Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment.
Customer Care (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2015
I worked dishwasher for 8 months asking everyday for additional training. Never received any additional training despite my very effiecent and training on cash registers.
Fun, faced paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 17, 2015
I would go in at 5 am, opened usually with the same crew. Friendly chatter but in the morning everyone works mostly quiet until breakfast rush. Usually things ran smoothly and we all did our part everyone helped out where needed and everyone got along.
Discouraging
Cashier/ Line Assembly/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 17, 2015
This place makes you regret working. The managers are really hard to communicate with. They make it seem like you are bothering them when you are asking them to complete their every day duties so you can continue to complete yours.
fast paced, fun working environment
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee), Davie, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be getting the bakery set up for the day, I learned a lot of customer service there interacting with all of our guests that would come in on a regular basis. The management at Panera lacked some authority in my opinion but overall everything ran smoothly and all of my co-workers and i got along great. I didn't really have difficulties with any of the tasks asked of me to do, i enjoyed every minute that i worked there, it was a fun and fast paced environment.
Fun environment with great people
Manager (Current Employee), Hingham, MAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for growth
I run a prestigious store staffed with the best associates who help me run a successful business. The company sends me new managers from all over the south coast, who I train and develop to prepare them to go out and manage on their own. In addtion, I use my skills outside of these four walls, and spend time teaching orientation classes as well as training classes for the company.When needed, I travel to different stores and teach new managers how to write schedules and implement training in their cafes. I find great joy in working with all different types of people, and I've learned that accepting challenges is a blessing and makes me a better person.
Fast paced, clean, friendly co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, fast paced, clean
I loved working here. Panera was my favorite place to eat, and it still is to this day. The rush lasted from about 4 P.M. to 8 P.M. on any given day of the week. It was pretty easy to adjust to that, seeing as it was my first job.
Excelent place to work at: a place of quality product and professionalism.
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee), Bristol, CTAugust 14, 2015
Pros: A quality product to promote in a professional environment, excellent management
Cons: Hours posted by the week
Primarily served as a cashier helping make their decision or if they already have decided, take their order promptly and accurately while smiling asking about their day, etc. Also served as barista making specialty drinks and up-selling our bakery treats and bread.
I was important to rely on my co-workers to also perform their responsibilities: providing the best quality food in the quickest time while keeping customer service a priority.
My co-workers were the best and always kept customer service at the forefront while providing the best possible product.
The hardest part of the job was to stay at my station and not try to help other co-workers.
Truly the best part of the job was having a guest say: "everything's delicious. We'll be back soon!"
Panera Bread
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Cheap food
Cons: The Customers are idiots
A typical work day is cashing people out and/or making food. My time there was simply amazing, my co workers were wonderful! They always helped each other! The managers did their jobs well and kept on the employees to do their work. I learned how to handle people well and how to keep them satisfied with their food. The hardest part of the job was the standing around when you already done everything! The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers and how they handle themselves!
Fun place to work when all the pieces are in place and when all tools are available
Assistant Manager in Iowa (Current Employee), Moline, IllinoisAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Ability for career advancement
Cons: No vision insurance
Great environment, Nice associates to work with, Great place to work, great food, nice customers to talk to. can be hectic sometimes at lunch and dinner time when you start running out of product and having to deal with phone ins and a long line.
alright job
Trainer/Cook (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Love the customers and my co-workers
Cons: Managers are unprofessional
Co-workers are great, as are the customers. Managers are very unprofessional. They lack in assistance when employees need it. They also play favoritism, they do not help employees on areas they need to improve on.
Certified Trainer
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 13, 2015
Challenging with teaching new employees, great way to learn leadership. the company was great, great people working, a very good team environment. great food discounts!
Working for Panera Bread
Crew member (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Advancements
Cons: The Audits
A typical day at Panera bread consisted of making fresh salads, sandwiches, and other food items. The co-workers at my Panera Bread location were all very responsible. The management at my location were responsible as well and cared about our consumers. I would recommend working at Panera Bread as you learn many new skills about the work force.
Fast paced, busy, requires a lot of moving around.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Williston, VTAugust 12, 2015
Fast paced, need to stay focused and help where needed. Pay attention to customers and make sure they're happy. Co-workers are great, everyone is easy to get along with. Management is good, they're very understanding about the importance of work/life balance and hours are flexible.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLAugust 11, 2015
Great company to work for. You get to work in a fast food restaurant without actually flipping burgers. Panera is so yummy to eat at also. You can work your way up very fast.
A nice place to work at the time
Cashier (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLAugust 11, 2015
I had an overall nice experience while working at Panera Bread, The customer's for the most part have always been very nice. It has been a good learning experience in developing my quality Customer Service skills.Management could have been better, but did not take away from my experience.
Productive but hectic work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Heath, OHAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches, full breaks
Cons: Management was not helpful, not enough hours
A typical day at work would be showing up at five in the morning to open your designated station for the day. It became frustrating when there was never a full staff to do this like there was supposed to be, but it all turned out ok it just took some extra work. My co-workers were always helpful, management during my time however was lacking. It was easier to go to a co-worker for help then to a manager. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the everyday customers and getting to know them and there orders by heart. I learned that there are two types of people in the work force, those who do and those who wait for things to be done, which helps while working with other people and finding out which one they are.
Not enough incentive for the intense workload.
Night Baker (Former Employee), Various in Portland, OR metro.August 11, 2015
Pros: $10 of free food per shift, you get a mean workout, listen to your music.
Cons: No break, no lunch, managerial staff are clueless, get hurt and it's on you.
You don't get paid nearly enough to work as hard (no lunch, no breaks, constant moving and lifting and baking) and the hours aren't set in stone, which is bad news if you're a student and were told not to worry about getting out on time. What apparently was 10-5 is now 12-8 (with a possible extra hour if the manager walks your bake insanely slow). You're almost guaranteed to be working extra if the day shift didn't do what they were supposed to and leave the product out to proof. If you're good at nonstop physical labor and already enjoy baking, I can't tell you not to apply. If you're expecting a job where the manager you need to contact hasn't disappeared somewhere for a week and you need a set schedule, don't apply.
productive and active workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), waltham , maAugust 11, 2015
most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leave with getting the best and rapid service possible that they leave with great satisfaction
It was a fun and productive workplace that treated you like family
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: long breaks, understanding manager, flexible hours
Cons: there was no room for advancing.
My typical day at work required me coming to work an hour early to set up the products such as breads, foods, and drinks. After that I would have to check to make sure we have enough inventory to last us the whole day. From this job I have learned to be more social and connect more with customers since we had a lot of regular.
Organized and flexible management
Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2015
supportive management with great personalities. Organized and very structured. Management is easy to communicate with and work with your busy schedule.
Headquarters