Paradise Bakery and Cafe Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work environment with friendly customers
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work is not a thing, because every day is so different, only the actual task is the same, but different things happen with customers and coworkers everyday. The most difficult part of the job is having to clean after having cleaned every inch of the restaurant, because the job is never done.Overall the job is enjoyable, because of the flexible management and awesome customers.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
No benefits
Pb
Assistant Manager/ Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2015
Fast paced, a bit more complicated than a full service restaurant. It is a corporation run business, so we have reports, audits, and etc that need to be completed on a regular basis. over a fun job to work for. The management team is usually great.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay, benefits
Very Fun and upbeat, too bad business closed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 20, 2015
The management was awesome! They completely understood all employee's situation and tried to accommodate them as much as they could. At the end of every night, all the baked goods that weren't sold, employee's got the first pick. The rest of the baked goods would be donated to a local food bank of sorts.
Pros
FREE COOKIES!
Cons
I really can't think of anything bad
Bad bad bad!!!
customer (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 18, 2015
Sandy bakery very bad manager he acta like the nice one but always talk bad about the customers and employees...,I was ordering my soup and he was talking bad about an employee that I'm guessing wasn't working anymore he acts like a total idiot never ever going again!!!!
Pros
Bad service
Cons
Bad managamnent he should really get replaced!!!
Productive and a fun place to work
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2015
My typical day would be to make sure that the morning crew had the restaurant stocked and ready to go for the night shift. I learned to work with individuals from all walks of life and life cultures. I learned to all ways be respectful and to be kind. Management was nice and gave me the opportunity to become a night supervisor after I had been there for only three weeks. I worked with a group of hard working employees and when things got hectic we worked as a group to get the job done. I learned how to make night deposits,making sure that the safe maintained a certain amount of cash at all times,making sure that the credit cards payments and cash total receipts were balanced,baking the cookies and baked goods for the restaurant,given the responsibility of locking up the restaurant.

The hardest part of the job was having to terminate an employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the group of employees that I worked with and knowing the customers,pilots and the flight attendants by name and knowing what they ordered.
Pros
free lunch, bus pass and parking at the airport.
Cons
when short staffed, and you may have to come in on your off day.
Excellent work atmosphere.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2015
Not only are the other team members helpful, they are also nice and friendly. I gained valuable social skills working with and assisting customers.
Pros
discounted lunches and great way to meet new people.
Cons
Fast pase work environment
I enjoyed working here.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Paradise Bakery & Cafe was a fast paced and upbeat working environment. It was easy to work my way up quickly and learn the entire store.
Productive and self-growth place to work at
Barista and cross trained to cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day at work on a Saturday morning which was the shift I often worked was extremely busy. Breakfast rushes were insane but very good for me. This job taught me how to think quick on my feet, multitask and a lot of time management. The management was not very strong and I treated my co-workers there as strictly co-workers because making friends at a job like that caused problems. People would make friends to get shifts covered and drama was involved. The hardest part of the job was getting everything behind the counter accomplished and paying close attention to customers and their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was recognizing frequent customers and making people feel welcome and at home.
Pros
discounts of meals
Cons
long closing shifts
An Unfair, Ridiculous Work Environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 5, 2013
I did enjoy working for Paradise Bakery at first, people seemed friendly, wanted to help. My trainer was excellent, but i was only there to replace her. A couple managers there were alright, but i found that the Management can not take responsibility for their own mistakes and blames the employees instead. There was little to no communication between Management and employees, the hours were ridiculous, and I felt targeted by a specific manager which i did not appreciate in the slightest. I worked my hardest and was not shown any appreciation. I thought i had been doing a good job, i was not yelled at all that often, and frankly, i did not see my termination coming in the slightest.I was blamed for theft and costing the company too much money, when there were other employees causing that, they wouldn't listen to what i had to say. the managers play favorites, and its an unfair work environment. I see a lot of hiring for Paradise, which is another bad sign as well.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
hard to work with management
Fun work place and enjoyed interacting with customers
Salad Chef (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 11, 2013
I use to work in the salad station where I use to put ingredients together how customers would like their salads freshly made and I would serve soups. I learned how to make salads and I learned how to deal with customers that expected much more off me. The management was great I believe very organize. I also enjoyed working at paradise bakery so much.
Pros
opportunity to grow in the company
Cons
n/a
Staff is very nice but management acts like they are in Jr. High School
Float Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CitySeptember 30, 2014
Line staff and bakers are great to work with. Managers horrible. Never had a work schedule in advanced. No benefits or PTO. Have to work holidays. LOW LOW PAY.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short brakes, no benefits, bad customer service
great culture, enviroment, and atmosphere
Sandwich Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 24, 2013
i REALLY loved working here, lots of room to advance and lots of oppertunity for work hours, however the management was shaky and un- trustworthy. i would work here again if the management was handled properly
Pros
great bennefits, flexible
Cons
hard to work with management
Still Good!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at work was hectic but rewarding, i learned to remain calm in every situation. Management is very high strung sometimes but can be very relaxed when you dont get to busy, co-workers are amazing!
Fun workplace
Sandwich/Salad (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 8, 2012
I enjoyed this job very much. Until they got new management and later closed.
amazing co-workers, positive environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2013
Paradise Bakery is one of the most uplifting places i have ever been to, the people who worked there and customers alike bring the place to life. a typical day at work was usually very fast paced but our crew was very efficient which made any rush smooth sailing. The year and a half that i have been there i have learned many things, and developed what i already knew immensely. from my communication skills to my efficiency and speed.
Pros
good people, positive environment
fun people to work with.
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2012
It is a great place to work if you are a student, the managers tend to work with you on your hours. The people are also great to work with it helps past the time and you enjoy working. The hardest part would be during lunch breaks or when a new movie is coming out. There would be a line outside the cafe and customers be complainting of the services.
Pros
awarded for our services, new language, flexiable hours
Cons
no breaks, short hours
Fun atmosphere ,music playing and the smiles and conversations with our customers.
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2014
I would get a cash drawer, and start greeting customers ,making specialty coffee drinks and selling our wonderful baked good items.
When the breakfast crowd was slowing down I would then assist In getting sandwich,salad,and soup station ready for our busy lunch crowd.Making sure we had enough back-up food prepared.I would then start giving breaks to other associates, in each position of restaurant,making sure customers were being waited on and the presentation of our products were up to standard.
When the lunch started getting busy, I would look to see where and how I could help other associates take care of the customer,
Sometimes I would assist in cashier area, or sandwich,or soup and salads.
Answering the phone to take to go orders,and or catering order.
I would go out into dinning area and make sure everyone had a great dining experience with us, while checking the tables for any dishes I could take off to dish.
I would encourage our customers to take our survey and share it with our corp. office.
after lunch was over I had would go into office and enter daily sales and count down cash drawers and enter deposits.
I then would go around each and ever station to make sure it was ready for the next day.
Pros
meeting new people everyday, and hearing their compliments about our service.
fun workplace
Barista/cashier (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 23, 2014
i really enjoyed working here, great environment, great people
ok
Busser (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxJune 18, 2012
Fun place to work if your an High school student not a job you want to spend your life at
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks
Muy divertido
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Muy buena empresa para laborar y crecer, una empresa muy humana y con muchísimo crecimiento. Regresaría a trabajar ahí definitivamente.
Pros
muy buen sueldo
Cons
esta en estados unidos

2.9