Paradies Lagardere Employee Reviews

Fast-past work environment at times relaxed/ but more stressful at times.
Cashier / Cook, Long (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 10, 2017
Management was very unprofessional. Lots of favoritism between employees and management. The employees was out of control,they came when they wanted and worked how they wanted with no repercussions from management. Each station was almost always short staffed, causing angry airport passengers to leave there food orders sometimes paying without even getting their food. Due to so many call-outs employees never got to work at the station they were assigned too. instead employees were moving around to station to station, most times leaving one person working the entire station during a rush. Management was nowhere to be found around these times. Bathroom breaks and lunch breaks gave employees the opportunity to take 20 extra mins on the clock while the other employee struggles to manage the station alone. It was great that we got a $12 discount on meals, and great views to eat and watch the planes come by on the runways. There where great team members as well, that came together and helped one another. I liked that we got to dress up for the holidays. Great job benefits! What loved most about the job was that you had lots of opportunities to work independently and become a team leader.
Pros
free lunch, great benefites
For heaven's sake do not be rude to a customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2017
My supervisor did not have a clue what he was doing. I was let go because a customer was rude to me, then blamed it on me and had me fired. Overall, management was on point, except HR and one of their new hires. The communication was really bad here. If you get hired, do no get the wrong people on your side.
Working in Brands
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2017
I’m still employed with the company. I am currently a Full time employee. Poor management and sometimes lacks communication. Wages are low too with not a lot of room for growth. No break rooms provided in the airport. We typically have to pay high prices for food inside.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough coverage for bathroom breaks.
Decent place to work if it weren't for all the gossip.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Don't get me wrong this place was Ok. So much gossip though. Like I honestly think I am back in high school because of how much people talk. Everyone for some reason or another knows what you do and who you are doing it with. As someone who likes to keep to ones self I find it annoying.
Pros
ok place to work if you like high stress environments. This is a plus for me.
Cons
gossip
poor communication
Associate (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Decent but not great pay. Poor communication between management and staff. Not family oriented like they claim to be. Crazy hours. staff is under appreciated.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay, lack of communication between management and staff
Good work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas DFWSeptember 12, 2017
Good to work and great to deal with people
I am a good customer service at this company
And I got lot of gift card and I got finally first class ticket
And mire
great place to work
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2017
The management is great at accomadating my schedule with my kids. They give you paid time off for vacations and sick leave. I do think they need help with the staffing and how they schedule more assoicates .
very fun alot surprises
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
overall i really liked working at paradies lagadere its very welcoming and food is great clothes are nice very organized store you meet alot of celebritys also military people come into our stores and we give them discounts and i like the fact that some customers come in and buy things for our military so we can send it to them i think thats cool
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful Culture
Head of Marketing (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 28, 2017
Great and diverse culture. People were committed to one cause of driving company success. Senior management team cared about the employees and drove company to profitability.
Pros
Work environment and discounts
Cons
Slower pace then I was use to working at
Slow pace and relaxing enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2017
typically good days, some associates are hard to work with, but overall nice, management is very nice and understanding of your personal life, but hard to communicate with in terms of scheduling
If you live stress, this is the place for you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 21, 2017
Management sucks, if you have a problem, good luck!
The only good days were web management were not there. They kept about people who did a poor job, because if not they'd be understaffed even more.

Turnover rate is bad.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Team Lead Management (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 20, 2017
The only real issuesI felt that needed to change was, they stop giving us raises. So I felt there were no more incentives. Also upper management seemed to never communicate enough with one another. One would say this and the other would say that. So I felt I would be constantly put in a bad position, of who do I listen to and would do I get into trouble with. Other those issue it was a great team and I loved working with them.
Inept Transition
Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2017
The company is going through some major changes with a new owner, new structure, and redefining job titles and roles. They are making some necessary changes, but doing so with little to no training, a new general manager at our location, and not enough staff to keep the stores open. The airport is also in need of major renovation and one of the neighboring shops has sewage leaks that have threatened to invade our stores. Associates may start their day anywhere from 3:30 AM to 11:45 AM and work up to sixteen hours, then be back at 3:30 the next morning. There has been no indication that loyalty through this transition will be rewarded. When the associates put forth super-human effort it is quickly forgotten, if noticed at all.
Pros
The benefits are decent.
Cons
The pay is low for what's asked of the associates, the work is stressful, and you park off-site.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Good company, staff was easy to work with and organized. Good location, easy to commute to. Enjoyable atmosphere, the benefits were good and HR was easy to work with.
adventure
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2017
A place were its pretty diverse but poor minded about most of all associates and their families. guarantee the hours but the mount being paid is less money to maintain stores.
Not a good place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXAugust 2, 2017
You don't get 40 hrs in, If a flight is late getting out they tell you have to stay. They don't care about the employees they just want to have their stores covered. They lose about 5-10 employees a week. They used to promote from within and they don't any more. They hire TL from outside that have no knowledge of stores or policies and then you have auditors that have been there for years that know everything and they won't promote them.
Pros
Benifits are alright
Cons
HR is realy terrible no communication and they don't care about employees
Needs much improvement
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
If you have a problem, don't bother with management. They will tell you, "well you should talk to such and such. Or if you do what they do" (even if you do the same stuff. So don't bother with management. When other managers come in to see how a store is doing. They don't bother talking to the associates only to the managers. If you have to go to the bathroom, you're out of luck unless you can find someone to cover your store, and that's usually a hassle since your team leads act like it's a big deal. They do nothing but guilt you if you need to call out. But expect you to drop everything when they call you on your day off to come. And if you don't? Well they are gonna mess with your schedule. Split days off, morning and night shifts. You can't win.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Management. Bad attitude teamleads. No problems fixed. Bad pay for what you have to deal with.
Great job for those who enjoy working in customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2017
I have been working for this company for a year now and some days have been better than others, but I will say this is one of the better companies to work for inside of the Charlotte Airport.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Management could be better
Great company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 18, 2017
I am disappointed in the low grades these reviews give this company, I have worked here for 12 years (I just recently got a new job so I'm moving on) but this company is a wonderful company to work for , since I started I worked my way up to a team leader 4 weeks paid vacation and 5 personal days, I I've never heard of another company doing this. My particular location and manager we're awesome not too fast paced but not extremely slow and boring either, our manager always found a way to assist when we needed her and also always worked it out if we needed a day off and there was no one to cover she would do it. I have thoroughly enjoyed my years working for this company I think you would really enjoy it
Pros
50% off merchandise for employees (except books, magazines and electronics), meeting lots of new people, the airport is a fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes not enough to help to get things done that need to be done and no discount on electronics
Working at paradise
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 3, 2017
Working for this company is a bummer, there's no chance of advancing and there all about the number. They don't care what the employees think. We can't even keep a supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradies Lagardere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9