Professional commercial lighting company in business for over 25 years located in Hauppauge, NY is seeking an experienced and motivated individual for a full-time warehouse clerk position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Order fulfillment duties include order picking, packing and shipping products within the Company warehouse by performing the following duties:
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Preparing parcels with care for shipping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Has a strong written, organizational, and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to speak read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to lift cartons up to 60 pounds.
- Prior related warehouse/shipping experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
We offer a friendly working environment and an extensive benefits package which includes paid time-off, health insurance and 401(k).
Indeed - 12 months ago