Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

Fun environment, Nice coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: discount is half off
Cons: breaks are short
During work we deal with a lot of customers, we great them and help them with their order as well as talk to them while we prepare their pizza. If there are no customers in the store we make sure that the store stays clean and that all the dishes are washed and put away. In the morning all the prep work is done which consists of, cutting vegetables, – more... making dough, sheeting, just preparing everything that is needed for the day. I love the coworkers I have, we all get along and it makes for a fun environment. The is not really anything that is hard about the job considering it is a pizza place. I would have to say the best thing about my job are my coworkers – less
Great Customers.
Food Prep/ Opener (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJuly 24, 2014
the customers were the ones that kept me going. Management needs some work, however, the owners were the types that listened to their employees.
Prep Food
Food prep (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CalifornaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: gratuity, co-workers, great team, hours
After my probationary period, at this company I was given the responsibility Of Opening Our store, and making sure food was in order and prepped for our morning rushes. I took inventory Of all items in stock and made sure i communicated with other supervisors to maintain FDIC standard.
food service
Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 23, 2014
it's a typical pizza place except you dont have too cook anything!
Easy job but no room for advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch as long as you eat there and great discounts
Cons: no guidance
There is no management, people run the place, there is no sense of order. You figure things out as you go. Customers can be great but sometimes they like to think they can treat workers any way they want.
Low Wages, Owner who only cares about money
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: coworkers are amazing
Cons: no breaks (even for minors), owner doesn't care
If you are looking for a laid back place with no managment this is the place for you. General managers change every other week and the owner is only out for himself. All he cares about is money. I made some amazing friends while working here, but they are the ONLY reason I stayed.
Great employees and discount.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 14, 2014
It was a fast pace environment, great employees to work with. The manager was always there and checking up on the crew members.
I worked hard for the customers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 7, 2014
Pros: customers, good discounts
Cons: owners, pay
The pay isn't too great. I've had good managers. However the owners weren't too helpful. i was injured at work and the owner took months to file my claim and forgot about it had even happened. i was harassed by hospital collectors, finally it was resolved. I work hard for the customers that's it.
a good company, but terrible attitudes
Crew Member (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: terrible hours no benefits, terrible crew members
A typical day at the papa Murphy's I worked at was a crowded, overwhelming and fast paced place. The place was ran efficiently and i was very impressed with the production and cleanliness of the store. And i learned how a top notch eating establishment should be ran. but the crew thinks they are better then any new person, and the favoritism and straight – more... rudeness of the crew made it a terrible place. the manager was very good and logical but it was like living under a dictator. i wouldn't recommend the papa murphy's i worked at to any one. – less
Great Owners recognize all employees achievements in the work place and personal.
Manager (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDJuly 1, 2014
I have worked for this company for the last 9 years. The Myers Family has set up such a great work environment for employees and Management. They treat every one with benefits when deserved. Being a Manager has been a very rewarding experience in one of the leading markets of the Papa Murphy's family..The job has been great in so many different ways. – more... I have been able to learn about customer service and the best way to conduct myself when under pressure. The most thrilling aspect that I have been able to learn from the Myers family is how to run a successful business everyday. The only bad thing I have to say about this job is that its the food industry. Although the food is made fresh daily, and we don't have to bake the pizzas. This Job has been an amazing experience and I couldn't of asked for a better first job. – less
My day as an Area Supervisor
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Weston, WIJune 30, 2014
Pros: i like being able to help fix problems and teach how to fix the next time
Cons: i spend alot of time on the phone and computer and not as much time interacting on a personal level.
A typical day entails, doing ledgers in the morning, going over labor, food cost and KDS. I talk to each manager and find out if they are having any problems, if so I try to help them figure the problems out. I also answer emails and order supplies that the stores need. I stay in constant contact with all managers through out the day.
A great job... I loved doing sampling
Area Director Of Operations Marketing/Manager (Former Employee), Carson City, NVJune 30, 2014
My Owner was great to work for..
he was very fair and provided a nice work place
Some of it sucked, some of it didn't
Pizza maker (Former Employee), Spanaway, WAJune 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good people, pretty wide range of music allowed
Cons: managers that didn't know their job
Our first manager was a tyrant.

Whether or not you got decent hours depended largely on how she felt about you. Typically the boys got more hours than the girls I was told that this was because she felt the girls were more of a threat to her authority, which makes me wonder how she got to a managerial position in the first place. She endorsed nepotism. – more... Several times people were hired when there were barely enough hours to go around. These people were related to her, however distantly. Money often went missing while she was there, and she made whoever was short on their till pay it back out of their paychecks. Later we found out that her nephew was taking money from the tills to support a drug habit. We were never compensated for his theft.

Our second manager was a Goddess.

She knew the store inside and out - knew the people well enough to assign us jobs we would excel at so that the store operated at maximum efficiency. Everyone got a near equal amount of hours. She was communicative and never left work early. She had as much of a 'first in, last out' mentality as one can have in a job where no one is supposed to work more than twelve hours a day. No one ever complained about her. Money very rarely went missing and no one was ever asked to pay it out of their check.

She was transferred to a new store.

My last manager was an idiot.

She had asked for a transfer to our store because we had the highest service rating (hers was near the bottom). Within a week, half the employees that had made our store a well-functioning machine had been transferred to other stores and she drove the others away with incompetence and a bad attitude. She brought three people from her store to ours. They got near forty hour weeks. The rest of us were lucky to see ten. She only sheeted half the dough we normally *need* to get through the day. She would frequently send people home early. Once I got sent home an hour into work, despite the list of rules tacked on the wall less than five feet away saying that once I was at work, she was required to keep me there for two hours. I had two four hour work *weeks* in a row.

I quit. It wasn't worth it – less
easy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Athens, ALJune 18, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: boring
easy
cool
laid back
fun
nice people
hard part is frustration
best part is fun environment
Work Day
Shift Superviser (Current Employee), 51st and oliveJune 17, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay/hours
At work we stock the line, make the dough, and shred the cheese daily. We provide our customers with both great service and quality food. On the down time we make sure our work environment is clean and presentable to our guests. We also do inventory, customer service, and self evaluations to immprove our store's service.
Fun, easy-going place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2014
Pros: easy-going, excellent training, breaks provided
Cons: no benefits
Papa Murphy's is a great "first job". It is an easy-going place to work that promotes from within so there are many opportunities for advancement.
Great work environment.
Shift lead- Service food worker (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJune 12, 2014
Pros: you learn great people skills, memorization, cleanliness, having a smile on your face.
Cons: no health benefits, ect. working with younger people.
A typical day at work I would clock in, with my uniform on. My responsibility as a shift lead would to start pre-making pizza crusts for later rush hours, keep the make-line clean and stocked with toppings, making sure other employees were keeping busy (dishes, sweeping, ect). Working at Papa Murphy's so far I've learned that I'm easy to get along with – more... and thoroughly enjoy communicating with the customers on a daily basis. I've also learned to memorize all codes for the register, and I'm able to train every new employee. My co-workers are mostly younger and in high school. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. (Handling heavy dough crusts and cheese totes) The most enjoyable part of the job was having great conversations with customers, making them feel welcome and over all happy with the experience they had. – less
NA
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Blaine, MNJune 11, 2014
Great place to work and you get to meet a lot of great people. A typical day depends on what area you are assigned to that day.
Awesome people with awesome manager
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), North Ogden, UTJune 8, 2014
Pros: fun people
Make pizza, clean floors, work on the cash register, and mop.
Fun yet complicated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARMay 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: lack of hours, no breaks, no benefits
I learned so much working here, but the lack of management was complicated to work in, everyone was telling everyone what to do and when to do it. It didn't offer benefits, and it was complicated to get a hold of the owner. I did enjoy the fact that I met some amazing new people on a daily basis and I saw people from all around the United States.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more