Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJune 30, 2015
working morning prep,
On a typical day you get there at 8 and do nothing but sheet dough until almost 12.Then You have to make all the dough for the next day. Somedays you just turn right to doing cheese that takes another hour. If you can manage to work a break in, you get a moment to sit and watch the others do little work. Then you move to doing dishes.
There was nothing i enjoyed about this job. It wasnt worth the 7.25 i got paid.
Papa Murphy's Pizza
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off Pizzas
Cons: Can become a bad environment very easily.
Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Pizza is a really awesome company, its a franchise however so it varies from store to store, it can be a really awesome and fun experience filled with lots of important events and customer service, if owned by the right franchisee.
The bad side of it is that if it is owned by a bad franchisee then they may lack certain necessary components for the job to run smoothly, I.E. not ordering enough product, not letting proper advertisement out there to let customers know about the product and not being there to ensure the staff is doing the proper things.
This Job on a good day involves: Making Dough, Sheeting and wrapping dough, cashier, preparing pizzas, answering phones, doing dishes, sign shaking, sampling, and customer service.
If owned by a good franchisee I highly recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid to work.
This is an extremely fun job but can sometimes become repetitive.
Nice Begining Job
Closing Manager (Former Employee), Elko NVJune 15, 2015
Pros: Dinner, 50% off
A typical day at work is about a 5 hour shift. You'll have rush days and slow days. Talking with the customer while working on their line brightens up their day, making them feel appreciated and wanted. Management was great. My boss, also the store owner, was very understanding and would help you work around issues for days you couldn't work. My favorite part was when our prep woman would make cookie dough and there was extra that wouldn't fit into a container. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed on a rush day. Communicate. And everything will be okay(:
fun
Team lead (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TxJune 12, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: owner place favorites
busy under staffed, the staff was funny and nice, but have workers doing manager stuff for regular crew pay have cant call in with out chance of being fired even for just one call in
Low pay and bad hours
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Newton, KSJune 10, 2015
The management is absolutely terrible. No benefits for working here and the low pay is appalling. Raises are almost non-existent.
Very productive
Employee (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INJune 6, 2015
Making pizzas everyday is a plus. I learned how to make pizzas and prep all of the ingredients. Management was great to work with, always willing to help with whatever you need., the hardest part of the jobs is sometimes being overwhelmed with many orders at once. The best part is making pizzas.
Good starter job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: no breaks and Management sucked
Its a good starter job. The hours worked when i was in high school and the people i worked with were cool. The only down side was we didnt get breaks and the Manager was not very smart.
slow working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), junction blvd. roseville, CAJune 1, 2015
take orders and make pizzas accordingly. I learned how to get customers to keep coming back due to the comfortable service and customization . The hardest part was running the store when both managers would leave it at busy times, the most enjoyabke oart was the rest of the job.
Fun and good environment
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Columbus, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare plans, low pay
A typical day at work would include me coming in, getting dressed, and beginning to make pizzas or prepare for the day. I learned teamwork and I have perfected my customer service skills. I also have learned time-management. My managers have been very helpful in teaching me. My co-workers are really understanding and helpful. The hardest part of my job is breaking down the entire line at the end of the night. However, I find it decently easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers watch me as I am making their pizzas.
Easy job, friendly environment.
Prep/Crew (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Fun work atmosphere
When i worked at Papa Murphy's management was horrible. i was promised certain things that i did not receive. Fortunately after i left the store came to be under new management and i hear that is it much better. The hardest part of the job is when you are up front, and there is a rush. the most enjoyable part of the job, was that it was fun making pizzas and preparing everything that helped that process. It was a great first job.
Productive place to work but bad management
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: short breaks, bad management, rude customers
A typical day at work would start as soon as a customer walks in. You would greet the customer and start preparing their food.The hardest part of the job i would say is complicated orders.You have to remember not to put certain things on the pizza.It can get very busy especially around holidays such as Halloween and new years.
It is a nice place with great food. Workers are very nice to customers.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), New Prague, MNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Discounts, hours, pay.
Cons: Other crew members and rushes.
Personally, I did not get along with other coworkers. We all went to school together and there was a lot of heavy competition among them. But, the manager was great and hours were pretty nice. Pay was better too.
fun workplace with comitted employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), Erie, COMay 18, 2015
Pros: easy-going and doable
Cons: high turn-over rate
This is a fantastic first job for anybody looking. This job is not too stressful to where you feel as if it is also taking up your free hours not spent here, However, it is fast paced, so every shift goes by quite quickly. If you keep up your work and stay committed there are always things that the management will do to encourage this as well as show you their appreciation. The employees are all very nice and respectful, it is a family oriented establishment so keep on your best behavior!!
fun 1st job
Closer (Former Employee), Pasco, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: low pay and repetitive
co-workers are friendly, job is repetitive after a while, discount on pizzas and soda, managers is very helpful. and allowed to listen to music while working.
about papa murphys
Crew Member (Current Employee), Fridley, MNMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no time set break
A typical day at Papa murphys is fairly easy when i first come in i like to get stuff one but I cant get it done without a clean environment i usually clean the dishes and make everything look good then i will start to see if there any pizza will be made then after i would make sure everything is stocked and ready . From my job i learn alot such as how to deal with customers . i learn customer is always right even when they are wrong ,
Productive and family friendly place.
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMay 16, 2015
We start early in the morning on fresh inventory to use throughout the day. I've learned ALOT about customer service, sanitation, and the rules/obligations to running a team. My management was amazing! Very hands on, my boss (store owner) taught me everything from start to finish and was the first person to come in if anyone fell short. The hardest part of my job would have to be making the schedule, it was hard to spread so few hours across the employee board fairly. My coworkers were very friendly, and willing to help one another. I enjoyed managing my team because we all understood our ultimate goal.
great employer
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 11, 2015
All around a great place to work, people abd environment made it one of my favoite places to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was making cookie dough and getting along with co workers
Prepping, assembling and selling pizzas and sides.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 10, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers and being in public and meeting people
Cons: Low pay, bad hours, no beneifts
I would prep vegetables and dough for pizzas, work on the assembly line preparing pizzas and I also answered the phone for call-in orders and worked the cash registers waiting on the customers, then at night there was the clean-up and closing procedures such as counting the cash and doing a deposit drop,
Slow paced new store with hardworking people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Awesome customers
Cons: Dramatic Employees
A typical day at Papa Murphy's starts with making the dough and preparing for the day. I learned quiet a few things how to make so many different pizzas, how to make the dough, sheet the dough, every process there is I learned it. The manager is new to managing so the management isn't up to par, people get away with too much because of favoritism. As for the co-workers, they need to find a medium for everyone to agree with each other. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the drama my co-workers, and not being appreciated for my hard work. The most enjoyable part was defiantly the customers everyone was so sweet and so respectful.
Productive and very friendly enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 3, 2015
I learned a lot of very important lessons on how to work as a team while i worked at Papa Murphy's.Management is always great, no matter what store you go into, co-workers are friendly and there to help if you ever need it.