Pangea Real Estate Employee Reviews

Wonderful minus the regional manager
Office Manager/ Leasing Agent/ HR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2016
Pangeas employees are amazing and fun to work with making work not seem like such a drag. The work can get annoying dealing with irate tenants however it can be rewarding there are also some amazing residents as well. The only problem is the politics, if u are not a snitch or brown noser towards the regional manager, u could be doing your job the very best way it can be done and STILL get in some type of trouble simply so he can throw his power around. If you work here just learn the politics.
Pros
fun environment, some flexibility decent compensation
Cons
upper management
Nice for starter job but not a company to grow witthin
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Communication really sucks wthin the company. Upper management (field regional manager) should definitely be replaced. Field Management is sexist especially when their ALL men. Human Resource department is not for its employees but to keep things under the table. Not great at employee recognition and not great with promotion. Steady fluctuation in compensation stucture and bonus pay. Good entry level position but pay needs to be higher.
Pros
They sponsor liquor; always paid on time at least for direct deposit
Cons
Management; compensation and bonus structure; lack of communication between the various departments
Productive and fun place to work.
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2016
My day starts at 7am, and I work very intensely for a couple of hours, just to make sure my deadlines have been met. I take a short lunch and then I respond to emails and requests. I enjoy the managers that I work with. They are very easy going and considerate of you. I love my fellow co-workers, they are amazing to work with. The hardest part of my job is seeing people that I have worked with for years leave the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is working hard and playing harder.
Pros
Starting work early and ending work early
Cons
Short breaks
Wishing them the best!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago/BaltimoreMay 30, 2016
I began working with Pangea early March under a temp agency. There was a rigorous class, to my surprise we were even tested on a daily basis and needless to say, the training class dwindled effectively. Early June I was hired on FT as a Leasing Advisor and brought into the Pangea family. Normal temp period. Work wasn't brain surgery. Even the hr process/intro made me feel as ease. I was apart of a call center team that handled all of the incoming calls and either directed them accordingly or began the process of finding an apartment for the caller. I took some verbal abuse here and there, but hey it's Chicago. It was another opportunity to strengthen my customer service skills and solidify that aspect of my resume. Time passes, all is well, and I'm doing fine. Soon however, I was bored. My commute was great and it was an easy job to handle, especially being a single mother, but that was it. It was too easy. I wanted a challenge. So when the position was offered to the company for a property manager to assist with their new property in Baltimore, I jumped on it. I was an east coast girl, so going back to that area was a factor as well. I packed my things and headed to Baltimore. I was the manager at a booming company, a promotion received within my 6 months of working there.

In Baltimore, as a community-turned-property manager, I learned many things and again solidified my resume. Baltimore is a unique city too and so I had to learn how to deal with a new set of minds. I went through some personal road bumps there. Not saying it was a bad move, but in the midst of learning
  more... and growing professionally, I was living the same life at home. I rocked out, handled business with my community (giving out my cell was common), assisted with other teams across town, and had a great time doing it. Soon again though, I was bored. The thing with Pangea is it's a great place to work for if you aren't trying to go anywhere else. Many folks I started with are still there. I know current employees that are happy in their titles. Pangea shows value to them and they show it back. Here I am, growing and wanting more of a challenge. Personally, I was changing, I made the decision to move out to the dmv area and work there. Reasons? Closer to family. Better environment. More money. That green that keeps you going, yeah I needed that, and I deserved more of it. I'm unsure whether Pangea thought I wouldn't be loyal, but when I asked for a raise but was shut down, and when I was 'promoted' to a property manager and put on salary it wasn't anything other than not letting me get any more overtime, I knew it was time to part way. I don't think our team was as solid as it could have been. Maintenance is a big part of property management too. It was hard to keep some good workers, and most of them where stationed at the other side of town. When I had an emergency it wasn't always easy to get things taken care of and that frustrated me. If we're for the people, then be for the people. I can't help it, I care. So I felt it easier to just leave. Life's too short. I left on a great note. It felt good having your residents and colleagues give you a parting gift, thank, or just wish you well.

As my boss replied after I gave him my 2 weeks, 'It's just business."

*One of the questions asked is do I approve of this company's CEO? I clicked no, but it's not because of him. I don't approve of any CEOs in this country really.
Pros
Good vibes, solid structure, Longevity
Cons
Pay, Earnings, Commission structure, Money
Marketing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed every minute here. Good management and nice opportunity for others. Was part time, not sure I would enjoy cold calling for 40+ hrs a week.
new way to work
Eviction Prevention and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Management and rental company in Chicago IL as well as other States (IN and WI) where there is one stop shop for all your residential and rental/leasing needs
Pros
great experience
Cons
need better management
The owner of the company as well as the office personell were nice.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  chicago ILAugust 12, 2014
Day would start off calling back tenants who has concerns wit their units. Putting in work orders to the maintenance crew to resolve issues. visit tenants personally to ensure that the proper work was done to their satisfaction. Hardest part of certain days was to to hand out or post 5 or 30 day notices to over due tenants.
Pros
freedom to do your work
Cons
use of personall car to get to 20 + locations/properties.
Leasing Agent
Senior Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2014
Showing residential/commercial properties
Meeting with prospects to pre qualify for property
Obtaining credit reports
Reviewing background
Having knowledge of all properties i.e.; Price, neighborhood, dimension, etc
Collecting rental payments
Creating and reviewing residential/commercial lease
Pros
meeting with various people
Cons
n/a
This is a very interesting job environment .
Sales/ Leasing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 13, 2015
Working at Pangea Real Estate has been a journey in its self and there are still obstacles to overcome in the near future with position.
Pros
the parties
Cons
the attendance policy
Very inviting, fun place of work.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
I overall enjoyed this experience, as well as the employees and tenants who made it worthwhile. There are however, a few things Pangea can improve on.
Pros
rewards/bonuses, company parties, rent discount
Cons
no breaks, use of your own vehicle
It's alright
Leasing Adviser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Assist residents of Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore in finding an apartment.You take inbound calls and make outbound calls day in and day out. Its a nice environment;everyone is nice and respectful.

Pangea Real Estate Reviews by Location