Papa John's
1,759 reviews

Papa John's Employer Reviews

Very productive and fun environment
Phones/Cashier (Former Employee), Cordova, TNNovember 22, 2014
A typical day will be filled with working hard but having a great time with co-workers and customers. I learned how wonderful it was to work with great people. The management worked with their employees when issues came up. The hardest part of the job is working with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you met.
delivery driver
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 21, 2014
its a pizza joint with lazy employees and bad management, but the tips from the customers was good
Productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Hanover, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: working for tips
Cons: burning through a lot of gas
A typical day at work would include running deliveries, helping with the make line, keeping the store clean, and assisting customers. My coworkers are great and make the job enjoyable.
Productive work place
Driver (Current Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 21, 2014
At times it is fun to be here and then, like any other job, it is not. Management is easy to get along with and they work with my home life as much as possible. I go in any time that I am needed, therefore, I am usually scheduled to work 6 days a week. The main bad thing is the way the pay is set. For every hour that I am driving my pay is $4.40 an – more... hr plus my tips, $1.00 per pizza that is delivered and while in the store my pay is $7.25. They do not have a problem with scheduling OT if needed and I do no have a problem working it when scheduled or asked. – less
fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Laurens, SCNovember 20, 2014
I started out as a cashier. Then I gradually learned all of the other positions. I then became a shift leader. It was a fun job. It helped me gain customer service experience and also experience completing inventory, which was something I had never done prior.
fun
Crew Member/ Driver (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2014
great place to work with a team, fun experience as a college student
Energetic, fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Medina, OHNovember 19, 2014
A general day at Papa Johns would include, getting the store ready. Food prep, running to the bank, starting the computer systems, and counting the drawers and safe. Customer service is key when it comes to any job, so being prepped and ready to go in important. You prepare for you lunch and dinner rush, with food prep, more employees coming in and – more... cleaning up the store. The days ends with cleaning the store, putting away food, inventory, cash counting and closing the computer system. Papa Johns had a great management staff, and all the employees seemed to enjoy coming to work. – less
Worst Job Ever
Team Shift Lead (Former Employee), Loxahatchee, FLNovember 19, 2014
This job is so absurdly bad you cannot begin to comprehend it unless you have worked there as a manager
Very nice coworkers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Palmyra, VANovember 19, 2014
Making pizza was always fun and easy. My coworkers liked their job and took their work seriously which made it easier for me. I would work about 3 hours each day making pizza, folding boxes, and collecting money.
Great employees
Delivery Driver, Food Preparation (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZNovember 19, 2014
Pros: ok money
Cons: hard on your car
Great environment,fun place to work,great co-workers,management was great,good training
Amazon
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Harrison, TNNovember 18, 2014
Fast paced working place.
A lot of people.
Repetitive work.
Productive work environment
Customer Service, Cook, Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work I would prep the doe and prepare pizzas as they were ordered. As a employee I learned how to properly make pizzas, take orders and cashier experience. The hardest part of my job was on saturdays when the rush hit and orders were backed up. The most important part of my job was customer satisfaction.
Decent fist job
Closing Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hesperia, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: great for drivers, and tips in pocket at the end of each night
Cons: hours are usually 4 to 6 hour shifts, and often work 5 to 6 days a week and always on holidays.
Managers tend to be uptight when orders get slammed. Easy job, nice to get in and out of the building as a driver. Time goes by rather quickly.
amazing experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lansdowne, PANovember 17, 2014
new job opportunities and leadership courses within the company. best job i've ever had
easy going taskforce
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you could make your own food how you wanted it.
Labor was typically divided evenly and once you learn how to perform one task your generally encouraged to learn the next one.
Properly Executing the procedures for a succesful day
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Eden, NCNovember 17, 2014
Overseeing 15 plus employees making sure they do their job and ensuring a customer satisfaction everyday.
Management skills.
Co-workers did their jobs very good.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.
Most enjoyable was making pizza for the customers.
Good High School Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Alhambra, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: not enough hours
Make Pizzas
Take care of customers
Close as assistant manager
Answer customer complaints
Take deliveries
Fun workplace with no compensation for personal costs.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2014
Cons: ever shifting schedule
This company was fine to work for but they wouldn't properly compensate employees for costs of working for them.
Productive work place
Delivery Driver/Team Member (Former Employee), Fullerton, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: making a lot of money in tips
Cons: no benefits, wasting gas
Enjoyed my time there would go into work and deliver pizzas and complete any assigned secondary's.
I learned how to work in a team environment and how to top a proper pizza,
The management aside from the General Manager was outstanding really enjoyed there ways of running the store.
Nothing really to Difficult about the job. Getting nice tips was pretty – more... enjoyable. – less
A great environment to develop multitasking skills.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbia, MissouriNovember 14, 2014
I had worked for Papa John's for several years and overall found the workplace to be busy and fast-paced, something that helps one build upon their ability to work hard and maintain balance simultaneously. It was a great stepping stone toward future jobs that require such approach.

1 2 3 4 5

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more