Papaya Clothing Employee Reviews

Sugarloaf mills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 18, 2017
You had to wear all black on weekends. Their rules were stupid. If you weren’t talking about anything that had to do with the store you would get written up. They didn’t even have a break room lol. Time went by slow. It was very annoying and boring to work there. The pay wasn’t worth it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
store owners are very cheap.
Asst. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 15, 2017
Was an ok job...the owners were very cheap! No benifits at all, workers are poorly treated, at first they are stingy with work hours, get good amount of hours only based on how you are it is only up to them.
Pros
Cons
Breaks are only 15 minuets long ..
im good customer service and how to take care of it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 13, 2017
I learned how to do customer siervce and how to organize and also the how to clean the area and how to speak to people also we got be on time clockout
not even a place ill recommend my enemy too
Supervisor/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 1, 2017
its just a poor job. I wouldn't advice no one to work there. communication is poor. management sucks but store manager was cool. no employee stays for long. its a stressful job
No hours at all
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Give good customer service, merchandise, and always organizing but no matter what you do its never enough. They won't even hire you if they don't like the way you look.
first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 13, 2017
On this job site we would help get customers needs. Greet them and made sure we were there to help. Had to make sure store looked presentable and always up to date.
Enjoyable workplace, but no room for advancement or pay raises.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 12, 2017
Working at Papaya was a great experience. The employees were wonderful, the hours were flexible, the work was not complicated, and customers were often pleasant. However, after working with the company for nearly 3 years and obtaining a role in management, I never received a pay raise. My position required much responsibility, as I would be held in charge of the store, handled all of the money, supervised the employees, and closed the store on my own. The owner expressed that no one would receive raises, and so I decided to leave.
Pros
Great companionship and enjoyable work environment
Cons
no benefits other than store discounts
Fun place to get your feet wet in the working world
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 11, 2017
fun place to get your feet wet in the working world even during the holidays I would recommend it just beware of the management they can be tough on someone who is new
Pros
tell you when your break is
fun people
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GASeptember 4, 2017
they are really nice. fun working and shopping there. the team was really supportive. helped by picking up your hours if you could't make it. very fun.
Pros
free food on black friday!
Cons
worked black frida
Decent First Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 28, 2017
The only thing that got me through this job was having a good and respectable manager. There is very poor communication between higher ups to the store itself. From what I saw there was no room for growth outside of in-store management. Duties were very basic and the job had minimal stress.
Do not apply
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 26, 2017
NEVER WORK HERE! Not any location in Virginia or DMV area! Management is the absolute worst, including district and regional management. Save yourself the hassle of unnecessary stress and extremely horrible pay with no benefits at all. Papaya clothing has filled bankruptcy!
Fun and Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2017
Working in Papaya consists of helping customers in the fitting rooms, customers at the Cashier. My manager was very nice, and understanding. My team was very supportive.
Pros
working in the mall
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, Outdated, Unorganized work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 24, 2017
Pay was inconsistent and unfair. Company does not offer electronic payment, only paper checks. Clocking into work consisted of a time stamp on a piece of paper. Wages are extremely low, even for full time or management. Company does not offer any benefits for full time or part time employees. Company was constantly changing store policies, policies were inconsistent.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Productive , fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2017
the management was great , loved it , customers can be rude but we delt with it . The team got along , and everyone was always happy , everyone loved whi they worked with too
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 22, 2017
The people who work there a great and friendly. Gets a little bit some days, but nothing that we can't handle. Overall great place to start if you don't have experience.
not worth it
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2017
working here was definitely not worth the pay. constantly having to do slave work for only $7.25. very unfair. do not recommend this to anyone who has bills to pay.
Okay job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2017
Time seemed to move so slow with this job, pay was poor, they had a 16 year old as a manager, like seriously this job was so childish. Work here only if desperate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 9, 2017
I loved my work experience there it was awesome . Besides being on my feet all day an dealing with rude customer's an the theft . The security was poor.
fun enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Very fun environment to work, you learned good customer service skills. I learned how to operate cash. the hardest part of the job was probably dealing with rude customers . But at the end we always found a way to make the customer happy.
If you like low wages, no benefits, favoritism, bad managment then this is the place for you!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 7, 2017
The pay here is very bad, you start at the actual minimum. Impossible to advance since the manager has favorites. If you aren't her best friend then you'll never ever get promoted. Only good thing was the employees(some).
Pros
You can ask any day off without being questioned
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, bad managment team.