Panera Bread
1,568 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

ok
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2014
Ok company to work for but not a good long term job. Company has a in your face management style.
great place to start the food industry
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
One of the first places I worked with food in. Learned how to work the line, met some great co-workers. couldnt ask for a better place to start off in.
Fast paced work environment
Associate (Former Employee), Keene, NHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, network of friends
Cons: often worked late
Learned how to work in a fast-paced environment and attend to the orders of each customer in a timely manner. Interacted with a team of associates in an efficient way.
Productive and fun work place
Bakery Opener (Former Employee), Audubon, PAJune 30, 2014
I would come in at 5:30am set everything up by 6:00am. I would have to count my till. Make customers their drinks, some food. I made sure all refrigerators were filled and all counters were clean. I also trained new employees.
Great culture filled with wonderful coworkers and customers.
Training and Service Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2014
Pros: the people!!! i loved my coworkers and especially my customers.
Cons: long hours (10-13 hour shifts) early mornings (being at work at 5am)
As a manager for Panera Bread I worked in all facets of the business, cash handling, benefits coordination, hiring, coaching, baking and food prep. The environment was built around being a team. The restaurant industry as a whole is challenging for families (the saying "We work when everyone else plays" was my motto for years) but I have to say Panera – more... respected the lives of the employees and tried to give us some quality of life. – less
Very busy work place with its up's and down's
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Doral, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, opportunities for advancement
Cons: very fast workplace, stressful
The job is pretty straight forward and has many possibilities for advancement as long as you put the work in. The job can be stressful at time but the friends you can make from working there will save you from some of the stress. You'll be able to meet tons of people, some of who can help you later on in life.
Quick-paced environment with long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 27, 2014
Days can be fun but long. Quick-paced environment with constant interaction with customers.
A busy job that is very repatative, free food is always good though!
Certified Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch since i was an associate trainer.
Cons: hours changed very often, many co-workers called out on a daily basis.
Clock in and start working right away. Setting up everything for the say; including stocking papergoods, food, baking, keeping in touch with other employees on what is out of stock or needs to be done.
I trained new employees to the workplace.
Need to know all the items on the menu and ingredients for consumers.
Very fast paced and harder than an average – more... person would think.
Management changed very often, which made communication and forming relationships hard for all co-workers here.
I made a best friend working here, and other great friends that I still keep in-touch with. – less
Fun work place for customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Broadview Heights, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: interaction
Cons: inconsistent schedule
I am in charge of running successful shifts on a daily basis for Panera Bread. I am in charge of over $4000 worth of money in the store at all times. I handle customer complaints and also solve daily problems in the work place. I order food and equipment in order to run a successful business. I interview potential employees, hire, and give orientations – more... to new employees. I am a certified trainer and also train new employees.

The most enjoyable part of my job was daily interactions with customers that would come in from all over the country and making sure they had a successful visit to my store – less
Very fun and subtle place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJune 26, 2014
Pros: discount off food, free pastrys and bread at night
Cons: breaks every 6 hours, no smoke breaks.
My typical day at work was always different depending on what I was doing that day. Some days I would be working in the dining room, other days I would be working in the back making sandwiches and salads for our customers. While working in the dining room i learned excellent customer service and how to deal with the customers complaints in a nice way. – more... While i worked as a sandwich and salad maker I had to learn how to work in a fast yet timely manner and be a team player. My co-workers were outstandingly friendly and I don't think I've had such amazing co-workers before. My manager on the other hand was different. I wasn't very impressed in the way he worked. I was a very hard working employee and he valued other, "not so hard working" employee's over me. I can't really think the hardest part of my job would be at the moment, I loved most of it. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a waitress and delivering the food to the customers and just seeing the big smiles on their face. It was truely the best and most enjoyable place I have ever worked – less
Productive, Good Work Environment
Catering Coordinator/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Clermont, FLJune 24, 2014
Very busy fast paced
I loved working with the Clients
Most of the co-workers worked as a team
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2014
Typical day for me was to greet the customers at the door and keep the lobby clean, prepare food, wash the dishes and keep the back of house clean. Maintain a clean and neat work environment, and take make coffee and tea orders. I learned that that you have to move fast and keep up with the pace otherwise you'll start slipping. I enjoyed working with – more... my coworkers they were like a family. – less
Productive fun workplace almost like a family
cashier, baristi, trainer, line cook (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2014
Pros: 50% off discount on everything, free coffee tea and soda
Cons: unpaid breaks
A typical day at Panera starts with bakery and line set up at 4:00 a.m. From there we sever breakfast until 10:30 and 11:00 on weekends, but bagels and pastries are served all day. The busiest part of the day is always lunch. Business always picks up by 12 and its a non-stop flow of customers until about 2 in the afternoon. During those hours everyone – more... is focused on providing great customer service at the registers, and a quality product on the food line while trying to keep ticket times under three minutes. Day-shift normally ends for most employees around 4:00, but before day-shift goes home bakery and line cooks clean and restock for night-shift crew. Night-shift is slower than day-time, but everyone is still accountable for providing excellent customer service owed to each and every single guest that walks through our doors as well as the same quality product. Just the same as day-shift night-shift is responsible for cleaning and restocking for day-shift. Since I've been working for Panera I've learned how important it is to connect with our customers. By connecting with customers we leave a lasting impression that makes them want to come back and see us again. I've also learned that a big part of customer service is a lot of times you have to work with a sense of urgency; this lets our customers know that we are there for them and we won't hesitate to assist with any needs the customer has. At my Panera I work with some amazing people it's really like a family. I'ts a good feeling knowing I can go to work and expect to have a great time while being productive everyone is so helpful. The hardest part about my job would have to be keeping ticket times below three minutes. Some days we get so busy with phone-ins and big orders that it can get slightly overwhelming. The most enjoyable part would have to be the employee to employee interaction as well as the employee to customer interaction it's always a lot of laugh. – less
Bought Out and Broken
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: egomaniacal owner
The Columbus franchise used to be a fun, respectful company. the culture was people first, let's make some money and grow a franchise while valuing its people. then it was bought out. now it's money and power and people are all disposable. its hard to find a smile in the place and even harder sometimes to find a bagel! Such a shame.
Panera experience
Food Production Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, INJune 21, 2014
Pros: 30% meals and got to take home food when closing
Cons: favoritism among the staff
I loved working for this company, as an overall experience it was a lot of fun to work there. But they weren't always up to cross-training on all areas or picked favorites among the staff.
Summary
Cashier providing excellent customer service (Current Employee), Broadman rdJune 21, 2014
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: not enough hours.
Customer Service, Cashier handling and balancing and end of shift, packaging of bakery goods through out the day.
Demanding, challenging but your customers make it worth it.
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Buckhead, GAJune 21, 2014
Pros: daily 10% discount up to a max of 10$ off meals.
Cons: no matter how you package it is still a food service industry business.
I started working here as a suplement to school funds due to the Post 9/11 GI-Bill. I've stayed because of the interactions between the customers, and co-workers. Its not easy to work in a fast food industry that is trying to push itself from that image into its own area of food. But the work and energy I put into "my" store comes back to me in the – more... smiles of children and their parents and the thanks from co-workers. Its not a perfect company, but it does try its best to take care of everyone. Just trying to be good people all the time is hard, as the Air Force core values stated, Integrity first doing the right thing even when no one notices. – less
Perfect sandwich shop
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches and free bread.
Greeted and served customers in a speedy, accurate, warm manner.

Operated cash register, balanced cash drawer, and followed all cash handling procedures.

Adhered to all safety procedures, rules and regulations.

Ensured that all areas were properly wiped down and carefully cleaned.

Arranged display and new promotional items to ensure customer satisfaction.
Panera review
Manager (Current Employee), Rivergate, TNJune 20, 2014
Pros: great concept. high quality food ingredients.
Cons: management time is included in hourly schedules. it requires you to be hands on all day.
Most of the day is spent assisting associates and working their positions. Very little time is allocated for scheduling and ordering/inventory.
Treats customers with respect
Cashier (Current Employee), Everett, WAJune 20, 2014
Greets customer, takes orders, fills orders, helps customers with questions. learned how to manage school life, working, and being a mom. management is not consistent.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more