Papa Gino's Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible management, all employees feel expendable.
Bench Cook (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 3, 2016
I use to love working for Papa Gino's, but over the past few months it has dramatically changed. Management makes you feel useless and expendable, it isn't not a clean working environment, and all of the employees are not nice. The only part of my day that i enjoyed, was bringing the customers the food that I prepared and watching them smile and enjoy it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Going downhill fast
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 22, 2016
This company that I have given 25 years of my life to, has fallen off the rails. They have gotten away from their core philosophies. They have messed with their #1 product, their pizza, and the quality has suffered greatly. The quality of upper management has gone way down hill and they have weeded out most of the ties to the past successful company that hey once were.
Great time
Papa Ginos crew member (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJune 2, 2016
From taking in orders, picking up phone calls, making dishes, and making pizzas i was always on my toes and always busy multi tasking
Great place to work with advancement opportounities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, MAJune 1, 2016
advancement opportunities
fast paced environment
task oriented people with a drive for success
easy to learn tough to master. Builds character and life skills. personal and professional relationships.
Pros
benifets
Cons
work life balance
It was a nice job to have as a first job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAMay 31, 2016
i worked there for 3 years and I loved the original manager amd all of the employees I grew close with some of them outside of work we would all have a close bond. The new manager that got hired was rude. im glad i stopped working there when I had the chance to leave.
Boring, Annoying, liars
Cook (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2016
The management team promised me a promotion over a year ago, and I still have not gotten it. They expect full time availability and still only give twenty hours. I have requested at least thirty a week, and I have been getting less and less. They never give requested days off. I've requested eight days since I started, and they only gave me one of them off. The rest of the staff is lazy and causes a lot of drama. Extra work seems to go unnoticed, until you stop doing it. Honestly, the best art about this job is dealing with the customers, and anyone who has worked in retail or in a restaurant will understand. Also, a lot of times, whether it is busy or not, I will not get a break even when it is required. And then the GM gets mad about all the hours that get added.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
papa ginos manager
MANAGER PAPA GINOS (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 23, 2016
this is a great place to work if you are a manager. i learned great customer service skills and interpersonal skills here.
Pros
free food
Cons
not many breaks
Productive work environment that is up-tempo
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 16, 2016
A typical day of work as a delivery driver at Papa Gino's consists of dispatching deliveries, delivering orders to customers, folding boxes for the restaurant, filling ice, stocking soda, and helping other employees at their food stations. I learned many leadership skills while at Papa Gino's on how to communicate within the team and how to work with the team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, people call out often.
Productive and family oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 30, 2016
Most days working are easy, the hardest part is keeping team members busy when it is slow. Over the years I've learned that in a company like this you need to work for what you want. The most enjoyable part for me is the guest experience.
Fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 19, 2016
I learned to calmly work in very stressful situations. Although sometimes management wasn't how it was supposed to be the average day would run smoothly.
Pros
great people, discount on food
Cons
awful hours
Worked little hours and disrespectful people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 9, 2016
Learned how to cook and deal with customers
The hardest part was dealing with the heat near the grill
The co-workers picked who to be nice to and most were rude
Random hours, I usually got very few
Pros
got to take home food if nobody picked it up
Cons
50% off food ONLY if it was under $10, terrible hours
Hours not ideal for a working parent.
Restaraunt Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 26, 2016
Hours not ideal for a working parent. Would be better if hours were consistent every week to be able to plan a schedule for your children.
learning experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
I learned a lot such as inventory and management skills. It was easy for me to pick up things because I am a people person. I enjoyed the experience it gave me.
Plymouth is the only good location I've seen yet.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Poorly run company, but has some good locations. The training restaurants are where you want to be. Most other GM's could care less about their job or the fact that you want somewhat of a life outside of work.
Not a bad job
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJanuary 14, 2016
I liked working for this company when i was a kid, it was fun and learned a lot. Very hard to have a career with them though and very difficult to move up n the stores.
I startrd out as a Associate Manager. I worked my way up to become a General Manager.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 17, 2015
The job was very challenging. I learned a lot of the business management I never knew about before. There were very long hours that I had to endure. This was the hardest part of the job. The weeks were sometimes 80+per/wk. They had healthcare,401k,and profit sharing. Management were able to eat for free also. I had left because there was no room for advancement at the time so, I moved on.
Loved the coworkers, hated the corporation.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 25, 2015
Those chosen to work at the restaurant were incredibly friendly and warm. I quickly became friends with my coworkers. However, corporate enforces rules and morals that I do not agree with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly coworkers
Cons
minimum pay, corporate inconsideration
old management was better
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 22, 2015
Old management was better to work for they cared about their people and customers. New management cares more about profit and doesn't seem to care as much about the people. I learned a lot from working here.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the ownership
Local managers were not professional
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 13, 2015
Learned restaurant business from the ground level. Typical day included arriving on time and prepared to enter orders and make deliveries. Hardest part of the job was finding delivery locations at night even with GPS. I enjoyed and had a good relationship with the people I worked with.
Pros
Good work crews
Cons
Managers not professional
Fun workplace to work with great co-workers
Pizza chef (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work with okay management. You're not always guaranteed the same amount of hours every week. Pay is very low and some of the cooperate bosses are very rude.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, rude cooperate bosses, no hours

2.9