2,002 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Server
Baker (Former Employee), Rutherford, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: half off drinks, food
Cons: short breaks
Greeting and serving guest . Running food .
learned the menu and serving guest.
Management was alright , it sometimes was lacking . There wasn't a consist manager .
There was nothing hard about working there .
Most enjoyable was the guest . I liked to greet and take care ofthe guest.
Family, Friends.
BOH Part Time Associate (Current Employee), Shrewsbury PennsylvaniaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount on meals, flexible, good susupervisors.
Cons: scheduling, hours, some lazy workers, to many employees.
I love Panera okay. But I am very observant and alot needs to be Worked on. I hear swearing while On Line in the area of customers. Some Workers say thats.your food dont bother to ENGAGE with the customer. I love interaction with customers. I greet them but some dont. Management- Great team hands down but some do play favorites and I was one minute late once And I felt so small cuz I was getting yelled at for being a minute late. The person was like hurry your really late and I cant help it if the car is all iced. Closing- Depends what workers close some do outstanding jobs and others do nothing and it looks like diddly squat. I have many coconcerns but I just work there and I dont want to quit but Im looking for other Jobs. The hours and Shrewsbury just isnt the place for a Panera like york is great for it. Overall They are family and Ill do anything for them.
Best Place i have ever workded
Bakery-Cafe Associate (Former Employee), San Luis ObispoFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great food! great staff
Typical day at work with Panera Bread was a great time. walking into the cafe was the best because of all the great smells of the best tasting food~ the people who work there were so positive and happy in life it just made the cafe have so much energy.
Working Like Slaves
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: room for advancement, multi-locations, flexiable hours
Cons: open 7 days a week (even on holidays), pay rate, management
Work days the upper Management doesn't want to work. They have a great training program and if everyone knows what it is all about, then everything works well.
No team work or leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ramsey, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: pepsi products
Cons: inconsistent hours, ignored requests, poor scheduling, poor management
I've never missed a shift and I always put in the effort to making Panera a better environment. After a year of stifled training, I finally became a manager and one that the employees respect because of my experience and leadership style. However our GM lacks that leadership and is overcritical and never supportive. I have excelled at everything Panera throws at me and there is never any confidence or support given to reciprocate. I also have NO limitations on my availability so my schedule is scattered and never consistent. In return, I can't even get days off when I request them months in advance and the schedule isn't released until 3 days before the week starts. As one of the more proactive employees at our store, I would expect some respect and kindness but get none. I have a greater potential that Panera refuses to accept and I have been wasting my time and effort on Panera Bread.
A fast pace but friendly work environment where a customers happiness is our #1 priority.
Cashier (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: made alot of nice friends
Cons: to much standing
A typical work day i would get to work and clock in. Then i would pick a draw and get the money for it. I would count the money to make sure the draw was accurate before i start. Then i put the drawer in and start ringing up customers. I suggest food and interact with customers in a positive friendly manner. Once my shift is over i get my draw pulled it gets counted by a manager and then i clock out. Most of the time when there are not alot of customers i am also helping out other people with cleaning/organizing the store. I learned to put on a smile for the customers no matter what. Also learned about product management and alot about Panera in general. management was very good for the most part and almost all my co-workers were great. Honestly the hardest part of my job was staying standing for so long. I do not like to stand lol. I enjoyed interacting with my co-workers and sometimes the customers.
General Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2015
Great Brand! Great Company! Strong People Culture, focus on internal development of managers and team members. C.E.O is a real visionary who is passionate about restaurant operations and people.
Fun workplace, fast paced enviorment.
Zone Leader (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: managment/ employees could have been better
Very fast paced environment, a lot of multi-tasking.
Learned a lot about everything the company had to offer, from cashier to cooking.
Management could have been better, was a new location and everything was just falling into place at the time.
Most of the co-workers were good, some were lazy and did not do much to help out the others.
Love Working for Panera
Cashier/Sales, Barista, Bakery, Dinning Room (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals 30mins before during and after shifts
Great Staff, morals, management helps and doesn't just sit around, team effort, they help you. I go in excited to see some regulars I have and see my co-workers. am ready to jump on board and start work. The most enjoyable part is making someones day just by asking how are they and putting them first.
Very relaxed environment with fast paced work.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day at work consists of breakfast rush, lunch rush, and a lot of cleaning and cooking throughout the day. Everything from serving dishes to washing them after personally picking them up from tables.
Productive and fun workplace.
Associate Trainer/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gardendale, ALJanuary 30, 2015
I worked with an awesome team, and there's always room for improvement. We provided each customer with quality customer service,
Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 30, 2015
All in all Panera is a great place, its a happy environment to be in the people are nice the food is great the area is clean and everything I mean every place has its flaws.
Good Co-Workers
General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 29, 2015
Responsible and hardworking employees have room to advance with this company. Typical responsibilities include all day to day operations. Food Cost Management, Hiring and Training, Customer Service is a must, P/L management, and lots of multi-tasking.
Associate (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 65% discount for employee meals
A great experience. I learned to try different foods and how to prepare both Hot and Cold foods.
Flexible
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIJanuary 29, 2015
I only kept this job so long because of their amazing flexibility with scheduling. They have a planner that you can write any days you need off and you will 99% of the time get that day off. You can work as many (up to 40) or as little hours as you want.

This company was also full of college kids, so its a great work environment.
Cash register (Former Employee), North CharlestonJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: it was fast paste
Cons: cut hours
It was a productive day. It was always busy for lunch. There will sometimes be lines outside the door. I worked the cash register and prepare the pastries.
not a bad company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2015
I did not have any complaints about working at this company. I enjoyed my work. The hardest part of the job for me was the hours. I worked very early hours which can be common in a bakery setting
it was a calm and tedious work place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIJanuary 28, 2015
It was an okay job, what I've learned from this job is better communication skills. The management was mediocre but my co-workers were great! The most enjoyable part of this job was making the food and interacting with the customers.
cool place to work
Associate (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: no free food, management
cool place to work. usually will be filled with hipster-esque people that are down to hang out and chill. management, at my specific panera, was awful. they picked favorites, couldn't schedule to save their lives (I'm talking associates being left alone for 2+ hours on line, only 2 closing associates after 6pm most nights). the management was horrid. stop picking favorites like this is a clique in high school and treat all of your employees with the same level of respect.
Productive fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Goshen, INJanuary 27, 2015
very nice coworkers and mangers. out going environment and nice to work with people of diverse cultures. I learned to work with money and costumers

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more