Par Mar Oil Company

Par Mar Oil Company Employee Reviews

The more you give the more that is expected.
Manager (Former Employee), WVMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Easy physical work
Cons: Upper Management bullies subordinates
Typical work day consists of doing things 3 times because home office cannot get things right the first time they send a directive. Lots of favorites are played. The more you do the more they expect. Pay increases are a joke. Newly hired managers are paid close to what long term managers are paid. Insurance is so overpriced you cannot afford it. Would not recommend working here unless you are just passing through on your way to a better job!
Keeps me active and on my feet as I much prefer
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work, in all honesty, is picking up everyone else's slack. I am an educated young man who should not be working such a down-grading job. Don't get me wrong, a job is a job. However, the store I work at is a joke. The management is unbalanced throughout the employees. My manager gets on me to do everything because he knows I am the one that keeps the store running. On a worse note, he is too much of a pushover to tell everyone else to carry his or her own weight. There are no hard parts for this job because I do the same routines daily. The worst part of the job is actually my most enjoyable part as well, simply because I have more to do and less time being bored. All in all, a job of this nature is not for someone with my status.
Understaffed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harrisville, WVApril 24, 2014
Pros: employees tend to receive discounts monthly on certain items
Cons: no lunch breaks and long hours standing
Great for a first time job for those looking to gain job experience. However, due to individual store staff shortages employees are expected to work between eight to twelve hour shifts while standing. Lunch breaks are not given regardless of what company says. General rule of thumb is that store cannot and must not ever be closed during normal business hours. What with staff shortage, it is often the case that each individual store can have just one employee working at a time. Since that employee is expected to run the registers, stock and greet customers around the clock the employee cannot feasibly take a break. Convenience stores seem to be exempt from mandatory lunch breaks due to staffing issues. Beyond that, it is a great way to gain experience and to broaden ones horizons in that you become more of a people person.
Good Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Marietta OhioJuly 1, 2013
co-workers were great, the job was easy to do I learned how to operate a cash register