Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Papa john's
Team Member (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free soda
Cons: exttrememly part time
wash dishes, prep toppings, inventory overall clearn up a lottle cashering here and there.
fun place to work for
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Sutherlin, ORJanuary 24, 2015
great place for a first job, great atmosphere If I had to do it over again i would start my first ecperience there,
Lots of interaction with new people
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Herriman UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: we get all of our own orders of pizza at 1/2 off.
Cons: this employer does not offer health care or full time.
I help prepare the pizza dough and toppings for the day. In addition to making the various items that are sold out of the grab and go area of the store. The management is excellent and they treat their employees well. My coworkers are upbeat and positive. They make work fun. The hardest part of the job is when a lot of people come into the store and I feel that I am not as fast at completing orders as other employees who have more experience than me. My most enjoyable part of the day is when I am working at my own speed to complete tasks.
Great environment and fun workplace.
manager after only three months (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2015
- My day consist of many things, including restocking all produce for the evening, running registrar, running front line, and handling any customer complaints.
- I learned how to work in a fast passe environment efficiently and effectively. Working here also helped me further develop my customer service skills.
- Are management team including myself always strived to create a positive environment for our team.
Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off merchendise
Cons: part-time shifts anywhere from 3-6 hours long.
Working with people that share a passion for their work is something that can't be replaced. Working for Pap Murphy's was by far my favorite job, and to this day remember how to prep at least 75% of their pizzas. Given the opportunity, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
hostile enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), murfreesboro tnDecember 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no breaks
cashier
management is poor
the hardest part of the job is dealing with vendors
I like my coworkers
it was a good starting job
Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 9, 2014
i loved my co workers and i loved every thing i did but thee management was bad
The customers were great, fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), Bremerton, WADecember 7, 2014
A typical day would include book work, setting up registers, prepping, opening, making pizzas, making sure the crew is doing what they are supposed to do. The employees and customers made the job fun and easy to do. The hardest part of the job was being unprepared and behind, it makes the days longer and more stressful but we always managed to make it work. The most enjoyable part of the job was WOWing the guests by making their pizzas fast and getting them out the door with a minimal wait time.
Enjoyable and family friendly
Sign Shaker (Former Employee), Meridian, IDDecember 5, 2014
My typical day at work was standing on the corner, shaking a sign. While shaking a sign on the corner is quite boring, and sometimes difficult in the heat, I still enjoyed it. I got to listen to music and dance. I also didn't have to interact with people, so sign shaking is good for people who are shy, such as used to be. I didn't really get to know any of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when it got to be really hot outside, but I did get to take breaks.
fun and clean place to work
Food Cooking Machine Operator/Tender (Former Employee), Rosemount, MNNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free pizza after 18 hours of working
Cons: didnt have a clock out time, depended on busyness
awesome job it was fun learning the culture and making the best take home pizza, we all worked as a team and made sure are costumers were very happy! i worked there for 1 year and became crew manager and managed front line and phone service! maintained a clean store while stocking the back of the house and front!
Work
crew member (Former Employee), germentownNovember 15, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: alot of work for money, no breaks, owners
Alot of work for the money, although it is easy work. Never feel appreciated.
Productive and happy work place
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 12, 2014
Crew members all worked as a team and made the tasks of one another easier on each other. Customers were always satisfied which made us satisfied.
Enjoyed the work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WINovember 3, 2014
Pros: fast pace!
Cons: poor management
I loved working with the costumers and the hands on work. I was unfortunately there during a time when management was less then par.
Boring Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 24, 2014
Pros: cool staff
Cons: everything else
If you're just looking for a typical boring restaurant job, here it is. Low Pay, Okay hours, Decent Management, Boring Schedule
Fun work environment, but few opportunities.
Certified Supervisor (Current Employee), Apple St, BoiseOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun work and coworkers.
Cons: no tips, rarely raises, no benefits, and no free food.
I've worked at Papa Murphy's for over 3 years. Over the course of these three years I've learned about leadership, teamwork, and being able to have fun AND work. Some downsides to this job are 1) there are few opportunities for raises. The ownership rarely allows raises. In my three years working there with a class of certification to be a supervisor, I went from 7.25-7.85 and that's before I took the class. I was promised a raise after the class along with other supervisors and none of us have gotten anything. 2) Management: it depends on every store, but they are sort of similar. I've gone through 6 managers in 3 years. Management will promise you raises, but it takes sometimes up to 7 months to see them through. Also, they are bad about listening to feedback from the employees. 3) It is a business where many employees come and go. Papa Murphy's hires a lot of young workers, many still in high school or right out of; which means a lot of the employees are just passing through. (a little extra money on the side, saving for college). The work itself is fun. Working as a team is a good lesson in life. It's high energy, busy work, and good company.
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great employees
Easy job duties.
Very flexible shifts.
Employee discount.
Busy
Team Member/Key Holder (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 13, 2014
- Preparing food items daily
- Taking orders via phone and in person
- Recording inventory
- Janitorial duties
- Opening and closing duties
- Cashiering
not the place to work if you want equality
team member (Former Employee), pittsburg caOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off a pizza once a week
Cons: you dont get many hours, and the hours you do get are not guranteed...
i, personally, was treated unfairly...i at most got 8 hours a week, while everyone else got 10 or more...not only that but most of my hours were cut, supposedly due to not enough work being done...i was reprimanded for doing my job correctly while other employees got away with not wearing the uniform and not making tags for the pizzas...i was fired but i only was informed of this a week after the fact...the manager i had didnt listen to everyone and wouldnt review security tapes to verify anything...all in all if you want a decent amount of hours and to be treated semi-fairly do not work for this company
a work day..
crew (Former Employee), colorao springs, colorado 80917October 3, 2014
Pros: i was never bored working here.
Cons: not getting along with management
Working at papa Murphy's was a very easy job. All you had to do was work a cash register, have good customer service. While working in this fast paced environment, you were making pizza restocking toppings and working with others to complete the task fast and correctly.
Really depends on what kind of ppl you work with.
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Lakewood CO 80232September 29, 2014
I hated this job not because of what I had to do but because of the ppl who worked there. Most of them were lazy and would do anything they could to avoid doing their job duties.

About Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country, operating over 1,000 franchised and corporate-owned locations in – Read more

Papa Murphy's Salaries