Panera Bread
2,065 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Great fast casual spot to work in this industry
Supervisor (Former Employee), Havertown, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Had a great time there. I love how clean mgmt kept the store. Always got about 40 hours. I really cant complain about this company
Very fast paced
associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 65% employee discount
Cons: staff turn over, changing management
I rarely worked when there wasn't a line of customers to the door, it may not seem like it, being located in Wyomissing PA, but I worked for one of the highest customer volume Panera Bread's in the entire country, so most nights I wouldn't get a break. Which made the job hard work.
Got to know and enjoyed working with my coworkers, not a stable work environment, just another overpriced fast food place
sandwich maker, line worker (Former Employee), Killeen , TexasFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: unorganized, management untrained, unclean place to eat and work at
Store was always dirty and uncleaned.there was favoritism from management of certain workers. GM is young and don't really know how to manage a business. No rules were set in place, they were made as management felt like making them. Hours were flexible because if you didn't work you didn't get paid. Hours were cut drastically except for managers favorite friends. Panera Bread is not the place to work if you are a single parent. Hours are not guaranteed, cut hours but management gets bonus while workers suffer to make a decent paycheck.Just another fast food place with bagged products, over priced pre-made foods.
Exhausting
Customer service and BOH (Former Employee), New Milford, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks, underpaid, overworked, bad management, underemployed, no free food benefits even with long shifts
Overworked and underpaid, rude management, rushed, no benefits, not flexible, expectation of career not job, such large crowds and not many employees at hand.
Great place to start off working in the customer service department.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: very flexible with work schedules, understanding.
Cons: management is not very good. cut your hours without notice.
I was an Associate Trainer at Panera Bread, I trained all new employees all the guidelines and all necessary information needed to be successful at Panera Bread. Did this for about 3 and half years, there was not much room for advancement in the workplace.
nothing
Associate (Former Employee), Westchester, ILFebruary 20, 2015
most enjoyable part of the job good employee's food ok sometimes

management nnnnnnnnothe hard job to work what I learn is nothing
Fast, Fun, Flexible
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Woodhaven, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work schedule, food discount
Panera is the perfect job for a student. The work schedule is flexible. The job is fast paced with much opportunity for advancement.
Fast, Fun, Flexible
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Woodhaven, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work schedule, food discount
Productive, fun place to work for all ages
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Palm City, FLFebruary 18, 2015
everything was great working here it was a great company to work for and I will stay with the comapny for a long time they treat employees with respect and such a fun and interesting place to work
harder min wage job..
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Independence, OhioFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits, no vacation pay
Independence Panera Bread is definitely fast pace.. Very busy.. Learned how to have great customer service, speed of service, multitasking, and keeping on your toes.. Most of my co-workers are very friendly, we are like a family.. The hardest part of the job is when there are a ton of guests in line and you are the only one ringing on a register.. Most enjoyable part is you get to learn all different stations and do them when you send co-workers on break..
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ormond/ Daytona BeachFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the friendlyness of most coworkers.
Cons: short or no breaks and no benifits.
At Panere Bread a typical day for me started at 5am and ended at 3pm. You have 1 hour to set the bakery case and have coffee ready by store opening at 6am. It is very fast pace. But I loved the customers most. You get to know them on a personal level.
Lovely company and Great food!
Retail associate (Former Employee), FLFebruary 16, 2015
This is a lovely company to work for. Family owned and quality food. The family is wonderful and upbeat. Will give you all the hours you ask for.
Great work environment
Prep (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: discount up to $10
Cons: no benefits
Prep produce and meats for daily use. Then i go to the production line to put together orders. Management helps out when needed. Co-workers communicate really well with one another. The hardest part is when we are short staffed and are slammed for lunch rush. I really enjoy my co-workers and the management
Attentive & Friendly Atmosphere from Both Perspectives
Associate Trainer- All Areas (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: listed in review
Cons: listed in review
Panera Breads atmosphere speaks for its image of the warm and welcoming cafe its been brought up to be. The employees and management keep their attentive, sincere and friendly attitude no matter what situation they are put in. All co-workers give their customers that close welcoming vibe that allows each customer that regularly enters the reason to call the cafe "My Panera". For the most part all jobs have their "pros and cons", but to pin-point on each subject of the good and the bad are listed in the following:

Good:
Cafe Hospitality from Both Perspectives (On & Off the Clock)U
Speedy/ Accurate Initiative from Each Member
Diverse Personalities
Positive Attitudes
Understanding of Flexibility

Bad:
Occasional Rude Customers
Order Mishap
Miscommunications (Both Perspectives)
Call-in Mishap

Overall I have loved the experience with the company; Learning how to handle customer concerns and complaints, proper sense of urgency, prioritizing, better initiative and leadership related skills.
Panera Bakery
Bakery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 15, 2015
I learned how to set up the bakery area, how to slice bread properly according to panera standards. I learned a lot of about food prep and food safety, etc...
Fast enviroment.
Associate Trainer, Panera Bread, Webster, NY (Current Employee), WebsterFebruary 14, 2015
Good place to start and develop. Enjoyed establishing relationships the best at the workplace with customer. Most of my co-workers were very motivated and work hard.
Great first job
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount, take home leftover pastries after close, free drinks during shift
Cons: hours not flexible, under appreciated
This was a great place for me to have my first job. At first, I really enjoyed it. However, as management took drastic changes and our employees were almost all new, it was difficult to get things done. I also felt very under appreciated, since I knew what I was doing and it went without notice,
Would never work here again
Cashier and Line Production (Former Employee), Marlton, NJFebruary 14, 2015
It was an easy summer job but management and coworkers were very unorganized and immature. It is not something I would ever go back to.
Calm Environment
Barista (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Working at Panera Bread you can always expect to come into work with smiles on every employees face. The over all environment is relaxing, easy pace, and calming. Having a fire place in the cafe along with music and out door dining makes the place enjoyable. Daily returning customers are always a plus and building connection with them makes working feel less like work. Management and co-workers all got along easy.
Panera Life
Hourly Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bluffton, South CarolinaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free beverages, short discounts, etc
Cons: low pay
Panera Bread is a great place to interact with all customers and co-workers. With customers you help them by giving them great customer service and as co-workers we help each other whenever we need a hand.
Working at Panera Bread can be quite a bit challenging with most things such as rush hours. In able to survive in rush hours you must be able to multi-task, move quickly but in a calm and safety matter. The main part in working at Panera is to always be cautious to what your customer orders and getting their orders right.
Panera bread is all about interacting with customers, Helping one another, and make our customer feel welcomed.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries