Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: no breaks and Management sucked
Its a good starter job. The hours worked when i was in high school and the people i worked with were cool. The only down side was we didnt get breaks and the Manager was not very smart.
slow working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), junction blvd. roseville, CAJune 1, 2015
take orders and make pizzas accordingly. I learned how to get customers to keep coming back due to the comfortable service and customization . The hardest part was running the store when both managers would leave it at busy times, the most enjoyabke oart was the rest of the job.
Fun and good environment
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Columbus, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare plans, low pay
A typical day at work would include me coming in, getting dressed, and beginning to make pizzas or prepare for the day. I learned teamwork and I have perfected my customer service skills. I also have learned time-management. My managers have been very helpful in teaching me. My co-workers are really understanding and helpful. The hardest part of my job is breaking down the entire line at the end of the night. However, I find it decently easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers watch me as I am making their pizzas.
Easy job, friendly environment.
Prep/Crew (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Fun work atmosphere
When i worked at Papa Murphy's management was horrible. i was promised certain things that i did not receive. Fortunately after i left the store came to be under new management and i hear that is it much better. The hardest part of the job is when you are up front, and there is a rush. the most enjoyable part of the job, was that it was fun making pizzas and preparing everything that helped that process. It was a great first job.
Productive place to work but bad management
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: short breaks, bad management, rude customers
A typical day at work would start as soon as a customer walks in. You would greet the customer and start preparing their food.The hardest part of the job i would say is complicated orders.You have to remember not to put certain things on the pizza.It can get very busy especially around holidays such as Halloween and new years.
It is a nice place with great food. Workers are very nice to customers.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), New Prague, MNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Discounts, hours, pay.
Cons: Other crew members and rushes.
Personally, I did not get along with other coworkers. We all went to school together and there was a lot of heavy competition among them. But, the manager was great and hours were pretty nice. Pay was better too.
fun workplace with comitted employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), Erie, COMay 18, 2015
Pros: easy-going and doable
Cons: high turn-over rate
This is a fantastic first job for anybody looking. This job is not too stressful to where you feel as if it is also taking up your free hours not spent here, However, it is fast paced, so every shift goes by quite quickly. If you keep up your work and stay committed there are always things that the management will do to encourage this as well as show you their appreciation. The employees are all very nice and respectful, it is a family oriented establishment so keep on your best behavior!!
fun 1st job
Closer (Former Employee), Pasco, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: low pay and repetitive
co-workers are friendly, job is repetitive after a while, discount on pizzas and soda, managers is very helpful. and allowed to listen to music while working.
about papa murphys
Crew Member (Current Employee), Fridley, MNMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no time set break
A typical day at Papa murphys is fairly easy when i first come in i like to get stuff one but I cant get it done without a clean environment i usually clean the dishes and make everything look good then i will start to see if there any pizza will be made then after i would make sure everything is stocked and ready . From my job i learn alot such as how to deal with customers . i learn customer is always right even when they are wrong ,
Productive and family friendly place.
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMay 16, 2015
We start early in the morning on fresh inventory to use throughout the day. I've learned ALOT about customer service, sanitation, and the rules/obligations to running a team. My management was amazing! Very hands on, my boss (store owner) taught me everything from start to finish and was the first person to come in if anyone fell short. The hardest part of my job would have to be making the schedule, it was hard to spread so few hours across the employee board fairly. My coworkers were very friendly, and willing to help one another. I enjoyed managing my team because we all understood our ultimate goal.
great employer
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 11, 2015
All around a great place to work, people abd environment made it one of my favoite places to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was making cookie dough and getting along with co workers
Prepping, assembling and selling pizzas and sides.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 10, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers and being in public and meeting people
Cons: Low pay, bad hours, no beneifts
I would prep vegetables and dough for pizzas, work on the assembly line preparing pizzas and I also answered the phone for call-in orders and worked the cash registers waiting on the customers, then at night there was the clean-up and closing procedures such as counting the cash and doing a deposit drop,
Slow paced new store with hardworking people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Awesome customers
Cons: Dramatic Employees
A typical day at Papa Murphy's starts with making the dough and preparing for the day. I learned quiet a few things how to make so many different pizzas, how to make the dough, sheet the dough, every process there is I learned it. The manager is new to managing so the management isn't up to par, people get away with too much because of favoritism. As for the co-workers, they need to find a medium for everyone to agree with each other. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the drama my co-workers, and not being appreciated for my hard work. The most enjoyable part was defiantly the customers everyone was so sweet and so respectful.
Productive and very friendly enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 3, 2015
I learned a lot of very important lessons on how to work as a team while i worked at Papa Murphy's.Management is always great, no matter what store you go into, co-workers are friendly and there to help if you ever need it.
Fun Entry Level Job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 26, 2015
Pros: Works with school schedule
Cons: low pay
It is a very simple, yet involved job. There is much that needs to be done on a daily basis. Cleanliness and sanitation is of utmost importance.

Being a supervisor, I have learned various things. These include handling the cash register, dropping nightly cash, handling phone orders, customer service, daily food preparation, cleaning, training other employees, and being a role model.

It is a franchise managed somewhat unprofessional by a single owner. He is a good man and helps a lot regarding school schedules and availability, but goes about issues the wrong way.

The hardest aspect of this job is handling customer complaints and issues, even if you know they are wrong. Keeping cool is very important and sometimes very hard. However, it must be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a lot of freedom. We have a fair choice of music. We can also choose how to go about certain things. If we can find a way to complete a task more efficiently, we have the freedom to try new things.
Poor upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 26, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: poor management by upper.
The owner of the store was hardly there and the manager was afraid to manage. I had to be the "bad guy" when it came to the employees while the manager just wanted to be seen as a friend.
Productive workplace with a rockstar crew
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 21, 2015
Orders come quick, and guests are hungry, but with a dedicated team of workers by your side you will excel in customer service and send the customers packing happy. Day crew primarily focuses on ingredient prep and item stocking; while the night crew serves as the order-taker and pizza-maker extraordinaires. This position may be overwhelming at times, but in the end you will have developed a knack for multitasking, customer service, and teamwork.
A Difficult Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), McKinleyville, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Half off Pizza
Cons: No benefits, rough hours, small paychecks
The style of management Papa Murphy's employs is very statistic-based. They are trying to maximize profits by identifying every input possible. This leads to feeling like a number, and feeling undervalued and over worked. They also do not seem to understand how much of the employee's time they demand. I would often be working five or six days a week, but for 3 hour shifts so the hours never accumulate to much yet take up the middle of many of your days.
always productive always something to do.Nice clean work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: loved my co-workers loved staying busy
Cons: Never got my raise. Poor ownership etc..
I honestly learned a lot here the thing i learned most though was probably customer service and making quick smart decisions on my own.
productive place easy to get the hang of things
Crew member (Former Employee), Omaha, NE 68134April 6, 2015
One important thing is remembering how everything is made and listening to customers a lot of the time you're either making pizza's or cleaning up before the next rush the hardest part of the job is just working fast enough so you don't get angry customers.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more

Papa Murphy's Salaries