Panera Bread
1,610 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Relaxed, fun enviornment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: no work-life balance
Great training schedule and program, I have learned how Panera works.
relaxed enviroment with really good food
Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts of the food
Cons: food is expinsive and costomers offend reminded us
Making sandwiches, and salads, in a professional and timely manner. Prepping ingredients for said sandwiches and salads. Engaging with the customers to see that they are comfortable and have what they need to enjoy the “Panera” experience.
Fast paced and nice work environment
Cashier/Food Runner/Dining Room (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Lunch rush is pretty busy, most other parts of the day are pretty uneventful. I find myself looking for more stuff to do rather than needing stuff to be done.
Panera Bread
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: discount food
Cons: management was awful
Management was terrible, treated employees like animals. Accused employees of stealing. Never got out on time; always stayed either 30-60 minutes after scheduled shift was over. Did not understand that education came first.
Great Work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 9, 2014
Management was a bit lacking, a lot of the time no one knew which manager was on the clock v. off the clock. Customers were always in a good mood upon entry/exit of the store.
high turnover
cook, dishwasher, drive-thru, cashier (Former Employee), Carmel, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 65% discount when you work
Cons: only once a day and only on days you work
this company has a horribly high turnover rate. management is very rude and inconsiderate
Great Company
Cashier/Barista (Associate Trainer) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. we are all a family.
Disappointing business model.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 8, 2014
Worked there happily for around three years. Most of the staff that I worked with were liquidated when management changed hands.
My Co-workers
Training Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
I loved this environment. Everyone was so nice and respectful and made me so comfortable.
Not a bad company to start with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
The company itself is a good company to work for. Hard to advance, upper management is very harsh.
friendly
Sales Cashier (Former Employee), Darien, ILJuly 3, 2014
It was a great place too work, the customers were the best there just weren't enough hrs
Very accomodating to the hard workers.
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Leesburg, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, employee discounts
Cons: occasional thin staffing, product shortages
Management rewards hard work, and that is all one could ask for. The hard part comes when forced to work shorthanded, but that is true in most businesses.
Fun place to work in
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 3, 2014
Quick paced and sense of urgency is required. The job is exactly what you'd expect from an entry level food industry. Hardest part I would have to say would be having to engage customers on a consistent basis but even then it's not overwhelming.
Friendly Staff, great first job, decent training (sometimes)
Hourly Associate/Trainer November (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons: close to minimum wage, management can be unreliable sometimes
I started off as an hourly associate and was to become the main prep cook combined with dishwashing afterwords. The first shift everyone takes is a dining room shift, you serve people their food, bus their tables for them, and hourly keep rotating four batches of hot coffee. Then I was asked after becoming a handy prepper to choose between cooking on – more... the line or cashier, i chose cooking first
became a trainer and was learning how to cashier before I left.
A typical day in Prep/Dishwasher- Calculate the amount of food on the bars, how much back up you have in the walk in, and then based on the par you figure out how much produce you will have to prepare. You then have to put the fresh stock of produce away in the walk-in; this had to be done in a "First In First Out" style so organization was key. Next you'd begin the days work based off your count from earlier. Take your 30 minute break and wash dishes for almost the rest of your shift until the end when you move frozen meat into the walk in to thaw overnight.
I learned quite a few things, it was my first job and I felt welcome and Panera helped me find more confidence in myself. I not so much learned but I picked up a better work ethic which I find just as important. Also I improved my customer service skills, as well as how to handle employees. I felt honored they moved me up so quickly but I had put the work into it, nonetheless it was nice to feel they saw what I put into their business.
Got along with my managers very well. They were fair, never expected too much, and one thing I liked was they prefered for you to act on your own make a mistake as long as it's not too costly. If you learned from your mistake that is what mattered.
My co-workers were mostly great, a wide variety of different characters walking in and out but I still talk to some today.
The hardest part of Panera for me just being my first job I felt a little pressured to succeed but that could have been more my own pressure than Panera's. It really wasn't that difficult, I didn't always love being the guy they called when the more lazy or unreliable folk called out. And the pay wasn't very good, $9.50 per hour to start in prep or cashier. $10.50 for being a line cook and not great raises.
The most enjoyable part for me were the people I worked with, I had a great crowd of people around me who could stay focused and finish their jobs while still talking and getting along with one another. Another thing I will say again was that they notice when someone puts in consistent hard work, I moved up to being a trainer in under six months. – less
A fun workplace with beautiful environment and appealing atmosphere
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Mount Olive, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: huge discount at your own meal, you can also get an associate's certificate for your family too
Cons: you sometimes get your break an hour after you clock in.
Panera Bread is a great company. They are also flexible on hours. I learned how to be responsible and productive. Great job for beginners. The management always listen on what you suggest about the company. My co-workers are team player and fun to be work with. The hardest part of the job is to handle multiple task at the same time, but in order to – more... do that, time management is needed and I learned to practice it while at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go talk to a customers. I learned a lot from them especially the aged ones because they have more experience than I do. – less
Fast paced and demanding environment.
Part Time Associate/Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discount on food, card for free bread every month, great long term friendships
Cons: constant negativity of some sort, reprimanded for silly things, rumor spreading.
A general day at work can be depended on who opened that morning and what kind of mood the manager and opening crew have set. The moods of the employees usually sets the mood of the store. A stressed environment will lead to an overall stress of the store.

At Panera Bread I've learned how to make a variety of sandwiches (hot or cold), salads, and some – more... minor baking. I've learned every position on the production line and trained many people how to work on it.

The management has drastically changed since I've arrived. I enjoy every person as an individual in the managers of the store, but it has gone a little downhill due to just an accumulation of various problems both within the store or influenced by personal problems. No one is driven and they tend to help less and less now with the production line.

The coworkers at Panera Bread are for the most part very enjoyable. There will always be the few people who you will clash personalities with, but we are one big family.

The hardest part of the job is working extremely hard and not seeming to be recognized for hard work. I don't need constant praise but a 'good work' here and there would be appreciated not just from me but other employees of Panera.

The most enjoyable part of Panera Bread would have to be the people who work there and the relationships I've made with regular customers who come in almost daily. Chat among my fellow associates is always nice and nice conversations with the regulars can really brighten not only my day but others as well. – less
busy busy place
cashier (Former Employee), longview, txJuly 2, 2014
great place, nice atmosphere. They donate food at the end of the night.
Great Job.
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), FarmingtonJuly 2, 2014
Great management and environment. Flexible Schedule. Decent coworkers
Bread and Butter.
Cashier/ Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discounts and free drinks
Cons: no hours and poor management.
At Panera Bread I was a cashier, dining room attendant, line cook and dishwasher.
Productive and Driven Work Environment
Café Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, good food
I loved working at this location. The staff was very helpful and respectful. We all worked as a team to deliver great food and great customer service. I worked the pastry/bagel, as well as the deli/cafe. The customers were easy-going, nice, friendly, and very talkative making the time fly and the atmosphere good.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more