Panera Bread
2,065 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

fun to work at
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), miMarch 5, 2015
Awesome coworkers, good managers, fulfilled catering orders, great schedule, owners care about employees. Hardest part of job is finding new clients
expierence
Cashier (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 4, 2015
a lot of the experiences I've had have been a teaching experience. I've learned to do things I never thought I would do. I learned to make drinks that I never knew existed.
Food
Ø HR Employee Relations Cashier (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: management unfair with working hours of the employees
The food there is a good quality rarely do you find a restaurant that you like all the foods, employees are very friendly. I really do like all the foods.
Difficult and Incompetent
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: occasionally fantastic customers, 65% discount
Cons: short breaks, terrible management
I worked mostly in the dining room and bakery, so I was the face of the cafe (or one of the faces of the cafe). I was also usually a closer. So a usual day of work included general things like running food or ringing up customers and stocking supplies, but also cleaning (sweeping, mopping, glass, etc.) and overall closing the store. You learn about time management and customer service, which is valuable experience, and my co-workers were wonderful people with whom I have formed strong, lasting friendships. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. In the seven months I worked there, we had had 3 GMs (the third being the worst of them) and word had it that there was a fourth coming. Both shift supervisors were on the way out and after replacing an assistant manager while I was working, the replacement also up and left. Because management was in such bad shape, communication and trust were breaking down at alarming rates and nobody knew what was going on anymore or who was really making decisions.

All that being said, some of the regular customers would make your day. After a long day of working at a place like Panera, you need people like them to restore your faith in humanity.
alright place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: bad raises
You work hard everyday always busy. Coworkers are cool. Hardest part of the job are the costumers they can be very upset. Most enjoyable part of the job are the different activities they have.
BAD NEWS
Baker (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be okay, I wouldn't say I would enjoy it because the work place isn't well put together. Panera isn't very organized, nor is it a nice environment to work with. I learned that panera isn't really a good place to work for. Management... they lack communication A LOT!. Co - workers...they talk a lot of rudeness about the customers, they don't actually care for one another and they are just rude in general. The hardest past of the job would have been, when the co - workers would come in early and complain about everything and are always distractions to the bakers. The most enjoyable part would be the part where it ended.
Fun and flexible
Baker associate, bake all of the products (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 3, 2015
Lunch rushes were the most difficult. Co-workers were very friendly amd understandable. overall a great place to work
Not enough hours and hostile work enviorment
Stock Coordinator/Food Prep (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: bad management
I went back there not too long again...all the staff and management are different so maybe it is different now but when i worked there the head manager was the worst human being i have ever met and made every employee's lives a living he** to work there.
Fun place to work with horrible management
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Batavia, ILMarch 3, 2015
The place doesn't know how to pay its best employees. So when they find someone who really cares about the work and will help them get ahead they end up leaving because they can't afford to work at Panera for next to no money
Panera Bread is a company that cares
Catering (Current Employee), Groton, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: charity events, great hours, offers benefits to full time employees
Cons: have to maintain a "natural" appearance, some franchises are close minded to new ideas
I have worked for this company for 3 years now and all of my complaints are minimal. It is a great company that cares about its employees and is dedicated to giving back to the community.

This is a great first job and they are big on inner advancement. They will notice if you have a great work ethic and drive and you wil be rewarded.

This is a fantastic first job for anyone or simply just a fun part time job to have.
great and enjoyable people to wrk and be around
Barista/Cashier/Line Cook/Dishwasher/Busser/Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great food and cheap
Cons: no cons
fun filled days. fast paced environment. great smiles and laughs. best healthy food for people and great taste. great place to work.
Productive and value orientated place to work
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 2, 2015
I feel as if Panera has a lot of key values that are good for the workplace. I am proud to be a member of this fantastic team. This is a good company to move up the ladder in and a good company overall
Great Place to work, fun atmosphere
Support Staff (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: limited hours
My day included preparing for the breakfast shift and included food prep, cleaning of the dining area, cashier duties.
great place to learn customer service skill
retail (Current Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: discount lunches, willing to work with if you need days off
Cons: not enough hours to go around
I learn how to deal with all kinds of customers. How to patiently listen and take care of needs or problems.I work with lively bunch of people it never gets that boring. My bosses are friendly and helpful with most tasks around the cafe.
Panera Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 65% discount on food, free soda and tea.
Cons: long hours, late nights
The work Environment depends on which store you work at. Every single store is different. At the first store, I loved my job, the workplace and everything. They provided awesome opportunities for advancement. But when I transferred I saw an ugly side. My new General manager did everything he could to belittle people. The managers have a god complex and almost all the employees are petty and rude. They treat the customers rudely and their fellow employees even worse. Many of my coworkers are two faced and love to spread drama throughout the store. There in no opportunity for advancement. I'm at a "training store" that has no trainers. nobody knows the correct measurements. they give away lemonade and green tea. They only promote people after years of servitude. The pay is terrible unless you're a transfer. The Hardest part of this job is dealing with co-workers. The best part is the customers who, for the most part are kind and enjoy simple conversation. I even had a customer look at me when I was sick and offer to help me home if I was too sick to drive myself while my GM called me a liar.

I would suggest speaking to other employees of the store you intend to apply at before applying and see what they think of their bosses and how they're treated. Because for the most part of what I've seen most stores treat their customers and employees well and I still do think highly of Panera, Thanks to my initial experiences.
great company and great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 27, 2015
it seems like not only the people you work with but the company itself cares for you in some way. Although they pay is not ideal, its still better than the same position at some other company. They also love to teach you about new products and service techniques in order to not only help further your knowledge but to help their company succeed.
AMAZING COMPANY
Cashier, Dining Room Manager (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZFebruary 26, 2015
This was a great company to work for. you help people and are blessed. I enjoyed everyday I was there. The church provided everything that we needed to be successful.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Evans, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks and tea
Cons: na
Good, relatively relaxing place to work with quiet customers. The company is big about making sure customers have a good "Escape", if you will. A place to relax and enjoy good food and drink.
well managed
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greece, NYFebruary 26, 2015
panera was a clean well managed work place with great workers but sadly poor management or hours.i learn to be a team player and that following codes every day saves you in the long run.
Good Days/Bad Days
o Recruiting and Training Specialist (Current Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Overall good first job, longterm seek other opportunities. Typical slower mornings, busy lunches, and sometimes crazy dinner.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries