Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 4,701 reviews matching the search
Very People Friendly, Efficient place to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
While working at Panera, I managed to make close ties with fellow employees, the schedule was flexible, hardest part was having to do group work by myself.
Great co-workers.
Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 12, 2017
The job was close to my house and I was able to meet some new friends while I worked there. I didn't really see myself going anywhere with the company so I found something else that paid better.
decent place overall
Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2017
decent place overall to work. there is growth potential if your willing to move. i would stay below a gm level or you are pretty much going to live there to get the job done.
Great Work Environment
Back Of House Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2017
The hardest part about working at Panera was learning stricter work ethics then I was used to at previous restaurants I have worked at. The management there cares about their customers and the employees that work there. They're advocates of clean food and employee benefits. I love working at Panera because the management lets you have opportunities learning different positions throughout the cafe. The funnest part of working there is getting used to what's expected and being able to provide more.
Pros
Free Lunches, Position Opportunities, Co-workers
Cons
Scheduling, Hours, Days Off
Lots of work, but pays off in the end
Certified Baker (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 11, 2017
This is a great job, but very difficult. Not that the tasks themselves are difficult, but working overnight can be very exhausting. lifting all of the screens, pans, and boxes from the freezer can put a lot of strain on you, but overall it is very enjoyable and pleasant to work there. The people are kind and very generous and forgiving of mistakes. I would recommend it anyone, with a side of caution of how difficult the job as a whole is.
Pros
"free" manager meals, and can take home left over bread/sweets
Cons
long hours, sleeping in the day
great Work place for Student
Associate Trainer/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Enjoy and relax I always enjoy meet new people,Management are great to work with. And great Work place for Student and also like good to study area good food
Not a very comfortable work environment.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
My manager is very biased and she has favorites. She would degrade many people and talk down to almost anybody. She would not let you speak unless she was completely right and it felt like it was petty high school drama.
Pros
Many hours clocked in.
Cons
No benefit what so ever.
Productive Place but management could be improved
Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be to clock in and stand at your position and make yourself look busy. I learned how to make food from Panera and take orders really fast. The management need to be improved. Hardest part of the job was getting used to the routines. The most enjoyable part was taking orders.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Long shifts short breaks
Great but demanding first just
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2017
Panera Bread was my first job. It was fun an came interesting to see all the work going into a bakery/cafe. I know the company has grown so much bigger after I left over the years. It was a great and demanding environment. The hardest part is customer service.
ok
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 10, 2017
It is an okay company to work for. Pay is not the best and is more of a high school work place. Great co-workers and flexible schedule; good work environment

Want to know more about Panera Bread?

Ask a question
Good food and Great workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 10, 2017
Working at Panera bread was fun and also educational. I would come in and I knew what I was assigned to do. Great managers and co-workers.Hardest part was cooking enough breakfast. And the most enjoyable part was just working there.
Great first job
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
My experience was not too bad with panera. However room to advance and scheduling was a huge conflict . Not very friendly management and lazy co-workers.
Pros
easy and fast enviroment
Cons
very low pay
I love every part of my job.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoy all of my guest and associates. Everyday is a new day in the restaurant business and I enjoy that. I love organizing my kitchen. Ordering the product and the whole challenge of running a business.
Overwhelming
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
I usually served food and closed the line everyday. The restaurant was poorly managed and I did not enjoy working with some of the people. Many of my coworkers were lazy or would not show up, leaving the rest of us to do everything for them. We had four managers for only about 15 employees, and most of them were very harsh and overcritical. I was always scheduled too many hours, sometimes twice the hours i asked for. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when I would get off at nights, because depending on who else I worked with, it could be anywhere from 9:30-11:30. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the bread and the pastries.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Poor management, understaffed
Great place to work and eat
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 9, 2017
Panera Bread is a great place to dine, but an even greater place to work. The staff is great, and it causes you make friends with people of different back ground than you. The customers are great too.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Fast pass environment at times, great people to work with, customers are friendly and most feel like family. I've learned great customer service skills. Management is great. Several managers so you can always find one when you need to. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude when you get an occasional difficult customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is in the morning when the regular customer's come in and ask how I'm doing. They truly care and I care about them.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
At times better communication
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAFebruary 9, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company and find it to be a very good company to work for. The teams for the most part are very friendly and hard working.
I loved Panera
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Panera was a great starter job. There is not much room to advance in the company. Its really depends on who likes you. But with this company if you do things right and by the book it will not go unnoticed
Panera
Customer service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2017
They expect a lot from employees without much in return. I worked there for over 2 years and could not get a raise and advancement in my position even though expressed this need. Had me training new employees even though I was not considered a trainer
Productive Fun work Place
Nutrition Coordinator, Quality Assurance, Temp (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work. Constantly moving and you get exposure to a lot of different departments.It was a joy to work here if you get a chance. CEO is very involved in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.