Papa John's
1,861 reviews

Papa John's Employer Reviews

Deliver Driver (Current Employee), Greenwood, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free samoles of new products, great tips occasionally.
Cons: sometimes tips are small or non-existant
I enjoy working here. A typical day would be me delivering to 6-10 customers at least. I learned how the pizzas are made and about new products
Productive fast paced enviorment
Instore/Cashier (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day for me at papa johns was very fast paced and busy. The second I would walk I could already tell it was going to be a busy day. I would hop on the make line and get started. I actually enjoyed this job because it was very busy and I was constantly working. I am very good at fast paced jobs. when it would slow down we would have to stock up the make line and clean up before it started to get busy again. Sometimes I would work the cash register but not to often because I was very good at making pizzas without any mistakes.
Completely depends on your delivery area
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), glendale azJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free pizza, spend a good deal of time in your car
Cons: need a car, bad bosses, bad tippers
Good part time job if you don't mind destroying your car for a few bucks. You can make good money if you work in a high tipping area. Or you can get robbed and lose money to gas in a bad neighborhood.
Papa Johns is a fun place to work
In Store Team Member (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, North CarolinaJanuary 27, 2015
Provided excellent customer service
Assisted customers in placing food orders
Train new employees on policies and procedures
Prepared orders for customers
Complete inventory on nightly basis
Supervise store and employees
Fun but not enough to survive.
Manager- Supervisor (Former Employee), Centreville, VAJanuary 26, 2015
They do not appreciate employees or pay them well.
They do not advance your pay often.
They do not increase your status often.
They do not give you much say in your hours.
Most horrible job I have ever had
In-store (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Working here was an experience, I took this job so I can have some extra cash while in High school. The time I was working there I managed the cash register, took customers orders and applied them to the computer, made and delivered their orders while working as a team. The management was horrible, there was never one set manager. I ended up quitting because they were not giving me enough hours and I was spending more in gas than I was getting in my paycheck.
Difficult
Customer Service/Team Member (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Working here was not all what I thought it would be. It was fun at times but then it became a chaotic and stressful place. I dealt with disrespectful customers and staff. I wasn't able to branch out as much as I would've liked and I also felt that my work ethic was being taken for granted. I would never work at this specific establishment ever again.
Loved being a driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Plenty of work, especially in a college town. Management was great, coworkers were happy to share in all the deliveries. Made a decent amount of tips on weekends, and of course you get to meet all kinds of people delivering food.
PIZZA LIFE!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: no drug tests so you can stay high all the time
Cons: no drug tests so everyone is high all the time.
This job will over take your life. You no longer have friends or family outside of Papa Johns. Every minute you are alive is devoted to meaningless toil and unpaied trips to other stores, no gas reimbursement and unpaied over time (you WILL get yelled at and asked to work off the clock if you are close to overtime). No health bennies even for full time workers (even though thats against the law now, Papa John found a way around that). And if you get robbed you must pay back the store of all cash was taken from you from your own pockets, then they fire you. For 6 years they were my only family and friends, it's not worth it. I've been shot at, stabbed, chased down all over pizza. Not. Worth. It. Oh yeah, and all for $4.90 an hour. 80 hours of work (2 weeks) came out on my paycheck as 300$.
Crowded Workplace for Hardworkers
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free food, great management, exciting atmosphere
Cons: infrequent and short breaks, disorganized, unclean
I worked for Papa John's at the Georgia Dome through a program provided through my high school marching band, which made it to where students that were at least fifteen years old could work at the Georgia Dome whenever there were events. The total amount of money that we earned was then split up between every person that volunteered and deposited into our band accounts to help pay for our dues. I mention this to say that there was no fixed salary or earning opportunities. I typically made about $35 for an 8 hour shift, but I once received $70 for an event that few people worked at. The best part of my job was that I was able to work with my friends, the management were friendly and hilarious, and it was fast-paced. The worst parts about the job were long shifts with few breaks, the crowd, the lack of cleanliness, and the inconsistent pay.
Good if you need money bi-weekly
Machine operator (Former Employee), Graham, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: late nights
Very easy going company, very efficient labor operation, overtime is promised every week if willing to work
Very fun job and awsome management
Shift manager (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun job that allowed growth and new opportunity
Cons: dont give raises often at all, it takes years and years to get one
This job was my very first job. I made pizzas, prepped food, delivered food, I was a shift manager so i ran shifts, I was in charge of the crew working. I did all of it and I really enjoyed that. I enjoyed being a shift manager and learning management skills. I had to take a class in medford and takes tests in order to become one, but i enjoyed all of that. I liked being challenged and learning new things. The management was very encouraging and supportive of the indivual wanting to learn and grow, and they would always show us new ways how.
.i loved this job
assistant manager (Former Employee), Venice, FLJanuary 22, 2015
.this was the best job i have ever had i started as a cook left as the assistant manager i love people and making a great product that customers enjoy and making a great environment for my employees to work in
Life of a Driver
Driver (Current Employee), Wood River, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
I am a delivery driver. I use this as a second source of income. I have cleaning task and other responsibilities. I enjoy my co-workers, and the fun easy going atmosphere. Ive learned that customers are always right.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad hours
• Managed and operated multiple locations with up to eight employees
• Responsible for the daily operations of restaurant to include opening and closing, inventory, and supervision of daily business operations
• Maintained cleanliness of restaurant facility using the 3 step cleaning method also trained and motivated employees in customer service, outside delivery and in store orders on all aspects of food preparation and hygiene care
Great 1st job!
Shift leader (Current Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off all of your food orders.
Cons: short breaks, no weekends off, no advancement/promotions.
Papa Johns is a great place to work for a first job. Its a fun yet challenging environment. You have to be able to multitask. There is so much going on at once (Phones ringing, customers waiting, oven tending, dough to be made and pizzas to be made). I learned how to deal with upset/angry customers. I learned how to work the cash register and handle money properly. The hardest part of the job is when we're busy and shorthanded. There is just simply to much work to be done with little to no help. The best part of the job however is its an overall good job and is a perfect first job because it will teach you many things you need to learn in order to work and keep a job.
Great job to match up with time for college.
Delivery Driver / Server (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts on meals, flexible hours, not boring..
Cons: low pay, poor benefits
On a typical day of work I will prepare the store for business in rush hours, take customers orders, make the orders, and deliver the orders. I learned a good bit in customer service, and training new workers. The management is a little difficult because a lot of the people working as managers don't have a lot of work history and there is a high turnover rate, co workers are about the same. Hardest part of work is dealing with the high turnover rate. Most enjoyable part of the job is the easily adjustable schedule..
Job
delivery driver (Former Employee), Middleburg, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
I worked as a delivery driver delivering the pizzas to the customers. When delivering pizza I had to make sure I was there on time and the times when I was a little late I was able to deal with irate customers and talk to them and make them happy.
The job gets old after awhile
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free pizza
Cons: wear and tear on car
The papa johns store is not a bad work place at all the only bummer is you have to use your own car which puts a lot of wear and tear on your. The tips are alright unless you go to Utica then not so much.
Fast workplace, with a fun but fast work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bladensburg, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: learning something new, co workers, and energy
Cons: healthcare, benefits
A normal day would begin with calculating, pre-prepping food according to daily charts, and team shift meetings according to day to day chart. This job taught me the values of teamwork, and work place organization. Along with cleanliness, work delegation, and self responsibility. Co-workers and employees worked just as hard, so disagreements, discipline notices, and work acknowledgement came according to co-workers and employees quality in the workplace. Hardest part of the job the job was call outs, holidays, and events, due to customer volume, and food orders. Best part of the job was the customer reviews, and job acknowledgements/accomplishments.

1 2 3 4 5

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more