Paradies Shops

Paradies Shops Employer Reviews

Workplace was average
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXJanuary 6, 2015
How to work with people and get the job done. Management was almost always around. Learned I must be flexible for change at all times. I felt little chance of advancement and did not receive timely reviews or raises.
paradies shops
Cashier (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 24, 2014
loved my job 13yrs cashier team leader count money deposits wait on custumers credit card shipping fouling t shirts stocking
Simple, good for college students
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not a lot of room for growth
Laid back chill wiork environment. Handled all transactions and sales for multiple stores. Quiet and slow majority of the time but has large sales.
A nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh International AirportSeptember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at this shop. The gifts were unique and travlers can get a variety of things.
High turn over rate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: no job security
They will fire you for almost anything the paradies shops are a very strict company and their rules are almost impossible as well as the company as a whole being very unorganized.
ok place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack o fcommunication
Working with co-workers made the job. Company ok to work for a lot of changes constantly going on
Fun place to work
Shopkeeper (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: easy environment to work in with great people
Cons: not many chances to get promoted
I always looked forward to going to work every day. There were many chances to interact with people from all over the world, and that made the job very interesting. What I learned while working here was how to approach people from other cultures. My co-workers were always very nice, and enjoyed all of the time that I was able to spend with them. The managers were very encouraging to me while I was there. The hardest part of the job at times was the barrier between languages. It really made me want to learn other languages that the customers spoke so that I could help them better. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers. I never knew who I would meet, and that kept it very fun.
Not all that
Sales Associate (Current Employee), charlotte,ncJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: low pay, off schedule, bad management
This job is more for somebody who's just starting out working like fresh out of high school or college. if you have real bills this is not the job for you. Pay is average and no room to grow within the company.They want you to sell everything except the kitchen sink and fire you over something that's suppose to be a donation.
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: got to meet people from all walks of life
Cons: short breaks
The work was fun but management is very horrible. They claim to be very family orientated but they really are not.
great job and work place
sales associate (Current Employee), humble txMay 25, 2014
Very easy, comfortable work enviorment, everyone is a team player
Nice place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMay 17, 2014
Deliver items to stores, load and unload pallets, inventory, keep stock room clean, rotate stock
Productive and fast- paced place in Atlanta.Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free parking, discounts on things in the stores our company owned
Cons: short breaks
-Teamwork was involved everyday
-Learned people skills by having to deal with training new employees.
-I worked with all ethnic types
-Management was good they kept things excited for us. Parties were given people who had high sales and great customer service were recognized.
duties
Sales Associate (Current Employee), DCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great management
•Communicated with associates and customers.
•Read, counted, and wrote to accurately complete all documentation.
•Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
•Worked varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Psp INTL AIRPORT Palm Springs CAFebruary 5, 2014
Fun and very friendly passengers passing through the airport all day long.
I met people from everywhere.
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: pay
I enjoyed this job. Working in the airport meeting all kinds of people from different cultures was a great adventure.
Met great people in the airport
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: pay
A typical day at work would be opening the shop early in the morning, greeting customers and ringing up their things.

I learned great customer service during my time here.

The bad part about this job was the lack of communication with the other employees. We never had a chance to talk because we were in different shops.

The hardest part of the job would be around rush hour, trying to stretch myself to be there for all of the customers. But it always got done.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people everyday. Hearing the stories of the customers.
Liked product knwledge
Customer Services (Former Employee), NVAugust 28, 2013
Open of close whatever shop I was scheduled work in, fold clothes, re-stock empty displays, clean the shop I was in, run a register, answer phones, give customer services. I learned data entry, product knowledge, how to sell high priced items in a airport. The management was one sided and unless you where a friends of the manger they would leave you out to dry if you need anything. Co-workers from different country's. Not working around school schedules. Most enjoyable part of this job was product knowledge
A friendly travel mart for airport customers
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the airport was my lunchroom. i enjoyed people watching on a daily basis.
Cons: short breaks and lunches as well as standing all day in one spot while cashiering.
A typical day at work at Paradies consisted of greeting the public, helping them find what they are looking for in the way of food and drinks for the plane, as well as other travel items such as magazines and toiletries. I learned cash register operations as well as how to stock coolers with water and soft drinks in an orderly fashion so that the customer chooses the coldest drinks first each time. I also learned how to order supplies and inventory snack foods such as chips, cookies, and candy. Additionally, I checked various snack items to make sure its price was correctly stamped and shown on the back for the customer. The hardest part of the job was standing all day as well as lifting the bottles of drinks and stocking the coolers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world on a daily basis and engaging in conversation with them.
energetic work place
warehouse associat (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2013
Organizing all product in front and in the back warehouse. THe people i work with have very bad work ethics so it stay stuff to fix. This is a very hot and very cold place depending on the time of year. This is in the dasement of the charlotte airport. I love having something to do all the time. Dont get all my houres i bwould like. Management here is good to a poit. They trully are noe workers. Theyt about th constantly alow people to get awy with stuff so it makes it hard when they want you to see that peopledo what they need.
typical retail work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2013
they are good to work for..fun job... they seem to be flexable with the hours. You get to meet lots of people working at airport...