Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

Fun place to work, team environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: pay and hours
A typical day included washing dishes, preparing pizza, and working the cashier. My co-workers were great but it was difficult to get the hours you need. I enjoyed working the cashier and interacting with customers, I disliked the hours and pay.
Fun work place
Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Layton, UTJanuary 19, 2014
Opening the store and making sure that the store has enough cash for the day.
Fun environment with great owners.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Murray, UTJanuary 18, 2014
It was very busy in the morning as all products had to be prepared fresh each day, including the dough for the pizzas.
unproductive and chaotic
Manager (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day for me there was always a scene for the dramatic. I work with teenagers that worried about there outside lives more than there work. I motivated them when they allowed me too. The owners made it hard to get everything done on time because they were always changing things and were always disorganized.
Well-rounded store
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here because a typical work day was easy going and fast paced. The only thing I did not like was holding the sale sign.
Fun and Great Enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2014
Love working in a team leading others, meeting new people everyday, and serving the customer to their every satisfaction .
Cool workplaces with great bosses
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2013
Pros: the pros of amg and papa murphys was feeling accomplished after making customers happy.
Cons: the cons of these two jobs were the customers sometimes and co-workers
These two jobs were pretty manageable. An average day at work would be great. Things would only get out of hand every so often. These jobs taught me how to deal with impatient and moody people. And also forced me to be patient. My co-workers weren't the most friendly but manageable. The hardest part of this job was dealing with mean customers and keeping – more... my cool. The most enjoyable was getting things done and making my customers happy! – less
Fun place to work, Terrible Management!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Surprise, AZDecember 24, 2013
A typical day of work is pretty simple. All I essentially do is make pizza and count things such an inventory. What I learned from this job is how to be a good leader, how to effectively speak to customers, and how to work in a fast-paced environment.
Good place i really like it was fun and people was fun to work with and people were really nice
Team Leader (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 24, 2013
When I was working there I was doing was making the food and doing phone and cashier ,
Stressful environment with manipulative management
Supervisor (Former Employee), San LeandroDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Cons: short breaks, minimum wage, no advancement opportunity
Constantly short-staffed. Most employees are fired and the few that quit with two-weeks notice are let go the day they give notice. Management tells potential employees during the interview that if you're a student they will work around your class schedule, but that is never the case. Management calls employees in to work and if you refuse because of – more... school or you are sick, management will not be happy and say things such as, "Do you think this job does not fit YOUR active lifestyle then?". Also if you are sick, management will still harass you with phone calls and text messages that you need to work or else the store will be in chaos. The customers are the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is interacting with management. They are new business owners, so sometimes their interaction with employees is unprofessional. If a mistake is made management is very quick to throw a temper tantrum and scold employees. Management is also demanding, such as asking an employee to work five hours in the morning and come back and work four more hours in the evening. This job is advertised for students, but expect to work overtime with no benefits. – less
Poor work environment makes job with potential fall flat
Manager (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNDecember 12, 2013
Although I am a manager at the Papa Murhpy's store, I feel more like a prep guy/baby sitter. The company has bad culture and a poor atmosphere that tributes to an unhealthy amount of stress. The pay is grossly below normal and the benefits are few. I do enjoy being a leader over my own store and being in charge of everything from managing my own employees – more... to local store marketing. – less
Fun yet fast paced environment
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Savage, MNDecember 10, 2013
Working for Papa Murphy's/PJC Corporation/EFLOW Inc. has been a great opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience within marketing and market research. My direct supervisor, one of the owners, has been fantastic. It has been a privilege working for this company.
Mendencino Papa Murphy's
Crew member (Former Employee), Santa Rosa,CaDecember 9, 2013
Terrible management, completely disrespectful. I didn't learn anything, no body there as any sort of jobs skills, if your interested in working a dead end job with no chance of advancement work at papa murphy's.
Customer Service (Former Employee), 4664 Cottage Grove RdDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free pizzas, cookie dough, sodas
Cons: short breaks, not enough money
A typical day at Papa Murphy's was fairly simple. I came into work, clocked in, and made sure I had my uniform on properly. Throughout the whole day I would be on the cash registers, answering telephones, and making pizzas. At the end of the night we had a cleaning list we had to finish and I was also a keyholder so I made sure the doors were locked – more... every night. – less
Customer friendly environment
Baker (Former Employee), Menomonie, WINovember 29, 2013
Pros: recipe memorizing skills
Cons: not enough hours
-Co-workers are very easy to talk too, we became friends right away
-I've learned how to use the cash register and what to say while taking orders on the phone
-Hardest part of the job was to make pizzas in a fast pace while remembering the order and measurements of the ingredients
-Management kept everyone on their toes at all times
- If it wasn't – more... too busy, everyone would find something to clean/sanitize – less
Supervising two other emplyees, taking orders, helping customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Riverton UtahNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good work inverment.
Cons: no real breaks.
Checking the inventory, getting the other two co-workers going on the dough for they day, placing orders for what was needed, running the cash register with the debit/credit machine, helping customers, and counting down the till at the end of my shift. The management was good. When a co-worker would call in sick. Helping people.
Typical Day
Service worker (Former Employee), Fargo, NDNovember 18, 2013
In a typical workday I would be preparing food for the day or on the night shift working the register or working the line. The manager was very helpful. My co-workers were young but hard working.The most enjoyable part of the job was a free pizza with every paycheck.
makin pizzas
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Troy, OHNovember 7, 2013
I made pizzas and ran a register and did dishes.
everyone got along good
Productive, busy place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDOctober 28, 2013
It's a job that has a certain amount of product that needs to be out at a certain time. You have to keep a timely schedule. Its a fun atmosphere as well.
Productive and fun environment with great customer service.
Team Leader (Former Employee), 10th and Gage BlvdOctober 15, 2013
While being employed at Papa Murphy's I learned about great customer service, working quick and efficiently, and having a friendly work environment. A typical day at work would include some prep work, clean up, customer service, pizza preparation, working with other crew members to complete tasks in a timely manner. The best part of this job would be – more... working with the other crew members and seeing the satisfaction on the customers' faces when they leave the business. – less

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more