Papa Gino's Employee Reviews

fun and exciting at times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 18, 2017
working in the restaurant is not bad if everyone gets along, you can have a fun and exciting experience if the right people are on.
for the high up they not very nice they will look down on you for all the little things you do wrong but wont give you any recondition for any good job you have do.
Quick paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 17, 2017
Papa Ginos was an excellent place to work. Great team atmosphere and room for advancement for the capable employee. Food fresh and good delivery systems.
Average
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 14, 2017
Food service overall was a bit difficult. Management was not always on top of things, and the location in particular is notorious for being incompetent. Enjoyed food discounts. The hardest part would be communication between coworkers, along with unnecessary drama that did not involve the work place. The integrity of some people was questionable.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Poorly managed, stressful
Very fun enviorment to work in
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJune 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Papa Gino's it was my hands down favorite job. The management was always understanding and helped to the best of their abilities
Cons
Short staffed
Very poorly run company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHJune 5, 2017
They are a fairly good company for a first job, outside of that it does not feel like a company anyone should want to work their way up in and the level of compensation to work is very poor
Negative enviorment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 5, 2017
Not enough hours in a week and they work you till you drop, the pay was no good and there was no promotion from within so that made it a real disaster.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Awful compensation
Very upbeat place to work!
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 1, 2017
I loved working at Papa Gino's. Everyone was so nice and understandable. The only thing I did not like were the hours I was giving. I asked many times to lower my hours, but they always gave me too many hours when I was incapable of working that many, being a senior in high school and all.
I wouldn't work there again
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJune 1, 2017
I would not tell anyone to work there. You don't get that many hours. Manager always leave the store. So you always meeting new people. To busy not enough help. Never again
easy, well compensated part time job that works around your schedule
DELIVERY DRIVER, TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 29, 2017
i believe it to be the pizza delivery company that pays its drivers the most. A server in most restaurants makes $2.50 an hour plus tips. The drivers here make $9 plus tips. Sure, the tips you make are not as high as that of a servers, but at the end of the day, that $9 an hour adds up. Very easy job that mainly consists of simply driving around and giving food to people
Pros
discounted/free meals. get to drive around listen to music, easy job in general
Cons
work with mainly high school students...not many adults, hard to find full time position as they do not give out many hours per week, A lot of wear and tear on your car
A productive work day
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  MeerimackMay 28, 2017
It was a great job, the managers werent read people. the work days were long and hard. I was one of the only people doing any work! it was stressful and a lot of work but I was able to make it through!
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
long shifts and more than 5 days a week
guests good, co-workers/ shift leaders not so good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAMay 24, 2017
This is my 1st actual job. I've been there for almost 2 years. Honestly, if it wasn't for the guests (customers), I would've quit a long time ago. Not only are there not many hours available already, they keep hiring new people and cutting people's hours that have seniority. SOME workers & shift leaders act like they're still in high school. I go to work to do my job, not to make friends, spread rumors or start drama. It seems like immaturity, using indoor voices & hours availability are the biggest problems within my store. I don't recommend working here.
Pros
employee discounts, guests(customers)
Cons
management & hours availability
Didn't enjoy working here.
Front Worker (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, NHMay 23, 2017
its understaffed and i was doing a million things at once i was only getting paid 9 hourly and the store its self had a bad rep the ac went out once and all the 4 employees that night had to work in 100 degree heat one of the managers leaves work whenever she wants
Cashier/Server
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 23, 2017
Trained new Employees
Handled cash, credit cards, cash register
Took phone orders
Excellent communication skills
Customer Service
Washed Dishes
Opened/Closed the restaurant
Learned how to use different machines and work as a waitress
cashier duties, cooking, and closing of the store (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAMay 19, 2017
I not only worked at the front in Papa Gino's but I also worked in the kitchen making the food. Another thing I did there was waitress and deliver foods and drinks to our customers.
Messy, not taken care of well
Cashier/ grill cook (Former Employee) –  Gilford, NHMay 16, 2017
Doesn't really value employees, raises are very hard to get, not a great work enviroment, rude, messy, wouldn't work here again. Has potential to be better
Good people, good food, meh management.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 15, 2017
The job itself is and can be good and fun. The team is great. however, customers can be rude and obnoxious. management is the only main complaint. most managers are lazy and or rude. pay is meh as well.
Pros
discount on breaks
Cons
management, customer complains, not enough pay.
A great work place
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMay 13, 2017
The workplace culture was good. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast a shift ended. I disliked closing the store. Management ran smoothly. An over all great experience.
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 13, 2017
This was a company I joined just getting back in the work force after raising my family.it was a great experience.The people, the training, the enthusiasm was wonderful. Hard workers are recognized and given advancement.
Pros
Good coprate training
Fun place to work
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 8, 2017
A typical workday can vary from being really busy to being really slow and back. You get to learn copious skills. Also, your teams man ship becomes better with time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No free lunches
ok place to work
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 4, 2017
this job was ok for a first job ,only wish they had more reasonable scheduling ,and wish there were more benefits for part timers and not just shift leaders
Pros
discount on food
Cons
busy periods with not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Gino's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9