Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

I really enjoyed working here due to the customer affiliation.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westminister, CoSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: my staff and my ability to help others.
Cons: no insurance or benefits.
I enjoyed the crew I was working with, I enjoyed upper management, I enjoyed the pace of work here and I ultimately love being able to help customers.
An Enjoyable job, fun working experience with kind and fun loving employees.
Cashier, Closer, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Rochester, MN NWSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: the smell of pizza haunts you
A typical day would include making anywhere from one hundred to three hundred pizzas while maintaining a clean environment and a stocked store. The best part of the job would have to be working with a food that I really enjoy, and that's pizza.
Productive, fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: half off everything
Cons: no lunch, short breaks, pay
Always on the go. I learned how to communicate with others in different rooms. Hardest part was having several things to do with a time limit, but it was always done on time!
Fun an always Upbeat Work Day
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Woodland, WASeptember 4, 2013
stock the line with veggies, meats , cheese and sauces make pizzas answer phones an restock dough cheese sauce or meat or veggies dishes an keeping the work area safe an sanitary
i learned how to make pizza the amount of each topping that goes on the pizza
co-workers were very easy to get along with an easy to communicate with and understanding
nothing – more... was really hard about the job pretty easy going an fast paced to keep me busy
i loved meeting the new people that would come in everyday we had our everyday usual – less
Review
❸ Cashier (Former Employee), Monterey, CaAugust 24, 2013
Pros: discount on foods, good training, easy schedule
Cons: short breaks, complaining workers
Working at Papa Murpphy's Monterey is pretty nice - ignoring the drama of many workers complaining about their personal lives and such. It's a clean place, with an organized area to work with, and the Manager is very understanding about not working someone too hard. However, it isn't a job with any room for slackers. There are always customers to deal – more... with, either on the phone, or greeting them as they come in the door. It's a relaxed atmosphere, however, and the supervisors are always quick to help when it's needed. – less
Productive fun learning environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORAugust 22, 2013
Cons: short breaks
Papa Murphy's is a good place with great people. A very clean environment. The work is very manageable, direct, and well done.

The people that work at Papa Murphy's are trained to make a customer happy and enjoy their first experience. They are also trained to keep a store looking welcoming and friendly.

The hardest part about working at Papa Murphy's – more... was getting all the co workers opinions and making it into one, but the most enjoyable part about working at Papa Murphy's was getting to know everyone and working with great people. – less
Good people, hard workers, bad management.
Crew Member/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAAugust 21, 2013
Making pizza, shredding cheese, making and sheeting dough, making cookie dough, handling preparing and serving food, supervising the crew as they carry out daily tasks, provide excellent customer service at all times.
Great job for someone in school
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Anthony, MNAugust 20, 2013
I had an enjoyable experience the entire time I worked there. I liked working in customer service and got along well with my co-workers at the store.
Making pizzas.
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: simple and easy job
Cons: little hours
This was a good starter job as a teenager. Typically I went into work and would start taking orders and making pizzas. Washing dishes and doing the nightly cleaning was also a part of my job.
Good place for High Students
Crew Member (Current Employee), Parkland, WAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: worked around my schedule
Cons: pays min. wage, not enough hours
The manager and owner of the store are really friendly. My manager worked with me all throughout my senior year. During fall and winter there is a lot of business, however when the summer rolls around things got slow. That is when it really mattered to me because I am trying to pay for college.
Kind staff
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Oregon City, ORJuly 31, 2013
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: only worked twice
Everyone was helpful and were very kind. They were never quick to judge. Staff was just basically kind and helpful.
A productive and fun place to work.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 30, 2013
Come in and prepare enough dough and vegetables for the day. Make any pre ordered pizzas. Answer phones. kepp the work place clean and provide great customer service.
Papa Murphys'
Closer (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, guaranteed days off.
Cons: little to no hours, short breaks
I learned a lot form working at Papa Murphy’s. From working there at such a young age I’ve learned great customer service. Always making the customer happy and adjusting your personality to fit their s so you can work with them in a more effective way. I’ve learned to communicate with others. I learned about commitment and the importance of being a – more... reliable employee and moving up on the totem pole, so to speak. Overall it was a great learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that you have basically taught yourself how to talk to the customers and relate to them as you are selling them a product. – less
Wonderful job and peple
Sign Holder (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 22, 2013
Pros: fifty percent off the clock discount, free lunch on clock
Cons: not enough hours
Fun, strenuous, enjoyable love my work .
Coworkers are nice couldn't ask for better management.
Hardest part of the job s the weather. Favorite part is the attention
Always FUN and busy!!
Shift Manager/ Head Prep (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 22, 2013
Pros: happy customers all the time.
Cons: poor pay.
A typical day for me at Papas Murphys was always a day full of experiences. Your working with teens, and family oriented Managers. It maintains its comfortable yet had working and always friendly atmosphere, even on a bad day. I was always learning something new, mostly about myself, and the types of people you will come across in your career choices. – more... I gained a lot of self confidence working there, along with great Customer Service skills. The hardest part of the job for me, was never knowing when I would get a break or get to go home, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom. – less
Individual owners vary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 22, 2013
The two owners I worked for had no sense of caring for the employees & their family commitments.
Fast paced fun place
Manager (Former Employee), Canby, ORJuly 21, 2013
Papa Murphys rules and I love their pizza! It can be a really fast paced work environmen depending on your location and time of day but its fun to work with food. It gets repeptitive so you have to find ways to challenge yourself by making faster pizza times of excellent quality pizzas.
Papa Murphy's
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at Papa Murphy's you clock, and immediately start preparation of the pizza dough. After you prep the dough, then you have to sheet the dough. That is about all I did in this job. I did help make the pizza, and prep other foods.
very fun people to work with
Pizza Maker & Cashier (Former Employee), farmingtonJuly 12, 2013
Pros: free pizza
Cons: having lots of dishes that wernt done
fun place to work although it could be better.some employees didnt know how to speak english
Fun and Friendly Mostly
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: fun, friendly, convenient
Cons: managment, pay rate
The job is fun and easy, Im still learning new things when they give me a chance. Everyone there is super friendly and easy to be around, except the manager. The down fall is I don't get enough hours and the pay is low.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more