Paradise Bakery Employee Reviews in United States

Best job I have ever had! So much fun and so educational.
Barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2016
I loved this job. I was getting a lot of hours, about 40 a week, and after 6 months of work I still enjoyed it. I started as a barista and after a while was able to advance to every other area. People were promoted from the inside, which was really nice. They treated their employees well, with a nice and social management staff. I also had a really good time talking with my fellow employees. It was also very customer focused which I enjoyed, because we were all working together to make everyone happy. It was a lot of work, and I was constantly running around and doing something, but it was certainly worthwhile.
Pros
A whole lot of free food, really nice people, and a positive environment.
Cons
Never really got a raise despite being able to manage all stations.
a good place tg work
Assist in the development of new procedures (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 14, 2016
A really good company to work for. Excellent management team. Not so good on the pay scale. A company that strives for greatness.
Awesome Place to Work with a Company that Cares
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2016
Constant contact with the company to approve life on the job, flexible schedules, awesome people, management that cares. I truly think this company cares.
Great teamwork
Cashier, Barista (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
Working as a team is important. I enjoyed how professional the workplace was and the pace workers worked at.Good company.
Good place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego/ Cheektowaga, NYAugust 15, 2015
Worked the register, drive thru, food line. Overall a great company and fun to work for. Good place for advancement, the pay could be better.
Pros
Giving leftovers to charities, overall friendly staff, good place to work
Cons
Pay could be better
Fun and relaxing workplace
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 13, 2015
The management has miscommunication all around. The co-workers were enjoyable and easy to get along with. The training was well done and completed on time. Co-workers helped each other and made it easier for everybody to get out of work on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having everybody get along with each other. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers that continuously complained. From the job I learned how to enjoy customer service, work through difficult customers.
Overall good, fun people to work with.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 22, 2015
Typical day at work started with going in around 9 am. Serving breakfast, making coffee, getting customers cookies, etc. I learned how to make many different types of coffees and sandwiches. The management was decent. One was a definitely power happy though. Most of my co-workers were very nice and helpful. Hardest part about this job was being cashier during a rush. Best part was the free cookies.
Very helpful and easy to navigate!
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 29, 2015
I like this website because it is easily accessible and very helpful finding jobs in the right field. I learned how to work efficiently on my feet while working quickly. I loved my co-workers that I was on shift with. Great atmosphere. Management is very tight-knit together and works well. Most enjoyable part of the job was having regulars come back again and again and building those relationships.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 12, 2015
this job wasn't for me. I didn't like the location I was at. I don't like the fact that the workers are rude and are hired to make customers happy but they aren't even happy themselves.
A lot of work for a little pay
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2015
Very fast work environment. A lot of times i had to self teach myself other stations (or trial by error) because there was never enough staff for the amount of customers. The managers never hesitated to remind us how "replaceable" we are. The only thing i enjoyed their were my co workers and employee discount on food. That's it.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay, management
Fast Paced.
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Baking was fun and required the ability to multitask while under pressure. It made the day go by fast.As a whole management was great.
Pros
free cookies!
Cons
will never eat a cookie again.
Fast paced, stressful work enviroment
Bus & Dish (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2014
typical day at work I would sanitize and wipe tables/counters, stock silver ware, beverages, ice, and condiments, brew the coffees and tea, clear tables of dishes. As a dish washer I washed dishes, and brought them to my co workers. Hardest part of the jobs was the lunch rush, the place was so busy that the job gets almost too overwhelming.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
short breaks, lack of training
nice place
Asst. Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaDecember 22, 2014
i liked working here everybody was nice aand did their job well
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks
Paradise Bakery
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2014
it was very great to work with my team, very supportive, and understandable, i love that job, i love to cook, clean, and stock, and i am willing to do anything to work for them, and the management was nice, too but i quit and it wasn't great idea to work with my best friend, it is too conflict. and I am hoping to find another job to hire me, i will be happy to work with you.
Pros
free lunch or breakfast and break time
Cons
short breaks, people get mad when they are in hurry
good place
Food preparation/Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2014
cool place to work at ,great if i had more hours
the people were nice ,and very easy to work with .
Pros
take home food that was to be discarded
Cons
on a busy day no breaks
unorganized work environment druring the time working
Sandwitch Maker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2014
Everything needs to be cleaned and scrubbed. labor work was often but nothing really too challenging. when I first started working there, no body trained me. I mostly was thrown into the action and then later got use to how the company worked.
Pros
free lunches at times, food was good, free cookies.
Cons
constant need of scrubbing and cleaning dishes.
Fun place for a first job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, azAugust 16, 2014
I loved paradise because they would hire young, inexperienced people and start them at a good pay (never minimum wage). You will stay with the company if you work hard. Pay is good for someone in school, but it is a lot of physical labor. You can easily come home with burns and a back ache. Retail pays more and is less exhausting. Paradise is the perfect place for a first job though, they taught me how to treat a job and the coworkers were always nice. My general manager was a nightmare but I know past managers were very nice.
Pros
big discount on food, take home leftover food if you close
Cons
hard work, okay pay, okay managers
Fun and friendly environment!
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 19, 2014
Paradise bakery gave me the exact amount of hours I wanted right away. They hired me fast and I worked 40 hours a week. They gave me the days off that I wanted and I worked mornings because it was best for me. I was the sandwich opener I came in everyday at 6:00am and worked through lunch and then got off at 2. It was great and I made good money. The employees and managers were friendly.
Pros
good hours, delicious food, 70% off.
Cons
constantly changing my gloves made my hands really dry.
fun people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2014
It is food service. Fun people to work with. Good location, good food, lots of space in kitchen.
Excellent coworkers, one bad apple manager
Cashier, Barista, Sandwich Prep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed doing my job for the most part. I was trained in cashier, barista, and sandwich making. The manger in charge of scheduling, though, would only ever place me on the daytime cashier shift, citing that nobody else was available for that position. Many of my coworkers were forced to a certain position as well, confiding that they would've liked a change in pace too. This manager vehemently ignored any requests for a switch in duties, even for one day, and was all around bitter towards the employees. This wasn't enough to ruin the experience, however, as the other managers were made aware of her behavior, and have done everything possible to work with her on a change in attitude. While some customers would occasionally be a bit too pushy and sometimes invade personal space just to prove their point, these customers were far and few between the very friendly regulars, who would know all of the staff by name, and were always polite. Overall, this was a pretty good work experience, and the negative factors shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Pros
huge employee discounts, supportive staff, friendly regulars
Cons
rude customers, very rude scheduling/hiring manager