Paradies Shops Employee Reviews

Decent and Calm Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 19, 2017
It was easy, soothing, and calm. I did not have difficulty with anyone in the working field. The management was intelligent and good. The environment was also very calm.
Fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International AirportAugust 16, 2017
Paradies Shop is a high volume business that is located in Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. The pace is very fast with lots of customer service.
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
extended hours
Good for young adults and retirees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2017
This was a job I had in the interim of finding a job with better wages and benefits. Typical day was assuring the work place was orderly and assisting customers.
A little slow but has its busy days
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 16, 2017
typical day at work open up the store turn TV's on,open the register,and just get the place together for the customers, hardest part is working around customers while putting up stock but i make it work. Enjoyable part is meeting new people and talking sports.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
slow days
Great Company
Senior Vice President, Stores (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
Amazing people throughout the organization who care about people first. Complex business which requires the field leaders to be strong at building relationships as well as business acumen.
Good for a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2017
The job requires a lot of standing and moving. This job would be ideal for a high school student or college graduate as you interact with various types of people.
Pros
50% off select store items
Cons
Short breaks and a lot of walking
You will not advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMarch 16, 2017
You'll be stuck in the same position with no chance of advancement.You get little to no benefits. You're stuck in a store by yourself or with one to two (if the store is busy) coworkers, but if you're alone you can't go to the bathroom or on break until someone arrives and that could take hours.
productive workplace
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2017
at the paradise shop is busy all day most days are hard very fast pace the most enjoyable part of the job is when it slows down the hardest part of the job is when going through security with two hand truck packed with merchandise
excellent employer
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2016
Pays fairly and is a diverse employer.
greeting customers with a friendly attitude and calculating money properly.
keeping merchandise stocked at all times.
Pros
great benefits
Airport
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2016
Great company to work for, the employees are constantly helping alot of different customers that fly in to grab a quick snack and go on their journey.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
alot of walking
fun and productive specially when it comes to good customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2016
A typical day of work is that I always begin working with a great smile in my face, greeting customers and ask if they need help with anything.

I learned more in doing good customer service and how i can approach on adds on sale

Managers were fair to employees, they do stretch working days if employees have emergency appointment.

Most of my co-workers were friendly and warm

I don't think I encountered a hardest part of the job, because this deals in customer service

the most enjoyable part of the job is when you ask a customer for adds on sale and they approved it
Pros
we have free uniforms, 50% discount for the employees
Going through changes - Good benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2016
Great movement for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and can handle working 365 days a year. The company is changing a lot right now and the changes can be difficult but once they are through this transition the company will be Great again.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work life balance
Paradies Review
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 11, 2016
I feel that Paradies Shops is a good company but has not really any room for advancement. I feel that the business did very well but the GM was very inconsistent on how he reprimanded employees.
Shops that sell goods in the airport
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
Ran day to day operations in the store operating cash register, customer service, inventory sheets, keep clothing folded looking presentable while maintaining a clean workplace. Located inside the airport so its a great way to meet all types of people, business owners, networking capabilities.
Pros
New people to meet everyday, run store by yourself
Cons
Expensive lunch due to being in the airport, coming thru security daily.
Fun environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 27, 2016
Fun enviornment, great co workers.Very busy but productive. being a cashier you will learn a lot about money. all workers are very helpful and very kind.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Busy
Busy and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
This job location is in a busy and now international airport. I learned a few things being at this job. I learned that when people know who you are based off of shopping experience that will be a huge advantage since they will often return and ask for you specifically. The management is a bunch of serious but still silly group of individuals. I loved them and working along side them when the company was moving into the airport. Most of the co-workers that I had were people who already worked with me before from a previous company. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the stores full of merchandise and inventory to make it look full. The most enjoyable part of my job there was just being around all my airport family that I had acquired while being there.
Pros
decent pay, sick/vacation time, healthcare
Cons
some miscommunication issues
Was good while it lasted. Management sucks.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMarch 14, 2016
When I first started working for paradise they make you feel like family...make you believe this is the perfect company ..Wrong.. they hardly work with your schedule and when you ask they are rude about it. Then give the new employees the schedule you have been asking for. Very unprofessional, I only lasted because I needed the money ..it really took a toll on me so I left. Best choice I have ever made. ;)
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks 1 restroom break if given .. unprofessinal
A different kind of workplace retail wise.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 4, 2016
The only real problem i have with my store is the management. Things are really scattered right now. Being that we are a new store. Been open for a few months close to half a year. My schedule is literally working every shift. One day i have 1st shift. the next day 3rd. then 2nd. then who knows the next day. I do not get my schedule until the sunday. Meaning i wont know my schedule until the next week comes. The pros of this job is i get to meet many different people. Many different cultures. My crew is excellent. Of course with a few people who you know you can not work with. Meaning that person is lazy, can not multitask, and chooses personal fulfilment versus getting the job done. Another is once again the people i work with. Great team. the pay is decent. 10 an hour. You will get paid. Just have to put up with a lot.
Pros
People I work with, and the people you get to meet.
Cons
30 min break. Work crazy hours.
fun work to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton, NYFebruary 24, 2016
On a busy weekend, learned about merchandise, shop procedures, being apart of the team. management can do. Out of stock products is hard, completed task at the end of the day is the best.
Pros
fun place
Cons
long breaks
unprofessional
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
i wouldn't recommend this job or company to anyone with a managerial or professional background you will out of place and maybe not like the attitude of your colleagues.