PAPPADEAUX SEAFOOD KITCHEN Employee Reviews in United States

Higher end serving of upper quality seafood in family restaurant chain
Server (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 13, 2016
Extremely competent management allowing servers, bartenders and cooks to provide best in class services to their guests while offering freshest and high quality seafood.

Great work environment - Easy to learn and adapt to different situations through team work and reliability
Restaurant company with great consistency
Head waiter/team leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2016
"Very good company and fun place to work. Management very good. Company prides itself on quality and consistency across the board.
Pros
People
Cool Place
Busser (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Good place to work, high volume of people and busy days especially as a busser which is fun, but there are late nights, overall I really enjoy working there.
fun, good atmosphere
Food Preparation and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILFebruary 1, 2016
loved the people working there, you get a sense of different backgrounds and where people come from all walks of life. taught me how to work hard and be on time and value what you are doing as a employee.
Pros
people, food, atmosphere
Cons
money, customers. long nights
productive workplace
Waitress/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2016
fast pace and very busy. We strive to provide a positive experience for our guests. Management is very strict because they expect nothing but the best from all staff from the back of the restaurant to the front of the restaurant. Guests come to have a good time and Pappadeaux employees do that for them. The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of the night when I count my earnings.
It's ok
Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The environment of this restaurant is negative due to upper management. A typical day would be come in for the shift and have preshift to know what to focus on and then go to work. Learned a lot about different fish, if you listen. Management is OK. Only a select few will listen to you. But that is at every place you go to. Co-workers are the only reason the job is why and why majority of people stay around. Hardest part is dealing with difficult Guests and having everything comped off the ticket, even though it was not your fault, and it could have been the kitchens, but you still suffer from the tip. Most enjoyable, is the shorter shifts and the co-workers (non-management).
Pros
Good tips, great advancement opportunities, flexible schedule (if you state it from beginning in interview, and not a manager), fun co-workers
Cons
Slow days, upper management attitude
Amazing Co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2016
Working at Pappadeux was a fun experience every day. The people I worked with were amazing with high energy and great team work skills. The only hard part about working at Pappadeux were the slow days, but I found my work most enjoyable when I had a full section and easy going guests.
Decent money but not a great company to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
The management does not respect employees whatsoever and the schedule isn't as flexible as it should be. Too much favoritism throughout the company. Only bright side is that coworkers are friendly and you make fast money. There are opportunities for advancement though.
Best job so far
Waiter/ Barback/ Dishwasher/ Busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
The management team really helped you out with anything you needed. Any schedule that could work for you also worked for them as long as you kept it within the full-time hours. Walk in to work and everyone has a smile on their face and ready to work. I learned so many things while working at Pappadeaux such as; How the food is made, how to carry a tray of food the proper way, social skills, and how to be a team player. Hardest thing I ever had to do at this job was probably working on my own. There were countless times where I would open the restaurant by myself as a Busser/ Barback.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Felt like I was alone at times
food running
runner (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILNovember 16, 2015
This place doesn't exist anymore so not much to say. I ran food for servers and did other random jobs managers told me to do. I was in high school so I vaguely remember the atmosphere or how management ran things
fast paced enviroment
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 6, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving in the perfect uniform and setting the tables and any other job the night shift before didn't complete. After we have our shift meeting which is ran by whichever manager is working, going over the features, and any changes we are under, by the end customers are arriving. I then proceed to serve and give excellent customer service to our guest. The hardest part of working at Pappadeaux would have to be learning the menu when you first begin. Once you're through training things slow down a lot and the job as a whole is very enjoyable.
Pros
Fastpaced, clean environment
Cons
Not many benefits
Fun atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2015
This is a great entry level job. You learn a lot about working in a group as well as service skills. It is also easy to move up in this company.
Fast paced Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 13, 2015
Working at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen has provided me with many opportunities to learn new skills and work in a fast paced work environment. As a shift manager my typical day included assuring all the staff followed proper procedures when providing high quality service to our customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is working alongside my employees which gives me the chance to provide them with feedback and coaching opportunities on how to better the experience for the customer. Working in such an environment has allowed me to gain interpersonal skills that are beneficial in any industry. My time management skills have benefited greatly from this position due to the fast natured environment of working in a restaurant. Management has been nothing but supportive my whole time at Pappadeaux, there are always senior managers that are willing to provide insight on any situation you come across.
Excellent job to build customer service
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2015
Great restaurant with strong reputation. Chaotic at times but allows for servers to perfect customer service, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
A restaurant
Waiter, Bartender, Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Picked this job up out of college, had a good time. They made me a bartender and I learned a lot about restaurants regarding inventory and management. My co-workers were a lot of fun, and I still keep in touch with some of them. The most difficult part of working in any restaurant is double shifts, and some more challenging guests.
Pros
Great staff, discount on food.
Cons
Short breaks, no time off
What is it like to work a Pappadeaux
Server (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 6, 2015
Quick money and good for people who are looking for a good income with a flexible schedule. If you do everything they tell you to do it will work out fine, but remember everyone is replaceable.
Fun environmnet
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 26, 2015
There are a lot of employees because it is a high volume restaurant. A family atmosphere is created and the money is very good. Very good job for a college student because of the ability to pick up shifts.
High-paced friendly environment. You'll love the people you work with.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXSeptember 13, 2015
You clock in, almost immediately start getting tables, and it goes from there. You're constantly doing something whether it's serving food, drinks, or checking on other tables. Your coworkers will be the best part about working here. Management seems to have an unusually high turnover rate, but they're typically all friendly people.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the difficult customers.
Pros
Great coworkers, friendly environment..
Cons
Short breaks, no free food.
fun workplace
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
I typically worked long shifts as a hostess, but it was always enjoyable because of my co-workers and the management. It was like going to work and not even realizing you're at work.
Great Place for growth
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
Waiting tables has always been to me, the ideal job for young adults as myself to get a taste of the real life hardships they may endure further down in their specific lines of work. Whether you ultimately decide to remain in food & beverage or move on to your personal line of work as I am pursing myself, this kind of job will teach you how to "hustle" for your needs and how to maintain a living while pursing a degree.
Pros
lots of money
Cons
very strenuous physically

PAPPADEAUX SEAFOOD KITCHEN Reviews by Job Title