Papermart Employee Reviews

Family owned business for packing and shipping supplies
Transportation Manager / Roadnet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orange CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2016
Generous work environment with competitive benefits. Several company sponsored events celebrating it's employees. Incentive programs for peak season activities and alike.
Family run, great environment, fun place of business
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 2, 2016
Hardest part of the job was the tedious counting of inventory daily and having to be bent over for hours on end the best part of the job was the friendly coworkers
Supportive management and family business
Project Coordinator/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 19, 2014
Everyday responsibilities included incoming and outbound sales communication with customers.

Developed sales relationships with customers and capture sales orders of $3,000+.

Manage a newly developed quotes processing department for efficiency and accuracy to improve quote times without increasing head count.

Managed order tracking and dispute resolution between customers and 3rd party vendors

Co-workers were incredibly supportive as mentors and incredibly cooperative for cross-functional activities.

The most difficult aspect of the job was balancing the amount of varying tasks needed to be completed.
very good job good work enviorment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2014
Starting the day was busy helping coustomers managers work along side us and did all the same duties we did my co workers were great I learn how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was inventory time we did a lot of it . My co workers made a lot of freinds
Pros
discounts
Cons
shortbreaks
a good working experience.
Shipping Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  city of industry,caAugust 7, 2014
people gave the chance to learn the DO's and DONT's in managing a department,
good
Guard (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 21, 2014
paper mart is a challenge everyday low pay but I have alot of fun and friends
Family oriented and fun to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2014
My normal day was to open the warehouse and print reports of merchandise sales and see what needed sent out on a daily basis. This included about 2,400 items I was responsible for which ranged from everyday to every season and holiday. I would then let the employees know about the deliveries of the day and also coordinate with the store managers. Every week I would do payroll for the warehouse which included totaling the previous weeks hours with holiday, vacation etc. I would load and unload trucks with pallet jacks or dollies or by hand, with the help of my crew. The hardest part was the manual labor, but by no means was it awful. I attribute the labor of the warehouse for keeping me in good shape. Dealing with the weather and being outside a lot of the time was part of the job that wasn't to fun as well. All together I spent 16 years doing this job and the best part was the people. After working with everyone for so long I could answer the warehouse phone and know the manager just by their voice, they would just start talking and forget to tell me which store and who they were but it didn't matter because I knew. We all worked very hard but also knew how to have some fun too.
Pros
Relaxed but busy, nice people
Cons
long hours, cold warehouse
productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 16, 2014
good work experience
i learned alot
management was sub par
co worker were cool to work with
Amazing family business.
Iventory Control/Replenishment Tech (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 21, 2013
The Frick family, what can I say? They are a blessing. They are involved, they are passionate about their products and encourage feedback from their employees.
Pros
They treat their empoyees with respect and have good benefits.
Cons
Financial advancements are minimal.
Ok place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 17, 2012
I had originally applied for a job with Paper Mart doing some graphic design and some data entry. After a while my role had change into more of a data processing. Which i have been doing ever since.

This is a typical day:
Data Processing & Sales Support

* Processing of sales orders, follow-up on shipping and tracking of orders.

* Processing of return authorizations.

* Development of spreadsheets and reports that include daily and monthly data.

* Assisting senior management and Salesmen with initiation of orders and managing client relationships and expectations.

What I have learn is to be quicker when it comes to typing and entering information. As for management my supervisor is very understanding when it comes needing to leave early for class etc. the hardest is usually at the end of month trying to process the orders in order to close the month.
Pros
the benfits, job security
Cons
right now the commute, no advancement
Life at Papermart
Driver/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 11, 2012
New job hired as a drivers helper then became a CDL driver class A
I had to learn the routes it took a while but, I did it this was a great place to learn and learn I did as the time passed I was trusted to teach the new drivers that were hired after now thats a great feeling
my first time put in a position as a instructor I enjoyed it the number
of drivers I helped is not important what is important was I help out
they were all thankful it made me feel good to help out and I hope
they are passing on what they know and being safe drivers.
Pros
meeting new people, passing knowledge on to others
Cons
traffic, construction, detours