Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Fun and easy workplace!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTSeptember 5, 2015
On a typical day I arrive at 3 p.m. I set up my co-workers in place (such as who gets phones, registers, runners, ect) I compete against the clock, getting costumer out as soon as possible. I greet every customer that enters through our door and say good-bye as they walk out. The hardest part about my job is keeping some of my workers in place, but that can be controlled quickly. The most enjoyable part is we have a nice team, we are all friends and easy to make friends with. I decided what time each one of my crew members goes home after they have done their part for the day. I then close the registers and the store at 9 p.m, Repeatedly check that both the front and back doors are locked, everything is stocked to the fullest, all dishes are washed, lights are out, and that the safe is locked. Also discounted pizza!
Pros
discounts
Cons
No benefits, low pay
Productive workplace
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 31, 2015
On a typical day of work I would make pizza's, cleaned the store, and did dishes. I liked all my co-workers and managers I had little to no conflict with my co-workers and managers. I learned to balance my schedule really well as at the time I had FRCC classes and high school classes and I ran cross country and track. But, I was able to balance my schedule to do all of those things. The hardest part of my job was when I was on registers and I got busy it was hard because there is so much going on and there is a lot of things you had to do well helping the costumers making it difficult. My favorite part of the job was making the pizzas this could get hard too when the store got busy but, it was much more enjoyable then counting money.
Pros
Got to work with social skills, discount on food
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work while completing other life tasks
Crew Member/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAAugust 26, 2015
I got this job while I was still in High School so I wanted a job that would be fun environment to work in while I was completing school. I was involved in a lot of high school activities my senior year so I wanted a job that would work well with my hectic schedule. Overall this job was a great experience and I gained lots of friends. Great place to work for young adults and high school students.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Part-time, Worked wiith schedule
Cons
Had to take extra shifts because some of the workers called in a lot
Mostly fun environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CaliforniaAugust 5, 2015
o Promoted to Shift Lead in five months
o Managed 2-5 people a shift
o Made custom pizza order
o Handled telephone orders
o In charge of keeping inventory at working levels
o Handled deposits and keeping change at working levels
o Worked cash register
Pros
Pretty flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Awesome
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 4, 2015
read last review. This was my first time working for the same company. My other review will fill you in. I don't feel like typing it again
Pros
50 percent off pizzas
Cons
lack of hours
Good job
Assistant Manager, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 4, 2015
Great job for someone looking for a job for the first time. Day starts with prep for the day, Making dough, some days grating cheese, prep the toppings, washing dishes, making pizzas, helping customers on the phone and in the store. Evening shift is all about customer service and then cleaning the store after the shift is over.
Pros
Friendly environment, get to know your customers, worked with great employees and get to know your co-workers
Cons
A lot of standing and walking. Has some heavy lifting depending on the shift you work
many years of thought
Manager, Faribault & Mankato (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 1, 2015
Easy work, besides a lot of prepping vegetables and sides. Very fast paced, often sort staffed. the employees worked hard and listened. Owners did not communicate or visit. High turnover rate in both management and staff. Mangers did not seem to stay much past 2 years, if longer it seemed they were let go
Pros
50% off pizza, hours, staff, vendors and guest
Cons
owners, no support for long term employees, lack of communication and support
Customer Service focused
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering phones/taking customers orders and preparing them. It is a laid back environment that is excellent for a part-time job. There is little opportunity for advancement, though that's not unlikely for a part-time job with few employees.
Decent place to work, good customers
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, Cottage grove, mnJuly 24, 2015
I worked my way from pizza maker to Assistant manager but that is where it stopped. The pay was low for me and it was just time to move on. I worked a lot with teenagers and that meant that drama happened quite a lot but It was a great experience overall.
Pros
free pizza every week, mold young minds
Cons
Drama in the work place, professionalism was lacking
Positive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 24, 2015
Good company, hours are very limited and often not given to the correct staff member Management was nice i enjoyed some of the employees.

Want to know more about Papa Murphy's?

Ask a question
Fast-paced environment with strong team work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 22, 2015
At Papa Murphy's it was quite an experience- it was my very first job. I didn't know what was a good management or what a job was supposed to be like. This job really outlines my view of jobs. I was a cashier and a pizza maker. I started off as pizza maker and it was pretty easy because all you do is learn the variety of pizzas they have and make them correctly. It's easy to follow directions especially when they're in front of you. The cashiering part is fun too because you talk to customers and you answer their inquiries about pizzas and you show them what you like best. We also did cleaning up which is simple- mopping, sweeping, dish washing was big. My co-workers were okay, they were friendly but serious most of the time because we were always so busy. They helped me a lot and we've laughed at each other for making dumb mistakes too. The hardest part of the job was probably getting to know all the pizzas because Papa Murphy's has a lot and a lot of different ingredients. The most enjoyable part of the job was during Halloween or valentines where we make special pizzas. The line gets really busy and it goes out the doors. It's incredible!
Pros
Free Pizzas!
Cons
No benefits
Good High School Job not so much after
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, MTJuly 22, 2015
Working at Papa Murphy's is a good job for a high schooler to have. Beyond that however not so much. Hours are good when needed just the pay isn't worth the amount for time used after all the years working there. Employees are all nice people along with the Manager and Assistant Managers doing the best they can for everyone.
Fun and easy job.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTJuly 22, 2015
Typical day for a prep cook was to be there around 8am and start prepping everything for the front. This includes cutting vegetables and cheese, making dough, and making sure the store is stocked up for the day.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Weekends can be super busy.
good for a partime position while in school
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 21, 2015
typical day at work requires standing all day, making pizzas and dough. learned a lot of teamwork, management was awesome!! everyone was really nice there.
Cons
pay was terrible
Fun and upbeat place to work, perfect for sudents
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 21, 2015
Great management and owners, co-worker are fun and enjoying creating an atmosphere for customers to want to return. Typical day includes prep work, side work, pizza making, and guest services. The hardest part for me was learning all tasks from crew member to manager in under a year. The most enjoyable part of the job was the crew, a close team that worked efficiently together, and of course my regulars!
Pros
bonuses for managers
Great place to work!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 18, 2015
For me it was a great place to work. A great balance between work and home life. Everyone should like more $ with less responsibilities.
To much like a drill team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJuly 14, 2015
It was a wonderful place but has to high of an overturn rate. The work place really had no devolved training schedule or manners in which people where trained in. The management didn't take the time to train properly and would become very frustrated when someone asked for help.
Good for High School Students
Team Member (Current Employee) –  SacramentoJuly 13, 2015
Job was enjoyable mostly because of customers and coworkers but the hours were minimal. Impossible to make a living. Easy work though.
Great leaning experience for first time job
Crew (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KsJuly 12, 2015
Was a great job to work at. I loved it there the only reason I quit was because I needed better pay. The owner of the store was great and easy to get along with for he was the one that also managed it so we got to work with him.
the company
Cook prep (Former Employee) –  parkland waJuly 9, 2015
was nice owrking here good people good environment. not too fast paced and everyone was always nice and hard working. making pizzas was the most fun and dealing with some strange customers was probably the only issue.