Panther Expedited Services Employee Reviews

Our billing department works as a team
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHOctober 7, 2017
No matter what the situation, we are always willing to help each other out when needed. As a billing specialist accuracy is the utmost importance.Management is always willing to work with an individual when needed.
Pros
Agreeable on time coming into work.
Cons
Not getting the proper information to get the job done.
Great company
O/O Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2017
Good experience making plans to go back there in the future ....the service and overall atmosphere was nothing less then excellent .... panther is a stright foward company
Pros
Down time
Cons
Down time
Good company if you like driving expedite
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 3, 2017
you get to see the country, make good money, but it's truck driving and it's a very unhealthy lifestyle. you're an independent contractor and get no health insurance.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else. it's trucking, not an easy lifestyle.
Don't lease any truck to these people
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 2, 2017
I am a lease operator been here for a year. First month they ran me just to show me I can make money. Well I sit here now I been negative since the 18th of November 2016. Got no money no food Bank accounts drained. Negative evey month since may of 2016. I asked for a food advance they gave me a hundred dollars to go 2 weeks. The next time they told me I don't have to advance you nothing. They don't care about you only to rip you off on rates and then waist your time by sitting 3 to 4 days a week. If you even start your clock to deliver you won't get a load that day. They have a app you supposed to use as a tool for load decisions. It is worthless they don't go by it when assigning loads to trucks so you can be number 1 on the board sitting with a full clock and they won't even call you just let you sit. They will deny back hauls cause your in a prime area. Everything is your fault never there's. So there right I was wrong to stay working there so my fault. Don't go to lease there cause 50% of there lease owners don't get paychecks on weekly basis. Now if your a fleet owner well you might be OK with all the special access to loads out here lease operators don't have. If you work here find a fleet owner you will never sit. Quality was going to repo my truck cause they didn't receive payment so you decide but I will get on every site I can find to tell my story about this sorry company.
Pros
Free pizza for orientation
Cons
The on site doctor is like panther a scam.
N/a
Office/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHFebruary 26, 2017
I Worked in the billing department helping the accounting people gather information so they can process the billing. Phone work as well as data entry.
Too political
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  OtrFebruary 4, 2017
Unethical management practices. Drivers are disrespected. Liars and manipulators. Do not make the change. This company is extremely political. Be very careful who you talk to.
Pros
Not forced dispatch
Cons
Try to force dispatch
Learned a great amount about the trucking industry
Fleet Interaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 8, 2017
It was a great place to work.
Not much room for growth.
Provided the opportunity to cross train in all departments.
Provide the opportunity to transfer into a different department.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
No room for growth
They fire fleet owners then try to steal their drivers
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 22, 2016
7 years ago this was a great company. Past 3 years downhill. They are making unethical choices. They fired our fleet owner who is the best man to work for, Cliffside, made 30 trucks bring back their trailers in 1 to 2 days, then called the Cliffside teams trying to recruit us to work for other fleet owners. It was appalling to all of us. They never gave Cliffside a reason for letting 30 trucks go. Just bizarre. But with that being said, everything happens for a reason! We are all making so much more than was ever possible at Panther. Their rewards program is run awkwardly, after you get say Gold Status, Panther makes you wait 4 to 6 months to receive the rewards. The driver relations person confided in us that it is due to attrition...after drivers get their reward, they were leaving Panther so they get you so invested in the next 6 month prize, you don't leave. We were very disappointed in these practices.
Pros
4 years ago many
Cons
Sitting sometimes 4 days without a load. Rewards program not paying out timely
I would not work here !
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 8, 2016
The culture is quantity over quality . Drivers as well as employees are just a warm body to them. Most come and go on a revolving door here as many dont feel appreciated in an unfriendly environment. Really no one has any fun nor smiles at this location as its just a low pay sweat shop call center where its a good ol boy hierarchy and no one says anything to the boss who is lax at his job. Your a nobody there, and will never be somebody.
Pros
hot dogs
Cons
Management, pay, poorly trained, sweat shop
Great Entry Level Company
Logistics Professional (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 7, 2015
Panther is a great place to start your career. The benefits are very reasonable as is the starting salary. This is a company where you can rise as high as you want to. The opportunities are there for those who want to stay there.
Pros
Entry level no experience necessary
Cons
Money is ok for entry level, easy to outgrow.

Want to know more about Panther Expedited Services?

Ask a question
work with some great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHOctober 27, 2014
a typical day at work, I post all monies coming into panther, I index paperwork being sent in from drivers, I send out all UPS packages, I bill government loads, I run all credit card payments, I also do the receptionist position while she takes breaks, and lunch.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
Great Place to Work at!
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 15, 2014
I was in contact with many customers throughout the day. Tried to sell the multitude of services we provided. Learned all about the logistics industry as well as sales as a whole. Great work environment and met a lot of great people. Hardest part about my job was finding great companies to target and get in front of the right person. Best part of my job is the great people i get to work with an the customers i get to please.
Independent Contractor
Fleet Owner Dave Porter (Current Employee) –  Seville , OhioJanuary 28, 2014
Independent Contractor for OTR and Canadian Borders travels alot of time from home and I`m looking forward to being home daily or a local route.
Cons
Alot of away time from home, I`m looking for a daily route to be home at night
Transportation experience
Brokerage Manager (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Panther is a great place to learn from some of the best in the industry. Offering services such as Expedite trucking, International Ocean and Air, Hot Shot services, white glove services.
Run Dont walk from Here
logistics (Former Employee) –  seville ohioJanuary 8, 2014
This place is in constant turn over. Way out in the middle of no where they pay NOTHING and the managers think their gods gift to trucking when everyone knows their reputation. which is not good.
Pros
Cons
pay, hours, travel, management
straight truck driver otr
straight truck driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 5, 2014
be very careful of fleet owner they set you up with the one I had did not pay me for my miles I had drove. ( be very careful of that).
Pros
got loads
Cons
fleet owner did not pay for my miles.
Panther Expedited Services
Carrier Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHAugust 19, 2013
Carrier Recruiter
• Office work- Answering phones, filing, and computer work (excel, word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.)
• Collecting Data/Tracking results
• Reviewing redlined contracts
• Handled insurances / Tracked safety records for each carrier
• Worked with Safety and Compliance
Fast paced call center
Logistics Professional (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 8, 2013
During the day it is a fast paced call center dealing with owner/operators of tractor/trailers. At night it is very slow paced.
Travel
Independent Contractor-Over the road Driver (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 1, 2013
Ive learned to manage my own business by being a self employed subcontractor. Ive had to manage my hours. Its like being on call 24 hrs a day. This is hot freight so it has a time limit on when it has to be picked up and when it has to be delivered.
Pros
Seeing different states accross the country
Cons
Interstate accidents and weather dangers
Good entry level company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHOctober 23, 2012
Although the experience varies from fleet owner to fleet owner, the experience I had with Panther was positive. They are good about getting drivers home on time and paying employees on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panther Expedited Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8