Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Fun and easy workplace!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTSeptember 5, 2015
On a typical day I arrive at 3 p.m. I set up my co-workers in place (such as who gets phones, registers, runners, ect) I compete against the clock, getting costumer out as soon as possible. I greet every customer that enters through our door and say good-bye as they walk out. The hardest part about my job is keeping some of my workers in place, but that can be controlled quickly. The most enjoyable part is we have a nice team, we are all friends and easy to make friends with. I decided what time each one of my crew members goes home after they have done their part for the day. I then close the registers and the store at 9 p.m, Repeatedly check that both the front and back doors are locked, everything is stocked to the fullest, all dishes are washed, lights are out, and that the safe is locked. Also discounted pizza!
Pros
discounts
Cons
No benefits, low pay
A pleasant job where there was always something to do.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 24, 2013
A typical day at work included getting everything freshly stocked and ready for the day ahead. I learned how to prepare a pizza to meet the customers needs. The management was great, always there for our customers. They were never far away in case any employees needed their advice or their guidance. My co-workers worked hard and were always a pleasure to be around. We could have fun while taking our jobs serious. That makes for a great working enviroment. The hardest part of the job was making each and every pizza to perfection during rush hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to balance the work and having fun at the same time.
Pros
a fun enviroment, an oven in the back to cook your lunches during breaks and 50% off of everything in the store.
Cons
part time positions
It was a very fun, enjoyable, and rewarding.
Pizza Artist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work was usually very steady depending on the day. Very enjoyable. Being able to have fun at work with great co-workers makes working at Papa Murphy's even better. I learned more about how to work as a team member and to make pizzas. I learned how to answer the phone more professional like. Management was great. I loved my managers and shift leaders. Although, they could have used a little more work in enforcing some of the rules they were great managers. Co-workers were amazing. They always knew how to have fun, yet work hard at the same time. It was never a dull day working at Papa Murphy's. There wasn't really anything hard about working at Papa Murphy's. It was a pretty easy and laid back job. Everything about it was enjoyable. If I could I would go back.
Very Productive work place with great Supervisors to instruct me of task.
Food Preperation (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be me clocking in, washing my hands and getting started on whatever tasked they required done (mostly making, cutting, and weighing dough for each pizza size), which i did not no how to do. So i learned that their. Cutting spinach with a knife, slicing mushrooms with a machine, chopping tomatoes into tiny pieces, and cleaning the work place and the equipment we used. The hardest part of the job would be having to do the pizza dough within a time period of 10 minutes. The most enjoyable part would be learnig and being shown how to do each ttask productively and safely.
Pros
got to learn how to make pizza, was given a chance to better myself.
Cons
seemed like every task i was given, was a race against the clock.
Productive workplace
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 31, 2015
On a typical day of work I would make pizza's, cleaned the store, and did dishes. I liked all my co-workers and managers I had little to no conflict with my co-workers and managers. I learned to balance my schedule really well as at the time I had FRCC classes and high school classes and I ran cross country and track. But, I was able to balance my schedule to do all of those things. The hardest part of my job was when I was on registers and I got busy it was hard because there is so much going on and there is a lot of things you had to do well helping the costumers making it difficult. My favorite part of the job was making the pizzas this could get hard too when the store got busy but, it was much more enjoyable then counting money.
Pros
Got to work with social skills, discount on food
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace and detailed
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 26, 2012
Typical day i would make pre made pizzas, took pizza orders over phone as well as walkins, clean up store restock fefrigerator's, count down the reg.

I learnd if i were to make a mistake i should speek up and fix my mistake insted of letting things escalate. I also learnd towork fast but not to fast to were my work was insufficient. when somethings need to be done i can always take the initiative and do it my self as long as i am trained and able.

Hardest part of this job was closing time when we would get ready to close the store and go home.

My co-workers were fast pace workers and showed me how to work under the pressures of mad coustomers to an angery bosses wich were rare.
Pros
learned to work fast and how to take initiative
Cons
i had to ride my bike to and from work.
Productive work place and fun at times.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTOctober 7, 2015
Typical day at work would start at 8 A.M and end at 7 P.M.
Would go in the mornings to prep all food necessary to get through day such as fresh veggies, dough, cookie dough, and pizza sauce.
Would assign jobs to crew members and place where they were best.
At the end of the evening I would count all money coming in to the store and make deposits.
I learned how to balance money, hire new employees, local store marketing, valuable customer service skills, scheduling and how take daily inventory.
The hardest part was working 6-7 days a week for 11 hours a day and lack of help from managers higher up in the company.
Pros
Energetic, fast paced, and amazing co-workers
Cons
Not enough help from higher management at times to assit with making things better.
Fun working environment
Cashier/Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at work would be making pizzas, handling money transaction, dishes, cleaning, sweeping, mopping and closing down the store. You learn how to make pizzas and count down registers. The store manager is a good manager but the assistant manager can be very lazy and make it very hard to be able to finish the duties set out for you because you have to finish his work that he did not do. Some co-workers are lazy forcing you to do all the work but others are very productive making it easier to get everything done. The hardest part of the job is having to try and close as fast as possible even if the store has been busy all night. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they work with your schedule.
Pros
half priced pizza
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Fun workspace, very positive.
Line Prep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MTMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work you go in, get dressed and prepped, ask where you're needed and begin. I learned that asking for help and helping others isn't always a bad thing and is actually better that ruining something by being prideful. The management was well, and my life situation was well understood by management as well as co-workers and they worked well with helping me. The hardest part of the job was "you have time to lean you have time to clean" cause by the end of the day you've cleaned just about everything and youre just redoing things. And the most enjoyable was that our boss listened when there was an issue and removed the issue, so we had a drama less, peaceful and all around healthy work space!
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no free foods.
Okay place to work
Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Most of the girls were very mean to me at first as they don't like new employees unless they are a friend of theirs. This wouldn't have been so bad, if I didn't work with them all the time and in such a small workplace. They were kind of out of their way mean. But eventually they gave up and became nice as if nothing happened. Which was fine by me as I was just there to work. Manager was nice and pushes you to do your best and is understanding. Not great hours, but not terrible either. At the time, I needed more hours but at least it was something. Keep yourself busy as there is always something to do. Fast paced and a lot of dishes to wash at all times. You're always either prepping food or cleaning. This job was just okay.
Pros
not a bad job
Cons
not a great job
it was a fun place to work and do a lot of costumer service
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 30, 2013
a typical day at work would be prepare the ingredients and dough.
work with costumers some of them really easy going others would like to start a disscusion.i learned really good costumer sevice. a little bit of management and hoow to be a good shift supervisor.
the manegement was great.
i love working there everyone was really nice and everyone love working there.
probably the hardst part of the job was dealing with costumers if they were being rude, because you had to keep calm.
the most enjoyable thing about the job was that everyone was cooperative with eachother and we all like to disscuss our concerns.
Pros
flexible hours opportunity to get a rise
Cons
not many working hours
awesome evironment and people.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 20, 2016
You move around non stop and are contently doing something. I really didn't learn anything new besides sheeter and ovens. The management was great they treated to you like you belong and they are just awesome people. My co-workers are good they know how to work with you to get the job done right. I would say the hardest part would be trying to do two things at once. An example would be being in the middle of a rush and seeing that people are having problems but you really can't help them because your making orders and putting pizza's in the oven. The environment is the most enjoyable part just meeting the people i have. I can't get enough of that place.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
can't be in two places at once
not the place to work if you want equality
team member (Former Employee) –  pittsburg caOctober 6, 2014
i, personally, was treated unfairly...i at most got 8 hours a week, while everyone else got 10 or more...not only that but most of my hours were cut, supposedly due to not enough work being done...i was reprimanded for doing my job correctly while other employees got away with not wearing the uniform and not making tags for the pizzas...i was fired but i only was informed of this a week after the fact...the manager i had didnt listen to everyone and wouldnt review security tapes to verify anything...all in all if you want a decent amount of hours and to be treated semi-fairly do not work for this company
Pros
1/2 off a pizza once a week
Cons
you dont get many hours, and the hours you do get are not guranteed...
Slow paced new store with hardworking people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMay 8, 2015
A typical day at Papa Murphy's starts with making the dough and preparing for the day. I learned quiet a few things how to make so many different pizzas, how to make the dough, sheet the dough, every process there is I learned it. The manager is new to managing so the management isn't up to par, people get away with too much because of favoritism. As for the co-workers, they need to find a medium for everyone to agree with each other. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the drama my co-workers, and not being appreciated for my hard work. The most enjoyable part was defiantly the customers everyone was so sweet and so respectful.
Pros
Awesome customers
Cons
Dramatic Employees
Fun environment, Nice coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 30, 2014
During work we deal with a lot of customers, we great them and help them with their order as well as talk to them while we prepare their pizza. If there are no customers in the store we make sure that the store stays clean and that all the dishes are washed and put away. In the morning all the prep work is done which consists of, cutting vegetables, making dough, sheeting, just preparing everything that is needed for the day. I love the coworkers I have, we all get along and it makes for a fun environment. The is not really anything that is hard about the job considering it is a pizza place. I would have to say the best thing about my job are my coworkers
Pros
discount is half off
Cons
breaks are short
Papa Murphys'
Closer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 23, 2013
I learned a lot form working at Papa Murphy’s. From working there at such a young age I’ve learned great customer service. Always making the customer happy and adjusting your personality to fit their s so you can work with them in a more effective way. I’ve learned to communicate with others. I learned about commitment and the importance of being a reliable employee and moving up on the totem pole, so to speak. Overall it was a great learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that you have basically taught yourself how to talk to the customers and relate to them as you are selling them a product.
Pros
flexible hours, guaranteed days off.
Cons
little to no hours, short breaks
Always smells fabulous in Papa Murphy's
Pizza Artist (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORSeptember 10, 2012
When working at Papa Murphy's you always have the people that complain and you just have to roll with it. Not letting them get under your skin know you are doing what you were told and not what they think is right. The co-workers I had the chance to work with were very enjoyable people, always willing to help with anything they could. I would say hardest thing about working at Papa Murphy's is being there for eight hours and not eating the pizza.The best part is when you have people that come in once a week for the same pizza and when you give it to them they smile from ear to ear with excitement.
Pros
meeting new people and working with great people
Cons
healthcare
It was an OK job!
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 27, 2012
Well to start off. I got this job through a friend. Things where good at the beginning and I though that I would advance in this job really fast. I was wrong! Every time I was told that I'd be getting a pay raise, I would ask when. So I got passed up on my first pay raise, then two months went by and I asked again when they were going to evaluate me on my performance. They keep telling me that they would do this when they had time, so I got held up on my pay raise again for another two months. So I was getting feed up with this and fast. So I saved up my last few pay checks and started doing my GED.
Pros
pros, you could take home old food and the people were great. that's about it.
Cons
no pay raise.that's about it.
Loved this job! Great people!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTOctober 7, 2015
Typically we would make the vegetables and sauces first. Then we would make the faves, then the cookie dough. This job taught me how to be efficient with my time and how to get my work done correctly in a timely fashion. This job was also really good to connect with everyone because you do have to depend on each other to get your work done. Your co-workers are the most dependable people; The hardest part of the job was trying to stay on top of your duties, sometimes you would get busy with something and then have to rush yourself. I really enjoyed how fun the job was. loved being able to learn how to make pizzas.
Pros
Close to home, easy work, good hours
Lots of interaction with new people
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Herriman UTJanuary 10, 2015
I help prepare the pizza dough and toppings for the day. In addition to making the various items that are sold out of the grab and go area of the store. The management is excellent and they treat their employees well. My coworkers are upbeat and positive. They make work fun. The hardest part of the job is when a lot of people come into the store and I feel that I am not as fast at completing orders as other employees who have more experience than me. My most enjoyable part of the day is when I am working at my own speed to complete tasks.
Pros
we get all of our own orders of pizza at 1/2 off.
Cons
this employer does not offer health care or full time.