Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employer Reviews

Productive, fun, humble environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2014
The work experience was great with very humble coworkers. The customers were all very friendly to an extent. Management could have been a little better.
Fun but slow paced environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 27, 2014
It was a good safe place to work but some of the people were rude.
Pizza Paradise
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2014
Pros: discounted pizza
A typical day of work depended on what shift you were working, working in the mornings typically included more prep work, getting the store ready for the evening rushes since people generally buy pizza in the evening. The evening shifts were more hectic, but in that also usually more fun and energetic. I learned a lot about customer service and what – more... working in the service industry is really like. I also learned other important things like how to create amazing customized pizzas and how to throw dough in the air. Being a part time job for a high school student it wasn't a bad place to be. – less
Fun work enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 17, 2014
I was a shift Supervisor. I worked both opening/prep shifts, as well as evening/closing shifts. I enjoyed my time working here. They were very good working with my schedule when I started working a 2nd job. All the people were nice and very friendly.
Fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Oskaloosa, IAMay 13, 2014
A good place to work to develop people skills needed to advance in careers in life. You and your co-workers will most likely develop a good friendship that will last years after working together. Hardest part of the job consists of dealing with unpleasant customers.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Troy, OHMay 13, 2014
so sad its gone now but i loved it when it was open. it always had nice people and kind workers. the manager was always so friendly and understanding of anything that happened.
Productive and Vibrant Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNMay 8, 2014
I loved coming into work and all my employees had smiles on their faces. There was never a dull moment. There was amazing teamwork all around. I learned a lot about customer service and a fast, but presentable outcome to all situations.
It was fun assembling pizza's
Crew Member (Former Employee), Saint Croix Falls, WIMay 5, 2014
Pros: free pizza for lunch.
Cons: not many comps.
A typical day would consist of prepping toppings and the dough for pizza. After that I would sheet the dough so it can be made into a pizza. I learned how to make pizza's from scratch. My co-workers were fun to work with. All in all, it was a very fun place to work.
Great launch pad
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Richfield, MNApril 29, 2014
Great place to get your feet wet with the food industry. A place where you can develop skills that will help in the long run.
Not bad for young people, not enough to live on
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2014
Was hired as supervisor, but wasn't treated like one. Worked with good people. Good job for younger crowd
Great opportunity to practice customer service and communication
Crew (Former Employee), Neosho, MOApril 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: rare discounts, inexperience management, no raise after 9 months
As a student, I worked the afternoon/night shift, completing all closing duties with one other employee. This included making pizzas and sides as customers requested, stocking all ingredients for the morning crew, running the cash register, taking call in orders, cleaning the make-line, dishes, floors, and coolers nightly, as well as counting down the – more... drawer and closing for the night.
The manager at the time lacked experience in any managing position, and was in near constant conflict with the entire crew, 2/3 of which had been there years before the new manager arrived. Crew complaints were given to the owners, but the manager was never evaluated. 9 months in, over half the original crew had either quit, or had been fired by the manager, including myself, with no reasoning given.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make various types of pizzas, as well as getting to know the customers. My co-workers and I recognized who the regulars were, and they looked forward to seeing us. My co-workers were easy to get along with, fun, and knew the difference between work and play. – less
fun place to work
Prep Cook and Pizza maker (Former Employee), fairbanskApril 18, 2014
The people that worked there where great but the management was only worried about making money not about the employees.
Fun
Team leader and shift supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this job it was fun and creative and I loved interacting and getting to know the customers. We got into the community and tried to help out as much as we could.
A great place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 16, 2014
Papa Murphy's Cleburne, TX I worked hard to get everything done, i was nice with costumers, kept a positive attitude and when i wasn't doing anything i went to the back to see what was needed to be done. I broomed the lobby and the back rooms so it would be clean and we wouldn't have to do as much work when we were about to close. I also washed dishes, – more... i help prepare the doe so it would be ready for the next day to be prepared and be put on the plates. – less
pizza
General Manager (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2014
made the customers happy! I learned great responsibilities, handling money, etc
Good first job
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Bonney Lake, WAApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management, hours
Typical day is coming in doing morning chores and then either getting all produce done or going and cutting cheese or prepping dough. Also answering phone calls
Fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakevillle, MNMarch 25, 2014
Pros: half price products. relaxed management (for franchises)
Cons: very difficult to advance in career, low pay, no hard skills for other careers.
I was employed with Papa Murphy's for over 4 years. A typical day at work depends what shift you're working. Morning shifts are responsible for preparing ingredients, dough, side items, etc. The 4pm to 8pm shifts are for most new employees. These people are responsible for greetings customers, taking their orders, as well as finishing them quickly and – more... accurately. While I didn't learn any job specific skills I'll be taking with me on my career endeavors, I learned good and bad management techniques. Most of the employees at Papa Murphy's were teenagers, which required a different style of management. They were not responsive to "textbook leadership" which drove managers to adopt their own casual style of management. The biggest incentive management used was leaving early. This lead to employees working as quickly as possible to get out of the job as quickly as possible. Overall, that incentive really didn't make the company that appealing to work for.

The most enjoyable part (as well as the worst) was just working with other employees. Some of those guys were very fun and well humored. Others just wanted a paycheck and didn't care how they got it. – less
Not great. But a job.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 21, 2014
Pros: half off pizza.
Cons: management, coworkers, bugs, pay, schedule
Its crazy some days and then dead slow other days. work schedule is never consistent unless you are part of management. You will make minimum wage for a very, very long time. Management is difficult to deal with and unprofessional. The coworkers are all teenagers who tend to be snotty. I hated the unfair treatment. I loved the free pizza.
Great team, not so much with the manager
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: management
The manager seemed too tense about non-work related business. Not that it was any of mine, but he always complained about it.
The staff was fun to work with, I can relate to a lot of them. College student, trying to find a career path, and living check by check.
Training for those with special needs.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2014
Working with special needs to train them to be able to work outside of a vocational setting.
Hardest part is not having enough hours available to be able to provide more for the clients.
Is most enjoyable to see special needs employees realize that they can do what they thought they couldn't.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more