Paradies Shops Employee Reviews

Airport
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2016
Great company to work for, the employees are constantly helping alot of different customers that fly in to grab a quick snack and go on their journey.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
alot of walking
fun and productive specially when it comes to good customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2016
A typical day of work is that I always begin working with a great smile in my face, greeting customers and ask if they need help with anything.

I learned more in doing good customer service and how i can approach on adds on sale

Managers were fair to employees, they do stretch working days if employees have emergency appointment.

Most of my co-workers were friendly and warm

I don't think I encountered a hardest part of the job, because this deals in customer service

the most enjoyable part of the job is when you ask a customer for adds on sale and they approved it
Pros
we have free uniforms, 50% discount for the employees
Going through changes - Good benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2016
Great movement for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and can handle working 365 days a year. The company is changing a lot right now and the changes can be difficult but once they are through this transition the company will be Great again.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work life balance
Paradies Review
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 11, 2016
I feel that Paradies Shops is a good company but has not really any room for advancement. I feel that the business did very well but the GM was very inconsistent on how he reprimanded employees.
Shops that sell goods in the airport
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
Ran day to day operations in the store operating cash register, customer service, inventory sheets, keep clothing folded looking presentable while maintaining a clean workplace. Located inside the airport so its a great way to meet all types of people, business owners, networking capabilities.
Pros
New people to meet everyday, run store by yourself
Cons
Expensive lunch due to being in the airport, coming thru security daily.
Fun environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 27, 2016
Fun enviornment, great co workers.Very busy but productive. being a cashier you will learn a lot about money. all workers are very helpful and very kind.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Busy
Busy and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
This job location is in a busy and now international airport. I learned a few things being at this job. I learned that when people know who you are based off of shopping experience that will be a huge advantage since they will often return and ask for you specifically. The management is a bunch of serious but still silly group of individuals. I loved them and working along side them when the company was moving into the airport. Most of the co-workers that I had were people who already worked with me before from a previous company. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the stores full of merchandise and inventory to make it look full. The most enjoyable part of my job there was just being around all my airport family that I had acquired while being there.
Pros
decent pay, sick/vacation time, healthcare
Cons
some miscommunication issues
Was good while it lasted. Management sucks.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMarch 14, 2016
When I first started working for paradise they make you feel like family...make you believe this is the perfect company ..Wrong.. they hardly work with your schedule and when you ask they are rude about it. Then give the new employees the schedule you have been asking for. Very unprofessional, I only lasted because I needed the money ..it really took a toll on me so I left. Best choice I have ever made. ;)
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks 1 restroom break if given .. unprofessinal
A different kind of workplace retail wise.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 4, 2016
The only real problem i have with my store is the management. Things are really scattered right now. Being that we are a new store. Been open for a few months close to half a year. My schedule is literally working every shift. One day i have 1st shift. the next day 3rd. then 2nd. then who knows the next day. I do not get my schedule until the sunday. Meaning i wont know my schedule until the next week comes. The pros of this job is i get to meet many different people. Many different cultures. My crew is excellent. Of course with a few people who you know you can not work with. Meaning that person is lazy, can not multitask, and chooses personal fulfilment versus getting the job done. Another is once again the people i work with. Great team. the pay is decent. 10 an hour. You will get paid. Just have to put up with a lot.
Pros
People I work with, and the people you get to meet.
Cons
30 min break. Work crazy hours.
fun work to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton, NYFebruary 24, 2016
On a busy weekend, learned about merchandise, shop procedures, being apart of the team. management can do. Out of stock products is hard, completed task at the end of the day is the best.
Pros
fun place
Cons
long breaks
unprofessional
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
i wouldn't recommend this job or company to anyone with a managerial or professional background you will out of place and maybe not like the attitude of your colleagues.
Great place for someone new to the work force
PT Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit Metro AirportFebruary 17, 2016
Paradies is willing to give work to anyone willing to show and do the job. They try to work with everyones schedule and are pretty good with makifg sure everyone get a fair amount of off days and weekends free.
Great Company
Sr. Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Management was great and I learned a lot from them. They were always very open to questions and to help when needed. There was a sense of team work and they appreciated every one.
Loved working there loved it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2016
The team lead viola was a jelous ho and made it hard for everyone to work there with her fake self !!!! She always hated. Or talked bout some one .
Pros
Easy
Cons
No one cares bout how you do or you yourself
Too many corporate issues
Team Leader / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2015
Management lack concern or praise for staff performance. Very high staff turnover. Have to ride a shuttle and go through Airport Security just to get to your work place everyday.
Pros
Good benefits for full time employees
Cons
High staff turnover
productive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 19, 2015
you have to work there to know what its about, its a very good job for a high school graduate, they help you alot, they talk to you alot, they help you get ready to maintain yourself
Great Place to Work!!!!
sales associate the standards are (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2015
the pay isn't that great.......................................great place to work!!!!
the people are great!!! Start time is soo early
Opportunities were everywhere, but potential not reached.
SR TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs International AirportOctober 5, 2015
Pace of work was fun and challenging as we set sales records for the 4th straight year. Staff had not been increased so the pace was. I learned more methods of efficiency through the veteran staff than one would think could be gleaned. As the bar was raised by corporate, the pressure started to show on the management. They were leaders by words, not actions. It led to a challenging supervisory position of keeping productivity and maintaining moral. Overall, the chance to meet or interact with so many different people was a highlight of that particular position.
Pros
Given opportunity to work with Art Kruisheer, Legend in retail.
Cons
Watching an inexperienced General Manager learn the job.
A Good Place to Start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2015
This company is an adequate company to work for in earlier years of your life. Furthermore, they are very understanding and accommodating when it comes to school and family life.
No employee interaction
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2015
Management on this was very strict and left no room for you to use your own mind. Suggestions were not likely to be heard. I learned that for the right price, coworkers can turn against you. The hardest part about this job was standing on your feet all day with only one break that consists of a half hour lunch. Employees didn't get a chance to know each other. I liked being a sales person
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long standing hours, employees paid to spy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradies Shops. Our community is ready to answer.