Panera Bread
1,612 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

My experience
Cashier (Former Employee), North walesJuly 23, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: healthcare, benefits, management, pay
I would come dressed in my uniform, clock in get my register and count it to make sure i started with $200 dollars. Then ring in customers orders. If they ordered pastries, bagels or barista drinks I would get it for them. When there was any down time I would do some necessary cleaning up. I learned how to improve customer service and keeping customers – more... happy. My co workers were easy to get along, I grew very close to a lot of them. The hardest part of the job was during our big lunch and dinner rushes. Maintaining a fast speed and making sure everything was accurate. The most enjoyable part was communicating with nice customers. I got to know reoccurring customers on a personal level. – less
Decent place to work
Associate (Former Employee), sterling heights, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun, fast pace
Cons: general manager was rude
I enjoyed Panera a lot at first but started disliking it after awhile. I had one manager in particular that picked on me and was very nasty, she was sent to a different location not long after. The general manager is cold and mean. The company in general though is a fun one to work for. It was my favorite food chain to work for.
Loved the place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free soda, and discounted meals
Cons: none really
It was a really great place to work. I loved management, and my customers
Typical
Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2014
I did not like it, I applied for cashier and ended up cooking food. While other people started out on the cashier like I applied to do.
Standard and pleasurable work environment
Baker (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 21, 2014
During a typical night at work I would be required to prepare dough and sweets for the proofing and baking process and well as top, ice, and arrange everything for the next day. I learned excellent time management skills as well as working well with a partner on a series of tasks. My co-workers are all dependable and likeable people who helped to train – more... me accurately and in a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in to work the next night and seeing the previous nights work on display for the world to see. – less
Great people and fun work environment
Assistant manager/Food cost coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 20, 2014
Panera has been great, I am just looking for something new. Besides the long hours, Panera treats their employees very well.
good job
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Hillcrest, CAJuly 20, 2014
fun place to work, good times good food. catering department was the best at the time.
great way to learn new things and good place to work if you are fast
Line-Duty (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great food, great co workers, always meeting new people
Cons: very busy, need super fast paced, quick memorization
Always busy. My hours were during lunch time and it was so busy. There were times where they would have to bump (delete) a ticket so others could come and see what to make next, then I would get frustrated since I was new and still didn't learn everything to the fullest. I learned many things throughout that time working with them. Making sandwiches – more... with a style and not just plain. Making different kinds of salads and paninis. my co-workers were great and always helped me when I needed help..
Hardest part was lunch time like always , and not knowing everything and just struggling
Most enjoyable was getting discount during the days I work – less
Easy job where I can be outgoing
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: 50 % off food
Cons: management
Lots of cleaning
Learned how to be patient
Management is pretty terrible. Usually most managers won't help if there's a line to the door or they don't actually look at your availability sheet when they schedule you.
Hardest thing is dealing with people when we run out of bread (yes it happens A LOT)
co workers are great but beware some like to start – more... rumors
its a pretty easy job – less
awful
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), North CarolinaJuly 17, 2014
Overworked a 16 year old girl. Horrible rude managers.I had shifts from 5.00am to almost 5:00pm with school the next day. Coworkers laughed at me for being a Christian and attending church. Often Chastised by managers.
Fun work environment with beneficial growth opportunities
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 17, 2014
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. There is a lot to learn and a lot of great people to work with. My experience working for Panera has only been positive and I would recommend this company to fellow job seekers.
The Job Culture is nice
Crew (Current Employee), Knoxville, TnJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the people; co-workers, managers, and customers
Cons: do not offer full time employment
I enjoy working at Panera Bread. The company cares a lot about the community and do a great job helping people. My co-workers are great, we get along well and have created a family relationship. My favorite part are the challenges that come with working at a customer driven business.
great place
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: awesome discount.
friendly, fun, fast paced. management is awesome, always working as a team
Productive workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 16, 2014
I really miss the food here it was such a great atmosphere to be in with lots of the same faces and daily routines.
Fast paced environment, great staff.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, great staff and managment
Open and closing of bakery café, training of new managers and employees, deployment of staff, monetary deposits, prepping, preparing and storing of foods, customer service, ordering supplies.
typical work day
ASSOCIATE TRAINER & CATERING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 15, 2014
Pros: discount product
Cons: difficult customers
At Panera a typical work day includes making fresh coffee, taking customer calls for phone in orders, catering orders, making orders, delivering orders if needed, making customer care calls, maintaining an accurate money count in drawer, training new associates, directing associates in duties that need to be completed during the day, giving an excellent – more... customer service experience. the hardest part of my job is keeping not only associates happy and ready to work well but giving customers an excellent experience at Panera. – less
good job for highschool students
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: food is awesome
Cons: the staff is rather cliquish
job consists of ringing people out and/or creating the meals.
Fun job to learn
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Palm Beach GardensJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
It was a very demanding job but I like the extra push and the experiences that I gained.
Typical customer service
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on food items
Cons: no fixed schedule
Overall, the people are really good to work with. Love my co-workers. Everyone one pitches in and helps. Management is okay. Of course there's dealing with rude customers sometimes.
Fun workplace and productive
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Brookline, MAJuly 15, 2014
An amazing place to better yourself, and build your career.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more