Panther Expedited Services

Panther Expedited Services Employee Reviews

I would not work here !
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 8, 2016
The culture is quantity over quality . Drivers as well as employees are just a warm body to them. Most come and go on a revolving door here as many dont feel appreciated in an unfriendly environment. Really no one has any fun nor smiles at this location as its just a low pay sweat shop call center where its a good ol boy hierarchy and no one says anything to the boss who is lax at his job. Your a nobody there, and will never be somebody.
Pros
hot dogs
Cons
Management, pay, poorly trained, sweat shop
They fire fleet owners then try to steal their drivers
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 22, 2016
7 years ago this was a great company. Past 3 years downhill. They are making unethical choices. They fired our fleet owner who is the best man to work for, Cliffside, made 30 trucks bring back their trailers in 1 to 2 days, then called the Cliffside teams trying to recruit us to work for other fleet owners. It was appalling to all of us. They never gave Cliffside a reason for letting 30 trucks go. Just bizarre. But with that being said, everything happens for a reason! We are all making so much more than was ever possible at Panther. Their rewards program is run awkwardly, after you get say Gold Status, Panther makes you wait 4 to 6 months to receive the rewards. The driver relations person confided in us that it is due to attrition...after drivers get their reward, they were leaving Panther so they get you so invested in the next 6 month prize, you don't leave. We were very disappointed in these practices.
Pros
4 years ago many
Cons
Sitting sometimes 4 days without a load. Rewards program not paying out timely
Great Entry Level Company
Logistics Professional (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 7, 2015
Panther is a great place to start your career. The benefits are very reasonable as is the starting salary. This is a company where you can rise as high as you want to. The opportunities are there for those who want to stay there.
Pros
Entry level no experience necessary
Cons
Money is ok for entry level, easy to outgrow.
work with some great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHOctober 27, 2014
a typical day at work, I post all monies coming into panther, I index paperwork being sent in from drivers, I send out all UPS packages, I bill government loads, I run all credit card payments, I also do the receptionist position while she takes breaks, and lunch.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
Run Dont walk from Here
logistics (Former Employee) –  seville ohioJanuary 8, 2014
This place is in constant turn over. Way out in the middle of no where they pay NOTHING and the managers think their gods gift to trucking when everyone knows their reputation. which is not good.
Pros
Cons
pay, hours, travel, management
Great Place to Work at!
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 15, 2014
I was in contact with many customers throughout the day. Tried to sell the multitude of services we provided. Learned all about the logistics industry as well as sales as a whole. Great work environment and met a lot of great people. Hardest part about my job was finding great companies to target and get in front of the right person. Best part of my job is the great people i get to work with an the customers i get to please.
Watch your back
Driver Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHMay 2, 2012
At Panther, I very much enjoyed the daily interaction with co-workers and the owner/drivers I talked to daily. However, there are way too many middle managers who are involved in every aspect of your job. High stress and high blood pressures will result - guaranteed.
Pros
free hams at easter and thanksgiving, cedar point discounts
Cons
everything else
Travel
Independent Contractor-Over the road Driver (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 1, 2013
Ive learned to manage my own business by being a self employed subcontractor. Ive had to manage my hours. Its like being on call 24 hrs a day. This is hot freight so it has a time limit on when it has to be picked up and when it has to be delivered.
Pros
Seeing different states accross the country
Cons
Interstate accidents and weather dangers
Panther Expedited Services
Carrier Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHAugust 19, 2013
Carrier Recruiter
• Office work- Answering phones, filing, and computer work (excel, word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.)
• Collecting Data/Tracking results
• Reviewing redlined contracts
• Handled insurances / Tracked safety records for each carrier
• Worked with Safety and Compliance
Independent Contractor
Fleet Owner Dave Porter (Current Employee) –  Seville , OhioJanuary 28, 2014
Independent Contractor for OTR and Canadian Borders travels alot of time from home and I`m looking forward to being home daily or a local route.
Cons
Alot of away time from home, I`m looking for a daily route to be home at night
Transportation experience
Brokerage Manager (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Panther is a great place to learn from some of the best in the industry. Offering services such as Expedite trucking, International Ocean and Air, Hot Shot services, white glove services.
Good entry level company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHOctober 23, 2012
Although the experience varies from fleet owner to fleet owner, the experience I had with Panther was positive. They are good about getting drivers home on time and paying employees on time.
straight truck driver otr
straight truck driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 5, 2014
be very careful of fleet owner they set you up with the one I had did not pay me for my miles I had drove. ( be very careful of that).
Pros
got loads
Cons
fleet owner did not pay for my miles.
Fast paced call center
Logistics Professional (Current Employee) –  Seville, OHJuly 8, 2013
During the day it is a fast paced call center dealing with owner/operators of tractor/trailers. At night it is very slow paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panther Expedited Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8