Panera Bread
2,137 reviews

Panera Bread United States Employee Reviews

Good for first time job, not for career
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: you get to meet new people
Cons: free meals (only during training)
A typical day at Panera is coming into work greeted by your coworkers early in the morning. Sometimes management acknowledges your presence. The hardest part was working different stations with lines out the door from 12pm-3pm non stop. I learned how to make a variety of salads and different breads I've never known. The best part working there was the trip to Dave & Busters for the hard work we did.
Great company with great customer service and quality food
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Percentage Discount
Panera is a great company to work for. They excel in food prep and customer service always going the extra mile to give the customer exactly what they want.
it's a terrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2015
i had 9 hours per week, always asking for more..my hours were totally scattered and you start on the most difficult job in the entire place.
AMAZING
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAMarch 27, 2015
Panera Bread was, by far, my favorite job that I have ever had. My co-workers were amazing, as was the management. Also, Panera had plenty of room for advancement & encourages their employees to constantly better themselves.
Productive, friendly environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Lathrup, VillageMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, positive environment
Cons: Few hours, scheduling was not the best
A typical day at work when I open the store would be putting every bakery item out. I would then make sure the correct tags are in front of every bakery item. Next, as the store opens I ring up customer's orders. I fill their bakery orders, and make their drinks. A typical day when I close, would be similar. I would ring for the majority of the time. But I also have to stock everything up before I leave, including paper goods and foods. Then I am in charge of cleaning my assigned area. Some days I train a newer employee, and I teach them how to do all of these things. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the many different personalities and attitudes that the customers have. However, I learned to deal with it and treat everyone kindly. My coworkers are supportive for the most part. We all work as a team. The management is great. My only complaint would be that sometimes the scheduling was not right. They would schedule me on days that I had school. What I learned from this job is that when dealing with people, you have to leave your attitude at the door! No matter what I am personally going through, when I walk through those doors I must treat everyone respectfully.
Great for Customers sucks for management
Manager (Current Employee), MarylandMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: The day you are promised anything
If your looking for a Restaurant Management Career Stay as far away from Panera Bread as possible. Talented management is turned away in favor of young inexperienced ones who know how to play in interviews. Just read about all the experiences in the Montgomery County, MD area. Much better and many other places to work, if you have no creativity or ideas in your head and what to spend your life as a "Robot" do same old monotonous routine every day...then sell your soul to Panera. Look into the eyes of any manager they are bored out of there minds and know in their heart tomorrow will be the same thing over again.
Nobodyt has your back when the GM is very dishonest about EVERYTHING!!!!!!
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Former Employee), NEW PORT RICHEYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good customers, most of the employees are cool
Cons: REALLY BAD MANAGEMENT
A typical day started at 6am and a nasty look from the GM. if traffic was bad and I was late after I was changed to a different position and wasn't told about it. you are encouraged in the employee handbook to call corporate if anything isn't right or if you are being treated unfairly, I got bitched out by the GM. it is said in the handbook that no backlash will happen. YEAH RIGHT
Problems in management.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities for career advancent
Cons: Inapropriate employee/mangager relationships
Employees are led by example, if the manager horse plays and has inappropriate behavior on the job, then the employee doesn't learn to respect the manager or their authority.
A place you can work hard and make friends
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friends
Cons: Management structures
I have worked at three different Panera Bread locations and have found many pros and cons of each of them. Of course, management is different at each location and I have learned many things that I do and do not like within a work place. I continue to work at Panera when I am home from school as a way to earn a little bit of extra spending money and to occupy my breaks.
great food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 24, 2015
Pros: 60% off meals
Cons: No breaks, bad quality of life
This is a great place to dine at but working here isn't what it's all cracked up to be. If you notice that have a negative hashtag in the social media world called #paneraproblems which means that the world is knowing about the bad things vs the good
Productive , fun , fast space
Customer Service (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: fast pace
I loved working at Panera Bread. I always enjoyed going to work because I knew there would be food there. My co-workers and I never needed to go out for lunch because our menu was the best there was. I really learned hoe to be patient while working here , because the guest are very particular about what they want and how they want it. Thats never a problem because they always made it work.
Great place to learn transferable skills
Trainer (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 23, 2015
I started working at Panera Bread when I was in high school. It is a great beginning job! With hard work I was able to advance from Associate to Team Trainer. Working for this company has given me an excellent foundation to further my professional goals.
Easy work friendly co workers
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: nice discount for lunch
Cons: pay is not good.
Good company to work for but pay is not good seems like there's no room for advancement,you get a pretty good discount healthy food but your hard work does not reflect with your check
productive and fun
Associate (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: hours, co workers, discount, food
Cons: pay
I loved working at Panera Bread! My coworkers were awesome, the regular visiting customers were always sweet, the food is delicious and fun to prepare
.A lot of work little pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago land, ILMarch 22, 2015
As a manager you have to work as a manager and two associates. The company keeps adding more and more items to the menu and more and more things to prep but will not give us more service hours or labor hours in general
good place to work
Houry Assoiate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: my coworkers
My managers were always knowledgeable they knew what they were doing and they know how to keeps someone with their team. i had a good experience there and i would go back if accepted.
Fun but with issues
Associate/ certified trainer (Current Employee), Green wood village DTCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: hours stink and so does pay and always talking about drugs
The people who work there are not clean the place has come along way but they really need to get rid of some of the trash that is working there..
trainer
Trainer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: lake of good management
Training all new employees in
Dining room – cleaning tables, deck brushing, sweeping, moping, cleaning windows, taking trash out and returning all dishes to dishwasher
Line - deck brushing, sweeping, moping, cleaning food stations and checking day dots on food, throwing away expired food including making sandwiches, salads, pannis, pasta, soups and consolidation of food
Prep- prepping all food for the following day (chicken, steak ,seafood, tea ,coffee)
Breakfast – making breakfast sandwiches, bagels, bowls
Management needs improvement
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 20, 2015
My coworkers were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The work was not difficult, however the management was poor. They did not treat the staff adequately and respectfully.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAMarch 20, 2015
While working at Panera Bread still attending school and having an internship they were very flexible with my hours and everyone was treated like a family member. The most enjoyable part of the job was always walking in with a smile and greeting customers.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries