Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews in United States

Good customer service experience with challenging atmosphere
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAJune 2, 2016
Working at Papa Murphy's, like any other job, had its pros and cons. This was my first experience of working in the food industry. The work environment was rarely stress-free. Employees were expected to keep a very fast pace while keeping positive customer connections. Management also seemed under great stress which was in turn shed on the employees.
Weekends were exceptionally busy. The shifts were sometimes understaffed and full of demanding customers. Co-worker connections were difficult because of the unit output we were all expected to achieve in the short amount of time provided. My fellow co-workers were usually stretched thin and very often irritable. In this stressful atmosphere I was able to learn how to find the positivity in a hard situation. I made myself maintain a positive attitude while continuing to be a motivating team player. This was a more challenging working position but it gave me the opportunity to gain new skills and practice a good attitude in the work place.
Pros
Experience in customer service
Cons
Constant stress among employees and management
good first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WA 98944May 30, 2016
great working environment. Awesome co workers. good manger and works well with my school schedule. great first time job.
Great company
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 27, 2016
Good working environment, nice people to work with. Great product that was the mainstay of the company.

Great benefits
A Good High School Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 26, 2016
A typical customer service job. Take orders, make pizza's, clean up the store, etc. The worst part was the customers who forgot that the workers are human. The best part was the coworkers and the nice customers.
It was fun
Pizza maker, Register, Phone skills, Clean (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and enjoyable. My co-workers were great people. I learned how to make pizzas and use a cash register.
Papa Murphy's is a good first job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 25, 2016
work here if you want an easy job as a sixteen year old. It's easy to learn, slow most of the days, and very flexible. Managers are usually very laid back, as long as you have a solid work ethic.
Pros
Food is free or cheap
Cons
no real breaks, just times where there is nothing to do
Fun workplace
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
This job is great for young adults in high school and need a flexible schedule. The employees are great and it is a fun place to work.
Fun environment, fresh hand prepared food
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVMay 21, 2016
Papa Murphy's is a fresh and innovative company with the abillity to provide a quality product to all customers. As a Shift Mgr. I was able to provide customer service as well as interact with employees. Everyday was a fun and exciting experience with customers and staff.
Pros
Accdepts food stamps
Cons
No dilivery
Versatile job with friendly coworkers and sometimes demanding taks
crew member (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work for me varies. If I work earlier in the day, I do prep work such as preparing food and making side items. If I work a closing shift my responsibilities include answering phones, taking orders, making pizza, stocking soda coolers, the make line, etc., cleaning and organizing, helping customers with their questions and needs, and using the cash register. I get along very well with my coworkers, which makes the job enjoyable for me. The hardest part of the job is when we get super busy, because we are usually understaffed. I am used to these type of situations, so I am familiar with working as quickly and as efficiently as possible to get customers in and out as easily as possible while still making it a pleasant experience for the customers.
Pros
50% discount, close at 9 pm, get along with coworkers
Cons
strict health code, get called in often at times
Shift Team Leader
Shift Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 19, 2016
-Oversees one to two employees per shift
-Handles cash
-Manages registers and prep sheets
-coworkers communicate well to get tasks done
Friendly and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 19, 2016
If you work a night shift, you're mainly working on creating pizzas, taking orders either over the phone or in person, using the cash register, answering any questions from customers (customer service), and cleaning up and closing the store. If you work a morning/day shift, you're mainly doing food prep, taking care of product orders, inventory, and occasionally creating pizzas. I've learned a lot about customer service and how to handle the not-so-nice customers while keeping calm and collected all while solving the situation/problem. I've also learned that when it comes to the food industry you have to work at a fast pace or you'll be left behind. The one big thing I've learned is that you should never think or act like you are above your superiors because they know what will help the business prosper. There's a lot of young people that work here so we're always cracking jokes and laughing all while doing our jobs. This is a good job for a teenager looking for a first job.
Pros
Fun co-workers, free pizza, breaks every shift
Cons
No benefits, low pay, not many hours
learning experience
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
it was a good job but the longer you stay there the less you get out of it. they didn't seem to mind me just doing a lot of the work and avoiding customers tho.
Pros
free pizza when less busy
Cons
no breaks, never repaired anything
Enjoyed the work, people but not the hours. No flexibility.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNMay 15, 2016
Enjoyed the work with prep and working with customers. Days are long and very little freedom to leave the store. Team members are great to work with and are hard workers. Really enjoyed the office work.
Pros
Free pizzas, working with customers
Cons
Long days and every Saturday.
Fun place to work and you walk away with lots of satisfaction
Team Member (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 12, 2016
The best thing about working at Papa Murphy's is you always get to work with lots of great people, because it is an assembly line for pizzas, so you need lots of people working at once, and there is many of jobs you can do everyday.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Short breaks
Not a great job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 10, 2016
Papa Murphy's was my first job, and really my worst one. The work was simple and easy, but the employees are horrible. They're lazy, rude and have bad managing skills and zero teamwork.
Pros
N\A
Cons
N\A
Loved working with the people...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 9, 2016
owner of this company doesnt treat his employees fair, or even appreciates them... he expects way too much with out willing to return in back. All if you do not pay close attention to your hours and track everything he will short you on your checks.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
owner is a fraud doesnt value people
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 5, 2016
A typical day on the job consists of a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning list as well as various other opening prep duties. I've learned how to be able to run every aspect of a store if needed because I've been at this job for a year and work all different shifts. The management is fantastic and my manager really works with you on your schedule or any needs or issues in the workplace. My coworkers are a team and we work together nearly seamlessly. The hardest part of the job is getting by on the pay, there isn't as much room for advancement in this store as I would like. Everything else about the job, however, I enjoy immensely, which is why I am looking for a second, part time job rather than leaving for a completely new job.
Greay First Job
Cashier/Staff (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 5, 2016
The staff is very welcoming and always ready to accept and train new employees. They are patient and can help you develop the skills you need to move further into the work force.
Papa Murphys Pizza
Crew (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT 84078May 4, 2016
When i went to work i would start my daily duties on the job and go through my shift doing whatever needed to be done. I learned more how to handle food and how to make the pizza. I did not feel the management was very good. There was not good communication. People were always goofing off and not a lot got done. The hardest part of the job was probably closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get a long well with the customers and when they loved the good service.
Life at Papa Murphy's
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXMay 2, 2016
The work wasn't too bad, the customers were great, the management wasn't that great to the employees, the owner was fine. The hardest part of the job was the drama filled day between the employees and management and the most enjoyable was the laughing we had and good times with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6