Para Los Ninos Employee Reviews

Favorite Job
Sr. Administrative Assistant I Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2017
This was one of my all time favorite jobs. I worked with the working poor on skid row and pico union area. I wore alot of hats which is the nature of the business. I was able to stretch, grow and help others. It is a non profit so lay offs are common which is what happened to me.
Pros
Growth, good work environment, helped others
Cons
compensation was minimal
Asst Teacher
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2017
great working experience
helped alot of local kids in the area of los angeles
parents enjoyed being helped also
staff was very helpful
students always liked coming to school;
fun place to work
teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
The location and my job was awesome unfortunately I found something better for my family and I. The children and the parents at the location where also good but didn't stay long to get to know them in more detail way.
Cons
Great place to get your feet wet in the child development field
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2016
Awesome students, helpful and supportive staff members! You will love the work atmosphere. I had the opportunity to learn at school and put all of those skills into use.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drives home...too much traffic!
Just what I was looking for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 7, 2016
Happy to be part of a group that values social change, education, family well-being and community. We have challenges, but so do all of the for-profit employers I've had. I'm grateful for the opportunity.
Fun place to work in
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2016
A great place to start working with children. It gives you experience and knowledge when working with children. Staff was generous to help me understand there philosophy.
Too Cultural not open minded towards different people.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2016
I worked for this company for Two years, and please I would suggest your company change it's name. You are not for the kids, and also management is terrible. They do not care about what happens in the interior. Employees are mistreated, and also over worked. Students lack respect. Management is terrible. Vanity is the key here. DO NOT be mislead by the falsification of the photos you see online. It is all a hoax.
Pros
Parking is free.
Cons
No room for advancement, low pay.
Very productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2016
What i learned from this job was that i can use Microsoft Excel really well and on a typical day at this job was really the same did not do a whole lot but was really swell.
Summary of School
staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2016
The parking is horrible. Classes tend to be out of ratio. Some teachers are not fair towards other staff members. There needs to be a great deal of consistency in the classrooms. Also the location of the school isn't safe for children nor staff. Eventually they are going to need a lot of security around the school.
Pros
It's a job, some of the staff are nice
Cons
Low paying job, unsafe school surrounding, parking is HORRIBLE, dishonesty
Productive and Professional Learning Place
Teacher Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
I clock in grab my classroom book to take roll of students present. Take then down to eat, then to play. The next hour is doing homework help and answer questions. What I've learn is childrena re very engage if you make fun activities but learnable as job requires it. The hardest part is trying to help many children with upsets, crying, fighting, and questions at the same time. The most enjoyable is playing outside during play time with children and the hugs too.
Pros
Friendly Enviorment
Cons
Attitudes from some Collegues
it sucks
Substitute teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
too much favoritetism unprofessional parking is 3 blocks away
Pros
Cons
everything
A multi cultural place for all children
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2013
This after school program was a great place for kids to keep busy instead of being on the streets. Homework, activities, theatre were just some of the things kids enjoyed. Lots of teachable moments. I enjoyed every minute. Learning about our different families and getting to know them was a great experience.
good place to start my work experiance
Intern (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caJanuary 15, 2013
Its an organization that helps teen gain work experiance. They snd them to different locations like clinics, schools, etc. so they can gain experiance to get a job in the real world.
A busy ongoing office
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2012
We have a great team of Career Advisor that work very well together to ensure that all participants receive the services they are in need of. Lots of paperwork due to tracking services provided to youth in order to maintain files up to date an current for state and city monitoring. A typical day at work is updating case notes on computer system, having youth visit through out the day for assistance in job searching, updating a resume, supportive services, assistance with school/vocational enrollment, or to use computer lab.
Pros
hour lunch break, get to go out in the field and receive mileage reimbursement
Cons
they don't contribute to 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Para Los Ninos. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5