Paper Source Employee Reviews

Awful upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 9, 2017
The worst DM ever played her managers and associates against each other. Wants you to clean up the mess previous manager left than she turns on you and blames it on you. And she knows who she is miss Florida state games I have to watch don’t call me when they are on. And if you aren’t in her little click of managers no matter how good you are at your job she’ll make your life miserable.
Pros
Product
Cons
Worst upper management including HR
Very creative enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAOctober 29, 2017
A wonderfully creative environment, both customers and employees were extremely nice. Not great for the hours, only full time employees are the store managers. Everyone else is part time. Sales associates get 4-5 hour shifts a few days a week.
Pros
Great discount you can stack onto clearence items
Cons
Few hours, little chance for advancememt
Employees are unappreciated
Admin. Assist/Cust.Serv. Rep/Batch Clean-up Spec. (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, ILOctober 12, 2017
This company expects way more out of employees than they are willing to pay. refusal of annual raise with no date as to when we will if we will recieve another one. All of their hard working employees are leaving some willing to go back to temp work because of the new culture at Paper Source. No unity. unfairness. and so much more.
Pros
great co workers.
Cons
management takes care of management and step on the lower level workers.
Started off great then went down hill
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILOctober 4, 2017
The company changed over to new management and from there the morale and everything went down hill. I have been with the company for a while now and I am so unhappy. NO raises because sales are slow for 2017 and possible no raises from 2018. I have only had a 30 cent raise over the last 2.5 years. If you ask management questions they catch an attitude with you and if you go over their head they retaliate against you. It is a lose lose job. You have to keep you mouth shut and not say too much or you will not be in their good graces. They do not value their employees.They are all about making a dollar anything outside of that they do not want to hear it. They ask for opinions and this is done just to make the employee think they are being heard because it goes in one ear and out the other. The co workers are great people but they often get passed up for internal opportunities. They rarely promote from within unless it is someone who is already a higher up. I would not wish this company on my worst enemy. Low wages and worked like a Dog with mandatory overtime
Pros
Location, parking
Cons
health care too high, poor management, do not value employees
Steady and Peacceful
Poduction (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Its an easy job and you get to either stand or sit. The people are great and very helpful. I don't really have much to say about it for the simple fact it was a simple job and getting hired through the company dosent take long just keep your attendance up is all.
Not a great experience
Senior Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
It wasnt the best experience for me, but to my understanding updates to management have been made. It was very unorganized and toxic environment and management didnt invest in their employees.
great place to work
Call Center associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILSeptember 9, 2017
very great place to work, even though it was only seasonal, great people and great management, always willing to help as a team, sometimes the phones can get very hectic at a busy time, but thats to be expected.
Pros
overtime for holidays, great fun atmospere
Cons
no benefits for seasonal employees
Creative
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 23, 2017
This is a fun place is you love being crafty. You learn different techniques to craft and get to show them to customers. Its a small ream so you become family like.
Pros
you can create
Cons
not a lot of hours
If i didnt need a check i will not walk into the forest park distribution building
Inbound/putaway (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, ILAugust 22, 2017
All they do is work u into the ground. Learn everything under the roof than hire supervisor form outside than have u train them. The teams makes it okay to be there.
Just stay away. Don't know how the stores are ran but this warehouse is fing horrible along with management.
Cons
Creative company with room for advancement
Full-time Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work is excellent customer service, stocking and organizing the store, and crafting with customers and co-workers! I learned so much working for this company. Crafting techniques and inventory just to name the basics. The company in general is amazing. Workplace culture is fun, but hard working. Always on the move. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day and all night. The most enjoyable part is you get to work with extremely creative people in a fun work environment. I would work here again in a second!
Pros
crafting, designing, fun environment
Cons
short breaks
Really fun crafty place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 18, 2017
I loved being able to create and get crafty at work. I loved being able to teach workshops and classes. My only problem that I had was that my manager didn't want to work around my school schedule (I was working towards a bachelors degree). So I was asked to quit or go on reserve (which meant that I was only going to get one shift maybe every two weeks) and I really needed the income so I decided to just go ahead and quit and had to find a new job.
Pros
Great discount and you get paid to color and use glitter!
Cons
Inflexible scheduling managers
Enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2017
They have a great work environment. I have learned many skills associated with sales and organization. Never a dull moment, always keeping busy. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time when everyone wants things wrapped, but I have learned how to maintain control and work efficiently through it.
Fair
Stocker/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2017
Just a basic fast paced stocking warehouse that was internationally known delivering product all over. A temporary job that went out of business. No complaints.
Productive and fun workplace!
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 7, 2017
Paper Source's motto is to "do something creative everyday", while working here you truly live that out. A typical day at work includes helping customers find their perfect product for their project as well as creating promotional material and providing creative crafting demonstrations to all levels of experienced customers.
Interesting workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 6, 2017
Large emphasis on sales. Wish it had been more with creativity. Product knowledge is a plus. The team is great to work with and bounce off ideas. Customer interaction is also a big push.
Pros
Getting creative
Cons
Sales goals
Fun fades
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 23, 2017
I had an awesome time working for PS for the first few months or so. Shortly after things got old. We had great clientele; some that were happier than others. The vibe in the store was often heavy & negative. Store manager was horrible & was inconsiderate. They tell you one thing & do the complete opposite. Corporate office was just as bad. They claim to care about their employees but really don't. They only care about the money.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, Short Breaks, Minimal Hours
Ps
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJune 19, 2017
My time at Paper Source was fun, not because of the managers or the work environment. Rather, because of the work and the people who worked there. The management had no idea of how to do even the most basic duty. They were never willing to get their hands dirty. Everyone felt disposable and the time spent there is not appreciated. Not a bad job, only poorly managed.
Pros
3 breaks a day and a wide variety of duties to perform if you're apt enough.
Started out as a fun place to work at but that slowly faded away
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
It was a great place to work at when first started but once it turned corporate the culture started to change and not for the better of the associates.
Creative and fun
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
If you are passionate about crafting and arts, this is a great place to be. People who generally shop there come for cards. You learn a lot about ways to craft and DIY. The pace can be a bit slow depending upon which location you are at. Management can be very overbearing and micro-managing. Remember, "It's just paper!"
Experiences Vary By Location
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 20, 2017
The South Central regional manager is terrible. I've heard good things about other regions. Last minute, very detailed directives. Always short staffed; no hours, loads of work! The products are great and so are the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paper Source. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9