Panera Bread
2,246 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Panera bread was a great place to work. nice coworkers. it was fun learning about our new food items and trying them out before we sell it to the customers
If hired, look for another job immediately
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAApril 24, 2015
Management didn't seem like they wanted to be there, inconsistent training, some employees didn't have uniforms. It seems very disorganized
productive enviroment
Dining and Production (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: short lunches
Management were nice and managed the store well employees were joy to be around. the most enjoyable part of a work day would have been interacting with the customers and being able to provide the with 100 percent customer service.
Learning experience
Catering assistant (Former Employee), floridaApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great enviorment
Cons: schedule
I started in the bakery and moved to opening the bakery. I did that for a while and enjoyed it. I moved up and worked on the line making the food. I didn't like that as much because I missed speaking to the customers. I eventually work my way to a position in catering. Catering was a blast I loved going out and meeting new people when I would deliver to companies. I got to meet all types of people from CEO's of large companies, doctors, teachers and just ordinary people. You may ask why I left if I enjoyed it so much, with catering people place orders all the time so my schedule was always changing. I would have to text my boss every evening to see what time I worked the next day. I could only do that for so long.
overall
Assistant store Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch ones a day
Cons: no breaks on your shifts benefits are poor
benefits have changed and working hours have been extended to long night hour with out compensation.
I have learned to be a productive manager to know how to get associates in there work positions.
Our customer demand the best from as and we have to meet there needs that's been my day to day mission.
Fast Casual Dining
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), La Canada Flintridge, CAApril 23, 2015
Panera Bread has a great customer following. Best part of the job is the regulars that come in and satisfying new and old customers everyday. Panera changes quite frequently to keep up with new customer needs and wants.
For a minimum wage job, its a great company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: minimal benefits
I have worked for Panera bread for eight years. While the job itself is extremely easy there are times that you will experience as rough passage. The benefits are minimal as it is a minimum wage company. However, you can advance yourself across the career lattice if you have a desire.
Fun place to work. Kept me very busy.
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Ridge, VAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Wonderful people. Always learned something new.
Cons: Didn't always get a break. We still had to pay for our break food.
Co-workers and managers were great! They always taught me something new. I enjoyed the daily costumers that remembered my name. It was a very good work experience.
Great, Fun, and Hardwoking place of employment
Cashier, Food Preparation, and Waiter (Former Employee), South Holland, ILApril 23, 2015
A typical day working at Panera Bread will involve me giving out good customer service to great daily customers, and make sure they are receiving full Panera Bread experience.
Fun place to work, good people to work with and very supportive.
Associate (Current Employee), Elk River, MNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, good food discount.
Cons: Low pay.
I cashier and get to meet a variety of people. The day starts with setting up the bakery getting the baked goods set up in appealing manner. Then I greet the customers take their orders, and if need be get their food and beverages for them. I also help with our vast menu and help people decide what they want by describing items and their ingrediants. The management is very supportive and flexible. My coworkers are a varity of ages and we get along well, helping and supporting one another. The hardest part of my job is the pay which is not very high and hard to manage. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to talk with the customers.
Excellent workplace with great management
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Easley, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, great people
Cons: N/A
I absolutely love working at Panera Bread. Everyone works together with little to no problems. The management is absolutely fabulous. They take initiative and go out to talk to the customes; check up on them and make sure everything is okay. My co-workers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part is probably the fact that it is not in the line of business that I am going to school for (animal science). The most enjoyable part about working there is the people that I work with and our regular customers that make my day. I love my Panera Bread family.
Well managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk RiverApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Staff and Management
Cons: Not enough compensation for work
I enjoyed my work at Panera, I successfully cash handled, took orders, served food and beverages, and trained in new employees.
long hours 10 to 14 with no breaks
Baker (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no breaks on 10 to 14 hour shift
good pay but long hours. Typical day is10 plus hours on your feet with no breaks..Great benefits package. Enjoyed the people there!
Hard work pays off
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Lack of communication between management
This kind of customer service taught me excellent multi-tasking skills and different ways of leadership. I took notice that I thrived in a fast paced environment.
Productive and fun
Cashier Handling (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 22, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off lunches
Cons: Short breaks
I loved everything about this job. My co-workers were a family and we always made sure one another was okay and if they needed help we would help them. My management team was also awesome. They saw that I was hardworking and offered me a training position after a month. The only hard part of my job was that I had to clean the bathrooms. I did not mind at all though.
Great Place to work for, Employers can be make mistakes from time to time
Trainer/Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Great place to work as a part-time job. Employees are friendly and helpful. Employers can be difficult and not supporting sometimes.
Great first job
Cashier and Barista Associate (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Half off meals on lunch breaks
Cons: irresponsible management
Naturally a job in food service is a great first job. It doesn't require too much experience and is a great way to learn about the working world. However the managers at this particular Panera seemed to not take responsibility for all of their actions. I had put my availability as unavailable for Saturdays as I was teaching dance classes that day. If I was ever scheduled that day and told the manager I couldn't work on a Saturday they told me to find coverage or I would be written up for not coming to work. If I had stated my availability, why is it my responsibility to fix their mistake? And why is it my fault if I had told them that I couldn't be there from the beginning? Managers aside, the job was good. Fast paced and never boring. There is always something to do which makes the day go faster.
fun place to work
Restaurant worker (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 20, 2015
everyday working there was fun, with all the customers and co-workers, it was very easy for the work day to go by. management was easy to work with and food was great/
Work place
Prep/ sandwish/ salad cook (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, free nread and cookies at the end of the night
Cons: Poor communication, had to pay for lunch
Fun place to work, love the employees that I worked with when I was there. Some of the management does not help out. The catering lady need to find her own team to help out with her stuff, because she put us behind every time.
Too few employees
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Sunset Hills, MOApril 20, 2015
Pros: bagels for breakfast
Cons: no breaks except a half hour lunch and high stress environment
Panera has too few employees in its support center to handle the call volume it receives. The work environment and morale have gone down significantly, and there have been many times where agents aren't allowed to go to the bathroom when necessary because of the high call volume and calls in queue. The management does not seem to care about their employees at all, just get those calls answered, and they haven't hired enough people to handle these calls. People should be able to go to the bathroom when they need to without asking and being made to wait until they can barely hold it.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries