Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,787 reviews matching the search
Great coworkers, managers, and atomosphere
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2016
When i would come into work, i would be greeted by my general manager and a few of my other coworkers. It was always great to be recognized as part of the team and that's what made work easy and enjoyable. My coworkers knew how to do there work and have fun while doing it which helped with slow days. Everything about Panera Bread was exceptionally perfect and it made me want to come in often to do what i needed to do. I think the hardest days would have to be when dangerous blizzards would hit the entire city of Colorado Springs, we would have to come in and we would have barely any customers. The blizzard days were the worst... That is all i didn't like about that job at Panera Bread but other than that it was a great job over all.
Pros
65% off on any Panera bread meal
Cons
People would quit and leave without notice
Panera Bread- Decent
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2016
It is a great place to work at for your first job or as an 'in between' job. Depending on the location, management and employees of the Panera it can be very demanding or very easy. A typical day is like any other fast food chain with some days being busier than others. The hardest part of the job is being in competition for receiving more hours. Panera Bread is a career to many and to some just a part time job which leaves little room for shift flexibility in sharing hours with everyone.
Pros
60% off meals while at work
Cons
Management, Hours, PTO
Fast pace environment
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2016
None stop customers come in for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I learn how to stay on my toes because there's no room for mistakes. The management work with you as long you can communicate with them. its a fun place working with other people that can do their job and have fun doing it. The hardest part of the job was sometimes unorganized. The most enjoyable part is that u have good benefits.
Fast paced but enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  State College, PAMay 11, 2016
The downtown Panera Bread in State College has been a fun and fast paced look into the world of high-end fast food. Both management and other associates have been great to work with, and the compensation and experience has been good, given the college setting.
Pros
65% discount on meals, good management, amicable working environment.
Cons
Can be hectic at times
Fun Coworkers, Disorganized and Unknowledgable Management
Prep (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJune 26, 2016
The job itself was easy. Management never knew what they were doing. A lot of times they tried to tell you how to do your job without even knowing how that job was supposed to be done. There was a lot of turnover. In the 3 years that I worked there, they went through 6 General Managers and several shift managers. A lot of times, the prep team was asked to serve molded fruit and vegetables. They were told to simply wash it off or cut around it and feed it to the public. At least 2 General Managers did this with staff. If anything ever runs out (like produce), they would send employees to Kroger or Giant Eagle to buy their brand of coffee, dressing or just cheap, non-organic produce. Overall, a very deceptive place to work. They just don't serve what they advertise.
Pros
Liked my coworkers
Cons
moldy food, poor management
Enjoyable work place with great people
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLApril 15, 2016
The mornings are usually good at Panera, they could get kind of slow. During the lunch rush, it might get a little crazy, but as a team we pull though. The hardest part of the job is to know what to say to customers in certain situations. I know they are tired of hearing " I apologize for the inconvenience", so you have to try to say something else that makes them feel like you really do care. I've learned that at Panera your staff and your regular customers are like your family and at the end of the day, it is worth it to see that your team does a great job and makes you proud.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Grumpy Customers
Its a hard job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 12, 2016
It gets very busy and customers can become irritated and mean. Some customers are rude and they treat you as a lesser person. The managers expect you to do so much work and stay after hours. The customers is always right even if the mistake was theirs, its a pretty demeaning job.
Pros
Schedule is flexible for school.
Cons
Short and early breaks, customers are very rude.
it was a fun place to work. A truely great enviorment
Team Member of Panera (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJune 30, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and learned a little bit more about teamwork and communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers who made the work experience incredibly fun. The management that I worked for were great. They were good to me from the moment I was there until the moment that I left.
Panera Experience
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 27, 2016
Working for Panera Bread has afforded me many great opportunities. I have been active within the company from jobs that include Senior Catering Coordinator to Management. They provide outstanding opportunities for training and advancement. Overall they are a great company to work for.
Pros
Greta Perks, Good Shifts, Great Leadership
Quick and Fast-pace Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJuly 6, 2016
There's not a single day that is slow except for Sundays, and even then there are sudden bursts of customers that send us in to a frenzy that is more enjoyable than most would expect. Fellow Associates help each other and really stand next to and for each other during any difficult. By far, this has to be my most favorite job that I've had in a while.
very nice enviroment to work in or being a customer they make you feel like family.
prep/stock/train (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 14, 2016
I liked working in mornings, so i did stock then prep and worked the production line through lunch. I learned how to work in a high volume atmosphere at in many different areas mostly thru lunch. The management was great always there when needed.the people i worked with were awesome some new a little some new a lot but we always made it thru.training people was the hardest part of the job (at that time) .the funnest part of the job was when management told you great job everyone we had an excellent day and we accomplished this together.
Pros
half price on food when you are working.
Cons
the only odd thing would be were the dry stock was put and were you had to get it down from.
not bad if you're a college kid but not long term career
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 13, 2016
Not the worst place I've worked, but wouldn't think of it as a long term career. Pay and hours are not bad, but the one I work for is a franchise so we don't get any benefits except for half off meals. Can be very boring at slow times and place seems to attract a very "snooty" and "uppity" kind of customer.
Pros
half off meals
Cons
no benefits at franchise store unless your management, boring at slow times, snooty customers
Great depending on co-workers
Consolidator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 2, 2016
i liked my job at PaneraBread but i had childish co-workers that would always gossip and talk trash therefore made me quit, i,m too mature for the crowd that worked there at the time. plus pay wasn't enough for the work i did and then the new hires started with 8.50 and they never upped my pay. other workers complained of this also.
Pros
50% off Meals & pick your own shifts
Cons
Over worked at times
Not fun
PANERA CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJApril 12, 2016
Hours are limited, and rush hour is terrible. Dining room is especially hard because only one person is assigned to dining room (cleaning tables, cleaning bathrooms, restocking everything, brewing coffee, cleaning up plates and trash customers leave on the table, helping out table runners) during rush hour. Managers don't give breaks easily because it's usually understaffed during rush hour.
Pros
Food discount, experience
Cons
Limited breaks or no breaks, understaffed, hard to find out schedule, too much theft between employees, not a lot of opportunity to move to different positions
N/a
Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 9, 2016
 Provided healthcare to all patient that arrived in the department
 Responsible for scheduling, pre-registration/registration, insurance verification, point of arrival
reception, chart preparation
 Revenue cycle processes for all patients. Functions in a multi-disciplinary environment, which
requires the application of excellent customer service skills
Pros
fast pace
Cons
paid poorly
Enjoyed walking in and working everyday.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 11, 2016
I came in with a good attitude and left with a good attitude. Most people at restaurants from what I have learned is that a lot of people do not. Work hard coming early and leaving late. I learned how to be dependable, wake up earlier and do mundane tasks like organizing even though I was not very good at it, at the time. The staff was the best part about me being and staying there. The hardest part about being in Panera bread and any other restaurant that I have worked in is that I have a hard time staying clean. I get a little too into my work and I move too fast. I enjoyed doing a lot of work and picking up the slack. It eels good to be a good worker. I especially love being competitive.
Job requirements
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
I was first trained as a cashier and then did some back of the house work. During the staff meeting, we were expected to know what was on the menu by heart. I was not trained in all aspects of the restaurant as far as preparing the soups (premade) and the sandwiches or salads so I was unfamiliar with what was in the product. They would change the schedule and expect you to know the changes as in to go to the store on a daily basis and check your schedule.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
management
fun workplace, have some issues though.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORApril 12, 2016
Work at Panera is not so bad, it's easy, i can easily change my schedule and request time off and i love that. The thing about the business is that they hire too many people so they cut down a lot of others hours, even the ones that are loyal and have been with them for a while. Also when i get sick, i either have to get it covered or i get written up. if i get written up 2 times i cant call in anymore or else i get fired. So yes, the job is easy, and it can be fun, the coworkers are fun to be around, and i've worked for almost 2 years already so i know my around, but i really would like to find myself something that has more hours, better pay.
Pros
Good food discounts, nice managers, fun coworker, great food.
Cons
not enough hours, not enough sick benefits, snobby customers.
It's a good company to work for.
Baker, Baker Trainer, Baker Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2016
I would show up to any particular cafe that needed my assistance and would assist the employees or would complete the bake myself. I would bake the bagels, sweets (cookies, muffins, pastries, etc.), sourdough, and focaccia and ciabatta. I would also have to maintain a clean environment and ensure that I set the next person, who was baking there, that they were restocked with all new product and nothing was missing. At the end of each shift I would clean my work area, wash any dishes that I dirtied that day, and sweep and mop.
Pros
Good pay, 40+ hours
Cons
Everyone has different standards on how to the job is done
associate
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJApril 16, 2016
customer service, food line, prep food. I've learned the safety through out the company and being aware of others and for your self. One of the best things for the job is interacting customers and trying new foods. Dealing with food is a hard job and trying to be safe dealing with allergies and diets and making the right ordering through out many different orders.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
peak at the job is usually lunch-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.