Par Mar Oil Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Unrealistic Job Duties
Associate (Former Employee) –  WVSeptember 13, 2016
This company is horrible! Their expectations are so unrealistic it is ridiculous! Two-faced management & sticks up most corporate butts! It would truly be a sight for some of the condescending hindends that come & judge your stores, to come & try to do everything they tell you is very possible to get done in certain time frames, done daily. Personally, I don't believe that a Manager should just stay in the office all day. You get more respect for them, if they are helping the employees as well.
Pros
Cons
Believing other staff, instead of listening to the Managers
horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 30, 2016
This job is plain horrible will not work with you for appointments or school will write you up for everything manager was excuse me but a witch substitute the B but just bad
Fun environment
Operations Supervisor/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 22, 2016
I was able to advance very quickly and I was able to advance and learn as I grew in the company. I loved working with everyone they are a great group of people. Very dedicated and hardworking. The hardest part of this job for me was the very long hours. The long hours after a while did affect my health and home life.

But, I did love my job!
Pros
Easy to advance
Fun
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly, WVJanuary 15, 2016
Loved working here. It was always busy so there was always something to do. Customers got treated like family as well as the staff. All the employees treated everyone with respect. If you wanted to learn new things others were willing to teach you.
The more you give the more that is expected.
Manager (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 29, 2015
Typical work day consists of doing things 3 times because home office cannot get things right the first time they send a directive. Lots of favorites are played. The more you do the more they expect. Pay increases are a joke. Newly hired managers are paid close to what long term managers are paid. Insurance is so overpriced you cannot afford it. Would not recommend working here unless you are just passing through on your way to a better job!
Pros
Easy physical work
Cons
Upper Management bullies subordinates
Keeps me active and on my feet as I much prefer
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work, in all honesty, is picking up everyone else's slack. I am an educated young man who should not be working such a down-grading job. Don't get me wrong, a job is a job. However, the store I work at is a joke. The management is unbalanced throughout the employees. My manager gets on me to do everything because he knows I am the one that keeps the store running. On a worse note, he is too much of a pushover to tell everyone else to carry his or her own weight. There are no hard parts for this job because I do the same routines daily. The worst part of the job is actually my most enjoyable part as well, simply because I have more to do and less time being bored. All in all, a job of this nature is not for someone with my status.
Good Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta OhioJuly 1, 2013
co-workers were great, the job was easy to do I learned how to operate a cash register
Fun working with the employees
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVMay 28, 2013
A group of young woman able to work and laugh together. I learned how to meet new people. Manager was awesome at the time. Most enjoyable part of the day would have to be when the prison guards came to get their lunch, they were all so nice and funny.

2.2