Paradise Bakery Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are looking to move up in the company quickly, good benefits
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 17, 2017
There is a good atmosphere working at Paradise Bakery, and there are no unnecessary tasks that you will be asked to complete. The managers are pretty easy on normal, everyday employees that work there and you can schedule days off consistently. They offer PTO days after 6 months of working there and you do not have to work full time or be a manager to use them. 70% off any food items any day that you work even if you go home and come back the same day the discount still applies as long as you worked at some point that day. Free cookies and drinks when you are working. If you put in the work and motivate yourself to move up within the company the opportunities are endless. The management staff does pick favorites though so if you want to move up you really have to prove yourself and get their attention in order to get what you are looking for.
Pros
70% off all food, free cookies and drinks while working, PTO days after 6 months, and the ability to schedule days off at any time
Cons
Poor management if you do not prove yourself quickly after getting hired to get their attention, many people call out so you will most likely have to step up and work their shifts pretty often
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 14, 2016
they always held team meeting which is very helpful, employees there are very hard workers and did get appreciated very often just needed a little more help on mangenment
Pros
nice discount
Cons
short hours
Great first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2016
I've worked in three different locations and the teams I've worked with have always been friendly and welcoming. It seems like it is very hard to get promoted though which makes working hard daunting. This reflects in some poor work ethics in coworkers.
the only good thing about it was my co-workers
Host /Cashier (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 12, 2016
it was a really cool job and then we got a new MG and everything went down hill we always got are 40 hours so that was cool its a job for teens not for grown people the pay is okay
Productive and fun place.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
catering, constant flow of people, and daily tasks keeps everyone fairly busy. Co-workers always come in wanting to start a new day. All in all, I learned to be a more patient person with those around me.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, pay rate.
Best job I have ever had! So much fun and so educational.
Barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2016
I loved this job. I was getting a lot of hours, about 40 a week, and after 6 months of work I still enjoyed it. I started as a barista and after a while was able to advance to every other area. People were promoted from the inside, which was really nice. They treated their employees well, with a nice and social management staff. I also had a really good time talking with my fellow employees. It was also very customer focused which I enjoyed, because we were all working together to make everyone happy. It was a lot of work, and I was constantly running around and doing something, but it was certainly worthwhile.
Pros
A whole lot of free food, really nice people, and a positive environment.
Cons
Never really got a raise despite being able to manage all stations.
good place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2016
There is some drama working there and people don't know how to mind there own business. But it is an ok place to work. There are really good about giving you the hours that you need and as long a you are working and doing your job you will do fine.
a good place tg work
Assist in the development of new procedures (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 14, 2016
A really good company to work for. Excellent management team. Not so good on the pay scale. A company that strives for greatness.
Awesome Place to Work with a Company that Cares
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2016
Constant contact with the company to approve life on the job, flexible schedules, awesome people, management that cares. I truly think this company cares.
Great teamwork
Cashier, Barista (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
Working as a team is important. I enjoyed how professional the workplace was and the pace workers worked at.Good company.
Good place
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego/ Cheektowaga, NYAugust 15, 2015
Worked the register, drive thru, food line. Overall a great company and fun to work for. Good place for advancement, the pay could be better.
Pros
Giving leftovers to charities, overall friendly staff, good place to work
Cons
Pay could be better
Fun and relaxing workplace
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 13, 2015
The management has miscommunication all around. The co-workers were enjoyable and easy to get along with. The training was well done and completed on time. Co-workers helped each other and made it easier for everybody to get out of work on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having everybody get along with each other. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers that continuously complained. From the job I learned how to enjoy customer service, work through difficult customers.
Overall good, fun people to work with.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 22, 2015
Typical day at work started with going in around 9 am. Serving breakfast, making coffee, getting customers cookies, etc. I learned how to make many different types of coffees and sandwiches. The management was decent. One was a definitely power happy though. Most of my co-workers were very nice and helpful. Hardest part about this job was being cashier during a rush. Best part was the free cookies.
Very helpful and easy to navigate!
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 29, 2015
I like this website because it is easily accessible and very helpful finding jobs in the right field. I learned how to work efficiently on my feet while working quickly. I loved my co-workers that I was on shift with. Great atmosphere. Management is very tight-knit together and works well. Most enjoyable part of the job was having regulars come back again and again and building those relationships.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 12, 2015
this job wasn't for me. I didn't like the location I was at. I don't like the fact that the workers are rude and are hired to make customers happy but they aren't even happy themselves.
A lot of work for a little pay
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2015
Very fast work environment. A lot of times i had to self teach myself other stations (or trial by error) because there was never enough staff for the amount of customers. The managers never hesitated to remind us how "replaceable" we are. The only thing i enjoyed their were my co workers and employee discount on food. That's it.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay, management
Fast Paced.
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Baking was fun and required the ability to multitask while under pressure. It made the day go by fast.As a whole management was great.
Pros
Free cookies!
Cons
Will never eat a cookie again.
Fast paced, stressful work enviroment
Bus & Dish (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2014
typical day at work I would sanitize and wipe tables/counters, stock silver ware, beverages, ice, and condiments, brew the coffees and tea, clear tables of dishes. As a dish washer I washed dishes, and brought them to my co workers. Hardest part of the jobs was the lunch rush, the place was so busy that the job gets almost too overwhelming.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
Short breaks, lack of training
nice place
Asst. Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaDecember 22, 2014
i liked working here everybody was nice aand did their job well
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks
Paradise Bakery
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2014
it was very great to work with my team, very supportive, and understandable, i love that job, i love to cook, clean, and stock, and i am willing to do anything to work for them, and the management was nice, too but i quit and it wasn't great idea to work with my best friend, it is too conflict. and I am hoping to find another job to hire me, i will be happy to work with you.
Pros
free lunch or breakfast and break time
Cons
short breaks, people get mad when they are in hurry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradise Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.