2,154 reviews

Panera Bread United States Employee Reviews

Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAApril 11, 2015
Pros: 65% off all meals
Cons: having to clean after everyone before me
A Normal day at work is usually always busy , have to re-stock what people left un-stocked , clean what is visible to customers ,take out trash and serve food. I learned that Respect is key , Manger was on top of everything ,but also laid back. Most of my co-worker I went to highschool with but others was really nice and made me feel welcomed , hardest part of the job is serving everything within a 2 min time when we are busy. Enjoyable part is tasting the new foods we bring in & being able to put a simile on someone face by giving them a great food .
Nah.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2015
Pros: 65% off everything
Cons: management, filthy and trifling customers
Nah. Do not work here unless you are dedicated to moving up and not just to have some money in your pocket, 'cause you won't and it's not worth it.
Great first job
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Madeira, OHApril 10, 2015
Pros: discounted food price interacting with different people and good enviorment
Cons: not much room to grow and minimal pay
this is a great first job for a young person to have it will give you a job skill educate you on the varieties of foods available and the basics in customer service without being a full service restaurant.
Fun but would NEVER recommend it to anyone who wants a life outside work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEApril 10, 2015
Pros: Fun customer contact
Cons: horrible uncaring and too young managers.
I think Panera Bread would have been a better experience if it weren't for such horrivle management that soured me on my position and job when I wasn't allowed to leave for over an hour when my father in law of 93 yrs was in the ER room after an emergency surgery. He passed away just hrs after I was able to get there and there was NO reason why that had to happen except for the management who had NO personal life and was envious of mine.

Most of my co workers were great and really cared and liked their job at first. As a shift supervisor with over 30 yrs of retail management experience, I was appalled at the way the staff was treated.

I miss the experience but not the values.....
Good starting out in the real world job.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Gainesville, GaApril 9, 2015
Panera Bread is a very good high school job, a job that will give you experience for your next job. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting all the people and building relationship.
Productive, fun workplace, provided flexible hours for employment.
Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHApril 9, 2015
A typical work day would begin with stocking the store with the breads,pastries, and bagels that were baked through out the night, brewing coffees and cutting bread to prepare the bakery/cafe for opening as well as prepare orders for the day. After we have opened for business, the day would ensue with receiving customers orders and preparing customers orders. What I have learned from working at Panera is how to deal with customers one on one, how to work with a high sense of urgency during peak hours, and how to handle myself when the environment can become stressful. Management at Panera is very hands on thy help when it is needed and are good problem solvers. My co-workers are what makes coming to work everyday an experience they create a fun work environment and are helpful when help is needed. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers. Its the hardest because, some customers may be having a bad day and they may release that frustration on me or co-worker even though we may have had nothing to do with their frustration to begin with. That very reasoning is what makes my job the most enjoyable I like to interact with the customer and ensure that their day gets better by greeting them with a smile and friendly hello and providing them with what I would believe to b great customer service so I can turn their day around and take away that frustration.
Overall experience
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Winnetka, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: food discounts
Cons: Management, long sumer hours, lack of hours, favoritism
Hours are always being cut and management likes to be bossy and not act like a team player. The hardest part of the job is sometimes lifting heavy products because management does not show sympathy if you are hurt. The most enjoyable part is the discounted food.
Fun Place
General Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2015
Working with Panera Bread was an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. I recommend the company as a growth potential opportunity for anyone.
Great culture and great teamwork ethic
Multi Market Training Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork ethic and work life balance
Cons: Communication can sometimes be inconsistent
Ability to develop teams. Customer Service is the cornerstone of the company's ideals. Excellent Training program is the cafes choose to use them. Very organized company.
Experience Builder
Dining Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Hours, Work experience
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. Depending on your position you will eventually be cross trained to perform other tasks in an effort to groom you for later management advancement. This can lead to a very busy work shift, but it isn't something that is overwhelming.
Overnight baking
Certified Baker (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 8, 2015
Baking for Panera Bread was basically like a dream. Typically I was working alone or with one other person overnight. I really enjoyed being accountable for my own work here.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: good pay, free lunch (for managers) promotions from within
Cons: no breaks (for managers)
I have loved working for Panera Bread, its a strong company with good values. They offer great benefits and flexible hours.
Generally a great job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Boardman, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great associates
Cons: Pay
I really enjoyed my job at Panera Bread. Unfortunately, I felt like there was little room for opportunity, which is what I am looking for. Working for this company has taught me many things about management and customer service.
Chill work place
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee), Bowie, MDApril 6, 2015
I made sandwiches and baked bread. poured soup in your bread and you ate it. if you wanted i gave you some extra bread rolls
eh
BOH (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNApril 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of hours, double work
Panera is a nice place to sit and eat and drink coffee. Even a great place to go and do work or read a book. The food is wonderful there. As far as working it is very fast paced and there is little room for error. I myself worked a possition meant for two people so i had a lot to do.
Run !!!!!
cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: Read review
Management including the GM are mean and unprofessional. The one near the airport has managers that enjoy yelling at other associates. The GM enjoy bullying other associates. Most customers are rich people who are rude. It's was a big mistake accepting the job here now I'm stuck. Watch out management will lie on you to save their own butt. Management talks about GM behind his/her back. All management is two - faced. GM envies skinny girls. All management needs to be let go before management brings panera down.
Productive, different, diverse, and balanced with fun times and strict work
Dining Room - Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, New YorkApril 4, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: poor management and ignorant people
A typical day at Panera would have to be fast paced. Most of the associates I work with are arrogant, and make work even more stressful. Hardest part of the job is having to both impress customers and meet their qualifications with orders, when we run out of items 70% of the time. The most enjoyable would have to be the rewards, we associates are offered, which are discounts and at times generous people.
Good First Starter Job
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKApril 3, 2015
They are nice, customers are nice, and management is always helpful and understanding. Not to mention i love their food.
Hard and stressful work
Associate (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: discounted food, willing to work with you on scheduling
Cons: long stressful hours, rude customers, management isnt great
A typical day at Panera particularly at the location I worked at which was one of the busier cafe's in West Michigan was busy and stressful, the mostly fun part about the job was my coworkers. When I first started there I loved my job it was fast paced, a new challenge. They offer cash register positions, dining room, line workers and drive-thru. Once I was trained on all positions a lot more was constantly expected of me, more work than just one person should handle. The way they decided raises was on performance and they were supposed to do reviews every so often but those were often done late or not at all. Management was the most stressful part, my GM would constantly be stressed out and take it out on us. He did the scheduling and yet was always asking people to stay late or work long hours. I once worked an 11 hour day with only a 10 minute break. A coworker of mine once worked a 12 hour day. Forgot about sick days, even if you call within 4 hours of your shift they would sometimes still give you a write up and even when you could find someone to cover your shift they'd give you smuck over not being there. Overall it was fun but my managers made the job much more stressful than it had to be.
Overall it is a good place as a first job.
Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free Food Durning Oreintaion and Training
Cons: Schedule Placement
Panera Bread is one of the many jobs that you will enjoy coming to each day. When looking for people to hire they place you with the ones you have similar characteristics with and may get along with very well. When I worked there I was surrounding by a comforting family. Just like a regular family, we also had our shares of ups and downs. Even though things don't work out the way you may want it to, everybody will benefit from a mutual solution.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries