Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

Great work environment.
Shift lead- Service food worker (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJune 12, 2014
Pros: you learn great people skills, memorization, cleanliness, having a smile on your face.
Cons: no health benefits, ect. working with younger people.
A typical day at work I would clock in, with my uniform on. My responsibility as a shift lead would to start pre-making pizza crusts for later rush hours, keep the make-line clean and stocked with toppings, making sure other employees were keeping busy (dishes, sweeping, ect). Working at Papa Murphy's so far I've learned that I'm easy to get along with – more... and thoroughly enjoy communicating with the customers on a daily basis. I've also learned to memorize all codes for the register, and I'm able to train every new employee. My co-workers are mostly younger and in high school. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. (Handling heavy dough crusts and cheese totes) The most enjoyable part of the job was having great conversations with customers, making them feel welcome and over all happy with the experience they had. – less
NA
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Blaine, MNJune 11, 2014
Great place to work and you get to meet a lot of great people. A typical day depends on what area you are assigned to that day.
Awesome people with awesome manager
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), North Ogden, UTJune 8, 2014
Pros: fun people
Make pizza, clean floors, work on the cash register, and mop.
Fun yet complicated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARMay 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: lack of hours, no breaks, no benefits
I learned so much working here, but the lack of management was complicated to work in, everyone was telling everyone what to do and when to do it. It didn't offer benefits, and it was complicated to get a hold of the owner. I did enjoy the fact that I met some amazing new people on a daily basis and I saw people from all around the United States.
Productive, fun, humble environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2014
The work experience was great with very humble coworkers. The customers were all very friendly to an extent. Management could have been a little better.
Fun but slow paced environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 27, 2014
It was a good safe place to work but some of the people were rude.
Pizza Paradise
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2014
Pros: discounted pizza
A typical day of work depended on what shift you were working, working in the mornings typically included more prep work, getting the store ready for the evening rushes since people generally buy pizza in the evening. The evening shifts were more hectic, but in that also usually more fun and energetic. I learned a lot about customer service and what – more... working in the service industry is really like. I also learned other important things like how to create amazing customized pizzas and how to throw dough in the air. Being a part time job for a high school student it wasn't a bad place to be. – less
Fun work enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 17, 2014
I was a shift Supervisor. I worked both opening/prep shifts, as well as evening/closing shifts. I enjoyed my time working here. They were very good working with my schedule when I started working a 2nd job. All the people were nice and very friendly.
Fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Oskaloosa, IAMay 13, 2014
A good place to work to develop people skills needed to advance in careers in life. You and your co-workers will most likely develop a good friendship that will last years after working together. Hardest part of the job consists of dealing with unpleasant customers.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Troy, OHMay 13, 2014
so sad its gone now but i loved it when it was open. it always had nice people and kind workers. the manager was always so friendly and understanding of anything that happened.
Productive and Vibrant Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNMay 8, 2014
I loved coming into work and all my employees had smiles on their faces. There was never a dull moment. There was amazing teamwork all around. I learned a lot about customer service and a fast, but presentable outcome to all situations.
It was fun assembling pizza's
Crew Member (Former Employee), Saint Croix Falls, WIMay 5, 2014
Pros: free pizza for lunch.
Cons: not many comps.
A typical day would consist of prepping toppings and the dough for pizza. After that I would sheet the dough so it can be made into a pizza. I learned how to make pizza's from scratch. My co-workers were fun to work with. All in all, it was a very fun place to work.
Great launch pad
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Richfield, MNApril 29, 2014
Great place to get your feet wet with the food industry. A place where you can develop skills that will help in the long run.
Not bad for young people, not enough to live on
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2014
Was hired as supervisor, but wasn't treated like one. Worked with good people. Good job for younger crowd
Great opportunity to practice customer service and communication
Crew (Former Employee), Neosho, MOApril 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: rare discounts, inexperience management, no raise after 9 months
As a student, I worked the afternoon/night shift, completing all closing duties with one other employee. This included making pizzas and sides as customers requested, stocking all ingredients for the morning crew, running the cash register, taking call in orders, cleaning the make-line, dishes, floors, and coolers nightly, as well as counting down the – more... drawer and closing for the night.
The manager at the time lacked experience in any managing position, and was in near constant conflict with the entire crew, 2/3 of which had been there years before the new manager arrived. Crew complaints were given to the owners, but the manager was never evaluated. 9 months in, over half the original crew had either quit, or had been fired by the manager, including myself, with no reasoning given.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make various types of pizzas, as well as getting to know the customers. My co-workers and I recognized who the regulars were, and they looked forward to seeing us. My co-workers were easy to get along with, fun, and knew the difference between work and play. – less
fun place to work
Prep Cook and Pizza maker (Former Employee), fairbanskApril 18, 2014
The people that worked there where great but the management was only worried about making money not about the employees.
Fun
Team leader and shift supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this job it was fun and creative and I loved interacting and getting to know the customers. We got into the community and tried to help out as much as we could.
A great place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 16, 2014
Papa Murphy's Cleburne, TX I worked hard to get everything done, i was nice with costumers, kept a positive attitude and when i wasn't doing anything i went to the back to see what was needed to be done. I broomed the lobby and the back rooms so it would be clean and we wouldn't have to do as much work when we were about to close. I also washed dishes, – more... i help prepare the doe so it would be ready for the next day to be prepared and be put on the plates. – less
pizza
General Manager (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2014
made the customers happy! I learned great responsibilities, handling money, etc
Good first job
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Bonney Lake, WAApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management, hours
Typical day is coming in doing morning chores and then either getting all produce done or going and cutting cheese or prepping dough. Also answering phone calls

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more