Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Needs new management
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 7, 2017
I think this would be a nice place to work if a change of management occurred and the people applying for jobs and are promised certain positions that this employer would stick with their word.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, rude management
Terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL 32541December 7, 2017
Managers are very rude and the GM is very lazy in terms of helping. Rarely would see her while working as she would always be in the office, even if there was a line to the door and only one cashier and one line associate. She did seem to care for the employees personally but would not help when needed. The job was difficult and stressful, especially in the dining room. Too much for one person to effectively handle during peak hours as dishes would pile up, tables would forever be dirty and teas would run out very quickly and customers were very rude and demanding. Management would not help but rather would scold you for not being quick enough.
great work place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 7, 2017
prep was stressful bc of long hours and early mornings, but i loved it. Staff was great. Almost like family, everyone got along. If i had the chance to work there again i would
Pure Chaos
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 7, 2017
Due to the fact that the majority of the employees are either high school students or young college students, the work environment was not professional at all. Management did not like to listen to employees. Management did not take the employees seriously, probably because of the average young age of them. In addition, scheduling was very inconsistent, making it nearly impossible to try to budget.

Management also is not on top of promotions/pay increases. There are many empty promises. There is the option to promote hourly associates to trainers. However, I waited nearly 1 year to be promoted to trainer after the initial offer. Throughout that year, no scheduling to assist me in obtaining the trainer title were presented.
Pros
Nice food discount, occasional free pastries
Cons
Deplorable management, inconsistent hours, many empty promises.
fast pace workplace with good culture
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Panera and even made some friends there. I would absolutely recommend people to come work there. The management is great and everyone gets along. The hardest part of the job is closing. And the most enjoyable is smelling the fresh bread and cookies.
Pros
good hours
Cons
scheduled every Saturday and Sunday
Rewarding yet challenging
Restaurant Catering Coordinator Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 7, 2017
There are pros and cons with this company.
Of course, with determination, you can advance but only as the discretion of the companies time.
GO findout
This place was extremely bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hickory North CarolinaDecember 7, 2017
In my opinion I have nothing good to say about this place everything about it was extremely bad I I just don't have nothing else on nothing good to say about Panera
Good
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PADecember 7, 2017
It was a nice place to work. Busy but fun most of the time. The people were very nice. At times it seemed like a little much for just two people to do during one shift.
Pros
Free Meals, Fun, Health Insurance, Nice People
Cons
Sometimes no Breaks. Too much to do for two people during one shift
its okay
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJDecember 7, 2017
panera bread is an okay place to work but i couldn't see that being a job for more than a few months. one of the managers is very rude and loud. the associate are all pretty cool.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
you never leave when your shift ends
Not a good work/life balance, poor pay rates
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2017
They do not pay well for the amount of hours worked. Great management, just not the best at taking care of their people. Do not get breaks as a manager even for a 16 hour day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor pay rates

Want to know more about Panera Bread?

Ask a question
Fun environment, Nice atmosphere. But not a place to stay
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbush, NYDecember 6, 2017
It's a good place to get started, but not a place to settle down in, there's 6 managers always down your throat whether you're doing good or not, there were a few managers that are actually humble and good hearted human beings, never gave me health benefits when i started like they were suppose to, no 401k, no PTO
Pros
Free lunch every shift, that requires a break. Friendly environment
Cons
No 401k, no health insurance no benefits, no raise careless at times vary mean managers
workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 6, 2017
Working in a fast paced college town restaurant was stressful at times but you learned to be quick on your feet and manage time wisely. Most managers were helpful in situations, wit food safety concerns, etc
Fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Always moving, good manegement. There was always something to do. Never stand around. I would go back and forth from the dinning room to the back and load dishes as well as maintain the flow of the restaurant by keeping up with stock, making coffee, and making tea.
Fast Paced Friendly Environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 6, 2017
I would arrive at Panera and make an effort to create a stable and progressive environment for both the store itself, the people I worked with, and the customers who came in. I enjoyed working with the people I would see on a day to day basis. The work load was never too much to interfere with my home life and would give me paid time off after one year of service.
A typical day at panera bread
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 6, 2017
You go in speak to all the other associates put you apron on clock in and get to work or look at deployment which is where you would be at for the day or night. The management is good all the way up to on person. the workplace is very clean and efficient. the hardest part is honestly nothing and the most enjoyable part are the associates they always have positive attitudes and have very good work ethics
Pros
the associates
Cons
management
Job experience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2017
It’s okay, only for people who are outgoing and willing to get along with everybody. There’s always something to do. There’s no fryer. The management is all over the place. But the managers are cool though. We fixed hundreds of salads, soups and sandwiches a day. The work culture isn’t bad unless you get frustrated by a rush. I love that it’s a easy job to do.
Pros
65% off meals, get to take items home
Cons
Poor management, always on feet
Relaxed fun place to waste your time
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GADecember 5, 2017
Not a permanent career path....It's fun but no normal adult would want to work there for a long period of time. It's more for kids and college age. Would be a great first job...
Pros
fun
Cons
slow advancement
Really Great Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 5, 2017
It is the only place I have worked but I really enjoyed working there. When I had to leave the job due to scheduling conflicts, I felt quite sad because it was an enjoyable place to work full of new experiences, kind people, and the management was both understanding and great.
Pros
food discount when working, great coworkers, supportive management
Cons
rude customers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 5, 2017
Huge management issues. Don't know what they are doing and nothing is ever the same answer. They lie about everything from the pay to the schedule. Advice is stay away.
Pros
Charity
Cons
Inconsistent
Great place to work!
Panera Bread_ Baker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2017
I actually enjoyed working at Panera Bread. I worked the over night shift and with one other person only. I enjoyed working with the majority of my night partners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.