Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's United States Employee Reviews

hostile enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), murfreesboro tnDecember 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no breaks
cashier
management is poor
the hardest part of the job is dealing with vendors
I like my coworkers
it was a good starting job
Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 9, 2014
i loved my co workers and i loved every thing i did but thee management was bad
The customers were great, fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), Bremerton, WADecember 7, 2014
A typical day would include book work, setting up registers, prepping, opening, making pizzas, making sure the crew is doing what they are supposed to do. The employees and customers made the job fun and easy to do. The hardest part of the job was being unprepared and behind, it makes the days longer and more stressful but we always managed to make it work. The most enjoyable part of the job was WOWing the guests by making their pizzas fast and getting them out the door with a minimal wait time.
Enjoyable and family friendly
Sign Shaker (Former Employee), Meridian, IDDecember 5, 2014
My typical day at work was standing on the corner, shaking a sign. While shaking a sign on the corner is quite boring, and sometimes difficult in the heat, I still enjoyed it. I got to listen to music and dance. I also didn't have to interact with people, so sign shaking is good for people who are shy, such as used to be. I didn't really get to know any of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when it got to be really hot outside, but I did get to take breaks.
fun and clean place to work
Food Cooking Machine Operator/Tender (Former Employee), Rosemount, MNNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free pizza after 18 hours of working
Cons: didnt have a clock out time, depended on busyness
awesome job it was fun learning the culture and making the best take home pizza, we all worked as a team and made sure are costumers were very happy! i worked there for 1 year and became crew manager and managed front line and phone service! maintained a clean store while stocking the back of the house and front!
Work
crew member (Former Employee), germentownNovember 15, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: alot of work for money, no breaks, owners
Alot of work for the money, although it is easy work. Never feel appreciated.
Productive and happy work place
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 12, 2014
Crew members all worked as a team and made the tasks of one another easier on each other. Customers were always satisfied which made us satisfied.
Enjoyed the work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 3, 2014
Pros: fast pace!
Cons: poor management
I loved working with the costumers and the hands on work. I was unfortunately there during a time when management was less then par.
Boring Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 24, 2014
Pros: cool staff
Cons: everything else
If you're just looking for a typical boring restaurant job, here it is. Low Pay, Okay hours, Decent Management, Boring Schedule
Fun work environment, but few opportunities.
Certified Supervisor (Current Employee), Apple St, BoiseOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun work and coworkers.
Cons: no tips, rarely raises, no benefits, and no free food.
I've worked at Papa Murphy's for over 3 years. Over the course of these three years I've learned about leadership, teamwork, and being able to have fun AND work. Some downsides to this job are 1) there are few opportunities for raises. The ownership rarely allows raises. In my three years working there with a class of certification to be a supervisor, I went from 7.25-7.85 and that's before I took the class. I was promised a raise after the class along with other supervisors and none of us have gotten anything. 2) Management: it depends on every store, but they are sort of similar. I've gone through 6 managers in 3 years. Management will promise you raises, but it takes sometimes up to 7 months to see them through. Also, they are bad about listening to feedback from the employees. 3) It is a business where many employees come and go. Papa Murphy's hires a lot of young workers, many still in high school or right out of; which means a lot of the employees are just passing through. (a little extra money on the side, saving for college). The work itself is fun. Working as a team is a good lesson in life. It's high energy, busy work, and good company.
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great employees
Easy job duties.
Very flexible shifts.
Employee discount.
Busy
Team Member/Key Holder (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 13, 2014
- Preparing food items daily
- Taking orders via phone and in person
- Recording inventory
- Janitorial duties
- Opening and closing duties
- Cashiering
not the place to work if you want equality
team member (Former Employee), pittsburg caOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off a pizza once a week
Cons: you dont get many hours, and the hours you do get are not guranteed...
i, personally, was treated unfairly...i at most got 8 hours a week, while everyone else got 10 or more...not only that but most of my hours were cut, supposedly due to not enough work being done...i was reprimanded for doing my job correctly while other employees got away with not wearing the uniform and not making tags for the pizzas...i was fired but i only was informed of this a week after the fact...the manager i had didnt listen to everyone and wouldnt review security tapes to verify anything...all in all if you want a decent amount of hours and to be treated semi-fairly do not work for this company
a work day..
crew (Former Employee), colorao springs, colorado 80917October 3, 2014
Pros: i was never bored working here.
Cons: not getting along with management
Working at papa Murphy's was a very easy job. All you had to do was work a cash register, have good customer service. While working in this fast paced environment, you were making pizza restocking toppings and working with others to complete the task fast and correctly.
Really depends on what kind of ppl you work with.
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Lakewood CO 80232September 29, 2014
I hated this job not because of what I had to do but because of the ppl who worked there. Most of them were lazy and would do anything they could to avoid doing their job duties.
Love the customers
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Carson City, NVSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: 30% off food
Cons: management
Typical Day At Work: Make pizza and answer phones
Learned?: Food management
Management:....hm...
Co-workers: Some lazy, some hardworking, some fun, some terrible, some very dramatic
Hardest Part Of Job: Manager not dealing with issues, workers not even working, managers in general
Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job: Our favorite customers.
Pretty fun work environment, everyone gets along.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Roy, UTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment.
Cons: kinda low pay
When you arrive you get right into working, whether you're on till, pizzas, cleaning or phones. This job really helped me learn how to deal with people and give great customer service. The management is pretty okay, of course there are times when you just don't want to deal with them, but overall okay.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the rushes and any mistakes that are made. My coworkers make it better though, they're all pretty cool.
first job type of job
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Placerville, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: it's good service
It's a great way to get you're foot in the door not life long career path
Productive workplace with fun fellow crew members.
Pizza Chef (Former Employee), Sparks, NVSeptember 22, 2014
Papa Murphy's was a fun first job for a student in high school. The hours worked with my school schedule and the crew members were fun and really kind.
fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Peoria, AZSeptember 22, 2014
•Proficient at the Counter, Prep and Cashier Positions
•Accountable that all cash is handled properly and funds are properly secured
• Insures all team members are in proper uniform and at assigned positions
• Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of shift and daily paperwork

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more

Papa Murphy's Salaries