Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

great starting out job to get used to people and co workers.
Crew Member/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDFebruary 5, 2016
come to work in uniform. being out dough from yesterday thats risen and start flattening. then go home. the coworkers are for the most part friendly.
Pros
you get free food sometimes
Cons
no lunch sometimes, never know when you will be let off, rushing then sitting all day.
this is fast on your feet job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2016
when your out on the make line you have to think quick and be a good team player at the back of the house there is never a dull moment the is always dishes to do and cleaning that needs to be done
Pros
good employes
Cons
little pay
A good place for students
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
The tasks are not to difficult and the work load is light.
a good way for students to make some extra cash.
no health benefits and few hours make it hard for individuals to live on their own with this payment.
awesome evironment and people.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 20, 2016
You move around non stop and are contently doing something. I really didn't learn anything new besides sheeter and ovens. The management was great they treated to you like you belong and they are just awesome people. My co-workers are good they know how to work with you to get the job done right. I would say the hardest part would be trying to do two things at once. An example would be being in the middle of a rush and seeing that people are having problems but you really can't help them because your making orders and putting pizza's in the oven. The environment is the most enjoyable part just meeting the people i have. I can't get enough of that place.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
can't be in two places at once
Productive and fun work place
Basic Manager (Current Employee) –  2805 Marconi AvenueJanuary 18, 2016
My responsibilities includes prepping ingredients as well as book keeping. This has been a great place to work while furthering my education in Business Management.
Needs better management.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 14, 2016
The store isn't run as efficiently as it used to be. It takes longer for pizzas to be made and there is to much drama that goes on there.
papa murphys
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 13, 2016
Cleaning constantly. maintaining food requirements. customer orders specific to the type of pizza they were getting.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2016
My first job after graduating from high school, different hard at first but then I was being recommended to be a shift manager but left because i left for college. Worked with older people and was able to understand how it is to work hard and efficient.
Pros
Got stuff done no questions asked
Cons
No relationships with my co-workers very boring
Great for high schoolers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJanuary 10, 2016
This place is great is you are looking for simple part-time work. Not for me though. No management to run the store; all associates. Ninety percent of employees are female; talkative. The hardest part of the job was working in this place knowing that things could be run better. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with food. I one day want to run my own food business. Just not this poorly.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No management.
i will never work for papa murphys ever again
Crew member / shift leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 6, 2016
i did not enjoy working here. during my time there i had 5 different managers and everytime i got a new manager i constantly was told that what the previous manager had taught me was wrong.
everyone was family
shift supervisor/ assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 3, 2016
show up, make pizzas while helping customers figure out what they want. Cleaning on any down time. I was shift supervisors I would give out chores and direct the employees through rushes, I also closed every night I worked so I would count down draws and put money in the safe.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
manager didn't know what she was doing
fun great starter job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 3, 2016
very fun environment great first job. When you get very busy you must keep a level head don't let the stress get to you or you will mess up. But in every job there is training and plenty of others to share tips and tricks of the trade
Pros
fun environment great job
Easy place to work with easy going people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IADecember 24, 2015
I learned how to work in a team and how to work in a fast-paced environment. I also learned how to handle customer complaints and how to pay attention to detail.
eh
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CADecember 21, 2015
i was hired, then had to move right after. but a guy who was hired at the same time as me for the same job is now out working the sign and given so many chances as i was not
Interesting company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 20, 2015
Working for Papa Murphy's was very interesting because it was different from most pizza restaurants. I did get a fair raise and advancement in the company because of my hard work which I appreciated.
Family friendly pizza store
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 16, 2015
It was my first job, so they taught me everything I know now. I started off as a crew member, but got promoted within 7 months of working there.
Cons
short breaks, and they always cut hours
Great culture with employees and customers
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTDecember 13, 2015
During the day we prep all products. Dough, cheese, and vegetables.

During the night we make all pizzas fresh to order with a lot of interaction during sales process with customers.
Pros
50% of purchases with papa murphys
Cons
work all evenings and weekends
fun place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 10, 2015
papa murphy's is a fun place to work. you get to meet a lot of people, you get discounts on your pizza orders, hours are flexible very good for college students or high school students.
Pros
flexible hours, discounts on store purchases
Cons
working with teenagers
Worst place to work
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 10, 2015
Management was very angry and disrespectful of others wishes. Shortest breaks, lunches, etc. Co-workers seemed almost uninterested in anything that was going on. Didn't learn much that was as beneficial as I would have liked. Always neglected to give time off for work.
very productive fast paced fun environment
Shift Lead/ Dough Master (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 8, 2015
I absolutely loved working here and i wish one day i can go back and work for this company. i had the best team anyone could ask for. best co workers best boss best customers