Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Fun Entry Level Job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 26, 2015
Pros: Works with school schedule
Cons: low pay
It is a very simple, yet involved job. There is much that needs to be done on a daily basis. Cleanliness and sanitation is of utmost importance.

Being a supervisor, I have learned various things. These include handling the cash register, dropping nightly cash, handling phone orders, customer service, daily food preparation, cleaning, training other employees, and being a role model.

It is a franchise managed somewhat unprofessional by a single owner. He is a good man and helps a lot regarding school schedules and availability, but goes about issues the wrong way.

The hardest aspect of this job is handling customer complaints and issues, even if you know they are wrong. Keeping cool is very important and sometimes very hard. However, it must be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a lot of freedom. We have a fair choice of music. We can also choose how to go about certain things. If we can find a way to complete a task more efficiently, we have the freedom to try new things.
Poor upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 26, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: poor management by upper.
The owner of the store was hardly there and the manager was afraid to manage. I had to be the "bad guy" when it came to the employees while the manager just wanted to be seen as a friend.
Productive workplace with a rockstar crew
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 21, 2015
Orders come quick, and guests are hungry, but with a dedicated team of workers by your side you will excel in customer service and send the customers packing happy. Day crew primarily focuses on ingredient prep and item stocking; while the night crew serves as the order-taker and pizza-maker extraordinaires. This position may be overwhelming at times, but in the end you will have developed a knack for multitasking, customer service, and teamwork.
A Difficult Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), McKinleyville, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Half off Pizza
Cons: No benefits, rough hours, small paychecks
The style of management Papa Murphy's employs is very statistic-based. They are trying to maximize profits by identifying every input possible. This leads to feeling like a number, and feeling undervalued and over worked. They also do not seem to understand how much of the employee's time they demand. I would often be working five or six days a week, but for 3 hour shifts so the hours never accumulate to much yet take up the middle of many of your days.
always productive always something to do.Nice clean work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: loved my co-workers loved staying busy
Cons: Never got my raise. Poor ownership etc..
I honestly learned a lot here the thing i learned most though was probably customer service and making quick smart decisions on my own.
productive place easy to get the hang of things
Crew member (Former Employee), Omaha, NE 68134April 6, 2015
One important thing is remembering how everything is made and listening to customers a lot of the time you're either making pizza's or cleaning up before the next rush the hardest part of the job is just working fast enough so you don't get angry customers.
Productive, friendly, and fast service
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Hood River, ORApril 2, 2015
A typical day at Papa Murphys consisted of prepping the topping for pizzas as well as making the pizza. Our number one priority was to make our customers happy.
Loved every minute
Team member (Former Employee), Cedar City UtahApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great discounts
Cons: None
The atmosphere was loving and helpful. Every worker worked with love in there hearts. There was always positivity in the air. I never had a bad day there. The Customers were loyal and always coming back. The other workers made me feel welcomed and appreciated. Loved my bosses.
Productive and Fun working environment
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome discount.
Everyday was always something different. Everyone who I worked with was fun, funny, helpful, and caring. The manager was very thorough with training.
flexible
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sun City, CAMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work while in school, flexible with schedules and also friendly boss also easy training. would recommend for high school students.
Fun workplace, good highschool job.
Shift Lead/Food Technician (Former Employee), Harrisville, UTMarch 16, 2015
Pros: my co-workers and management
Cons: pay
-A typical day at work for me was making pizzas, customer service, and leading my crew members. I was a shift lead, I was in charge of making sure everything ran smoothly throughout the store and made sure that all customers were satisfied. If there was an unhappy customer it was my duty to help that customer out and find a solution to the problem.
Fun workspace, very positive.
Line Prep (Former Employee), Hamilton, MTMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no free foods.
A typical day at work you go in, get dressed and prepped, ask where you're needed and begin. I learned that asking for help and helping others isn't always a bad thing and is actually better that ruining something by being prideful. The management was well, and my life situation was well understood by management as well as co-workers and they worked well with helping me. The hardest part of the job was "you have time to lean you have time to clean" cause by the end of the day you've cleaned just about everything and youre just redoing things. And the most enjoyable was that our boss listened when there was an issue and removed the issue, so we had a drama less, peaceful and all around healthy work space!
Experience
Cashier and Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Oak Creek, WIMarch 6, 2015
This job was just a job I needed in high school to make money. Would not have been my first choice. I enjoyed talking to customers, but did not enjoy the food business in general.
Good Place To Start
Assistant Management (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Papa Murphy's is a very good place to start if you're looking to get into a job but not ready to commit to a career. There are a lot of different skills and lessons to be learned that can be used throughout your life-both personal and professional.
This place SUCKS to work at in Missoula, MT 3rd St
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Missoula,MTFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: co-workers, work environment, location
The people who work here are the worst stuck up snobs u will ever meet. They were so rude and insulting everyday that I worked here, surprising enough I actually lasted 2 months here!! Then I finally quit. I hate this place. DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Fast paced, high energy
Customer Service (Current Employee), Silverdale, WashingtonFebruary 17, 2015
During a typical day at work i usually start off by making pizzas if there's customers. If there are no customers I usually clean the make line, sweep or do dishes.
Very
Crew Member/Closer (Former Employee), Pasco, WAFebruary 16, 2015
After clocking in, we would just get right to work; filling in orders, making pizzas, restocking, etc. Very fun experience.
Fun place to work overall, really depends on franchise
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: half off, very flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons: management, pay, no opportunity for advancement
Typical day at work involved maintaining the store and inventory, cleaning, running the register, making pizzas, prepping food.
I learned how to deal with customers, handle complaints, take orders, up-sell, prep foods, clean, and how to provide customer service.

Lacked management. Manager lacked customer service and compassion for customers, owner hardly did anything and did not pay attention to what was going on daily. No room for advancement. Coworkers were ok. A couple were awesome, but there was too much drama between the majority of coworkers. Most locations are franchised so it's probably different with each owner.

Great first job, easy to learn, must be able to work fast.
Had lots of down time, especially during summer- which can be really nice at times, but also boring. Most of the customers were very nice. Hardly ever had a rude customer. Many came in weekly and it was fun to see them each week.
Friday nights were always very busy- everyone worked as a team which helped a lot. Teamwork is very important in all aspects of this job. It could get really busy at times, customers would get irritated, but overall, it was a great atmosphere that I really enjoyed. I would've stayed but couldn't deal with the lack of management/structure and the minimum wage pay that never went up despite higher expectations and responsibilities.
Great food and atmosphere for customers, poor working conditions and lack of compensation/benefits for employees
Shift Leader/Team Member (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on select items
Cons: long shifts with constant standing, lifting.
Papa Murphy's overall is great, from a customer standpoint. Quality ingredients, quick service, clean store, and medium priced pizza and sides. From an employee stand point, it is mediocre. Similar to any other fast food place that is apart of a franchise, there are a lot of regulations, which quickly stifle any enjoyment that make come from the work place. Every person under the 2 managers, makes no more than 50 cents above minimum wage, despite how long you have been there, how experienced you have been or what skills you may have, seemingly. Every shift, you are on your feet, moving from one place to another, with only one break (10 minute break for 4 hour shift, or 30 minute break for 5+ hour shift). You are expected to make pizzas at a certain pace, expected to do a gigantic list of tasks every shift. I personally feel that the pay you receive for this work is too low to actually "compensate" you for the work you do. This seems to be the reason why everyone under the head manager has about 1.5 years of experience or less, with maybe 60% of the work force having less than 6 months of tenure there.
Great place to work and had an outstanding work environment
Crew (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: no benefits and low pay.
I learned to operate a cashier. Learned to deal with many people at at once. Enjoyed translating for others. My co-workers were very great people. My job was not really hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people and having them leave with a smile, and when they come back they request your services.