Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Quiet work place
Full Time Baker (Former Employee), orlandoAugust 3, 2015
It is a very quiet place to work for if you work over night. I would come in from 9pm to 7 am and bake t
all the product in the store.
very well managed and structured
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 3, 2015
Managers are always on top of shifts and daily tasks. You know what they expect from you every day. Tasks are pretty consistent to what area you work in but work load varies quite a bit.
Learned a lot about customer service
❸ Associate trainer (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 3, 2015
This was my first job and I worked my way up to a trainer. I taught myself on all of the positions and was never trained myself. I am eager to learn new skills and I want to grow and learn as much as possible.
Brand new cafe opening, so very unorganized.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Awesome experience, Learned a lot, "by the book" procedures
Cons: frequent miscommunication
I thoroughly enjoyed the job itself, catering to the customers as well as making orders, running food, and closing the dining room. however, they hired a significant amount of people at once and I was one of the few that fell through the cracks. I was only working 1 to 2 days a week and decided to resign so I could be a full time student. The hardest part was that I really loved working there and hoped it could be a full time job for me, but it didn't work out that way. Managers were as helpful as they could be, but like I said they had way to many employees which made it difficult to get help when needed.
Unprofessional
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: health care, managment
The managment here is very rude and over works you. No matter what your going through. Never enough people working. Always short staffed!
great food
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bexley, OHAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: fire place on year round
For the most part the co-workers where team players. I like that you can meet new people from all walks of life,and I did enjoy company meeting.
Great first job.
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Edgewater, MDJuly 31, 2015
Great first job for anyone that hasn't had one. Can easily work your way to full time if you work hard and prove you're reliable to management.
It was a good first job.
Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2015
Pros: 60% Discount on food
Cons: Schedules being wrong
It was a fun work place, very team oriented. The management was mostly fair except for some occasions. I learned how to help customers get what they needed and have an overall good experience at our store.
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier & Barista (Current Employee), California, MD 20619July 31, 2015
Work is usually busy. Co-workers are fun and friendly. Managers are constantly helping. The hardest part of the job is balancing all of the areas.
Good people and flexible scheduling
Cashier (Current Employee), Avondale, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Work, fun
Cons: Little room for raises
Working for Panera Bread is a great experience. I enjoy the atmosphere of the workplace and the people that I work with. I am a college student, and my biggest concern was if Panera would be able to work with my school schedule. They exceeded my expectations by providing me with a schedule that didn't force me to overexert myself. Sometimes the busy days can get stressful because there are many time requirements and quality expectations that need to be met, but then again those requirements are what made the job exciting.
Yummy Food and CORE Vaules
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome Discount
Panera bread LLC – Associate Trainer

Operate cash register and handle customer payments in cash send credit cards.
Train new associates in the bakery and barista station
Advise customers on choosing the menu items and provide suggestive selling.
Analyze selling of new products and keep tabs on customer promotions.
they dont care about you at all you can work hard everyday and they dont care
Head Baker, Over night 9pm-7am (Former Employee), palm city flJuly 30, 2015
Pros: not one
Cons: worked like a dog
i worked over 50-60hr weeks grave yard shift they will use you up it you are a women they make you feel like you dont count do not work for them
Great Food and atmosphere
Assistant Manager- Training Specialist/Hiring (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 30, 2015
Hardest part of the job was working the hours and the distance traveled once they relocated me. The training program is very off and I believe that it could have been done alot differently and that more time could have been put into proper training especially with management.
Productive place to work
Cashier and Trainer (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYJuly 30, 2015
arrive at 6am and stock bakery
how to bake and make drinks
management is okay- a lot of turn over - new mangers every few months
coworkers are great
dealing with customers
bonding with coworkers
Panera Bread
Cashier/Line Associate (Current Employee), Braintree, MAJuly 29, 2015
I have been working for 3 years at Panera bread and have had a great experience. My coworkers are great. It is kind of hard to move up in the company and it can be unfair. Overall I don't have any complaints about the job.
Great Work Environment
CATERING MANAGER PANERA BREAD COMPANY (Former Employee), Ocala,FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Minimal supervision for my position
Cons: Smaller cafe
Grat place to work. Love the different sides to the cafe. Loved my job. Catering Manager was awesome. I got to interact with a lot of the city's doctors, lawyers,and officials.
Very stressful environment with no clear leadership.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: You get to take home all the bakery goodies that aren't eaten by then end of the day, unless they are being donated that night
Cons: Everything else
Your are expected to memorize the enitre menu including allergens and the history behind each ingredient for very little money. My entire first week of work, I spent on the computer taking an online class about coffee and then was expected to just know the register and how to run all of the equipment, there was no one to shadow and no leadership. I was attending college courses and made my availability clear when I applied for the position and yet was only scheduled during my class times after repeatedly talking to each manager. There is no cohesiveness or communication among managers.
productive workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short breaks
The management was a little undecided. I would have my schedule with my assignments and they would assign me to someplace completely different in the restaurant. The job was very fast paced and kept me on my feet.
customers made your day better
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 28, 2015
Pros: discounted stuff
Cons: hardly got a lunch
A very busy place but rewarding, good food and guest use to love hearing us laugh. worked as a team for the most part. wonderful surrounding for evening meeting ect..
Pay is fair, but too stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Pastries
Cons: No real breaks, a lot of "Clopens"
You are more of Glorified Cashier, because you're stuck at a position for most of the day. As a food cost manager, you have to put extra hours just to get your non shift duties completed
Headquarters