Paradise Bakery and Cafe

Paradise Bakery and Cafe Employer Reviews

Fun atmosphere ,music playing and the smiles and conversations with our customers.
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday, and hearing their compliments about our service.
I would get a cash drawer, and start greeting customers ,making specialty coffee drinks and selling our wonderful baked good items.
When the breakfast crowd was slowing down I would then assist In getting sandwich,salad,and soup station ready for our busy lunch crowd.Making sure we had enough back-up food prepared.I would then start giving breaks to – more... other associates, in each position of restaurant,making sure customers were being waited on and the presentation of our products were up to standard.
When the lunch started getting busy, I would look to see where and how I could help other associates take care of the customer,
Sometimes I would assist in cashier area, or sandwich,or soup and salads.
Answering the phone to take to go orders,and or catering order.
I would go out into dinning area and make sure everyone had a great dining experience with us, while checking the tables for any dishes I could take off to dish.
I would encourage our customers to take our survey and share it with our corp. office.
after lunch was over I had would go into office and enter daily sales and count down cash drawers and enter deposits.
I then would go around each and ever station to make sure it was ready for the next day. – less
Fun work place and enjoyed interacting with customers
Salad Chef (Former Employee), Avondale, AZDecember 11, 2013
Pros: opportunity to grow in the company
Cons: n/a
I use to work in the salad station where I use to put ingredients together how customers would like their salads freshly made and I would serve soups. I learned how to make salads and I learned how to deal with customers that expected much more off me. The management was great I believe very organize. I also enjoyed working at paradise bakery so much.
Still Good!
Cashier (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at work was hectic but rewarding, i learned to remain calm in every situation. Management is very high strung sometimes but can be very relaxed when you dont get to busy, co-workers are amazing!
An Unfair, Ridiculous Work Environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), American Fork, UTJune 5, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: hard to work with management
I did enjoy working for Paradise Bakery at first, people seemed friendly, wanted to help. My trainer was excellent, but i was only there to replace her. A couple managers there were alright, but i found that the Management can not take responsibility for their own mistakes and blames the employees instead. There was little to no communication between – more... Management and employees, the hours were ridiculous, and I felt targeted by a specific manager which i did not appreciate in the slightest. I worked my hardest and was not shown any appreciation. I thought i had been doing a good job, i was not yelled at all that often, and frankly, i did not see my termination coming in the slightest.I was blamed for theft and costing the company too much money, when there were other employees causing that, they wouldn't listen to what i had to say. the managers play favorites, and its an unfair work environment. I see a lot of hiring for Paradise, which is another bad sign as well. – less
great culture, enviroment, and atmosphere
Sandwich Trainer (Former Employee), Saint George, UTApril 24, 2013
Pros: great bennefits, flexible
Cons: hard to work with management
i REALLY loved working here, lots of room to advance and lots of oppertunity for work hours, however the management was shaky and un- trustworthy. i would work here again if the management was handled properly
amazing co-workers, positive environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2013
Pros: good people, positive environment
Paradise Bakery is one of the most uplifting places i have ever been to, the people who worked there and customers alike bring the place to life. a typical day at work was usually very fast paced but our crew was very efficient which made any rush smooth sailing. The year and a half that i have been there i have learned many things, and developed what – more... i already knew immensely. from my communication skills to my efficiency and speed. – less
Productive and self-growth place to work at
Barista and cross trained to cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: discounts of meals
Cons: long closing shifts
A typical day at work on a Saturday morning which was the shift I often worked was extremely busy. Breakfast rushes were insane but very good for me. This job taught me how to think quick on my feet, multitask and a lot of time management. The management was not very strong and I treated my co-workers there as strictly co-workers because making friends – more... at a job like that caused problems. People would make friends to get shifts covered and drama was involved. The hardest part of the job was getting everything behind the counter accomplished and paying close attention to customers and their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was recognizing frequent customers and making people feel welcome and at home. – less
fun people to work with.
Salad Maker (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2012
Pros: awarded for our services, new language, flexiable hours
Cons: no breaks, short hours
It is a great place to work if you are a student, the managers tend to work with you on your hours. The people are also great to work with it helps past the time and you enjoy working. The hardest part would be during lunch breaks or when a new movie is coming out. There would be a line outside the cafe and customers be complainting of the services.
ok
Busser (Former Employee), Dallas TxJune 18, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: no breaks
Fun place to work if your an High school student not a job you want to spend your life at
Fun workplace
Sandwich/Salad (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMarch 8, 2012
I enjoyed this job very much. Until they got new management and later closed.
Un ambiente increible
Subgerente Administrativo (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 13, 2012
Pros: salario y superacion profesional
Cons: no hay prestaciones
Fue la mejor experiencia laboral que he tenido, ha sido una empresa donde uno puede encontrar muchas expectativas de superacion, desarrollo y estabilidad.

Paradise Bakery and Cafe Photos