Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews in United States

Average work with borderline bearable people.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIJune 26, 2016
As I worked at Papa Murphy's, I worked with people who constantly gossiped or lazed their work, "deadlines" weren't met properly (a Pizza that takes "15 to 20" minutes to make would be rushed or forgotten when orders came in due to neglect of call in orders). I would regardless do all I could during prep hours such as preparing onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc.

There were only a few people I enjoyed working with who didn't spend many hours of the day complaining and made the workplace a fun and enjoyable environment. I enjoy fun but know when the job needs to be done.
Pros
Easy to learn. Managable hours, Meeting new people, Learning to adapt quickly, Company always came in when called upon for repairs and such
Cons
Work environment determined by mood of others, Small space to work, Easily rushed where things don't get done
Fast paced and fun workplace
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2016
Papa Murphy's was my first food business job and i learned a lot of valuable lessons such as how to satisfy every customer no matter the request. A typical day in the life of a Papa Murphy's employee is making fresh yet delicious pizzas that you cook in your very own oven at home. Most customers didn't understand the concept at first but once you purchased one pizza you were more than likely back the next day for more. Friday nights were usually family nights and the parents or kids would come in and watch us masterfully make their pizza right in front of their very eyes. As a shift lead, I learned to keep everyone on a certain section on the line so we would have a nice flow of business and things would run smoothly. Our managers were normally very good at making sure we had EVERYTHING we needed on weekends as they were very busy and we hardly ever ran out of any product. Out of the two years i worked here, i learned how to work well with teammates and the best way to manage time and any guest complaint or issue.
Pros
Free pizzas and discounts on items
Cons
Slow advacement
Bad place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 23, 2016
The management from top to bottom is unorganized. The employees do as they please. The managers like to utilize cameras however they do not always see everything so they create their own story.
Pros
not many
Cons
management
Was not enjoyable most of the time, had several lazy coworkers, and disliked management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
Management was particularly pushy, inconsiderate, and excessively pushy about their religious beliefs. Emails of our work schedules included christian quotes, and I heard many of the manager's personal opinions that were not open to other ideas and conflicted with mine. It felt very unprofessional of them, most all workers were young teenagers and almost all applicants were hired. People did not stay long and coworkers switched jobs quickly. There were some kind coworkers though, and I enjoyed interacting with many customers.
Productive and friendly. Positive place to work or be in.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at Papa Murphy's because I got to meet a variety of people. It is a very friendly environment to work in. The staff is great and its fun to learn all about the costumers and help create a pizza that is perfect and individual to themselves.

I learned that hardship and struggle will happen anywhere with any job. I also learned how to work with it and accept it. Some days the staff would be short of people and it would be super busy that day. I just realized that you have to do your part to the fullest you can, and when necessary help other people do their work because it needs to get done.

Some times costumers will be a little negative, but as an employee at Papa Murphy's I and others respond to this with respect and love. We always make sure the costumer leaves satisfied and feels welcome.

The co workers are easy to work with and are positive and safe. Some times you find people who aren't as productive as they should be. Overall, the environment and co-workers are enjoyable and the work gets done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely visiting with the costumers that came in. I would always find myself conversing with them and laughing. I didn't dread going to work because I really enjoyed all of the company and friendship.

The only time work became hard was when people on a shift did not keep their end of the bargain and work efficiently. I did all I could to help but their is only so much in my power I could do. But usually the shifts ran well and the employers and employees worked great together.
Pros
Pizza discounts. Employees get 50% off pizza and their family members get a discount too.
Cons
Very short breaks.
Outstanding workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJune 19, 2016
I have had an excellent experience at Papa Murphy's. My boss makes sure that I'm happy with my work situation and is always helping his employees out.
Pros
half off pizza
Cons
no free pizza or tips
Great envirmont and good management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 18, 2016
My time at Papa Murphy's was easy-going, the environment was relaxed and I found that all employees and co-workers handled their jobs efficiently and competently.
Pros
great co-workers and easy atmosphere
Productive work environent
Employee (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 17, 2016
Come in and make the food while satisfying customer needs. I learned a lot about handling irate customers in a calm matter. Family like environment. It was difficult to keep up with all of the customers during busy times, but was satisfying when the rush was finished.
Papa Murphy's
Crew (Current Employee) –  Falcon, COJune 15, 2016
I worked at a busy location so it was go go go all day so your day went by fast because you were always busy.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Busy
Friendly and fun work evironment. minimum wage part time
Crew member- Duties (Current Employee) –  WAJune 15, 2016
Papa Murphy's is a great high school job. You get to make pizza. It is a friendly and fun environment. The Management is good and you can get along easily.
Pros
half off pizza, sometimes free pizza
Cons
short breaks
Average
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAJune 14, 2016
I'd say it was a good place to work, co-workers were nice, and it gave me good experience for while i was there. It was fast paced which I liked and it was hands on. I hardly had to deal with complaints and everyone was hard working.
Fun and Enjoyable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJune 14, 2016
I highly enjoyed working here. I made great friends. I learned great life skills. Typical days consisted of fast pace work. Helping customers to the best of my ability.
Clean enviornment with wonderful people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJune 14, 2016
A typical evening at papa murphy's involved making pizza after pizza to meet every customers satisfaction. I learned excellent time management and how to take corrective criticism appropriately and effectively.
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJune 13, 2016
Papa Murphy's was a good place to work because it was a good environment with good people. It was a easy job for it being my first time as a cashier. I would've wished to get payed more.
was not to bad
Morning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORJune 13, 2016
there were good and bad days like anywhere else. the thing that made it a bad day is when the owner came in all money hungry and did not give phrase for the things you did instead would complain about labor and how we always needed to work faster.
Pros
people were awesome, customers were aweseome, job was fast and fun
Cons
money hungry owner that never gave phrase
Flexible
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 12, 2016
The hours were very flexible. It was a good part-time and first job. The people I worked with were the best part. Good experience.
Fun workplace with nice people however low pay and benefits.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJune 7, 2016
Papa Murphy was a very fun work environment. Whether I was outside flipping a sign for 3 hours or making pizzas and talking to customers about their day or how they'd like their pizza prepared. I learned that I can be very convincing at times. A customer could come in expecting a small pizza and leave with a large or family size because i like to make sure they knew of the 20% off deal that day. The managers were very impressed with how fast I had adapted to the environment. so much they had let me close and open during the first two weeks I had worked. The hardest part about the job were definitely the slow days. I'm the type of person who hates not having anything to do cause it bores me. I loved the days where we would have a big rush it was exciting to go back and forth talking to customers making pizzas and getting them out as fast as they're coming in.
Pros
free pizza good people
Cons
small hours low pay and bad smell
not a great work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJune 6, 2016
come into work and make pizzas and keep the store clean, bring the pizzas out to the customers and provide info about our new things to offer.

: didnt learn much but the customer service part, cleaning and doing the cashier .

: co-workers were pretty nice and laid back

: the hardest part was making the pizzas and keeping the customers happy

:didnt enjoy much
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
bad working conditions, not good pay
Fun Place to work...Not enough pay
General Manager (Current Employee) –  UTJune 4, 2016
Papa Murphy's is a great place to work if money is not a problem for you. The atmosphere is fun, interaction with the customers is great, and the management team is helpful. However, I know that I could do the same things I am doing now for more pay almost anywhere else.
productive fun great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 3, 2016
co workers and customers are the best.8 years and growing with company.love my job.great pace to work.best tasting pizza.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6