Panera Bread
2,398 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Where bread brings everyone together
Manager (Current Employee), Redlands, CAJune 17, 2015
As a manager at Panera Bread, I have learned how to manage a cafe in ways that would help the customers needs and in result gain profit for the company. I am part of a a team called The Pro Team and I am in charge of opening brand new cafes in our district. We bring the cafe to life and train the associates with the tools they need to succeed and provide them with warmth and integrity to carry them on once we leave. I also travel to each cafe to ensure all standards are being followed and provide a helping hand if needed. Panera has helped me grow tremendously, not only as a manager, but as a person too. Panera stands for bringing a family together, while providing a welcoming atmosphere to their employees.
Great job for students.
Cashier, Barista and dining room attendant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted food!
Cons: Sundays..
Panera is a nice place to work, especially as a young person. It instills a good work ethic and ability to work well with others.
Restaurant / Hospitality
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Cashiering, customer service, cleaning, stocking, barista, line cook, janitorial work, dishwasher, prep, displaying bakery items.
Fun Environment
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 17, 2015
Fun environment with co-workers, management is very kind and understanding. Making sure customers have a great experience is the most enjoyable part of the job.
I loved
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: managers receiv free lunches and employees receive 65 percent off anything in the store.
Cons: none
I loved working for Panera because they take pride in provide the best customer service. Panera also uses fresh quality ingredients in their food. Panera really cares about their employees and shows it on a daily basis. All of my co workers and managers were really easy to get along with and appreciate your hard work by issuing inside promotion and bonuses.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Crew Member (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILJune 16, 2015
Great place to work as a high school student. Very fast paced environment, pay is not the best could be better especially for all the work they require you to do.
Very Welcoming
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYJune 16, 2015
Panera Bread truly does follow its number one rule...NO JERKS! They care about their employees and offer very flexible hours, especially for students.
associate trainer
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 16, 2015
Typically my job included training new employees and helping the customers. On a daily basis I would prep food and prepare for the lunch rush and assist my manager with anything they needed help with.
A stimulating environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great products and staff
Cons: Limited on advancements
Great training in different areas helped with customer service experiences. Encouragement from management helped with advancing in different areas like becoming a "Team Leader".
career at job pay
baker (Current Employee), Columbus/Dayton Area.June 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: healthcare, no room to grow
Panera is a fun place to work! All the people are really nice they just don't want to pay you for how hard they want you to work. No pay scale for positions just the lowest amount they can get away with and no negotiation, No consistency in labor relations it seems that if you work hard and are there every day they squeeze more out of you and if you are not a consistent employee and call in all the time you get promoted.
No recognition for attendance or punctuality.
Inconsistent treatment of co-workers to encourage jealousy... late bake completing, nepotism, order cancellations, attendance, write ups, not handled the same for all employees.
Productive Environment & Great Co-Workers
Associate (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJune 16, 2015
Very busy environment, but everyone works hard and keeps the atmosphere upbeat. Your co-workers definitely help get you through the long and busy days.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough pay
Great job to work at. Very easy to balance life with this job. Also great management and very great co-workers. Good first job.
Fast paced and quality food
Food Server (Former Employee), Cottleville, MOJune 15, 2015
Work consisted of prepping food and working at a fast pace to meet customer needs. Took trash out when needed, help out managers to keep the store clean
very competitive place to work
Cashier / Bakery (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 15, 2015
I had to be there by 4 am to set up the bakery; there was no one else there that early so I could not call out if I had a emergency and could not come into work
Great management, and enriching job oppurtunities
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Salem, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, Personable Managers
Cons: Customer entitlment
I started as a cashier, and moved to associate trainer, and then line work. I love that I can continue to grow in the company.
Easy and understandable tasks, yet management could take advantage of your nobility.
Cashier (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of checking for accuracy product labels, display all merchandise in it's correct place. I learned how to deal with different types of customers varying from content, to those who just love giving employees a hard time. to be completely honest, managers and co-workers can start off by being nice to you, only to fin out later they may take advantage of your work effort. They can be understanding at times, you just gotta make sure you don't trust them with your personal issues. You try really hard to get your information out of you. The hardest part of the job is having to learn something on your own because managers on co-workers may lack teaching skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's a busy day. You are kept busy with taking more product out, satisfying your customers, and the adrenaline you get when the line in outside the door.
Fun and very welcoming job expieriences
Cashier (Current Employee), Pasadena, MDJune 13, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
A typical day at work would be ringing in customers orders to their requests, periodically cleaning to keep areas sanitized, and stocking supplies so that they are ready to be used when needed. Working at Panera I've learned a lot about respect and owning up to your own mistakes and taking responsibility for things. I love my management, we all get along pretty well, I feel as though our management has a very family like bond with us as employees but when the managerial roles needs to take place it definitely occurs. I get along with all my co-workers, we all treat each other with respect and we all help each other when needed. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I'm really close with all the people I work with and they always make me smile no matter what.
Not a transparent company
Manager (Former Employee), FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: Hiring and developing new young talent
Cons: Not a transparent environment, work hours, pay, bad working atmosphere.
This Company is not transparent. You work more hours than promised 55 + hours. No environment for growth. There are other issues that I cannot discuss on this forum. Overall, this company hides behind there motto of no jerks allowed, but the company is being run by jerks. Do not waste you time or career on them.
Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: 65% discount, flexible hours
Cons: tedious, mean customer, can get tiring
I've been working for Panera since November of 2013. I transferred across the country when I moved and it was a very easy process. Schedule is very flexible. The scheduling manager really does try to make everyone happy. I love the people I work with. The job can get tedious but the people are what get you through the day. Customers can be mean, but that's any customer service job. Advancement is encouraged. Half of both the managing teams I worked with started out as associates and I have watched at least 10 people move up the ladder. I highly recommend it to high school and college kids. They work with school schedules very well!
Lacked Ablility to voice Concerns
Manager (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Growth
Cons: Structure of company
Responsible for opening and scheduling team members
Setting par levels for based on sales volume
Overall good standing with co-works respected
Loved the brand culture portion about feeding the hungry
Communications with Peers

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries