Paradise Bakery and Cafe Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
I learned how to deal with a fast paced work place and how to deal with rude customers. I also learned how to make a few drinks and would always be taught something new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Great place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work especially when the winter visitors came down they were always so nice and I never had a problem with anyone and with that being said good luck.
Fast pace so it makes work go by really fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
It's a fun place to work. The staff and customers are really friendly so it really makes your job easier but you have to get use to being busy most of the time
Pros
Free lunch and after work sometimes
A nice working environment with helpful employees
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 24, 2017
At this job I learned a lot about working in the restaurant industry. Every little thing that you do matters when it comes to preparing food for the customers. The employees were always helpful towards customers and other employees.
wouldnt reccomend
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
the paradise I worked for wasn't good. It was owned by someone they offered horrible benefits, bad pay for someone who has kids, not only that but they sat ono the back all day and did nothing. It was HORRIBLE. management were like children gossiping, always going home early.
Relaxing workplace with great managers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXMay 1, 2017
The average day includes wiping down all the counters, mopping and cleaning the floors, cleaning the windows, and opening the store and working the register.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun and great for a first job. Did not get paid enough for the number of years I worked there.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 28, 2017
Paradise Bakery and Cafe, now Panera Bread, was a great first job. They were great about me taking a leave of absence for school and returning for breaks. My only complaints are the inconsistent management and the lack of a raise I got after working there for 3 years. I remained at minimum wage.
good place to work Good chance for advancement.
Breakfast cook and sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Noblesville INFebruary 25, 2017
I would go in at 6 a.m. to get eggs, bacon, and sausages ready for breakfast sandwiches by 7 a.m.( 8 a.m. on Sundays. After breakfast was done would clean up and make sure I was ready for the lunch rush.I learned how to make different sandwiches, both breakfast and lunch as well as omelettes. Management as well as the other employees were already to help when need. The hardest part was sometimes when it would get extra busy and didn't always have enough people to help. Dealing with the customers was always a pleasant part of the job.
Pros
75% off meals and pretty much left on my own.
Cons
none really
Laid back
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
Paradise was a very laid back job that you would look forward to coming to everyday , the workers were fun people to be around , it was easy to get hang of and I think it's a great job for teens
Fun but poor management
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2016
It's a very social & fun place to work. Management tends to do nothing though and hangout in the back. It's way fun until you have a whole line of customers waiting to be helped or waiting for their food and you have employees and managers just sitting in the back on their phones or just talking and hanging out. Nobody takes responsibility. There is definitely favoritism which can impact the job in many ways. There is room to advance up because many great employees left/keep leaving.
Pros
Fun people, free cookies, discount on food, advancement
Cons
Lazy employees, poor/lazy management, favoritism
Loved This Job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2016
Awesome coworkers they were warm and welcoming it was like a little family. I really miss working here it was the best job I ever had. Thank you paradise
Pros
free dinner if you worked that day
Cons
An absolute must for a high school job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2016
I worked here my senior year of high school. I was full time and I LOVED it. I came here after school and worked until about eleven or midnight. I made so many friends there and the management was so fantastic. They truly cared about us. The customers were really kind and nice and didn't treat you as a lesser individual.
Pros
co-workers, management, food, customers
An Unfortunate End
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 17, 2016
Good work ethic, but not solid procedures, management hardly involved. Fast-paced, good rhythm. Bare minimum tip-wise, cheap customers.
Pros
Free/ cheap food, good coworkers, kept busy.
Cons
Company closed without any notice to employees.
Fun work environment with friendly customers
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work is not a thing, because every day is so different, only the actual task is the same, but different things happen with customers and coworkers everyday. The most difficult part of the job is having to clean after having cleaned every inch of the restaurant, because the job is never done.Overall the job is enjoyable, because of the flexible management and awesome customers.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
No benefits
Bad bad bad!!!
customer (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 18, 2015
Sandy bakery very bad manager he acta like the nice one but always talk bad about the customers and employees...,I was ordering my soup and he was talking bad about an employee that I'm guessing wasn't working anymore he acts like a total idiot never ever going again!!!!
Pros
Bad service
Cons
Bad managamnent he should really get replaced!!!
Excellent work atmosphere.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2015
Not only are the other team members helpful, they are also nice and friendly. I gained valuable social skills working with and assisting customers.
Pros
discounted lunches and great way to meet new people.
Cons
Fast pase work environment
Very Fun and upbeat, too bad business closed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 20, 2015
The management was awesome! They completely understood all employee's situation and tried to accommodate them as much as they could. At the end of every night, all the baked goods that weren't sold, employee's got the first pick. The rest of the baked goods would be donated to a local food bank of sorts.
Pros
Free cookies!
Cons
I really can't think of anything bad
Pb
Assistant Manager/ Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2015
Fast paced, a bit more complicated than a full service restaurant. It is a corporation run business, so we have reports, audits, and etc that need to be completed on a regular basis. over a fun job to work for. The management team is usually great.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay, benefits
I enjoyed working here.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Paradise Bakery & Cafe was a fast paced and upbeat working environment. It was easy to work my way up quickly and learn the entire store.
Muy divertido
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Muy buena empresa para laborar y crecer, una empresa muy humana y con muchísimo crecimiento. Regresaría a trabajar ahí definitivamente.
Pros
Muy buen sueldo
Cons
Esta en estados Unidos