Paper Transport, Inc (PTI)

Paper Transport, Inc (PTI) Employee Reviews

horrible
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2016
Was fired because a driver in a 4 wheeler called and said I was playing on my phone and I was running off the road.. But they didn't have proof from the camera that was supposed to go off..What's the use of having cameras in the truck then??? And had the camera cut on while I was in my bed sleep
Pros
pay
Cons
management, threatens to fire you over small things
good driver managers
Semi Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 30, 2016
Driver managers get you home when you need to but they need a little more training in trip planning. They are very helpful and try to get you miles. Nice newer trucks.
Pros
good home time
Cons
not enough work
Good Place to Work
Jacksonville Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2016
Paper Transport is an excellent company that is growing very quickly. They are wonderful to work for, and they really care about employees.
Awesome
Professional Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 18, 2016
Great place I want to go back to work there again one day. Amazing people all the way around, best place I have ever worked for in my life
Great Place to Work
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 16, 2015
Paper Transport is an incredible place to work! Management is amazing and helpful! This company makes a tough industry, transportation, somehow fun and challenging everyday.
Run!
driver (Former Employee) –  albany GaApril 13, 2015
They Claim family environment... That's a joke, From the 2nd day of orientation safety manager and maintenance manager were rude, talk down to you, act like your nobody the way They come across to drivers. Always looking to blame you for things that you didn't do. The list goes on and on. Worst company I've ever seen. If you are considering this company I'd keep looking!
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
horrible atmosphere and terrible relations between management and drivers
Great OTR Company To Work For
Driver (Former Employee) –  MidwestAugust 23, 2012
If you are looking to go to work for an otr company PTI is one of the best, Safe Equipment, Great dispatch, can plan ahead of time know a couple loads ahead. Home on time on weekends if you want. Have yards in Milwaukee, Racine, and Green Bay area to park trucks and your personal car. Have detention pay, and will not send you farther north east then Ohio, unless you request it. I left because of a family issue, but recommend this company to any one.
Pros
safe equipment, good load planning, home weekends
Cons
normal otr problems
Worse Trucking Company to Drive For!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 31, 2012
The Driver Manager is very hard to get along with also the Operations Manager is very difficult as well. As a former employer I was very disappointed with the company as a whole. I pride myself in working hard and working in a team enviroment. This company does a very poor job with supporting their workers.
1# Paper Transport violate personal values
2# Paper Transport fail to take care of their team (Drivers) Pay is not good at all!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
safety manager always wants to place you on probation, high turn over rate of drivers
worst company I ever worked for in the 36 years of driving
truck driver short haul regional (Former Employee) –  greenbay, wisc.February 4, 2013
I like how all the websites say this is the company that treats there drivers with respect. Funny for a compant thats been around since 1990, how come the longest drivers that are there now is a year, do some research before you go with this company, you will be real sorry if you dont.
Pros
management threatens drivers all the time
Cons
wages low, mileage pay lose 300 miles a week compared what you drive
Very good company to work for
Tractor Trailer Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2012
A typical day at work included picking up toads and delivering. I learned to be patient and go with the flow. The management was great. I worked well with co-workers, we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was waiting long hours to be unloaded by the clients. I enjoyed the flexibility.
Pros
this company has newer equipment
Cons
sometimes i spent all of my 34 hours over the road
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay WIFebruary 9, 2015
You work very long hours, which leaves you time to take care of any business you may other than work. It's not an otr job but it may as well be since you spend 14 hours a day in the truck . Other than that lots of work
Pros
great equipment
Solid trucking company
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2012
This company offers excellent benefits and a great working environment. Good home time and good pay, weekly mileage varies a little in the off periods. Overall this company has diversified into natural gas pumping stations and equipment.
Pros
good home time
Cons
mileage varies from week to week.
Great Company to drive for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay WIJanuary 25, 2013
I have Driven for several companies and Have owned my own truck. I really enjoy working for PTI... Load plannig is great I can count on knowing what Iam doing a day in advance, PTI is very flexable and saftey is there top priority. pay could be a little more but when do we ever make enough in this industry
it's a great place to work
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  albany,gaNovember 19, 2014
really enjoy working with this company. hometime with this company was awesome. on a sunday evening i'd leave from the house, to deliver the next day. only to return home tuesday. this was a routine, with the ga-fl flip route they had me on.
Great job
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day working at paper transport would be to do a pre trip inspection on my truck, plan my day according to schedule,and end my day with a post trip inspection of me truck.
Pros
great pay, good hometime.
Cons
having to work some weekends
Not productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, flDecember 16, 2013
My personal experience was not a good one dispatching was poor, pay was not great and they say its supposed to be a team enviroment. But you cant get along with anyone. Very bad company
had a tv room
Driver (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 18, 2013
drop an hook,you had to work hard to make money,good people,good,getting up at 2 am to leave,they where a very good company to work for
Pros
good trucks
Cons
no time off
great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  OH to LANovember 21, 2014
well balanced company....easy work set travel areas..willing to help you with family time.
Pros
concistant miles
Cons
travel areas
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  cader spring,gaSeptember 30, 2013
up load,unload load,the hardest thing was my dispacther never listen
na
Dedication Driver (Current Employee) –  albany gaFebruary 24, 2014
i transport freight from location to location at a daily bases

Paper Transport, Inc (PTI) Reviews by Location