Panera Bread

2.5K reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Upscale Fast Food
Baker (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJuly 23, 2015
Hard working healthy environment for employees and customers. Great food prepared fresh daily without the typical grease and fryers of normal restaurants!
good work environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Bensalem PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: no benefits
not a bad place to work, coworkers are cool, managers know what they are doing, most customers are nice, overall a good job
Fun and fast paced
Associate (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 22, 2015
Great Part time experience. Would recommend it to anyone going to school. Management could be more organized. But no holiday pay? At least you get and employee discount on food!
Friendly Co-Workers with Long Hours
Cashier/Line Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Long Shifts
Early morning shift enjoyable but long nine hours are not very pleasant. Management can be very organized and helpful at times but most of the time they are very hands off.
Panera Review
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 22, 2015
Working at Panera Bread taught me a lot about working with different people. It also taught me a lot about customer service.
Panera
Waitress/Line Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2015
Great food, really bad employees. Management is unreliable, co-workers are catty. The benefits are the discounts on food, otherwise the food is extremely pricey, but somewhat worth it.
Great Food
Line Worker/Cashier (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Healthcare
Its good to see a company work so hard to put out a great product to customers, and to also see the atmosphere that is Panera when you step in.
Great friends but not enough
associate (Current Employee), Onalaska, WiJuly 20, 2015
It is great for students but not for family. pay is lacking and hours are all over the place. they try to be flexible. I have no problem with anyone and love who I work with. wish i could get paid more to stay
very fast-paced environment
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: enjoy meeting new customers
Cons: on feet mostly
open store bakery 530am
wait on customers
make sure work space clean
assist and answer any questions customers may have
Very busy cafe
Cashier (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: do not receive decent hours
I enjoy working here. it is very fast paced and am always on my toes. The co-workers are very friendly along with the managers. The hardest part of my job is cleaning the messy dining room. The most enjoyable part is talking and meeting new people everyday
Productive work enviroment, People Skills
Assiocate (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The wramth customers feel when the come in
Cons: N/A
AT typical day at work, I greet customers as they walk in. I help new customers over the menu if they can not decide what they would like. I learn on a day to day basic how to control any situation I am put in by an upset or disappointed customer. Managers assist me on help I need to complete my job appropriately. I enjoy my co-workers we all get along if someone is in need of help or assistants with and customers, etc. I would say the hardest part if the job is having to help a customer who has had a really bad day and is not happy with their food items or drinks. The most enjoyable part of my day is talking to my customers especially the regular everyday customers, talking about their day new things going on in their life.
Fun Workplace! Fast Paced work..
Crew member/Busser (Current Employee), Ocala,FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Customers, 50% off meals
Cons: Management
There are always rude customers, but a good employee always greets them in a nice way and always remain friendly. The crew member are fun to work with but never get the two mixed. Don't play in a work environment.
Sandwich and Salad artist
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Working in a place that smells delisious
Cons: Eatting to much bread
A typical day at work is preparing for our lunch rush. Which means I work together with co-workers to make sure we have everything we need for our peak hours. I have learned how to work with other people who have different ways of doing things. I also have learned how to problem solve quickly in a fast pace environment. The management of Panera gives us seasonal training as we gather for meeting to inform us with new product. The hardest part of the job is not being prepared for lunch rush. The most enjoyable part is having a customer come up to tell us their experience at our location was better than any other Panera.
Not the best place to work or eat
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2015
Management is horrible.
Their management turns over quicker than their employees.
Managers have favorites.
Hours are unpredictable.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy working with the people I work with, I also enjoy making customers happy and feel at home when they come to Panera Bread and eat or just come in for coffee.
Immature Management
Bakery-café Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Not good a balancing workload
Manager team has low emotional intelligence. Some managers run the workplace like a schoolyard. Favoritism is often used and it leads to lost productivity, as employees who aren't getting the plum assignments spend more and more time gossiping.
Productive group of people
Shft Supervisor (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: great discounts, great training
Cons: healthcare premiums
great company with wonderful people that are integrity based. Training is very important to this company, and will make sure your are efficient in your daily routine.
Great People - Fun Times
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Davie, FloridaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Half off all food products when you're on the clock.
Cons: Really busy lunch hours, not very many hours, low pay.
I have nothing bad to say about Panera Bread. Great company, great food and great people. Some of the managers were tough to get along with because they were all business but that was okay. it was hard to get hours even though I had worked there for over a year. I was also promised raises, but never got one; I never complained I just wished they had more organization.
Laid Back
Baker (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 19, 2015
Pros: $15 of free food a night
Very low stress job, allowed to have music and take break where you see fit as long at you get your job done in the allotted time. Management is very helpful and friendly creating a very welcoming and happy working environment.
Productive work environment.
Associate Leader (Former Employee), Canton, MIJuly 19, 2015
Faced paced environment, hard working co-workers. Closing is the most difficult part of the job as well as opening shifts. Established excellent customer service skills.
Headquarters