Panera Bread
1,914 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Highly active and warming environment
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Windsor Mill, MDJanuary 10, 2015
My typical day at Panera Bread consists of making sure customers receive a wonderful fast-food/dine-in experience. Management makes sure that both the customers and the coworkers are satisfied. The coworkers were great to work with and that is one thing I absolutely miss about this job. My job was very easy and I do not recall a difficult time I had throughout the three years that I did work at this job.
It's an ok place
Associate (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJanuary 9, 2015
I was there four years, never moved out of normal associate ranking. I was doing everything there, from training new managers to specialized services (Crispani's the panera pizzas and catering). Managers came and went and some I got along great with and other's I did not
Fun and friendly work environment!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: positive environment, fun job, flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, have to "earn" full time status, then qualify for benefits
I had just moved to the area and needed to earn some income. I applied and was immediately hired by the General Manager. I have a Bachelor's degree and management experience. After working there for 3 months, I was offered a promotion to management.
Unfortunately, this job doesn't require a lot of skill to push buttons on a touch screen, wipe off tables, or to fulfill bakery orders. I needed more mental stimulation.
This was such a fun job and the people who I worked with were amazing - big hearts, great sense of humor, and very motivated to be the best. The biggest downside is that the pay is just above minimum wage. However, the food was good, the regular customers were so friendly, and the discounts were great!
A typical day at work
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 85% off food
Cons: too far to travel when not getting hours
A typical day At work busy and everyone enjoying each other company
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: cried on my first day-due to management
Work the cashier while running orders through to the kitchen and to the bakery.
Management is some-what up-tight, depending on the manager on duty.
trainer
Trainer (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PAJanuary 6, 2015
opening up bakery to make the bakery case looking good.
also training the new employees to do here job.,
Productive workplace with amazing management
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHJanuary 6, 2015
At Panera, the management was wonderful, always there to help when needed and very professional. Work environment was top-notch and professional.
it was alright
Busser/Server (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: faced paced environment
Cons: supervisors took long breaks and gave their fellow co workers friends special treatment
- Assisted diners with seating as needed
- Cleaned and prepared various foods for cooking or serving
- Cleaned bars, work areas, and tables
- Cleaned up spilled food, drink and broken dishes, and removed empty bottles and trash
- Greeted customers in the restaurant or drive-thru, took and rang up orders, handled payment and thanked customers
eeted guests and sat them at tables or in waiting areas
-Kept drink stations clean and ready for service
-Loaded dishwashers and hand-washed items such as pots, pans, knives
-Placed food servings on plates and trays according to orders or instructions
-Performed serving, cleaning, and stocking duties in establishments
-Prepared coffee-based and other beverages on request; serve prepared pastries and other food items
-Served meals and snacks to employing families and their guests
-Served residents and guests during meal times with speed and efficiency.
worst job
Customer Service (Former Employee), duluth,gaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
the worst job ever just flat out, never again will I work there and I don't recommend you work at this location
Productive fun place to work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), White Plains,NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
I knew everything that there was to know in Panera Bread. I would open the food production line. Refilling whatever needed to be refilled, preparing and pre-making Panini's for lunch, keeping the line clean. As breakfast orders came in I would make them under a 3 minute mark and send the customer on their way. As associates would come in for their shifts they would help me out setting up for lunch and continuing to make breakfast orders. As lunch would approach my job was to consolidate. Orders would come up on the screen, orders to go and also to dine-in. I would have to plate the food and have it sent out, 3 minutes being my marked time. making sure associates are on top of the orders, making the right orders and following their modifications. As new hires were welcomed it was also my job to train them on the salad, sandwich, Panini and consolidation on the food line. I would also assist on the cash register when the line got too long. I would also assist serving customers their food as well as in the back of house preparing food and washing dishes
Great and Active wrokplace
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 2, 2015
A typical work day would include going into work and completing all task in a timely manner. My coworkers were extremely fun to work with and the most enjoyable part of my job was completing a project and it looking superb.
Productive and fun place to work with great people that care about the customers and what they are doing.
Hourly Employee (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 65%, great people to work with, flexible with hours.
Cons: no benefits for part timers, bad communication between employees and management
A typical day at work starts with clocking in and getting a cash drawer. After if have my register I clean the front of the restaurant along with taking orders as customers walk in. Panera's goal is to please every customer that comes in and make sure everything is as accurate as possible. I greet the customers and then take their orders (answering any questions they may have and giving suggestions if needed). Once their order is taken I go back to cleaning. If ordered, I walk over to basrista line and make them their smoothie, coffee... ect. When we close I prepare the store for the openers in the morning and I bag up all the left over bread, bagels, and pastries for donations that night. Once everything is clean and ready for the openers the manager looks over my area making sure that everything is correct and sends me home.
I have learned that there is always a way to make things better, and when things go wrong to stay calm and responsive. Sometimes there are difficult orders and difficult people to attend to but I stay positive and helpful... because getting upset and angry along with them gets you no where and makes the situation worse rather than solving it.
Most of the management at this store was good except for one specific manager. He did not do his job. He sat in the lobby and played on his phone or talked with friends that would come in and see him. He would sit in the office and talk to his wife or text or play games. He got the schedule out and ready for people two days late. He did not communicate well with any of his employees and all around genuinely didn't – more... care about his job.
The hardest part of the job would have half to be the people who came in and were very rude and nasty. Sometimes people came in and were just having a bad day and took it out on the cashiers. Well, this is apart of what I learned. I learned that you are going to have to deal with difficult, rude, and nasty people in life. But because I learned that I (in my own opinion) am very good with difficult people now in the sense that I can stay calm, act nice, and try to be a good part of their day instead of a bad part.
The easiest part was closing. During closing time the hour before we closed the store would be really quiet. No one really came in so it allowed for you to get all the things that needed to be done right then and there and once you bagged up donations you were out of there for the night. – less
good place to start
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Panera was a good first job for me. I learned a great deal in this fast paced environment.
good for college or high school students
Cashier (Former Employee), Moline, ILDecember 30, 2014
great place to work if you are a student of some sort. Nothing to complain about the job in itself. co-workers are friendly and management is good. Never had a problem if I had to call in,
Fast paced hard working environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Syosset, NYDecember 30, 2014
Fast paced hard working environment. Company doesn't necessarily recognize and reward employees hard work. Acquired customer service protocols, independent thinking, multitasking, problem solving. The hardest part of the job was the physical strain. Wasn't allowed to sit down other than breaks. Most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers. They are all hardworking and even during tough times, we still portrayed satisfaction and gratitude.
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2014
This was my first job and I had a blast it was very fun environment easy to understand how everything worked never a moment you would be bored very fast pasted job.
Stressful workplace
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Longwood FlDecember 30, 2014
Cons: everything was just negative environment
PANERA BREAD ● Cashier
Cashier/Food Prep ● Food preparation
December 2011-June 2012 ● Assist Customers
● Performed other duties as delegated by Supervisor.
Co-workers not to friendly
No good experience at this job
My Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJDecember 30, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, breaks
Cons: short breaks, when you are suppose to be done for the day they keep you longer.
A typical day at work would be I would have to go to the back o the house and get my apron and hat. I would then clock in for the day. I would then go to the back and ask my manager what I would be doing for that day which always is dishes. I learned that speed and accuracy is key. I managed the back of the house and the dishes. My co-workers were nice people and help me sometimes. The hardest part of the job was nothing really I didn't have a problem with it. The most enjoyable part is when I got to eat the food.
Calm and Steady
Food Prep and Cashier (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLDecember 30, 2014
Pros: management
My position was in the BOH (Back of house) and I was to myself because there is only one Prep per day. Not really a difficult part of that job , justcertain things I had to prep was time consuming, I really enjoyed my time there seeing the same elderly people day by day & them being use to me as time flew by.
Good relationships built and warm atmosphere
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: 65% discount
Cons: management
Food is great, atmosphere in cafe is warm, and I met many great friends at Panera.

Fast-paced job no matter what position you work as, and built long-lasting relationships with regulars.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more