Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's United States Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great owner
Cons: salary
Managed the day to day operations for the store. This included hiring/training new employees, scheduling hours, ordering merchandise/equipment and various administration tasks. Responsible for providing excellent customer service each day and ensuring all team members did as well.
Great work environment, friendly employees
Lead Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2014
I was an opener of the store. I would do inventory, enter daily inventory and sales into computer to send to corporate, sales, training, customer service, taking orders, prep food. After only three weeks going from part time to full time the store got closed by corporate.
Part Time
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Mukilteo, WASeptember 12, 2014
The over worked their under age employees and they were overly demanding. I was 16 when i worked there and was working about 25+ hours a week and being underage i was only supposed to work a max of 20 hours.
Good place to work for the most part
Team Member/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kearney, NESeptember 8, 2014
Pros: being around something i like, the job itself was fun and easy to do once trained
Cons: rush times when not enough help
A typical day would include prepping items for pizzas, making pizzas, taking orders by phone but not payments, daily duties, the hardest part of the job is to make sure everyone is on same page and doing what they should be doing.
Productive workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Enumclaw, WAAugust 28, 2014
Easy to maintain a conversation with fellow staff. Everyone got along and worked together fluidly.The hardest and best part of the job was always the customer. No customer is ever the same so the differentiation between customers brings a challenge and standard to our service.
Need to have flexible hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brighton, CoAugust 28, 2014
Need to be able to manage crew members, multi task, have great customer service, and to be able to clearly write and have good verbal communication skills
Lots of room to climb the management ladder and make money.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 22, 2014
Basically we would take orders, make drinks and run orders out to cars and make change. I learned easy tricks on making change and great serving techniques, management was great and always willing to teach and help. I worked with all of my best friends and we always had a blast at work. The hardest part would be like any job, hard to handle customers, but we got through it.
Good during college
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNAugust 19, 2014
Worked as an assistant manager and led a team during and after work hours. Performed closing and opening duties. Performed cash deposits to the bank and worked with cash registers on a regular basis. Handled money. Worked closely with the public and provided the highest customer service.
High paced restaurant and retail establishment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Durango, COAugust 6, 2014
Pros: exceptional owners
Cons: no healthcare
My nine year experience at Papa Murphy's in Durango Colorado allowed me to grow as a person as well as refine my business management skills. My time was spent overseeing a crew of up to thirteen employees, and maintaining a fast paced high volume store.
Papa Murphy's was a stress free environment.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), san benito txJuly 30, 2014
Papa Murphy's corporation is very well for a college student, not stressful at all. Great hours as part-time, loved every part of it. Never a hard part in this job.
Fun environment, Nice coworkers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: discount is half off
Cons: breaks are short
During work we deal with a lot of customers, we great them and help them with their order as well as talk to them while we prepare their pizza. If there are no customers in the store we make sure that the store stays clean and that all the dishes are washed and put away. In the morning all the prep work is done which consists of, cutting vegetables, making dough, sheeting, just preparing everything that is needed for the day. I love the coworkers I have, we all get along and it makes for a fun environment. The is not really anything that is hard about the job considering it is a pizza place. I would have to say the best thing about my job are my coworkers
Great Customers.
Food Prep/ Opener (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJuly 24, 2014
the customers were the ones that kept me going. Management needs some work, however, the owners were the types that listened to their employees.
Prep Food
Food prep (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CalifornaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: gratuity, co-workers, great team, hours
After my probationary period, at this company I was given the responsibility Of Opening Our store, and making sure food was in order and prepped for our morning rushes. I took inventory Of all items in stock and made sure i communicated with other supervisors to maintain FDIC standard.
food service
Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 23, 2014
it's a typical pizza place except you dont have too cook anything!
Easy job but no room for advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch as long as you eat there and great discounts
Cons: no guidance
There is no management, people run the place, there is no sense of order. You figure things out as you go. Customers can be great but sometimes they like to think they can treat workers any way they want.
Low Wages, Owner who only cares about money
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: coworkers are amazing
Cons: no breaks (even for minors), owner doesn't care
If you are looking for a laid back place with no managment this is the place for you. General managers change every other week and the owner is only out for himself. All he cares about is money. I made some amazing friends while working here, but they are the ONLY reason I stayed.
Great employees and discount.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 14, 2014
It was a fast pace environment, great employees to work with. The manager was always there and checking up on the crew members.
I worked hard for the customers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 7, 2014
Pros: customers, good discounts
Cons: owners, pay
The pay isn't too great. I've had good managers. However the owners weren't too helpful. i was injured at work and the owner took months to file my claim and forgot about it had even happened. i was harassed by hospital collectors, finally it was resolved. I work hard for the customers that's it.
a good company, but terrible attitudes
Crew Member (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: terrible hours no benefits, terrible crew members
A typical day at the papa Murphy's I worked at was a crowded, overwhelming and fast paced place. The place was ran efficiently and i was very impressed with the production and cleanliness of the store. And i learned how a top notch eating establishment should be ran. but the crew thinks they are better then any new person, and the favoritism and straight rudeness of the crew made it a terrible place. the manager was very good and logical but it was like living under a dictator. i wouldn't recommend the papa murphy's i worked at to any one.
Great Owners recognize all employees achievements in the work place and personal.
Manager (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDJuly 1, 2014
I have worked for this company for the last 9 years. The Myers Family has set up such a great work environment for employees and Management. They treat every one with benefits when deserved. Being a Manager has been a very rewarding experience in one of the leading markets of the Papa Murphy's family..The job has been great in so many different ways. I have been able to learn about customer service and the best way to conduct myself when under pressure. The most thrilling aspect that I have been able to learn from the Myers family is how to run a successful business everyday. The only bad thing I have to say about this job is that its the food industry. Although the food is made fresh daily, and we don't have to bake the pizzas. This Job has been an amazing experience and I couldn't of asked for a better first job.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more

Papa Murphy's Salaries