2,009 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Associate (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 65% discount for employee meals
A great experience. I learned to try different foods and how to prepare both Hot and Cold foods.
Flexible
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIJanuary 29, 2015
I only kept this job so long because of their amazing flexibility with scheduling. They have a planner that you can write any days you need off and you will 99% of the time get that day off. You can work as many (up to 40) or as little hours as you want.

This company was also full of college kids, so its a great work environment.
Cash register (Former Employee), North CharlestonJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: it was fast paste
Cons: cut hours
It was a productive day. It was always busy for lunch. There will sometimes be lines outside the door. I worked the cash register and prepare the pastries.
not a bad company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2015
I did not have any complaints about working at this company. I enjoyed my work. The hardest part of the job for me was the hours. I worked very early hours which can be common in a bakery setting
it was a calm and tedious work place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIJanuary 28, 2015
It was an okay job, what I've learned from this job is better communication skills. The management was mediocre but my co-workers were great! The most enjoyable part of this job was making the food and interacting with the customers.
cool place to work
Associate (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: no free food, management
cool place to work. usually will be filled with hipster-esque people that are down to hang out and chill. management, at my specific panera, was awful. they picked favorites, couldn't schedule to save their lives (I'm talking associates being left alone for 2+ hours on line, only 2 closing associates after 6pm most nights). the management was horrid. stop picking favorites like this is a clique in high school and treat all of your employees with the same level of respect.
Productive fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Goshen, INJanuary 27, 2015
very nice coworkers and mangers. out going environment and nice to work with people of diverse cultures. I learned to work with money and costumers
Productive place to work.
Bakery Assistant-Part time (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: only midnights available. seeking days.
Cleaned and cleared area of workers from day and afternoons. Slow start due to others from previous shift still on duty. Set up breads for baker to baked. Rolled and baked flat breads and wrapped for next day sale. Set up bagels on racks for baking. Decorated cooking and cupcakes. Prepared soufles to be baked for early morning sales. Pulled frozen products for next days bake and set up on racks. Cleaned work areas, washed pans and baking utensils.
Productive fun workplace
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 27, 2015
i enjoyed the long hours, the busy lunch hours, the co-workers were always heplful and understanding.
Little like a cult
Cashier, Barista, Food Service (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: cult like, strict environment, weird dress code
When I worked at this panera they fed me bread all the time and seemed to engrain it in my head that their bread is our passion, it is quite like a cult. Too much so for me.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Translator and Interpreter, CASHIER (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 26, 2015
GREAT MANAGEMENT, MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WERE THE CUSTOMERS. CO-WORKERS VERY FRIENDLY AND HARD WORKERS.
Fun place to work at. Great experience with my Panera family.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: having another family
Cons: hours tend to get cut short in the winter.
A typical day at work consists of opening the line and preparing for breakfast. Complete all customers orders in a timely fashion and at prepare for lunch. Lunch starts at 10:30. It takes a fast pace worker to have customers orders done within five minutes from the time a customer walks in the door to the time that they order. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get orders done fast and accurately so that every customer leaves with a smile on their face. The most enjoyable part about working at Panera is pleasing our customers so that they can have a pleasent visit. I have learned that you have to get along with your employees so that we can work as a team to get our job done right.
Fun, if you find a good store
Keyholder/Trainer (Former Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free food for keyholders
Cons: they skip breaks a lot, high turnover, low pay
I was a opener and a trainer for 3 years. The job is fun, but pay was very low, even for fast food. Lots of fun people work there, but quite a few bad apples. It really pays to befriend the store manager if you want to move up. We cycled through 3 managers while I was here, the first pretty good even though he was drunk on most of his shifts, the second was great, and the third was awful. They had about 20 employees leave in one 2 weeks (myself included) because of the new manager. She cut the hours of one girl who missed a shift because she got t-boned on the way to work and was in the hospital.
You will make good friends here, but not pay the bills. It does not play well with other jobs, you may be scheduled to work 5am-2pm but not get off until 4pm. Typically if you work the 11-7 shift you end up getting off at 9. The manager scheduled me between 10-50 hrs a week, which makes having a second job difficult.

It is a great job to have out of high school, but that is about it.
fun place to work
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Dublin, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunche or meals.
Working at cafe oasis can be a lot of hard work, but it is constantly with a fun and caring team. It is a family owned business and that family culture is great.
Amazing co-workers and customers.
Catering Specialist/Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2015
The work environment was great. Co-workers were amazing. Management could be better. The customers were swell and i and i formed many friendships while working at this establishment. Everyday was a new adventure and new products were constantly added.
Hard work, high expectations
Manager (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, awesome associates
Cons: no healthcare, bad management
When I first started working at Panera Bread, I actually really liked it. As time went on, it proved to be somewhere that pushed their employees past their limits in some situations. A few times, their employees safety came last, unfortunately.
Overall Great Job
Supervisor Anup Saha (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Panera, in three years I went from hourly associate, to certified trainer, to catering manager. On a typical day as the catering manager I would organize all orders, make the orders, deliver the orders and then I would close the orders, enter all information on the logs and balance my on accounts.
Panera Bread Workplace
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 65% discount on food
Cons: my co-workers, the location
The Management was okay, certain managers were extremely immature. For example they would gossip about certain employees to other employees. One manager was always nice never unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was being the youngest one there and not being from the state it was located. I'm glad I went through what I went through; It taught me how to have patience and not to respond or react to every negative comment some of my co-workers gave me.
Great Place with arcade games and pools
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free trips to the movies and theme parks
Cons: waking up early
A typical day at the YMCA was practice, moving equipment, coaching and lots of meetings. At this job I learned how to be a better listener I also had to have a great amount of patience and will power to accomplish the things I did. Management was great they were family friends of mine so we had an awesome but understanding connection. My co-workers were mainly my classmates from school so we were all friends. The hardest part of that job was waking up early so the little kids could play their games first. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and teaching the children.
Way better than other fast food jobs
Associate (Former Employee), TulsaJanuary 22, 2015
Not much to review. It was a good job. I worked there for two and a half years. So I worked with three different store managers over that time. But it is a fun place to work.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more