Panera Bread
1,668 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
good food, fast paced, excellent customer service. Good place for a person to gain restaurant experience.
good fresh products
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), fort gratiot, miAugust 8, 2014
I have enjoyed my experience working for this company. Company uses fresh products like baking breads every night and donating the leftovers. It is fun working with both management staff as well as associates.
A good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 8, 2014
Pros: young franchise with advancement opportunities
Cons: nights and weekends
I was young and the franchise was young. As an assistant there were a lot of night and weekend hours. The benefits were decent. My personal status changed in my 3rd year with the company and I decided to choose to stay home with my daughter who was 13 and being home schooled due to health reasons. When I look back at this job in particular I see that – more... there were a lot of lessons to be learned. However, given my home situation I stand by my decision to stay at home. – less
Good pay, fast pace, EARLY mornings
Customer Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2014
I worked the opening shift at panera, usually 5:00 AM til 2:00 PM. Getting up that early is difficult, and providing friendly, patient service that early is even more difficult, but rewarding if you stick with it long enough. I was well compensated for my time, which helped a great deal. The management at my store was very well trained and patient.
Worked with fun people
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 6, 2014
Helping guests, trying new foods, meeting all kinds of people.
Learned about customer services, making foods.
Enjoyed the free drinks.
A stepping stone job with lots of great learning experiences
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at Panera Bread would be busy rush throughout most of the breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours. I learned many safety regulations and became a cleaning expertise. Management plays a large role in your typical day whether it is counting down a drawer or helping you fill and complete orders at the food line. Co-workers are some of the greatest – more... aspects of Panera Bread, as they are your friends, and also your greatest aid when it becomes busy. The hardest part of the job is having the deal with an irate customer when the line is out the door, it becomes everyones problem when the line is being held up, as we have speed of service goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of ending your day serving happy customers and meeting expectations of your Co-workers and the management team. – less
it was an okay environment
Crew member (Former Employee), boson ,ma 02127August 6, 2014
wasn't too excited about this job, the employees were great, the mangers weren't the best managers.
Alot of Learning
Cashier (Current Employee), Carle Place, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: half priced food, fun co-workers
Cons: minimum wage
Good place to work in. Friendly co-workers, a lot of support if you're just starting. Overall good place and GREAT food.
Ok Workplace. a nice highschool job
Associate Chef, Crew Manager (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: poor hours at times
this job is more suitable for people that is just starting to get in the work field, it is not a career job
good
Barista (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 3, 2014
Great place to work. Managers were great and the company was wonderful
too much to take in at start
Overnight Baker (Current Employee), Stow, OHAugust 3, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: pay
this job used to be good from what I've been told. when you first start out, you have to learn how to do about 30 things in order and how to do them within a time frame to help out the other baker and the pay is crud. you start out at 10 an hour and will not move up until a year and a half and the raise will be 15 cents or less. plus this company only – more... hires good looking and healthy looking people for the day shift and will hire ugly people like me for the night shift so the customers will not see us. – less
Warm & welcoming company to work for!
Cashier / Barista (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: comfortable hours, discount, friendly co workers, inviting environment
Cons: nothing negative to say!
Absolutely loved working for this company! I loved the constant fast paced environment and just the good energy this company brings as soon as you step in the door. I enjoyed having regular costumers and forming a bond with them to the point where I already knew what they wanted to order.
I would love to work for Panera Bread again. I unfortunately – more... had to suddenly move back home to California so I couldn't get a transfer, but this was an awesome place to work for & would love to work there again! – less
No Advancement
Baker- I (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: pay, management
They was not much advancement opportunities, the management were not helpful and did not care about there employees. There was also a lot of work for not much compensation.
worst part time job
Cashier/Busser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2014
Cons: horrible management
Management doesn't care about their employees. The work was simple, but a new GM came in and fired several people without a warning or reason.
Awsome place to work
Baker (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and supper while working
Cons: they do not have a day time baking hours
 Prepared Bread, Rolls, Muffins and other Pastries in high quantities.
 Measured fillings for pastries and other bread products using a variety of scoops based
on colors.
 Used uniformed portioning to cut dough and scoring breads and baguettes using
knives and other methods.
 Placed pre-portioned dough into greased pans
 Followed organized methods – more... in accordance to company guidelines in preparing
product goods
 Applied toppings such as frosting, cinnamon sugar, poppy seeds, sesame seeds,
cheeses and a variety of others as required by recipes.
 Placed pans on proof box to rise by racks full.
 Adjust drafts or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperature.
 Removed baked goods from oven.
 Placed goods on cooling racks.
 Baked cookies and decorated them.
 Operated dishwasher.
 Kept work environment in accordance to OSHA standards. – less
Taking out the trash
Customer Service (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: paying 1/2 for lunch
Cons: not long enout of a lunch break
•A typical day at work- Cutting the bread putting the food out for display. Cashing out
•what you learned- how to make a sandwich
•management- always busy never time to talk to them
•your co-workers- They are all funny, loved coming in and fooling around
•the hardest part of the job- taking out the trash when it’s over 50 lbs
•the most enjoyable part – more... of the job- giving the food to the churches at the end of the night – less
Amazing job
Associate (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 30, 2014
Excellent employee recognition.Opening the cafe line became second hand to me I could do it with my eyes closed.We have a quarterly function called a bread bash where you become knowledgable of the new seasonal items coming on so your in the know as far as product goes.
Fun environment
Team Member (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: sometimes we have to miss lunch or dinner breaks
The job was not hard but the work at times was. There were times we had a ball while working.
productive,team players,organized
Head Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2014
Pros: insurance, meal discount, raises
Cons: fast paced
I arrived at work at 5am set up bakery case ,counted my drawer down ,filled all catering orders, sliced all breads.
Very fast enviornment. always busy.
Cashier, money handling, barista, bakery opener (Former Employee), Ocala FlJuly 30, 2014
i learned so much from this job and manager. learned that there is always something to do everywhere. stay busy and keep customers happy. i miss working here as well. although the wages should be higher.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more