Panera Bread
2,013 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Prep (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: discount up to $10
Cons: no benefits
Prep produce and meats for daily use. Then i go to the production line to put together orders. Management helps out when needed. Co-workers communicate really well with one another. The hardest part is when we are short staffed and are slammed for lunch rush. I really enjoy my co-workers and the management
Attentive & Friendly Atmosphere from Both Perspectives
Associate Trainer- All Areas (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: listed in review
Cons: listed in review
Panera Breads atmosphere speaks for its image of the warm and welcoming cafe its been brought up to be. The employees and management keep their attentive, sincere and friendly attitude no matter what situation they are put in. All co-workers give their customers that close welcoming vibe that allows each customer that regularly enters the reason to call the cafe "My Panera". For the most part all jobs have their "pros and cons", but to pin-point on each subject of the good and the bad are listed in the following:

Good:
Cafe Hospitality from Both Perspectives (On & Off the Clock)U
Speedy/ Accurate Initiative from Each Member
Diverse Personalities
Positive Attitudes
Understanding of Flexibility

Bad:
Occasional Rude Customers
Order Mishap
Miscommunications (Both Perspectives)
Call-in Mishap

Overall I have loved the experience with the company; Learning how to handle customer concerns and complaints, proper sense of urgency, prioritizing, better initiative and leadership related skills.
Panera Bakery
Bakery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 15, 2015
I learned how to set up the bakery area, how to slice bread properly according to panera standards. I learned a lot of about food prep and food safety, etc...
Fast enviroment.
Associate Trainer, Panera Bread, Webster, NY (Current Employee), WebsterFebruary 14, 2015
Good place to start and develop. Enjoyed establishing relationships the best at the workplace with customer. Most of my co-workers were very motivated and work hard.
Great first job
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount, take home leftover pastries after close, free drinks during shift
Cons: hours not flexible, under appreciated
This was a great place for me to have my first job. At first, I really enjoyed it. However, as management took drastic changes and our employees were almost all new, it was difficult to get things done. I also felt very under appreciated, since I knew what I was doing and it went without notice,
Would never work here again
Cashier and Line Production (Former Employee), Marlton, NJFebruary 14, 2015
It was an easy summer job but management and coworkers were very unorganized and immature. It is not something I would ever go back to.
Calm Environment
Barista (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Working at Panera Bread you can always expect to come into work with smiles on every employees face. The over all environment is relaxing, easy pace, and calming. Having a fire place in the cafe along with music and out door dining makes the place enjoyable. Daily returning customers are always a plus and building connection with them makes working feel less like work. Management and co-workers all got along easy.
Panera Life
Hourly Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bluffton, South CarolinaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free beverages, short discounts, etc
Cons: low pay
Panera Bread is a great place to interact with all customers and co-workers. With customers you help them by giving them great customer service and as co-workers we help each other whenever we need a hand.
Working at Panera Bread can be quite a bit challenging with most things such as rush hours. In able to survive in rush hours you must be able to multi-task, move quickly but in a calm and safety matter. The main part in working at Panera is to always be cautious to what your customer orders and getting their orders right.
Panera bread is all about interacting with customers, Helping one another, and make our customer feel welcomed.
fun workplace and great for young people
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Oakmont, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great 401k, easy work
Cons: expensive, cheap
working for panera bread wasn't the best nor was it the worst.The company tries to put a authentic feel on its products but its really just overpriced ham sandwiches.
Dislike.
cashier, lobby (Current Employee), Marion, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I have worked there roughly 9 months and the people aren't very nice. I have no names to mention of the sort, but I did not like working there.
Good job to have, builds character; you learn responsibility fast.
Caterer, Café Associate, Baker (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 11, 2015
1.Perform baking responsibilities in a safe and quality manner while following systems in place.
2.Perform all steps in baking process to include proofing, finishing, set-up and cleaning.
3.Keep track of and maintain a steady level of materials and products with the inventory process in place.
4.Manage time and materials to meet company expectations for profitability.

hardest part of my job is time management.
best part of my job is I can work on my own time.
fun working environment
Associate (Former Employee), Elk River, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: working with customers
Cons: not enough income
to help serve customers to fulfill their needs. bake baked goods, run cash register, wash dishes, and keep dining room clean.
Great Place
Production Manager (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Learned a lot from this company. It was an easy company to work for. It challenged me every single week. Had great staff that worked for the company.
Fast pace work place
Assistant Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Spring, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Panera Bread is this best place to work if your going to school and have other activities out side of work. Management will also be there for you on or off the clock. Great place to work place. If any time there's going to be a change in the company they'll also let you know a month in advance.
Coworkers made it fun and a great job to go to.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: occasional lazy manager/coworker.
Not much to say, it was an ordinary job with some lazy managers. Other than that, it was a great experience to work here as my first job.
Fast paced catering and marketing
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free meals, open hours, healthcare, christmas bonus, tips
Cons: no guranteed break, paid hourly/as associate, no set schedule
All of the previous orders are laid out and prepped for and ready to be made. Additional phone calls and internet orders come in and prepped immediately. If there are too many for myself then I add on another driver to send out some while I stay in the store and manage the customers. After all the orders are delivered or picked up I close out all the orders and restock everything. Right before I leave I prestage the orders for the next day, collect my tips, and clock out. Any other orders that are placed after I leave or are sent to me.
Difficult, Unorganized, Inconsistent
Production Line Associate (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great discount on meals, fun employees
Cons: occasionally no breaks, stressful work duties, long shifts, under staff, bad management
While staying at Panera my experience with the team/employees there was the best part of the job. Unfortunately for this employer I found the cons outweighed the pros. To start off I found the managers inconsistent and unorganized. There was no overall respect for guidelines of Panera, simply because there are so many guidelines without provided answers of why they are set. One manager would be okay with something while another manager would not be okay with it. There was such an inconsistency, you rarely ever knew if you were doing anything right. This job also has one employee taking on the stress of about 3. They are constantly understaffed and when they are properly staffed they complain about how bad their Labor is. For a Job paying minimum wage there was way too much stress included in a simple workday.
I was told from my starting interview that breaks may not be provided if it was a very busy day, however, I was not under the impression that I would see fellow employees go 10 hour shifts without a break.
With that said I would also like to bring up the fact that 10-12hr shifts would be scheduled to a person and only a 30 minute break would be provided, where-as most other workplaces provide a 30 minute break and a 15 minute break simply for an 8hr shift.
My opinion of the worst thing that employees had to deal with was having to find coverage for our own shifts when we were sick. The managers apparently have no trust in their employees so when we would attempt to call in sick, whether it was a fever, the flu, etc, we were told we would have to find coverage. Personally – more... I don't see it as My responsibility to find coverage if i have a high fever and can barely get out of bed. It is the managers responsibility, not matter if someone calls off or not, to make sure that their company runs smoothly and efficiently.
I feel as if This company held me back along with a lot of the other employees there. If necessary, this job is tolerable. But I would recommend against it. – less
Working at Panera Bread Waterworks
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Management was terrible. There were some great people who worked there sure. But the manager at the waterworks location was awful. He would make you keep working after throwing up and expected too much. He was very rude and would swear a lot too. Overall you were treated like an imbecile there and I would never go back.
Associate Trainer/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Working at Panera Bread, has been a great oppurtunity. I learned alot and also had the upmost pleasure to be involved with customers and even knowing them on a day to day base.
Panera Bread
Asssociate (Current Employee), Superior, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good discount on food
Cons: low pay for the amount of work, rude management, micromanages you
It was okay. You get paid minimum wage while the work is physically challenging. If you get hurt on the job, they won't care and will make you continue to work. No matter how many times you cover people's shifts, nobody will cover you. Management will threaten to write you up over one mistake.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more