Panther Premium Logistics Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive and clean workplace with nice cafe and great people
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Worked with automotive customers and provided the best options for them for expedited services. Worked well with the automotive team and came up with the best solutions for the best service.
My Favorite Job
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Panther was by far the best place I've ever worked and my favorite job to date. I absolutely loved everything about it. I only left because my family and I were moving south. If I could've taken my job to NC with me, I would've! I miss it very much! I hope to see them open an office down here someday. I would go back and work for them in a heartbeat!
International Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2017
Managing quoting and executing shipments. Inbound and outbound
International shipments, Billing, Vendor invoice approval, tracking tracing. Pricing negotiations. Learned to work more independently.
Pros
Able to handle all files from start to end
bad pay no raises
logistics professional (Former Employee) –  Medina OHAugust 7, 2017
pays lower compared other transportation companies
management doesn't develop talent
decent benefits
tough work balance for later shifts
good facility
Owner Op tractor trailer team
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 7, 2017
Be prepared to be an OWNER. They do not spoonfeed you. You have to know the costs involved, and how to be the CEO CFO AND COO. You are a business partner with Panther, not an employee. If you're stuck sitting somewhere, get in on the backhaul board and find your own load. Do not expect to be preloaded, this is expidited freight. It's a new and totally different world from the mega companies.
You will survive as a solo, you will THRIVE as a team.
Pros
Excellent pay, non forced dispatch
Love working here
Agent Network Representative (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 7, 2017
Pretty fun job very good work life balance honestly no real complaints. I would honestly recommend this company to anyone especially students fresh out of college.
Good people; Corporate management doesn't understand business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 16, 2017
Local management does a good job
Corporate management does not understand business and tries to fit into same box as other subsidiaries which do not perform as well
Work/Life balance was tough, long hours without a reward
panther
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2017
panther would be a great company to work for if their owner operators cared about taking care of the trucks but most don't so you are stuck broken down a lot with no way to make decent money
local job
V ehicle M aintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 11, 2017
you receive full benefits,dental, medical, 401k, left insurance,workshifts are monday through friday in the field i am in, saturdays are open and optional
Good place to work for the owners only
Driver (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 27, 2017
You not going to make money if you will work for fleet owner.this business is good for owners only.if you driving your own vehicle money is good.but in slow season is not enough work to make money.sometimes I was sitting on the truck stop for 2-3 days.if you will go past Mississippi River with the load good luck coming back loaded to the Eastern US where most of the loads going from. They sended me to California and I was waiting for a week for the load. They had nothing and I had to come back empty- no money earned.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Slow seasons
decent company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 10, 2017
no job is perfect...some owners complain about Panther without doing a self examination first. Driving for a decent owner is the key to win in this biz.
Great sales support
Gardena, California USA - Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 17, 2016
One of the best sales and verticals support bases I have come across in my life, also operationally extremely helpful. Too bad the mother company started making changes in the organization that proved to be detrimental to morale and especially the service levels provided to customers.
Pros
sales support, benefits, communication, verticals support
Cons
middle management
Panther has a system set up that has to be understood clearly and can be. Understanding and completing all paper work is a must for success
Straight Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 13, 2016
There is an abundance of information that has to be understood with Panther. So with this mind, a person can make the right decisions about loads. I found out the hard way but this was actual OTR learning. If a person is Fully aware of all there precedures and doesn't miss out on paper work being on time success is attainable
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Be prepared for a different kind of trucking experience.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Medina, OH 44256December 12, 2016
Panther is an expedite company. Be prepared and plan to site in odd places for a while. Rate of pay to owner operators has steadily decreased causing difficulty in making large truck payments.
Productive and friendly place to work
Domestic freight forwarding agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2016
I have enjoyed working with this company and learning new things every day. Panther is very helpful with keeping the staff up to date on all company policies and certification
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Closing office
Great learning experience
Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed the job. I have learned how to present, articulate better, and to deal with difficult people and difficult situations. My co-workers were amazing, friendly, empathetic, and I was always one to enjoy the relationships built. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the executive team to help guide the direction of the company in the future.
Pros
people
A call center sweat shop.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 9, 2016
A call center that is truly a sweat shop with low pay. Wages are well below going rate and drivers are paid less than most other carriers. Management treats its employees as a warm body and nothing more. A very unfriendly work environment where the managers barely say hello as no smiles and stone faces are normal. Very high stress leads to heart attacks.
Pros
lunch
Cons
working environment, pay, management
Great company to drive for
Driver (female) (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 25, 2016
I drove for this company for a couple of years and left only as it was imperative at that time to come home and take care of my Elderly parents. Panther and my fleet owner were very supportive as it was somewhat of an emergency situation and I was not able to give more than 24 hours notice.

Now...the 2 main key factors are (1) having a great fleet owner and (2) having a great co-driver. Great as in not lazy and a safe driver.

Dispatch was great to us. If you are under a load, they will stay in contact. If you are not, and are persistent, you will get a load. They are not forced dispatched but we rarely turned down loads. If you are a team that works hard and drives hard and not only arrives for pick up and delivery on time but EARLY, you WILL get loads. However, there are some slow periods in freight, but that's the industry.

I don't know what's up with the driver who said his biggest check was 450.00. We averaged 900.00 to 1100.00 weekly....EACH!
When I am able to go back on the road, I will only drive for Panther.
Pros
You will get what you give. Know your stuff!
Cons
Slow freight seasons
Freedom and flexibility
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Medina County, OHDecember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my job as an independent contractor. The personal office employees were helpful and professional. I enjoyed the travel and the flexibility
Pros
Flexible
Cons
inconsistant in recieving loads
Training mindset
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHOctober 20, 2015
Great place to get on your feet, they really help work around your schedule and help to make sure that you are taken care of.