Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

flexible
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sun City, CAMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work while in school, flexible with schedules and also friendly boss also easy training. would recommend for high school students.
Fun workplace, good highschool job.
Shift Lead/Food Technician (Former Employee), Harrisville, UTMarch 16, 2015
Pros: my co-workers and management
Cons: pay
-A typical day at work for me was making pizzas, customer service, and leading my crew members. I was a shift lead, I was in charge of making sure everything ran smoothly throughout the store and made sure that all customers were satisfied. If there was an unhappy customer it was my duty to help that customer out and find a solution to the problem.
Fun workspace, very positive.
Line Prep (Former Employee), Hamilton, MTMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no free foods.
A typical day at work you go in, get dressed and prepped, ask where you're needed and begin. I learned that asking for help and helping others isn't always a bad thing and is actually better that ruining something by being prideful. The management was well, and my life situation was well understood by management as well as co-workers and they worked well with helping me. The hardest part of the job was "you have time to lean you have time to clean" cause by the end of the day you've cleaned just about everything and youre just redoing things. And the most enjoyable was that our boss listened when there was an issue and removed the issue, so we had a drama less, peaceful and all around healthy work space!
Experience
Cashier and Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Oak Creek, WIMarch 6, 2015
This job was just a job I needed in high school to make money. Would not have been my first choice. I enjoyed talking to customers, but did not enjoy the food business in general.
Good Place To Start
Assistant Management (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Papa Murphy's is a very good place to start if you're looking to get into a job but not ready to commit to a career. There are a lot of different skills and lessons to be learned that can be used throughout your life-both personal and professional.
This place SUCKS to work at in Missoula, MT 3rd St
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Missoula,MTFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: co-workers, work environment, location
The people who work here are the worst stuck up snobs u will ever meet. They were so rude and insulting everyday that I worked here, surprising enough I actually lasted 2 months here!! Then I finally quit. I hate this place. DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Fast paced, high energy
Customer Service (Current Employee), Silverdale, WashingtonFebruary 17, 2015
During a typical day at work i usually start off by making pizzas if there's customers. If there are no customers I usually clean the make line, sweep or do dishes.
Very
Crew Member/Closer (Former Employee), Pasco, WAFebruary 16, 2015
After clocking in, we would just get right to work; filling in orders, making pizzas, restocking, etc. Very fun experience.
Fun place to work overall, really depends on franchise
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: half off, very flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons: management, pay, no opportunity for advancement
Typical day at work involved maintaining the store and inventory, cleaning, running the register, making pizzas, prepping food.
I learned how to deal with customers, handle complaints, take orders, up-sell, prep foods, clean, and how to provide customer service.

Lacked management. Manager lacked customer service and compassion for customers, owner hardly did anything and did not pay attention to what was going on daily. No room for advancement. Coworkers were ok. A couple were awesome, but there was too much drama between the majority of coworkers. Most locations are franchised so it's probably different with each owner.

Great first job, easy to learn, must be able to work fast.
Had lots of down time, especially during summer- which can be really nice at times, but also boring. Most of the customers were very nice. Hardly ever had a rude customer. Many came in weekly and it was fun to see them each week.
Friday nights were always very busy- everyone worked as a team which helped a lot. Teamwork is very important in all aspects of this job. It could get really busy at times, customers would get irritated, but overall, it was a great atmosphere that I really enjoyed. I would've stayed but couldn't deal with the lack of management/structure and the minimum wage pay that never went up despite higher expectations and responsibilities.
Great food and atmosphere for customers, poor working conditions and lack of compensation/benefits for employees
Shift Leader/Team Member (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on select items
Cons: long shifts with constant standing, lifting.
Papa Murphy's overall is great, from a customer standpoint. Quality ingredients, quick service, clean store, and medium priced pizza and sides. From an employee stand point, it is mediocre. Similar to any other fast food place that is apart of a franchise, there are a lot of regulations, which quickly stifle any enjoyment that make come from the work place. Every person under the 2 managers, makes no more than 50 cents above minimum wage, despite how long you have been there, how experienced you have been or what skills you may have, seemingly. Every shift, you are on your feet, moving from one place to another, with only one break (10 minute break for 4 hour shift, or 30 minute break for 5+ hour shift). You are expected to make pizzas at a certain pace, expected to do a gigantic list of tasks every shift. I personally feel that the pay you receive for this work is too low to actually "compensate" you for the work you do. This seems to be the reason why everyone under the head manager has about 1.5 years of experience or less, with maybe 60% of the work force having less than 6 months of tenure there.
Great place to work and had an outstanding work environment
Crew (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: no benefits and low pay.
I learned to operate a cashier. Learned to deal with many people at at once. Enjoyed translating for others. My co-workers were very great people. My job was not really hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people and having them leave with a smile, and when they come back they request your services.
Papa john's
Team Member (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free soda
Cons: exttrememly part time
wash dishes, prep toppings, inventory overall clearn up a lottle cashering here and there.
fun place to work for
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Sutherlin, ORJanuary 24, 2015
great place for a first job, great atmosphere If I had to do it over again i would start my first ecperience there,
Lots of interaction with new people
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Herriman UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: we get all of our own orders of pizza at 1/2 off.
Cons: this employer does not offer health care or full time.
I help prepare the pizza dough and toppings for the day. In addition to making the various items that are sold out of the grab and go area of the store. The management is excellent and they treat their employees well. My coworkers are upbeat and positive. They make work fun. The hardest part of the job is when a lot of people come into the store and I feel that I am not as fast at completing orders as other employees who have more experience than me. My most enjoyable part of the day is when I am working at my own speed to complete tasks.
Great environment and fun workplace.
manager after only three months (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2015
- My day consist of many things, including restocking all produce for the evening, running registrar, running front line, and handling any customer complaints.
- I learned how to work in a fast passe environment efficiently and effectively. Working here also helped me further develop my customer service skills.
- Are management team including myself always strived to create a positive environment for our team.
Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off merchendise
Cons: part-time shifts anywhere from 3-6 hours long.
Working with people that share a passion for their work is something that can't be replaced. Working for Pap Murphy's was by far my favorite job, and to this day remember how to prep at least 75% of their pizzas. Given the opportunity, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
hostile enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), murfreesboro tnDecember 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no breaks
cashier
management is poor
the hardest part of the job is dealing with vendors
I like my coworkers
it was a good starting job
Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 9, 2014
i loved my co workers and i loved every thing i did but thee management was bad
The customers were great, fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), Bremerton, WADecember 7, 2014
A typical day would include book work, setting up registers, prepping, opening, making pizzas, making sure the crew is doing what they are supposed to do. The employees and customers made the job fun and easy to do. The hardest part of the job was being unprepared and behind, it makes the days longer and more stressful but we always managed to make it work. The most enjoyable part of the job was WOWing the guests by making their pizzas fast and getting them out the door with a minimal wait time.
Enjoyable and family friendly
Sign Shaker (Former Employee), Meridian, IDDecember 5, 2014
My typical day at work was standing on the corner, shaking a sign. While shaking a sign on the corner is quite boring, and sometimes difficult in the heat, I still enjoyed it. I got to listen to music and dance. I also didn't have to interact with people, so sign shaking is good for people who are shy, such as used to be. I didn't really get to know any of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when it got to be really hot outside, but I did get to take breaks.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more

Papa Murphy's Salaries