Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Great food, great money, excellent management. The most structured company I've ever worked for by far. Excellent focus on teamwork, management was helpful and supportive of staff, rush hours were well coordinated. Training was efficient and organized.
Pros
Quick advancement, Free Lunch/Dinner for shift leaders, Great money
food is amazing
Hostess/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
a typical day at work would me greetting guess and making sure they had a nice place to sit and eat. i really love good food and this is a place for so much good just like homecooked food.
Pappadeuaxs is very well organized.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I liked the money i was making at pappadeauxs, i really did not like the GM at the 410 location. You work longish shifts but you make good money to compensate for the long shifts.
Pros
Money
Cons
No breaks for doubles
Overall good starting job
Server (Current Employee) –  bedford, txJanuary 13, 2018
It is a great place if you are looking for quick and easy money. A typical day at work consists of starting off as soon as you get there, taking care of tables, and making sure that you meet all guest needs.
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I like the location of the restaurant. Staff and management are very friendly and want you to succeed. Best part of the day is the money made. No real hard part for me.
It was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Working here was alright. I didn't get great table sections most nights and many of the staff members had worked there for years. I made a decent amount of money as a novice server.
Pros
discount food
Cons
negative work environment
Great training program
Kitchen Manager/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2018
Good training, salaried managers be prepared to work 50 plus hours per week. Bonus goals are usually unattainable. Manager salary for the responsibility and hours is a little low.
It was ok
Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 22, 2017
As a hostess, i couldn't complain it was my first job and i got paid $10 an hour. Being a hostess and having to deal with Friday and Saturday night's were definitely the worse but other time it was very nice and relaxing.
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2017
Monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables
Answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties
How it was.
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXDecember 18, 2017
It has great food. And good managers. But the co-worker were awful and rude. They never spoke English to me and only made my work days harder on purpose. My voice wasn't heard
Productive work place environment with a top both training program for fast track managers
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2017
In my professional pursuit I value most the pride and investment a company expresses towards the growth and advancement of its employees and the consistent desire to improve and enhance and I can't say that enough for PAPPAS restaurants. I have genuinely enjoyed getting to learn and advance in my training as a manager and feel like the program really pushed me ina. Positive way to perform at a new level of potential I was not aware I was capable of. At this point in my career I am looking to challenge myself to further grow and expand my experience and expertise in the hospitality industry and will be forever grateful for the foundation pappas has built in me. I look forward to any future opportunities I may come in contact with and know to approach them with a determined and positive mindset.
workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 6, 2017
Its a fun enviroment. hostesses are very welcoming, as well as the servers and bartenders. very high volume, sever training is about 3 weeks and they train you very well.
Fast paced with great people
Manager, Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2017
The staff works hard to uphold the standard but never misses a beat with each other. Training is a huge focus, as well as continuing education as new product and marketing opportunities arise. The management team I was one meshed well for the most part, but work needs to be done to ensure effective communication through all channels.
Host (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2017
Nice place to work at. Everyone is really helpful and they help you out whenever you have questions. Managers are professional and listen to your comments/concerns.
Good experience out of college
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 29, 2017
Was a great opportunity fresh out of college. They train you in the Pappas way and you really learn a lot. Tons of hours in the restaurant and with the crew.
Pros
good learning atmosphere
Cons
lots of hours
Get in, make your money, and leave.
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 12, 2017
In the restaurant industry, being a server is stressful. Although management has an extremely high turnover rate because of the stress created from the job, it gets projected onto its servers. With that being said, you can go in, work as hard as you can, make decent money, and leave.
Pros
easy money
Cons
management, stressful
Great work place but could also be better.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 10, 2017
Just like any other job, there are good and bad days. Working behind the scenes is very different compared to working as a front of house employee. The job can be difficult sometimes but it's also rewarding when looked back on.
Pros
Free lunches, Funded Pappas Gift Card, Benefits
Cons
Pay Rate, Communication Skills
my frist job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
Since the seafood kitchen was my first job. so this the place where i learned my customer service experience and what a natural working place would basically look like. The hardest part of my job was
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
manager
working at pappas
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2017
working at pappadeaux was a very fun experience, the people there were very welcoming and friendly. it was always a good environment to be in. everyone there seemed like a family.
Nice place
Server (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 7, 2017
Great place to work if you are willing to work. You have to be very good with customers and know what makes it work for you. Learn how to deal with people.
Pros
Money made is on you
Cons
Money made is on you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.