Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Found 1,215 reviews matching the search
Very good place to start a first job at with great learning experiences.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 17, 2017
It gave me a lot of oppurtunity to grow and move up in the company. It also was a very friendly environment and management was also very involved with the employees.
Papa Murphy's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 16, 2017
Answered phones. Took menu orders. Cashiered. Put pizza orders together. Made cookie dough in back. Cleaned dishes. Maintained cleanliness throughout store. Closed location in evenings.
Fun place to work starting out
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 15, 2017
Great job to have while going to school. Awesome coworkers and busy environment. Some days are a lot busier than others. The only downside is the required days you have to work. For example: Halloween, Superbowl, Valentines Day etc.
Amazing place for teenagers to build up work ethic and healthy relationships with both customers and co-workers.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 15, 2017
My experience with Papa Murphy's ( particularly the Union Village location) was wonderful for being a high school student. They close at 8:00 in the winter so even working closing shifts I still had plenty of time for schoolwork, family, and friends!
Pros
50% off pizza!
Cons
working weekends
My Review
Pizza maker/ Dishwasher/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIJuly 15, 2017
My experience at Papa Murphys was really great, there was always a postive working atsmosphere. Everyone was always kind and hardworking. Having 50% off on everything was pretty nice too, you could give your grandparents 50% off on their pizzas as well. The hardest part on the job was learning how to work the cash register. A typical day at work consisted of making 6$ one opping pizzas or washing dishes and jut keeping the store clean and presentable. What I learned at Papa Murphy's is how to deal with more diverse types of people. Over all working at Papa Murphys was great it was a great learning expericence.
Pros
50 percent off on everything
An amazing company to work for, especially under the ownership of the Holloways.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  1931 s Yale Ave, Tulsa, OK 74112July 14, 2017
These people will change your life. I had so many wonderful experiences during my time with them. Everyday was a new adventure and I absolutely loved working there.
Pros
They are always willing to work around your schedule, and they are always positive, The Holloways are some of the most accepting people I have ever met.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 13, 2017
Super flexible with school schedule and a really fun environment to be in. It's fast paced and not a job for everyone, so don't go in thinking you'll be able to get it down.
Pros
50% off meals, fun environment
Cons
hard to get days off
Good for high schoolers, but not much to support an adult
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2017
Working part time for Papa Murphy's is fun... for the first month or so. A typical work day is making pizzas and sides to order and cleaning everything. You learn the skills of keeping a sanitary environment as well as how to make a pizza. Management is fine, but if you are part time during the summer, hours are complete garbage. Everybody in the workplace gets stuff done quickly. The atmosphere, as time goes by, starts to get dull. Not very fun after a while. The hardest part of the job is completing all the tasks and assignments before the day ends at the same time that billions of people and their mothers start coming in ordering a bunch of stuff, causing work to not get finished in the desired time, resulting in an angry manager. Most enjoyable part is the discounts/free stuff you can have while working, I guess.
Pros
Meet new people, free stuff.
Cons
low pay, low hours, can get frantic.
Started at 16
Pizza Maker, Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 12, 2017
This was my first job. I worked here when they first opened up in broken arrow. The owners are two very hardworking people who put their dream into a reality. I can not say enough how much I learned for them. I have gained amazing customer service skills, team building skills, as well as how to become the best worker that I could.
First Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Prt Rchy, FLJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work and great pizza. Lots of hands on training with room for advancement. Great first job to learn about the work place. Great management
Work life
Arden Hills - Manager (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 12, 2017
I loved working the fast pace. It was fun making works of art (pizza). Although I do not like the company as a whole. They would put specials on without telling employees when or what they are.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Bad franchise owners.
Work Ethic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at Papa Murphy's is an unexpected day, because you never know what could happen. Being at Papa Murphy's told me how to be a team player, and how to work with different personalities.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
short breaks
Fun and light
Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 10, 2017
The best part about this position was having a boss that understood that sometimes life happens and at the same time wasn't too soft. I climbed up to the top of the ranks and learned a lot along the way in terms of customer service, payroll, interviewing, and running a business.
bye
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 10, 2017
First job so of course, I loved every minute of it. I met a lot of people my age and wanted to be at work every chance I got. If I could go back and relive it, I would.
It was pretty alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 9, 2017
My coworkers were nice, The pay was not that good for what we did. The customers were usually nice, and I felt like it was worth working there. I would not work there again though.
Slow-paced, low pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJuly 9, 2017
Did not enjoy working there, it was a slow and draining environment that brought everybody down. These things together all contributed to the poor workplace.
A joke
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX/Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2017
Owners just see you as "replaceable" that's how this company runs. They pay terrible then corporate comes in and corrects what you've been taught. Doesn't matter if you've worked 40 hours plus you aren't appreciated. Don't even think about advancement cause you'll be extremely disappointed . I hope everyone applying reads this cause I've worked here for 4 years It's a joke .
Pros
You're breathing
Cons
Never enough prepping you're always running out and making things on the fly
ehh
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 8, 2017
it was an okay starter job. very easy to get hired, however, you don't really get any sort of training. they sort of just throw you on the line and learn as you go. basic customer service type job, involving the handling of food, some machinery, and operating cash register.
Great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 7, 2017
It was great to know that the owner was involved with all 9 stores she owned. My store had amazing management, willing to work as hard as any of the employees. Not just sitting in the office all day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No raise after the city raised min. wage, So I after a year was making the same as entry-level employees.
good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAJuly 7, 2017
place is very fast paced, the orders are taken online, over the phone and in person. Employees get 50% of orders and the owner is very reasonable and easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6