Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 2,933 reviews matching the search
Bright and comfortable environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 5, 2016
While working at Panera Bread i have developed positive relationships with my management team and co-workers. I enjoy working with them day in and day out. They have taught me much about the expectations of their company as well as enforced expectations of their own in a relaxed manor. I have worked in several areas of Panera Bread; cashier, barista backer, food preparation, as well as back of house. I believe each job at Panera is difficult in its own way and takes employees who care about their job enough to put forward extra effort to uphold Panera standards in customer relations and quality assurance. Overall I have and still am enjoying my experience at Panera, but I know it is time for me to start working towards gaining experience in fields more related to my future career plans for after graduation. After all, I have over 40 credits in my major, Business Administration at Rockingham Community College and I transferring to University of North Carolina Greensboro, to continue my education and obtain a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration.
Pros
Great work environment, extraordinary team members and managment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, low compensation
Fun and Enjoyable Workplace
Cashier Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 5, 2016
Panera is a great place to work if you are a student or have another job. They will work around any schedule. Only problem is the management, they are so unorganized and unprofessional. As people outside of work, they are great but as managers, no.
Pros
60% of food, flexible scheduling, great people!
Cons
Inapropriate and immature work environment
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
The Panera I had worked at was staffed mainly by high schoolers, who didn't understand how a work environment was different to that of school. However, along with the hourly staff, the managers had a tendency to act childish and crude. There were crude and rude joke thrown around at any second, the managers would yell at their friends or significant others on the phone during work hours rather than taking care of their responsibilities, there was little sense of urgency for the costumer or organization. Overall, it was an unpleasant and immature place, thus my leaving.

Despite not having the best sort of coworkers, I did learn a great deal in keeping myself organized and taking the lead to make sure things got done properly. Time management and efficiency were key components in making sure my area was closed properly and in a timely fashion. Those skills would later bleed through into my time working as a line associate, where time management, initiative, and a calm head came first and foremost. Despite having to leave Panera due to unsavory coworkers and managers, I did leave with many new skills and knowledge.
Pros
50% discount, friendly costumers, healthy food
Cons
Enviornments, coworkers, management
Productive & Customer Oriented Workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJanuary 2, 2016
I enjoy working for Panera because of the people I work with, the willingness to help and go the extra mile for customers, and the management team.
Great workplace, good people, and delicious food.
Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 2, 2016
A typical workday is:
Starting of the day by restocking all of the work stations as much as possible. Helping management with quality control, communicating and delegating break/meal times to our staff members. Overall, our job is to be ready and set to go. Applying our talents, producing short ticket times by working fast, clean, without compromising the quality of food and friendly atmosphere our guests enjoy.
Great work enviorment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 2, 2016
Friendly People, enjoyed the environment. fast paced. Really enjoyed working their, just wanted to find a better paying job.
Panera Bread
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 31, 2015
It was a nice place. I enjoyed a lot working with customer and with my management team. I have learned how to satisfied all the customers.
Can be a good workplace, but somtimes is not
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALDecember 30, 2015
I worked for Panera Bread for three years in Birmingham,Al. The management team i was apart of is very rude and unprofessional, Ive never met a set of people so disruptive and lacking in professional acts.
Pros
Pay
Enjoyable
FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 30, 2015
Starting working at here was an experience. I went in knowing nothing and was embraced with open arms. The employees and some management really step up to help their employees to learn to feel comfortable and confident in there new job. Like all jobs there were some people who enjoyed flaunting there position over people making it difficult to work with them, but there is honestly very few. The best part of the job was the way the employees and most management pulled together to create and excellent work environment.
Chaotic work place
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHDecember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in changing the coffee, making sure everything was stocked, and making sure everything was clean. I learned to be punctual and how to communicate. Management, some of the managers were very nice some were not but overall they were organized. My co-workers were okay some didn't do what they were supposed to others did like any typical work place. The hardest part of the job was that I had to do everything alone and it got very busy a lot of the time and it was a lot for one person to do on their own. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to take my 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
we got half off anything we purchased $15.00 and under
Cons
They scheduled me too late knowing i had school in the morning
Love of Bagels
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Panera Bread because I meant different people everyday. There bakery was always hot and fresh. The menu was good and healthy.
Not a great place for someone in the engineering field.
associate (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 30, 2015
Panera Bread is a company that, while efficiently managed, lacks any connection to it's employees. Often one can get worked over by shady practices such as "2 hour breaks." One can also have schedule change without warning and can be sent home and lose hours simply because the restaurant isn't busy enough.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
Very lifeless place to work.
customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYDecember 29, 2015
I love my job at Panera, I work in the dining room, cashier, and barista. The managers are considerate. My co-workers enjoy working with me and I like them. I enjoy the customers and helping them with good decisions for their lunch.
Pros
free bread and good lunch discount
Cons
nothing
panera bread 200 high st boston ma
Trainer, cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 29, 2015
Most of the time I worked on the line, this company had very bad management as well as employe's. There was no structure. People would do what ever they wanted.
Pros
love the hours
Cons
no respect, no structure, no management.
opportunity for growth
Catering Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 29, 2015
started out on the line and worked my way to catering coordinator before I left. there was a good work environment with positive attitudes.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 29, 2015
It was a fast paced, safe environment with a lot of friendly interaction with customers. Long days with only half an hour break.
lonely
Bakery Training Specialist (BTS) / Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2015
inconsistent reviews and feedback. Corporate and franchise were not on the same level, although they acted as if they were. Users and abusers, they do not care. Gain as much experience about how the world works in a corporate life and see if its for you.
Pros
food balance health care
Cons
overworked, unaccountable expectations, management
Meh
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 28, 2015
High up management will throw anyone under the bus to save their skin with little to no care for them. No care for staff that literally overwork themselves, almost into sickness such as: Pneumonia, ruptured appendix, colds and the list goes on. At first manager will show care and compassion to lure you in, but after awhile they will care less and less about you. Availability does no exist in anyone's vocab, you will be scheduled many days but the second you say something about you being overworked, you hours plummet to single digit hours a week. Overall managers are petty, higher ups see you nothing more than lack luster employees, and if you complain say goodbye to your job.
Pros
Cons
Mangers are difficult, no care from managers, loads of hours or no hours
Work environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 27, 2015
I enjoy serving others and working in a fast pace environment. Team work is necessary to effectively serve customers during peak hours. My time here improved my communication skills, as well as team building.
Productive fast past work place.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 27, 2015
A fun place to work. You are able to learn customer service skills and the importance of food safety. It is a fast pace environment with fun co-workers.