Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Employee Reviews

Very demanding
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2017
Great company if you are looking for part time hours or fast cash as a server. Long hours and guest are very demanding. This company is new to Birmingham and has a specific crowd that doesn't fit with the company's expectations. The training is a rather long process and training days pays minimum wage. The uniform policy is very strict including hair and color of fingernails and you are required to get your $30 white shirts and white aprons dry cleaned. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make on the job, and most of the management team seems to care about the employees and their well-being.
Pros
25 percent off meals
Cons
No health care benefits, no breaks.
Good Work Enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXMarch 16, 2017
The training is quick and seamless. The customers and usually courteous and are there to spend an hour or two with their friends or family. The shifts on the weekends are busy and there are plenty of customers in the weekday nights to make $100.00 at the end of the night. Shenandoah is a progressive town that has many people looking for a good time at a quality restaurant. The management was good but not great. The main managers are great but when a new manager comes in he or she looks to make an impression that can not always be to the employees likening.
Pros
free lunches, quick money, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent pay out
Productive and fast paced work environment
Server, Togo Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2017
-Managed 4+ tables each shift to provide a memorable guest experience and to help the restaurant with time management to ensure impeccable service to every guest
-Presented new entrees and refreshments to guests to increase customer satisfaction and company sales in order to maintain a returning number of guests everyday of the year
-Improved leadership skills in order to work with other employees as a team to maintain guest satisfaction and to learn and perform time management skills
Pros
Positive work staff, awesome teamwork and team building
Cons
Cliental, poor management team, favoritism
Productive and fun working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
very organized and clean working environment. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of people. We had customers of all walks of life. Training was required for all employees at any level. Everyone was helpful and knowledgeable in regards to every moving part in the restaurant. Professional working environment.
Pros
free meal when working doubles
Cons
little to no breaks breaks
Great work experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 20, 2017
5 star Learning experience, serious on menu knowledge, hectic business extra busy environment. just have to figure out your way of serving your guest and sticking to it. great tips no experience necessary upon applying they will teach you everything you need to know offered employment opportunity in catering and leads
Pros
free meals great pay great experience for new servers and knowledge
Cons
no cons
Good place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Money was always great. You walk out with cash in hand. Overall staff was very friendly and easy to get along with, no one really disliked each other and management was great and very cooperative with schedules especially with school. Hardest part of the job was the hectic busy weekend nights but seeing your friends made the job overall enjoyable.
Pros
good moneu
Cons
no breaks even on weekend
Unequal treatment of employees
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2017
I have had a bad experience with Pappadeaux because they do not require parties of 10 or more to tip anything. Servers are not rotated in and out of big top sections equally. There is no money to be made in big top sections and leaving with $20 on a Friday night is pitiful.
Pros
25% discount at your location only
Cons
No free food, no automatic gratuity for big parties
It is what you make it
Server (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Nice location area. Near major highways and by 2 malls so we stay fairly busy. Management definitely are hands on team players. Tips can be really good or horrible depending on how slow/busy we are and the clientele. Overall it's a fun, welcoming place to work. Easy money and easy for advancement.
Pros
Easy money, flexible
Cons
No breaks on weekends, can't bring food home
Fast Paced, Energetic Environment with Diverse Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHNovember 30, 2016
As a manager at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, I was responsible for dozens of employees daily, ensuring that all position responsibilities were executed to the highest level. I loved the quick pace of the environment because there was always something to keep me moving. We, also, had a very diverse culture including the employees and guests. Each employee molded to the role they earned and worked as a team so the restaurant would run smoothly and guests left happy.
Pros
High Energy, Good Compensation, Diverse Staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Very Interesting Work Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 21, 2016
A typical day as a server includes starting your shift with a meeting to go over featured items, a focus for the day and out of stock items. While working here, I have sharpened my time management and interpersonal skills. Working as a server at Pappadeaux, we are completely dependent upon each other as a team. The hardest part about the job is trying to do damage control when everyone isn't on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers who have similar goals and aspirations that you do
Pros
The restaurant is always busy
Cons
Servers do not get breaks or are allowed to eat
Server, To-go Server, Gift Card Santa (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Pappadeaux's expects a lot of their employees, and that's how they keep their standards high and customers coming back for more. The food is phenomenal. Employees are well trained and are encouraged to train in as many different positions as they are interested in.
Pros
Great earning potential
Productive and Fun Family Restaurant Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
This was my first server job, but my experience here was great ! Pappadeaux is a family restaurant with great food and great customers. It could be overwhelming at times on the weekends, but it was a rewarding position.
Pros
Our team was amazing!
Cons
Short or No Breaks
Productive learning environment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical day of work:
arrive in the morning to check schedules and get ready for the shift.
-Manage the set of the restaurant.
-Manage guest satisfaction
-Manage staff and procedures
The job was high energy and fast paced.
Co-workers guest driven

The most enjoyable part of the job was staff development
Pros
Incentive cards, contests
Cons
Insurance could have been better
Productive, Great Service, Energetic, Safe Workplace,
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2016
Pappadeaux's objective is to give the best service everyday. From the moment customers enter, a welcoming vibe is what they experience. As a hostess, you learn to interact with the people that come in everyday. Mangers are always there to help out and show support. Coworkers are social and they are great team players. I really do not think there is something hard about this job. If you go in there with a positive attitude and a smile on your face, your shift will start off great and end the same way. The most enjoyable part of the job is just the feeling you get when customers thank you for the high quality service that was given. There is nothing better than knowing they left happy and will come back.
Very upbeat place with fantastic food
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed mostly the people i worked with and the food that was served here.
I became very good at what i was doing and my pay reflected that.
management and myself bumped heads here and there because of small issues but that tends to happen.
all and all, great company.
Pros
FOOD
great place to work
Host Boards Runner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
great staff, and fun environment! I never had any problems amazing place for a first job to get the training and experience. Even the 8am meeting are full of fun and gaining relationships with everyone in the work place.
Pros
helpful team
Cons
hours
Stressful and Overbearing
Floor and Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 13, 2016
Management was regularly micromanaged and were expected to translate to the staff as well. I felt intense pressure on a day to day basis and that pressure translated to my personal life. I had the feeling of being a number and not a part of a team.
Its a great company to work for, I have been with the company for almost 7 years and its been a really great learning opportunity.
BOH staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2016
My experience with Pappadeaux was great, I worked most positions which really prepared me and was beneficial to my success as a manager. My favorite part of working there is definitely all the amazing people I had the pleasure of working with. the hardest part would be the stress it adds to life outside of work. Its a full time position which is great, but extremely difficult if you are a student and financially support yourself.
Pros
If you are a supervisor you are elligable to earn tuition assistance while your in school
Cons
very difficult to balance work, school and a life outside of all of that. you usually work 50+ hours a week.
advancement is easy but work is hard
Front of the house Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
a job for a single and unmarried person. most times you dont leave the restaurant until 2 in the morning. I loved the people I worked with but the work life balance is not there and its super stressful
Great place to work. Taught me to have a great work ethic.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Pappadeaux is a very close staffed establishment. As a company they focused a lot on teamwork from front to back and vice versa. Great benefit opportunities and advancement options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

89%