Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer service/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYDecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed the work and eveiorment performed with the job very fast pase. Loved working with customers that came in. Would go back to the job if it was an option.
okay job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 9, 2017
A daily routine is coming in doing what needs to be done(washing dishes, sweeping, making a pizza, ect.) Learned better customer service than anywhere else. Enjoyed working there for a little while but i would not recommend any more females it's too messy with the ones they got.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
no benefits, messy management, low pay, can't get more than 40 hours/week
Nice atmosphere
Opener, Closer, Cashier, & Cook (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Papa Murphey’s. I felt welcome with open arms. I quickly learned how to adapt to fast pace jobs. I now know the importance of good customer service at a rapid pace. Throw my employment of the year and a half, I received about six salary raises.
Great co workers
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2017
Great place for high school kids! Its part time work! Great for kids that are just trying to have a little extra spending money!! They do have the best pizza i have ever tasted!!!
Friends
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 7, 2017
Co workers were like family, to this day still friends with a couple of them. Always fun environment, great team, always wanted to help each other succeed and everyone genuinely cared about each other. Great support team.
Pros
Always busy, great people, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, night shift didn't do anything for morning
It was different
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSDecember 7, 2017
Papa Murphy's was an experience that I desperately needed. From mind boggling rushes. To rude customers. Manager is laid back as long as you do your work.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, low hours.
Great part time or side job.
Evening Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CADecember 6, 2017
I put in almost three years in two different locations. Within six months of working for Papa Murphy's I was supervising the evening shift. Besides the need for more hours and cents about minimum wage pay, I enjoyed serving the customers and the fast paced rush on the busy days. It is a social job which requires compassion and patience and some good character. Made some great friends in my time working there and was generally a good time despite any drama between the crew.
Pros
Laughs, pizza, chill paced
Cons
Low pay, low hours, no tips, labour cost management.
Great Place To Work.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 4, 2017
Papa Murphy's is an amazing place to work. I have NO complaints and I've worked a lot of different jobs. The management is fair and there's definitely room for advancement. I can see myself advancing here soon and staying on the pace of more advancement. Never had a complaint with paychecks or pay. They care deeply about their employees. I've heard of instances where the owner has given a loan to help an employee out. The owner is very involved and always checking in on us. Great atmosphere, very laid back, and stress free. Only reason I'd leave at any point is of course better pay elsewhere. Apply here you won't regret it.
Pros
Great management
Professional atmoshere
SHIFT LEADER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 4, 2017
Really enjoyed working fort Pap Johns.
Would recommend to friends. Papa Johns is family oriented and stellar. A great base company for upward movement to a mangement position
Hostile work place
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WADecember 4, 2017
Papa Murphys has had poor management my entire time there. Hours were changed last minute, sent home early from a shift, forced to work out in the cold and rain with a sign. They need to hire managers with more experience. Also, breaks and lunches not given in time. Would not recommend until some changes take plce.
Pros
Discounts
Great environment Poorly run
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern MinnesotaDecember 4, 2017
Upper Management (Owners, Operations Director, and Area Manager) believes they can do no wrong and pushes blame to everyone below them. The customers and the local store employees were the reason I stayed as long as I did. Because of the way upper management acts I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Environment with customers and coworkers
Cons
Upper Management
Easy but must have patience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 4, 2017
Relaxed and easy job, however lots of drama as most employees are still in high school and this is their first job. Easy work and good people, you just have to be patient and willing to work to help others.
Stressful and unprofessional
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CADecember 3, 2017
day at work- no down time always had to be doing something, never got my break
learned- to be patient with customers, and work fast paced
management- only got hired because I was a pretty blond
hardest part of job- I was new, working with a co-worker from another location who was also new, 2 co-workers didn't show up and manager at the time didn't show up, other manager showed up an hour late
Pros
discounts
Cons
no break, understaffed, unprofessional
Laid Off
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 2, 2017
I worked with a lot of really great people at PMI but was unfortunately laid off along with 14 other people. My last manager was excellent to work with.
Fun place to work while in school
Pizza Maker and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WADecember 2, 2017
This was a really good place to work while in school. I could manage work and my school work, plus I was apart of leadership, clubs, and I played sports.
Pros
easy
Cons
no advancement
Just Okay...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEDecember 2, 2017
The job really does depend on other coworkers; for example, if someone else needs to take off or not work for a legitimate reason, youd probably get stuck there putting your life on hold for someone else AND the favor would hardly ever be returned. Poor management by store owner.
Fine if you’re a teen that doesn’t know about the logistics of a good workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 28, 2017
Terrible place, management was awful, I got paid well but not what I deserved, everyone in the Oklahoma chain is corrupt, no one cares about anything here, it’s just a group of friends and one or two other employees, there’s a 7:1 ratio of blackshirts to redshirts. The whole chain is screwed.
Pros
Free pizza whenever
Cons
Terrible environment and management
Good job for students
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 28, 2017
I worked at Papa Murphy's at the beginning of my college career and at the time it was a great fit for me. The Owner/Supervisor treated his employees really well, and it made me feel my work was appreciated. In my experience, the owner's management style is what made the work culture so enjoyable. On a typical day, work was slow or even paced in the afternoon, and then picked up the pace in the evening, but it never felt unmanageable. I learned a lot about food preparation, and managing a small team once I became a shift leader.
Pros
discounted food, flexible scheduling, reasonable shift hours
Cons
low pay, smell of pizza, washing dishes
The general manager was nice. Just a lot of drama
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 27, 2017
It wasnt a good fit for me. Too much drama and a girl I worked with got away with stuff and it wasn't fair. I couldn't handle the drama at the job and it wasn't right.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and drama
Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 26, 2017
This job had horrible hours and very unfair management, the business was slow would not recommend if ur looking for many hours typically got 13 hours a week.
Pros
Cons
bad management and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6