Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 4,729 reviews matching the search
Great place for a first or second job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Usually you start off your day with opening up the bakery and getting everything ready for opening breakfast. Usually the store is pretty busy at breakfast, but that varies by location.After breakfast you have a brief period to clean the dining room being that it is the cashier, and dish person's job to maintain the dining room mess. As the lunch rush comes be ready to mess up, it happens. Learn from your mistakes and you will get better as time moves on. After lunch but before dinner, the dish person maintains the dining room usually, leaving you to do other tasks in your stations, or help in other stations. This is also a great time to complete your daily chores assigned to each specific person. As dinner rush comes be ready to help in different departments.
Fun and friendly with wonderful managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 13, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work. I had an early morning shift and the manager was always there and always cheerful even at six in the morning. The managers and senior employees were so helpful and always willing to help me learn my responsibilities. It was a very friendly and customer service oriented workplace. I truly loved the workplace and I enjoyed going to work every day.
Panera
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Ok place to work if you don't like a home life, training was ok learned more by just doing it, food is very good but not everything is as healthy as you would think
Pros
good food
Cons
no time for self
Amazing
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 13, 2017
An amazing place to work. Its the most enjoyable place to work. Very clean and friendly work environment.
Would recommend others to come and get the Panera experience.
fun workplace good co-workers
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Panera Bread was a good job. But, i didn't get many hours and i think it was just a season job. They have a clean work environment and work good with their customers.
enjoyable and peaceful working environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 12, 2017
I love Panera bread too much. It respects its employees. The managers has good ethical behavior. You can adjust your schedule based up on your class or any other activity you may have.
A few dollars.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Working here was alright as I can say I wish I made more money but can claim that I was able to get to college with 3000$ after working over 40hours per week for 4 months.
Bad pay, terrible managers
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 12, 2017
There is a reason why this place has open interviews! Warning right there! Terrible hours, terrible managers that treat you like you are nothing. Do not work here
Pros
half lunches only when youre working
Cons
This jon is a con itself
Very People Friendly, Efficient place to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
While working at Panera, I managed to make close ties with fellow employees, the schedule was flexible, hardest part was having to do group work by myself.
Great co-workers.
Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 12, 2017
The job was close to my house and I was able to meet some new friends while I worked there. I didn't really see myself going anywhere with the company so I found something else that paid better.
decent place overall
Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2017
decent place overall to work. there is growth potential if your willing to move. i would stay below a gm level or you are pretty much going to live there to get the job done.
Great Work Environment
Back Of House Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2017
The hardest part about working at Panera was learning stricter work ethics then I was used to at previous restaurants I have worked at. The management there cares about their customers and the employees that work there. They're advocates of clean food and employee benefits. I love working at Panera because the management lets you have opportunities learning different positions throughout the cafe. The funnest part of working there is getting used to what's expected and being able to provide more.
Pros
Free Lunches, Position Opportunities, Co-workers
Cons
Scheduling, Hours, Days Off
Lots of work, but pays off in the end
Certified Baker (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 11, 2017
This is a great job, but very difficult. Not that the tasks themselves are difficult, but working overnight can be very exhausting. lifting all of the screens, pans, and boxes from the freezer can put a lot of strain on you, but overall it is very enjoyable and pleasant to work there. The people are kind and very generous and forgiving of mistakes. I would recommend it anyone, with a side of caution of how difficult the job as a whole is.
Pros
"free" manager meals, and can take home left over bread/sweets
Cons
long hours, sleeping in the day
great Work place for Student
Associate Trainer/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Enjoy and relax I always enjoy meet new people,Management are great to work with. And great Work place for Student and also like good to study area good food
Not a very comfortable work environment.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
My manager is very biased and she has favorites. She would degrade many people and talk down to almost anybody. She would not let you speak unless she was completely right and it felt like it was petty high school drama.
Pros
Many hours clocked in.
Cons
No benefit what so ever.
Productive Place but management could be improved
Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be to clock in and stand at your position and make yourself look busy. I learned how to make food from Panera and take orders really fast. The management need to be improved. Hardest part of the job was getting used to the routines. The most enjoyable part was taking orders.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Long shifts short breaks
Great but demanding first just
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2017
Panera Bread was my first job. It was fun an came interesting to see all the work going into a bakery/cafe. I know the company has grown so much bigger after I left over the years. It was a great and demanding environment. The hardest part is customer service.
ok
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 10, 2017
It is an okay company to work for. Pay is not the best and is more of a high school work place. Great co-workers and flexible schedule; good work environment
Good food and Great workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 10, 2017
Working at Panera bread was fun and also educational. I would come in and I knew what I was assigned to do. Great managers and co-workers.Hardest part was cooking enough breakfast. And the most enjoyable part was just working there.
Great first job
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
My experience was not too bad with panera. However room to advance and scheduling was a huge conflict . Not very friendly management and lazy co-workers.
Pros
easy and fast enviroment
Cons
very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.