Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

Fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakevillle, MNMarch 25, 2014
Pros: half price products. relaxed management (for franchises)
Cons: very difficult to advance in career, low pay, no hard skills for other careers.
I was employed with Papa Murphy's for over 4 years. A typical day at work depends what shift you're working. Morning shifts are responsible for preparing ingredients, dough, side items, etc. The 4pm to 8pm shifts are for most new employees. These people are responsible for greetings customers, taking their orders, as well as finishing them quickly and – more... accurately. While I didn't learn any job specific skills I'll be taking with me on my career endeavors, I learned good and bad management techniques. Most of the employees at Papa Murphy's were teenagers, which required a different style of management. They were not responsive to "textbook leadership" which drove managers to adopt their own casual style of management. The biggest incentive management used was leaving early. This lead to employees working as quickly as possible to get out of the job as quickly as possible. Overall, that incentive really didn't make the company that appealing to work for.

The most enjoyable part (as well as the worst) was just working with other employees. Some of those guys were very fun and well humored. Others just wanted a paycheck and didn't care how they got it. – less
Not great. But a job.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 21, 2014
Pros: half off pizza.
Cons: management, coworkers, bugs, pay, schedule
Its crazy some days and then dead slow other days. work schedule is never consistent unless you are part of management. You will make minimum wage for a very, very long time. Management is difficult to deal with and unprofessional. The coworkers are all teenagers who tend to be snotty. I hated the unfair treatment. I loved the free pizza.
Great team, not so much with the manager
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: management
The manager seemed too tense about non-work related business. Not that it was any of mine, but he always complained about it.
The staff was fun to work with, I can relate to a lot of them. College student, trying to find a career path, and living check by check.
Training for those with special needs.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2014
Working with special needs to train them to be able to work outside of a vocational setting.
Hardest part is not having enough hours available to be able to provide more for the clients.
Is most enjoyable to see special needs employees realize that they can do what they thought they couldn't.
First Job
Lead Preparation (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 2, 2014
Was a great first job. Not a bad company culture but moving up past supervisor may be difficult.
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee), Clayton CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: chill management and good food
Cons: low pay
A good amount of work for not much compensation, but pretty laid back and fun place to work at.
best place to start working
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edgewater, COFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility with your schedule.
Great company to work for, not a lot of room to advance though. The pay is not the best.
Good, Clean enviornment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2014
working there is cool, good people come in and many people come back after they have been there once.
fun work enivorment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: management
The manager was not wanting the job dutie for management because they didn't act like a manager. Besides the manager the work enivorment was fun. I learned to make pizzas and other things. The customers was enjoyable to be around.
Fun work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: get to eat yummy pizza!
The management is great. I felt as though I was treated with a lot of respect. It was a fun place to work and I got along with all of my co-workers.
Fast paced.
MANAGER (Current Employee), Pasco Wa.January 29, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: no benifits and compensation does not match the responsibility.
Very demanding, almost no free time. Every waking moment is spent either at the store or on the phone with an employee.
Very Productive work place with great Supervisors to instruct me of task.
Food Preperation (Former Employee), Antelope, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: got to learn how to make pizza, was given a chance to better myself.
Cons: seemed like every task i was given, was a race against the clock.
A typical day at work would be me clocking in, washing my hands and getting started on whatever tasked they required done (mostly making, cutting, and weighing dough for each pizza size), which i did not no how to do. So i learned that their. Cutting spinach with a knife, slicing mushrooms with a machine, chopping tomatoes into tiny pieces, and cleaning – more... the work place and the equipment we used. The hardest part of the job would be having to do the pizza dough within a time period of 10 minutes. The most enjoyable part would be learnig and being shown how to do each ttask productively and safely. – less
Perfect Job for a first time food worker
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: discounted food items
*Job was very easy and calm
*Management was flexible for the most part
*Co-workers were friendly and welcoming
Productive and well organized workplace.
crew member (Current Employee), paradise, caJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: greeting costumers, experience, friendly work crew.
Cons: none.
In the morning we prepare all of the vegetables, cheeses, and sauces that we will be using for the pizzas we make that day. We also sheet our dough for the pizza crust and our side items: Cheesy bread, Cinnamon wheels, S'mores dessert, and cookie dough. We keep up on the dishes we need to wash while also keeping every table top or counter we use sanitized.When – more... I work at night we are mainly just preparing the pizzas for our costumers to take home and bake, and making sure that we are selling everything that needs to be sold that night. I am learning a lot about food safety and how to keep things clean and sanitized. My manager is very nice, but she likes everything to get done right on time. She makes sure everyone is doing their job and doing it right. I wouldn't say that there is really anything too difficult at Papa Murphy's. I am still fairly new here, and have a few more things to learn. All of my co-workers get everything done and keep a positive attitude while they are at it. – less
Productive and fun workplace. Amazing management, family like work environment.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Junction City, ORJanuary 28, 2014
This company helped me blossom as a person. Provided me, not only with a professional work environment, but also a friendly and fun one as well.
decent highschool job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Spencer, IAJanuary 22, 2014
This is a typical job in the food service industry. Getting a job should be simple because Papa Murphy's is nearly nationwide.
Fun place to work, team environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: pay and hours
A typical day included washing dishes, preparing pizza, and working the cashier. My co-workers were great but it was difficult to get the hours you need. I enjoyed working the cashier and interacting with customers, I disliked the hours and pay.
Fun work place
Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Layton, UTJanuary 19, 2014
Opening the store and making sure that the store has enough cash for the day.
Fun environment with great owners.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Murray, UTJanuary 18, 2014
It was very busy in the morning as all products had to be prepared fresh each day, including the dough for the pizzas.
unproductive and chaotic
Manager (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day for me there was always a scene for the dramatic. I work with teenagers that worried about there outside lives more than there work. I motivated them when they allowed me too. The owners made it hard to get everything done on time because they were always changing things and were always disorganized.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more