Panera Bread
1,801 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Nice on the surface
Manager (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 18, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, fun training program, food, atmosphere, uniforms
Cons: no free food available for employees, workload for timeframe, low-pay, complicated menu exceeds size of company's specialty (pasta??)
Usually, your job consists of satisfying every guest no matter what they request or your limitations. The management sets unobtainable goals for their staff and other managers by not providing the tools or time. Don't let the great smells and pretty colors fool you; Panera Bread will string you along with better pay and advancement opportunities that – more... never materialize. You can be an expert in every position and have the best attitude but that won't save you from the intense workload, ridiculous standards that change for every employee, and being yelled at by a guest or manager. You'll make a lot of friends but not actually get anywhere professionally. – less
Panera has a great culture
Michigan Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 18, 2014
Panera has a no Jerk Policy that is great for its associates who feel their manager is being to hard on them.
Panera Bread
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Manchester, CTOctober 17, 2014
Pros: growth in the compant
Cons: working unexpected double shifts.
Working close with the management to best fit the needs of the new hires to train them . I set up the line. Prepped food and cleaned and sanitation of the store.
Great place to work, Wonderful culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 16, 2014
Pros: working conditions, atmosphere, culture, and benefits
Cons: average pay, and always busy
Panera is always a step ahead of its competitors. They have a great employee culture, and fun atmosphere. Always new and exciting things to learn. As a Restaurant manager you get to learn the whole business over time, as you play different roles in the restaurant.
Fast and Fun
Dining room , food prep., barista, dish cleaner (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: n/a
Arrive in the morning check in with some co-workers, check the dining room, then make coffees. It was slow until lunch then it would get busy for about an hour and a half. Then after that time it would just a few people here and there. Do the cleaning duties for the day and that would be all for the day.
Hard work but food was good
Baker (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no raises or opportunity to move up
Baker worked all night and learned some shortcuts to bring out a good product. Management is a one man show only cares about what they can get out of you with very little appreciation or raise. Co-workers are great cause you work with only one or two people a night ( you solo sometimes). Some co-workers get territorial and will only bake while you do – more... all the prep but you quickly know who they are. Hardest part is getting use to working all night and not sleeping most of the day. The most enjoyable is working while the place was closed. – less
Life at Panera
Cashier (Current Employee), Lanham, MDOctober 15, 2014
Panera is Panera. Like any other job we have a good day and we have bad days
fun yet fast paced atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), denver coOctober 15, 2014
busy stocking and prep
lots of up keep
fun energetic team
catering adds a lot of stress and creative solutions
panera
bakery clerk / cashier (Former Employee), arnold ,moOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great work atmospere
Cons: very early shifts
set up bakery , set bread wall wait on customers. slicing breads for production line
Good work environment that is very accomodating to outside life (ie. school and family)
Certified Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good work environment, ability to build relationships with management and co-workers.
Cons: there is a lot of managerial turnover
A typical day of work is not a difficult one, as long as the team of employees that are scheduled that day are willing to work together as a team to help the customer. If co-corkers are present physically and mentally, then the process can work efficiently. The willingness of managers to jump into the mix and help is also a good thing to have, as long – more... as they do not start to micromanage the employees. – less
Warm, Welcoming, Family Oriented.
Team Member (Former Employee), Parker, COOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work if you are in the food industry. Although, integrity could be improved upon within the company.
Came for the job, stayed for the friends.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Mount PleasantOctober 13, 2014
People here are amazing. I have made some of my closest friends here. As a job, Panera is a great place to gain food service experience.
fun workplace
Associate Trainer, QC, shift supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
I liked staying busy and coming in and know what I had to do everyday. I was good at my job.
No Upper Management Honesty....Snakes in Hiding!!!
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Stockton, CaliforniaOctober 13, 2014
Cons: everything, upper management ( snakes )
Snakes that are not Men and Women but Cowards. No Jerks and Honesty...I think not! Need to be very careful, a lot of turnover!!! No Respect or Dignity, Integrity does not exist in Upper Management
High pace environment
Associate (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: too stressful
can be stressful
management isnt too bad
coworkers arent always the best
hardest part is theres no training
Graveyard baking
Associate/ Head Baker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: gained skill set
Cons: hours and pay
Little cooperation in setting any member of the team up for success. Every evening I'd come in to my station left a mess from the day crew and management showed no compassion in helping me get ready for my long night ahead. Most nights you worked alone, creating thousands of dollars worth of baked goods.
Your hours of work consisted of 9pm-6am, forcing – more... yourself into weird sleeping hours and an unhealthy lifestyle. – less
Enjoyable job
Baker Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free food, friendly coworkers
Cons: short breaks do to amout of work, communication problems from some management
My position at Panera Bread is fun and simple. I enjoy working with and assisting the bakers. The hardest part of the job is working third shift then being a stay at home mom during the day.
Productive and awesome
MANAGER (Former Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: food! the culture was amazing
Cons: hours
I loved working for this company. There was great room for growth and I was on my way to becoming an Assistant Manager when I moved, became pregnant, and stepped back down to cashier. As a mother, food service hours were not working out anymore. I want a steadier job with more stable shifts.
Fast advancement and great training
Assistant Manager | Auditor & Training Specialist (Current Employee), Rancho BernardoOctober 10, 2014
Overall, it is a good company to work for. Compensation for associates, associate trainers and managers okay.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2014
This job was very fun, loving co-workers and customers, great first time job.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more