Papa Gino's Employee Reviews in United States

I startrd out as a Associate Manager. I worked my way up to become a General Manager.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 17, 2015
The job was very challenging. I learned a lot of the business management I never knew about before. There were very long hours that I had to endure. This was the hardest part of the job. The weeks were sometimes 80+per/wk. They had healthcare,401k,and profit sharing. Management were able to eat for free also. I had left because there was no room for advancement at the time so, I moved on.
Boring, Annoying, liars
Cook (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2016
The management team promised me a promotion over a year ago, and I still have not gotten it. They expect full time availability and still only give twenty hours. I have requested at least thirty a week, and I have been getting less and less. They never give requested days off. I've requested eight days since I started, and they only gave me one of them off. The rest of the staff is lazy and causes a lot of drama. Extra work seems to go unnoticed, until you stop doing it. Honestly, the best art about this job is dealing with the customers, and anyone who has worked in retail or in a restaurant will understand. Also, a lot of times, whether it is busy or not, I will not get a break even when it is required. And then the GM gets mad about all the hours that get added.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Hours not ideal for a working parent.
Restaraunt Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 26, 2016
Hours not ideal for a working parent. Would be better if hours were consistent every week to be able to plan a schedule for your children.
Fun workplace to work with great co-workers
Pizza chef (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work with okay management. You're not always guaranteed the same amount of hours every week. Pay is very low and some of the cooperate bosses are very rude.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, rude cooperate bosses, no hours
learning experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
I learned a lot such as inventory and management skills. It was easy for me to pick up things because I am a people person. I enjoyed the experience it gave me.
Worked little hours and disrespectful people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 9, 2016
Learned how to cook and deal with customers
The hardest part was dealing with the heat near the grill
The co-workers picked who to be nice to and most were rude
Random hours, I usually got very few
Pros
got to take home food if nobody picked it up
Cons
50% off food ONLY if it was under $10, terrible hours
Not a bad job
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJanuary 14, 2016
I liked working for this company when i was a kid, it was fun and learned a lot. Very hard to have a career with them though and very difficult to move up n the stores.
Productive and family oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 30, 2016
Most days working are easy, the hardest part is keeping team members busy when it is slow. Over the years I've learned that in a company like this you need to work for what you want. The most enjoyable part for me is the guest experience.
Plymouth is the only good location I've seen yet.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Poorly run company, but has some good locations. The training restaurants are where you want to be. Most other GM's could care less about their job or the fact that you want somewhat of a life outside of work.
Fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 19, 2016
I learned to calmly work in very stressful situations. Although sometimes management wasn't how it was supposed to be the average day would run smoothly.
Pros
great people, discount on food
Cons
awful hours
papa ginos manager
MANAGER PAPA GINOS (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 23, 2016
this is a great place to work if you are a manager. i learned great customer service skills and interpersonal skills here.
Pros
free food
Cons
not many breaks
old management was better
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 22, 2015
Old management was better to work for they cared about their people and customers. New management cares more about profit and doesn't seem to care as much about the people. I learned a lot from working here.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the ownership
Great people, not great opportunities
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 12, 2012
Working at Papa Gino's is typical of any food/retail industry job, can be a very highly stressful work environment when business is booming. The location I work at is in the biggest city in New Hampshire, so we are one of the busiest locations in the district. Some of the managers I work with treat this job as if it's a free pass to get out of doing nothing, just because their green shirt says manager. I find this to be an inconvience to getting things done efficiently. That is probably the most difficult part of the job, picking up their slack. The rest of my coworkers make the job somewhat enjoyable though, and it can be a great environment to work in.
Pros
friendly work envronment, food compensation
Cons
high stress environment, management needs work
fun environment, great people
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 7, 2014
My coworkers were nice to work with. I made some great friends there throughout the years. I enjoyed being friendly with the guests and cooking for them. My goaI was to make the best quality product, provide the best quality service for the guests, and to also achieve our main goal as a restaurant to satisfy the guests, resolve any problems, and to keep them as our guests.
Pros
free meals, friendly coworkers, fun working environment.
Cons
the company failed to keep their promise of advancement, pay increase and my full time status and benefits.
Loved the coworkers, hated the corporation.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 25, 2015
Those chosen to work at the restaurant were incredibly friendly and warm. I quickly became friends with my coworkers. However, corporate enforces rules and morals that I do not agree with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly coworkers
Cons
minimum pay, corporate inconsideration
What I think of my time with Papa Gino's
Delivery Driver, Cook (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MaineOctober 2, 2013
Papa Gino's is a great place to eat and enjoy family time but I have found that in working for their company that there are no benefits and little possibility to move up in the company. I did enjoy working with the staff but there was a lot of animosity with the teen employees that was hardly ever dealt with. Working as a team was always great. We always seemed to get the orders out in a timely manner even if we were busy and if there was an issue we fixed it and kept the customer pleased. I enjoyed being there and meeting new people learning new things as well; like how to toss the pizza dough and show the kids when then came in. I had fun working with my co-workers and miss seeing them on a regular basis.
Pros
it was a job; income to support my kids. this was good for a single mom like myself.
Cons
the animosity with the teenage employees.
Good people in field but corporate doesn't care about anyone
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 9, 2015
Used to be a company that cared about its people but past year or so has become a place where you cannot trust anyone. Restaurant personnel are hard working and care.
Loved working with the restaurant team members and guests, who are passionate about product that is great by they way.
Just a shame to see the quick shift on the downward slope
Pros
Hard working people who care in the restaurants; food is awesome; training for management top notch
Cons
Top management only interested in profit w no concern for excuses
Local managers were not professional
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 13, 2015
Learned restaurant business from the ground level. Typical day included arriving on time and prepared to enter orders and make deliveries. Hardest part of the job was finding delivery locations at night even with GPS. I enjoyed and had a good relationship with the people I worked with.
Pros
Good work crews
Cons
Managers not professional
Everyone was friendly and professional.
Opener/Closer, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 28, 2013
.Three people prepare food before opening the doors for the public. The manager for the work day gives me the empty deposit bags to get the money from the bank to use for the day. Learned how to cook my own meals for break or lunch. The management was professional everyday. Had gotten along well with all the co-workers everyday. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done before opening the doors. Enjoyed being around people.
Pros
having great health and dental benefits.
Cons
had to pay a deposit on meals.
Overall fun work place, very fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAApril 2, 2015
The work environment of Papa Gino's was great as well as the management team. While working there I had many responsibilities which I enjoyed very much. I also learned a lot about the restaurant business well training to become a shift supervisor like, safe food handling and preparation, maintaining a clean restaurant to OSHA standards, taking daily inventory of supplies in the store, assuring costumer satisfaction and completing daily paperwork.
Pros
Free food, Great hours, Advancement opportunities, Lots of responsability
Cons
Low income, Short breaks