Papa Gino's

Papa Gino's United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work enviornment
Cashier/Grill Cook (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great food/ co-workers
Cons: Difficult customers
Papa Gino's success is based on the people and the satisfaction of each guest. Committed to providing excellent guest service and exceptional product quality.
Overall fun work place, very fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free food, Great hours, Advancement opportunities, Lots of responsability
Cons: Low income, Short breaks
The work environment of Papa Gino's was great as well as the management team. While working there I had many responsibilities which I enjoyed very much. I also learned a lot about the restaurant business well training to become a shift supervisor like, safe food handling and preparation, maintaining a clean restaurant to OSHA standards, taking daily inventory of supplies in the store, assuring costumer satisfaction and completing daily paperwork.
Typical Restaurant Management
Manager (Current Employee), MassachusettsMarch 27, 2015
Exactly what you would expect from a restaurant management position, long hours, lots of night/weekend shifts. They took away the best perk of the job which was our free meals, now they only give us $6 for meal. Loved the people I worked with.
Friendly, productive work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hyde Park, MAMarch 25, 2015
On a typical day, i would take orders over the phone and or counter, help prepare, then organize the food and deliver it. I learned to manage time and priorities more efficiently. My co-workers and I helped each other when ever we could, since our objective was the same. The hardest part of the job was rushing without speeding, but I learned, mistakes waste more time than checking twice. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day and building relationships with returning customers.
Its not the greatest job in the world
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMarch 25, 2015
Its a job that anyone with a licence can do. It takes no brains at all and it pays terribly considering you have to use your own car and gas (You would think that they would pay you more considering the prices on their food). However if your trying to destroy your car and spend a quarter of your $200 biweekly paycheck on gas then I would say go for it.
Decent Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAMarch 17, 2015
It's a fast food job. Pay wasn't the best, and the job could get very hectic at times. Management was ok. I liked that they used fresh produce instead of "processed" produce.
exellent
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, MAMarch 9, 2015
they treat their workers and customers as valued indivisuals. clean and proper training is given to all workers. most of all co workers are friendly and fun to work with.
Busy job that always kept you moving.
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Concord, NHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounted food, free fountain drinks.
Cons: building was in rough shape.
Days were generally pretty busy, and you constantly had things to do. I learned a great deal of customer relations and teamwork there. My co-workers were all nice, and generally worked very hard. Some worked extra hard because of their financial circumstances, and others weren't as enthusiastic because to them it was just a summer job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled or disappointed customers, because nobody likes to hear that their work is poor quality. I greatly enjoyed getting to know my co-workers beyond their names, it almost felt like adding new friends to my list.
It was a fun workplace
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), brockton, maFebruary 3, 2015
i was a delivery driver so my day consists of driving. answering phones and cleaning the store. the coworkers were very nice and it was a great work environment. Hardest part of the job was the cleaning but i did not mind it. the best part of the job was the great environment.
Productive, friendly, and taught me a lot.
front (Former Employee), Foxborough, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: being with friends, nice managers, discounts on food
Cons: short breaks, was there late often
A typical day at my job, i would prepare and make food first. Then i would normally count down the register and all the money to prepare the register for the day. Then we would open and begin to get very busy i had to balance answering the phones, getting the register, and serving customers all at once. I learned that this was not an easy task especially on fridays, saturdays, and game days. My co-workers were awesome i had great friendships with every one of them. The hardest part of my job would probably be closing at the end of the night when i had to clean the whole dining room, do at least 3 hours of dishes and then clean the bathrooms, after a long hard busy day at work. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to spend time with my friends that were also my co-workers.
okay workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Methuen, MADecember 9, 2014
Like my coworkers and management
work was easy
and the most enjoyable part is getting to interact with the customers
Fast paced and fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MADecember 1, 2014
I have worked for the company for a total of almost two and a half years. I have done almost every job the restaurant has except management. They all offer different challenges but they are all fun to do. I enjoy being a delivery driver because it provides the hourly rate plus extra cash in hand every night. The people i work with are great and very friendly. Management is easy to work with and as long as you do what your suppose to be doing they can leave you be and do their jobs as well.
productive and fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAOctober 30, 2014
I learned most of my management skills at Papa Gino's as far as how to keep costs down for the company. I learned how to schedule people for the right stations to have a successful dinner or lunch service.
Fun and Organized Work Enviornment
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Newburyport MaAugust 19, 2014
• Carefully interviewed, selected, trained and supervised staff.
• Correctly calculated inventory and ordered appropriate supplies.
• Strategically developed effective marketing plans to increase sales and profits while managing costs.
• Actively participated in ongoing customer service programs to build sales and rapport in the community.
• Promoted a positive atmosphere and went above and beyond to guarantee each customer received exceptional food and service.
• Led and directed team members on effective methods, operations and procedures.
• Effectively managed payroll and timekeeping, including completion of the proper paperwork for new hires and terminations.
• Skillfully interacted with external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and product.
Excellent job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Walpole, MAAugust 18, 2014
Great management, great customers, and great food! Would go back to this job in a heartbeat!
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Register (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 12, 2014
Loved working for company while in school. People to work with were great and flexible
another day in the workforce
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Fairhaven, MAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: friendly employees and guests
Cons: lack of working as a team
I come in to work and there is always something to do from restocking the freezer for grill to doing a food inventory. Every night I stay on the employees making sure they answer the phones, making sure they promote our new deals and specials, to making sure our delivery times are always under 32 minutes or our daily delivery report looks bad when emailed to the district manager. the people I work with have much respect for me so they don't clown around cause I don't tolerate that when there are things needed to be done. My favorite part of the day is when I see my usual customers and I know what they want before they come in so in ten minutes or less its ready for them to enjoy.
great starter job
(seasonal), Server and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, MEJuly 8, 2014
Worked here for one season. Was an okay job. not much room for advancement.
fun environment, great people
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Auburn, MAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free meals, friendly coworkers, fun working environment.
Cons: the company failed to keep their promise of advancement, pay increase and my full time status and benefits.
My coworkers were nice to work with. I made some great friends there throughout the years. I enjoyed being friendly with the guests and cooking for them. My goaI was to make the best quality product, provide the best quality service for the guests, and to also achieve our main goal as a restaurant to satisfy the guests, resolve any problems, and to keep them as our guests.
Not the best.
Barback/Dishwasher (Current Employee), CTJune 28, 2014
Pros: 50% reduced meal
Cons: 1 meal period even if you work a 12 hour shift
I have not been very Satisfied Financially from the job I work 3 hours a week and have been asking for a Hour increase since I started working. Management is not very helpful with some employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Papa Gino's

At Papa Gino's, we recognize that our success is based on our people and the satisfaction of our guests. We are committed to providing – Read more

Papa Gino's Photos