i can teach others.
Really didnt many co-workers simply because i was alone at night barely any supervision. Which gave me responsibility and lead way.
good job
sanitation (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 5, 2015
i loved this job wish i didnt have to moved it was a good inviorment they where very nice helpful and paid good. ....................................................................................... .
…….
Dish /Dining (Current Employee), Killeen, TXMay 5, 2015
• Provide a friendly and efficient customer service
• Stock and rotate foo products based on expiration dates and food safety regulations
• Clean and sanitize work areas, coolers, freezers, and dry good areas
• Utilize grills, flat tops, broilers, and ovens to prepare customer selection in paced setting
• Ensure orders are prepared and propositioning of ingredients
its ok!
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: the pay
It was a great fast food experience. BUT FULL OF SOOOO MUCH DRAMA! watch out for those people. customers were very cool. management was ok. could be a little bit better.
Productive work place
Associate trainer (Current Employee), Warner robins,GAMay 3, 2015
Great people. Days consist of a 8 hour day. working at a fast paste to deliver quality customer service. The customers and fellow co-workers are the best part of my job.
So much potential
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free food for management
Cons: BAD management
Working here was one of the best and VERY worst experiences of my life! I really enjoyed the work itself but the restaurant business can be a tough one. The awful management and lack of professionalism lead me to leave this company. I refuse to even go into a Panera to order food. It's really too bad.
Stable and fun work place with flexible scheduling.
Cashier (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 3, 2015
At work I am required to keep the front of the store stocked while taking customer orders. Also I am required to keep the front end of the store clean. I was able to learn how to work and be apart of a team under fantastic management.
Productive and with a lot of growth
Team Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 3, 2015
Panera bread puts your skill to another level. the management team is always there working with the employees. If you want to grow, you can do it and will absolutely count with the hep of the managers. Schedules are very flexible and the guest service is top notch.
Workplace
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 2, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Hours
Cons: Pay rate, Advancement
Panera is a great workplace with great people. I learned a great deal about customer service as well as working in teams. I didn't feel as though I was reaching my potential.
It was a very click enviroment
Bakery clerk/dining room attendant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2015
Workers were not very friendly along with managers. The scheduling was always hectic, never got out of work on time, getting time off was complicated even with notice, etc.
Awesome place to work
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 2, 2015
Pros: fun, discounts
I loved working for Panera! I was only part time, but you get 60% off food the days you worked and 50% off on days off. Fast paced environment made it exciting, and the slow times gave you time to clean up and get ready for another rush. Great for a first job, if you like interacting with people, or just love panera!
Great place with great food.
Cashier (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: Panera felt like a second family.
Cons: No set schedule or a lot of hours.
I loved coming to work everyday to see all of my customers and co-workers. Management is great. Always helpful. I get to train new people and meet lovely new people everyday. There isn't really anything to hard to do at Panera Bread. The most enjoyable part to me was getting to see bright new faces all the time. I love people and at Panera, that is one quality you really need.
Great work place but with terrible managaement
CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee), 21 airport sq North Wales PA, 19454May 1, 2015
The job at Panera bread was very fast pace and enjoyable. my co-workers were great and I loved my job. I learned how to be patient with other people and that customer service is key.
Good People
Food Prep (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: Big discounts on food, good co workers, sometimes free food
Cons: very very short breaks and a horrible manager in my experience
I enjoyed my time here but one manager ruined it for me so that would be the only thing I didn't like great starter job. I would have to be there at about 6 am and if I was a minute late I would get chewed out. I would work until 9 then if they didn't have anything for me to do they would send me home which was why I left I was paying more to get there then they would actually let me work.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries