Par Pharmaceutical Employee Reviews

Very competitive company
Packaging Operator/ training qualifier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 8, 2017
I was a packaging operator. My job requirements were to package good quality product for out customers. I was also a training qualifier. I made sure that I trained our new hires on all of our machines on our assembly line. I was also a active line lead for two years. I had to make sure that my line was producing good quality product at a safely and timely manner.
Pros
Worked well as a teammate, very good learner, excellent trainer, great lead
Cons
Dont work well with imature people
Nice Place to work for full-time permanent employee
Temporary Position through VOLT Workforce (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYJune 8, 2017
I was a temp my employer was Volt Workforce not Par Pharmaceuticals
I was brought in to help them catch up with their access database, which had not been updated since August of 2014.
Good Management
Friendly People
Pros
Nice Place to work
Pleasant work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJune 6, 2017
Worker at Par as a Temp in the Woodcliff Lake location. Its was a pleasant experience, productive work environment. The management was very professional and co workers were very helpful.
Highest Turn over ratio.
Blending Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 15, 2017
Employees have great communication and tend to work well with each other. Training can be a little bit more hands on in manufacturing. Management seems to care more about production then employee development depending on your department. The hardest part of the job is not knowing whether you have a job or not based on mergers and acquisitions of other companies and career advancement opportunities. I enjoy the fact that employees support each other in different outreach programs such as the MS walk or Autism.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Whether those benefits will last.
Decent company to work for
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 2, 2017
It's an ok place to work for. The constant changes makes the environment feel unstable, but for the easily adaptable it's no big deal. Some management are really good at their jobs while others are not.
Productive and very fun workplace
QC Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2017
From my experience working at Par Pharmaceuticals , the environment is wonderful. The people that you will be working around are very kind and helpful, as well as very knowledgeable. The Supervisors are caring,understanding, and willing to assist you in any way possible . And, the work environment is very relaxed as long as your work gets completed. Overall, I would say that Par Pharmaceuticals was a great place to work during brief stint working there.
Pros
Flexible work times, easy going Supervisors that are very helpful, and great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Its about who you know
Trainer for new employees in multiple departments (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2017
advancement is based not off knowledge and skill but who you know.
pay is good
benefits are also great
over all its a solid job if you have no interest in moving up
Great production
Administrative Assistant/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 1, 2017
all good it was a pleasure and I learned a lot and keep learning excellent company to work for a lot of growing you can do at PAR PHARM it is an international growing company
Pay: okay; Insurance: great
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2017
The pay was okay but not great, and the working conditions were not great either. Management did not want to upgrade existing equipment or pay for new equipment unless it was directly tied to releasing product; this meant that other tests that were required frequently took way longer than necessary and were less safe.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Lots of self-love and insulated management
Great work environment and great management team
Quality Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
- The culture is really great. the management is very helpful and supportive.
- it's always about productivity so no micro-management.
- the coworkers believe in team spirit.
The toughest part of the job is the multi tasking which sometimes can be not part of your job description which i consider it a positive point
Pros
Top management is always engaged and reachable

Want to know more about Par Pharmaceutical?

Ask a question
Management changes a lot and so does the way things work.
Project Engineering (Aide) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2016
Have learned a bunch about management in the engineering field. PAR like most pharma companies has too much red tape to go around. Expect deadlines to be drawn out because of waiting on endless paperwork sitting on other's desk.
Great environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYNovember 3, 2016
This was a hardworking and tight-knit team that really pulled off some amazing feats during a very challenging time of transition for the company. It was a great experience.
Productive, very easy and straightforward
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYOctober 18, 2016
Usually an assignment is assigned at the beginning of the day, and we get coffee for 5 minutes and get started on the assignment. it honed my Excel skills due to the fact that we mostly worked on data entries and bookkeeping for certain departments. The coworkers are a very fun group. The only hard thing about the job is the constant lifting other than that it's a very great job
PAR or whatever they call themselves now
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2016
SUCKS ROCKS!!!

I hated this place so much I had to write a review and I never write reviews.

Don't waste your time even looking at the employer I doubt they will even be open for business to much longer.
productive and fun
Packaging mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYAugust 31, 2016
working at par is great! but I want to grow more, learn more, gain more knowledge and move up. Here at par I gained a lot of experience and knowledge but I feel like it is dead end for me in-terms of gaining more knowledge .
Good work environment; cooperative
Quality Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
Company fast growing and then went through massive layoff. Daily workload varied from extremely busy to slow. Coworkers were great to work along side. Learned a lot from coworkers and managers.
Pros
Free coffee; great cafeteria; parking
Cons
Being laid off
Par Pharmaceuticals
Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2016
The work environment is very positive. The co-workers are wonderful and the schedule is ideal. The hardest part of the day is all the heavy lifting required.
Rapidly growing pharmaceutical company, great job.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at work varies depending where the last shift left off during production. eight hours usually fly by because we are constantly busy. I continue to learn more and more about the pharmaceutical industry and the many opportunities for growth it presents. management team is very professional and communicate well. co-workers are all driven and motivated to keep the company growing and advancing steadily.
Productive and fun place to work in
Packaging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 12, 2016
Interesting place to work in. Learned a lot in my short time there as pertains to being a supervisor as well as the pharmaceutical industry
Pros
Free Lunches, great work life balance
Packaging Operator
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2016
Performed basic functions related to drug tablet packaging consistent with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Operated machinery such as; table counters, tape machines, electronic scales, cap and bottle hoppers. Accurately counted pallet cases and completed regular in process checks. Review documentation audits to ensure detail ,accuracy, and prevent error slips. Perform safety audits on the packaging line during the shift to reduce work hazards. Verifies the Batch Production Record(BPR) for the packaging line for production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Par Pharmaceutical. Our community is ready to answer.