Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Panera
Pannini Maker/Dining room (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 10, 2017
Washed dishes and utensils. Made panini sandwhiches. Cleaned kitchen. Serves customers. The staff was great. This was a fun work enviorment, the people mad work load lighter.
Panera Bread
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 9, 2017
Panera Bread was a good place to work. Busy but quiet. The managers were always helpful and there for you. I enjoyed seeing the guest that came in everyday. Being the first person that the guest see and being able to put a smile on their face makes me feel great
Pros
Discounts
Progressive Food Service
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2017
At my location, the peak hours are sometimes unpredictable so that can be stressful when we're unprepared. But that's the rush that I really liked. It allowed me a time to shine by being fast and accurate with the rest of my team.
It’s ik
Cashier and customer associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILDecember 9, 2017
I’ve worked here for 2 years and I’ve made some close connections. I’ve learned a lot as well. However the clealiness is enforced randomly and there was basically no training for my position I took. Sometimes managers yell at you for no reason because the job is preach done or they will start slacking off. I feel like I’m not being paid fairly because I continue to get almost 25 cents less than people who were just hired with the some lack of experience and of the same age. They usually listen to schedule changes but if they mistake the wrong day they’ll blame it on you even if you asked them in advanced. Overall it was a good first job but I’m just done.
Pros
Discounts and flexible hours
Cons
Pay and inconsistent schedule
Great Starter job for student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 9, 2017
The work environment is fun and fast paced. Although it can get stressful during busy seasons, there is an overall great energy in the store. We always had a good time at work
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Low compensation
Nothing to say.
Panera Bread Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for Panera Bread for the seven years. I had the pleasure of meeting alot of really great people along the way. That was the hardest part about leaving, were the customers I had to leave behind.
Pros
Nothing to say.
Cons
Nothing to say.
fun job with constant work provided
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2017
hum... its a great company with simple food guidelines kind of pricy but my experience has been ok for the most part its really ideal for someone looking for something part-time!
Pros
half off meals pto
Cons
healthcare expensive
solid place to work overall with some issues
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJDecember 9, 2017
I work in the Catering hub, not a cafe.

Regular day at work is making sure drivers get out on time with orders. Most everyone works hard, but some people are lazy. Drivers make alot of money and generally do the least. So other workers have to pick up the slack.

I learned alot about time management and always having a gameplan. Being able to think ahead in order to put out fires before they start is something else I had to pick up.

Management is ok, but there is definitely favoritism shown to certain employees. And the ones that are favored the most often do the least or get angry when they feel they don't get enough deliveries. The arrogance is astounding.

The culture is ok. Generally light, but again some people do not do much and others whine. Some people try to hide and not do anything. Which builds up resentment among the staff. It's a cycle.

Hardest part of the job depends on the day. At night it would be making sure all orders are dispatched and out the door on time. At night it's making sure all orders for the next day are set-up and all consolidation for the orders is done.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that when everything runs smoothly, you have ALOT of time to do the thing background things that keep the business moving forward. Inventory, truck order, pepsi order, product counts, etc. And for the most part everyday does run pretty smooth.

The main thing that sucks is Panera is really bad with wage increases and raises. If you are an internal hire and you get promoted you will most likely get a low raise. This is true of pretty much all
  more... restaurants though.  less
Pros
Discounts, solid benefits
Cons
Very poor wage compensation
Great management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  W St Paul, MNDecember 9, 2017
The work was fast paced but the managers were always able to stay upbeat. This is a good company that makes you feel like they put both it's customers and employees first. They really make you feel like part of the family.
good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 8, 2017
Panera is a good job, with decent hours, and a flexible schedule. It is quick paced, and often high stressed. It really depends on how busy that panera is.
Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2017
Thank you for everything ... it was alright not that bad . The pay was bad at least to me but the staff was great . The manager were like here and there . Bye
Fast paced, Challenging environment
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 8, 2017
Panera Bread was a great company to work for; I was initially a restaurant associate, typically operating the P.O.S , preparing orders for customers, and then given the opportunity to function as an associate and associate trainer. I trained new team members in all areas of the business within my capacity; food prep per health dept standards, and customer desire, opening and closing procedures, P.O.S standards and accountability, as well as customer interaction/expectations. The most challenging aspect of the position was training and functioning as an associate during peak business times of the day.
Pros
Discounted meals, flexible schedule
Cons
Under staffing
Fast paced, great employees, and atmosphere.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
Great place to work. Love the people I worked for. Just didn’t care for the hours, and didn’t shifts that we had to work. Benefits are great, and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
Needs new management
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 7, 2017
I think this would be a nice place to work if a change of management occurred and the people applying for jobs and are promised certain positions that this employer would stick with their word.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, rude management
Terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL 32541December 7, 2017
Managers are very rude and the GM is very lazy in terms of helping. Rarely would see her while working as she would always be in the office, even if there was a line to the door and only one cashier and one line associate. She did seem to care for the employees personally but would not help when needed. The job was difficult and stressful, especially in the dining room. Too much for one person to effectively handle during peak hours as dishes would pile up, tables would forever be dirty and teas would run out very quickly and customers were very rude and demanding. Management would not help but rather would scold you for not being quick enough.
great work place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 7, 2017
prep was stressful bc of long hours and early mornings, but i loved it. Staff was great. Almost like family, everyone got along. If i had the chance to work there again i would
Pure Chaos
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 7, 2017
Due to the fact that the majority of the employees are either high school students or young college students, the work environment was not professional at all. Management did not like to listen to employees. Management did not take the employees seriously, probably because of the average young age of them. In addition, scheduling was very inconsistent, making it nearly impossible to try to budget.

Management also is not on top of promotions/pay increases. There are many empty promises. There is the option to promote hourly associates to trainers. However, I waited nearly 1 year to be promoted to trainer after the initial offer. Throughout that year, no scheduling to assist me in obtaining the trainer title were presented.
Pros
Nice food discount, occasional free pastries
Cons
Deplorable management, inconsistent hours, many empty promises.
fast pace workplace with good culture
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Panera and even made some friends there. I would absolutely recommend people to come work there. The management is great and everyone gets along. The hardest part of the job is closing. And the most enjoyable is smelling the fresh bread and cookies.
Pros
good hours
Cons
scheduled every Saturday and Sunday
Rewarding yet challenging
Restaurant Catering Coordinator Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 7, 2017
There are pros and cons with this company.
Of course, with determination, you can advance but only as the discretion of the companies time.
GO findout
This place was extremely bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hickory North CarolinaDecember 7, 2017
In my opinion I have nothing good to say about this place everything about it was extremely bad I I just don't have nothing else on nothing good to say about Panera

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.