Panera Bread
2,383 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Alright
Associate Team Member (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2015
Pros: The work
Cons: The drama
I like the challenges work brought me. My coworkers were friendly and management was as well. I was able to accomplish multitasking different tasks.
good facade but treats employees sub par
cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, paJune 18, 2015
I worked at panera for 1 month. I was punctual and a hard worker. i worked the register i was beginning to feel overwhelm. i asked to be put in the dining room as it may be less stressful for me. I got fired for walking to the back room so that I could calm down after I had a difficult customer as the register. this was my first time i got upset with a customer and i get no warning and i get fired on the spot. its funny they fire me but have sign up that they are hiring.
they have lost a customer for life.
i would not recommend working for parnera.
DOnt work here
Cashier (Current Employee), ConnecticutJune 18, 2015
Pros: flexible with work/school life
Cons: Managers pick and choose who they like and the work enviroment is stressful because of it
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
fun work place
cashier , trainer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2015
been there for three year , because they are lenient with scheduling .
good managment team , except the part where we change managers a lot .
1st job
Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: reduced pricing for food
Cons: kids for management
Again I learned that the hard workers don't advance and the slackers do. The upper managements resolution to workplace harassment is moving you to another store.
Where bread brings everyone together
Manager (Current Employee), Redlands, CAJune 17, 2015
As a manager at Panera Bread, I have learned how to manage a cafe in ways that would help the customers needs and in result gain profit for the company. I am part of a a team called The Pro Team and I am in charge of opening brand new cafes in our district. We bring the cafe to life and train the associates with the tools they need to succeed and provide them with warmth and integrity to carry them on once we leave. I also travel to each cafe to ensure all standards are being followed and provide a helping hand if needed. Panera has helped me grow tremendously, not only as a manager, but as a person too. Panera stands for bringing a family together, while providing a welcoming atmosphere to their employees.
Great job for students.
Cashier, Barista and dining room attendant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted food!
Cons: Sundays..
Panera is a nice place to work, especially as a young person. It instills a good work ethic and ability to work well with others.
Restaurant / Hospitality
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Cashiering, customer service, cleaning, stocking, barista, line cook, janitorial work, dishwasher, prep, displaying bakery items.
Fun Environment
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 17, 2015
Fun environment with co-workers, management is very kind and understanding. Making sure customers have a great experience is the most enjoyable part of the job.
I loved
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: managers receiv free lunches and employees receive 65 percent off anything in the store.
Cons: none
I loved working for Panera because they take pride in provide the best customer service. Panera also uses fresh quality ingredients in their food. Panera really cares about their employees and shows it on a daily basis. All of my co workers and managers were really easy to get along with and appreciate your hard work by issuing inside promotion and bonuses.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Crew Member (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILJune 16, 2015
Great place to work as a high school student. Very fast paced environment, pay is not the best could be better especially for all the work they require you to do.
Very Welcoming
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJune 16, 2015
Panera Bread truly does follow its number one rule...NO JERKS! They care about their employees and offer very flexible hours, especially for students.
associate trainer
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 16, 2015
Typically my job included training new employees and helping the customers. On a daily basis I would prep food and prepare for the lunch rush and assist my manager with anything they needed help with.
A stimulating environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great products and staff
Cons: Limited on advancements
Great training in different areas helped with customer service experiences. Encouragement from management helped with advancing in different areas like becoming a "Team Leader".
career at job pay
baker (Current Employee), Columbus/Dayton Area.June 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: healthcare, no room to grow
Panera is a fun place to work! All the people are really nice they just don't want to pay you for how hard they want you to work. No pay scale for positions just the lowest amount they can get away with and no negotiation, No consistency in labor relations it seems that if you work hard and are there every day they squeeze more out of you and if you are not a consistent employee and call in all the time you get promoted.
No recognition for attendance or punctuality.
Inconsistent treatment of co-workers to encourage jealousy... late bake completing, nepotism, order cancellations, attendance, write ups, not handled the same for all employees.
Productive Environment & Great Co-Workers
Associate (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJune 16, 2015
Very busy environment, but everyone works hard and keeps the atmosphere upbeat. Your co-workers definitely help get you through the long and busy days.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough pay
Great job to work at. Very easy to balance life with this job. Also great management and very great co-workers. Good first job.
Fast paced and quality food
Food Server (Former Employee), Cottleville, MOJune 15, 2015
Work consisted of prepping food and working at a fast pace to meet customer needs. Took trash out when needed, help out managers to keep the store clean
very competitive place to work
Cashier / Bakery (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 15, 2015
I had to be there by 4 am to set up the bakery; there was no one else there that early so I could not call out if I had a emergency and could not come into work
Great management, and enriching job oppurtunities
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Salem, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, Personable Managers
Cons: Customer entitlment
I started as a cashier, and moved to associate trainer, and then line work. I love that I can continue to grow in the company.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries