Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
This job is great for young adults in high school and need a flexible schedule. The employees are great and it is a fun place to work.
Fun environment, fresh hand prepared food
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVMay 21, 2016
Papa Murphy's is a fresh and innovative company with the abillity to provide a quality product to all customers. As a Shift Mgr. I was able to provide customer service as well as interact with employees. Everyday was a fun and exciting experience with customers and staff.
Pros
Accdepts food stamps
Cons
No dilivery
Shift Team Leader
Shift Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 19, 2016
-Oversees one to two employees per shift
-Handles cash
-Manages registers and prep sheets
-coworkers communicate well to get tasks done
Friendly and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 19, 2016
If you work a night shift, you're mainly working on creating pizzas, taking orders either over the phone or in person, using the cash register, answering any questions from customers (customer service), and cleaning up and closing the store. If you work a morning/day shift, you're mainly doing food prep, taking care of product orders, inventory, and occasionally creating pizzas. I've learned a lot about customer service and how to handle the not-so-nice customers while keeping calm and collected all while solving the situation/problem. I've also learned that when it comes to the food industry you have to work at a fast pace or you'll be left behind. The one big thing I've learned is that you should never think or act like you are above your superiors because they know what will help the business prosper. There's a lot of young people that work here so we're always cracking jokes and laughing all while doing our jobs. This is a good job for a teenager looking for a first job.
Pros
Fun co-workers, free pizza, breaks every shift
Cons
No benefits, low pay, not many hours
learning experience
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
it was a good job but the longer you stay there the less you get out of it. they didn't seem to mind me just doing a lot of the work and avoiding customers tho.
Pros
free pizza when less busy
Cons
no breaks, never repaired anything
Enjoyed the work, people but not the hours. No flexibility.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNMay 15, 2016
Enjoyed the work with prep and working with customers. Days are long and very little freedom to leave the store. Team members are great to work with and are hard workers. Really enjoyed the office work.
Pros
Free pizzas, working with customers
Cons
Long days and every Saturday.
Fun place to work and you walk away with lots of satisfaction
Team Member (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 12, 2016
The best thing about working at Papa Murphy's is you always get to work with lots of great people, because it is an assembly line for pizzas, so you need lots of people working at once, and there is many of jobs you can do everyday.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Short breaks
Not a great job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 10, 2016
Papa Murphy's was my first job, and really my worst one. The work was simple and easy, but the employees are horrible. They're lazy, rude and have bad managing skills and zero teamwork.
Pros
N\A
Cons
N\A
Loved working with the people...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 9, 2016
owner of this company doesnt treat his employees fair, or even appreciates them... he expects way too much with out willing to return in back. All if you do not pay close attention to your hours and track everything he will short you on your checks.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
owner is a fraud doesnt value people
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 5, 2016
A typical day on the job consists of a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning list as well as various other opening prep duties. I've learned how to be able to run every aspect of a store if needed because I've been at this job for a year and work all different shifts. The management is fantastic and my manager really works with you on your schedule or any needs or issues in the workplace. My coworkers are a team and we work together nearly seamlessly. The hardest part of the job is getting by on the pay, there isn't as much room for advancement in this store as I would like. Everything else about the job, however, I enjoy immensely, which is why I am looking for a second, part time job rather than leaving for a completely new job.
Greay First Job
Cashier/Staff (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 5, 2016
The staff is very welcoming and always ready to accept and train new employees. They are patient and can help you develop the skills you need to move further into the work force.
Papa Murphys Pizza
Crew (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT 84078May 4, 2016
When i went to work i would start my daily duties on the job and go through my shift doing whatever needed to be done. I learned more how to handle food and how to make the pizza. I did not feel the management was very good. There was not good communication. People were always goofing off and not a lot got done. The hardest part of the job was probably closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get a long well with the customers and when they loved the good service.
Life at Papa Murphy's
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXMay 2, 2016
The work wasn't too bad, the customers were great, the management wasn't that great to the employees, the owner was fine. The hardest part of the job was the drama filled day between the employees and management and the most enjoyable was the laughing we had and good times with the customers.
My Beginning
Pizza chef/ dish washer (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAApril 28, 2016
This is where my work life started. I was just out of High School at this time, I learned my first work skills and had to rely on past experiences from chores I did at home to perform the job tasks. I learned how to work as a team player and how to follow instructions in a working environment.
Pros
Good work crew and discounted food
Cons
lousy pay and no future
Cool Place
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 27, 2016
A typical day when I worked there was just going in, signing in, grabbing the sign, walking outside and I shaked the sign for 3 hours and then after my shift I went inside, signed out and went home. The hardest part of the job was when it was below freezing or hot outside. The most enjoyable part was that I got to listen to music.
Pros
Music
Cons
Really hot or cold climate
Good place to work only with experience
Team member (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 25, 2016
Good management and good co workers however this job the people will not let you simply start here with no experience. I went in with this being my first job and they said they were key at training. They fired me after 2 days, a total of 6 hours, of those 6 hours a total of 2 were actually making pizza with instruction. So they gave me no proper training and chances. The "training " I got then expect me to perfect a pizza like a god. This will be a great place to work if you have experience. But other than that. They won't give you chances if you're new. Places just simply can't train well anymore, so many requirements. Such a waste of my time. Even dropped out of other interviews just to get fired 2 days later.
Perfect for what I needed
Crew (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 24, 2016
Papa Murphy's was a great way to make ends meet while I was taking college classes. Although it was very fast paced, it was fun as well with the friendly staff.
It's ok
janitorial duties, cashier (Former Employee) –  Newberg, ORApril 23, 2016
Most people there have the same personality type. I never felt like I fit in. Everyone else was either a smoker, a stoner, had tattoos and/or piercings, ect.
It was all ok as a first job as a teenager.
Apparently it's ok to have an extra break if you're a smoker, which seems unfair. Some co-workers did not treat others properly.
Pros
you got to take home a free pizza every once in a while
Busy and productive, yet rewarding job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Emmett, IDApril 23, 2016
A fast-paced environment interacting with fun and energetic customers. What I learned from this job was that the customer is ALWAYS right. Management was well respected as well as very compensating to employees needs. Hardest part of the job was no breaks; just constantly on the go. Most enjoyable part was interacting with and pleasing the customers.
I loved this Job!
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
no breaks
Okay
Shift supervisor/assistant manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 21, 2016
This company simply no longer suited my needs. I need benefits that are not available to anyone lower than the general manager position.