Paradise Bakery Employee Reviews

enjoyable workplace
Barista/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZFebruary 7, 2018
I worked here through High School and I enjoyed the fast pace, friendly environment Paradise Bakery provided. It was a very enjoyable place to work and taught me many skills I use today.
Pros
Employee Discount
A good starter job that informs about the food industry.
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  UtahDecember 4, 2017
I would arrive and prep for the evening and night shifts as well as greeting my co-workers. I would make food with a smile and make ensure that the customer had a delicious meal. Management wasn't the best, the main manager would sit out in a booth on his laptop the entire day, while the other two would sometimes help on the line. Hardest part of the job was cleaning up at the end of the day, it took the least amount of time but took the most out of me. The best part of my job was being able to interact with people as I made their food, I'd get to know how their day was going and sometimes all of their interests.
Pros
Flexible, Good Environment
Cons
Bad Management
It was terrible
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
If you weren't getting yelled at by customers, it was the management getting on to you. Every manager there was two faced. Wasn't a good place to work at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Overall was terrible
Food and customer service
Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 5, 2017
Worked with food, on the cash register, and helping customers. Made salads and sandwiches, Made drinks such as coffees and smoothies. Enjoyed the customers.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 9, 2017
The work was somewhat physically demanding, but it was fun interacting with so many people in such a quick amount of time. The job helped me to build up a lot of customer service skills.
Great place to work as an entry level employee
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2017
Fast paced casual dining restaurant with great food and customers.
If employed please set personal goals to accomplish and stick to them, management has no qualms about letting sitting ducks be.
Pros
Great food of good quality, no deep fryers
Cons
High expectations for compesation
Fashion Square location is really small
Breakfast and Lunch Cook - Duties (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85251August 13, 2017
Paradise Bakery turned into Panera Bread, which was disappointing to a lot of regular customers. It seemed as though Paradise had a good thing going but sold out to Panera, good luck with that!
Fun workplace with opportunity to grow
Manager/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Paradise Bakery- now Panera, is a great cafe with great job opportunities. During my year and half there, I was trained in every position and advanced to the management team. It is a company that you could grow with over time and offers new opportunities constantly.
Pros
food, employees, healthcare
Cons
food services
Work place environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Working at Paradise Bakery was not the best in my opinion. The customers were amazing and the staff was great, but the management was not the most professional and it made working their very difficult, but it taught me that you still have to be professional and not let work drama affect how you perform at your job.
Pros
Amazing Coworkers
Cons
workplace drama
Great relaxed lunch spot
Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 6, 2017
My first job ever! That was a great place to work and learn the ropes. i was able to learn almost every single position and i got a raise fo every one of them.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Got rid of good managers
Great Place
BUSSER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 7, 2017
Paradise Bakery was a great place to work. everyone was always friendly and the work experience and environment were always friendly. I really enjoyed my time working there
Fun workplace, management was a hit or miss
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Fun workplace friendly environment. Managers alternated often so it was hard to communicate. Didn't get paid enough for the number of hours I worked. It's a very social & fun place to work. Management tends to do nothing though and hangout in the back.
Great job for a high school student
Barista, Cashier, Salads (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMay 12, 2017
the area was always clean, fun, and energetic. I worked with amazing people who came from different backgrounds. The typical day would consist in helping customers, cooking, cleaning, and keeping supply full.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Busser/Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2017
Working at Paradise Bakery at time was fun, because everyone is around the same age group and has the same energizing attitude as one another that youd like to see as you walk into the cafe. Loved my experience there as it was my first job.
Great place to work if you are looking to move up in the company quickly, good benefits
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 17, 2017
There is a good atmosphere working at Paradise Bakery, and there are no unnecessary tasks that you will be asked to complete. The managers are pretty easy on normal, everyday employees that work there and you can schedule days off consistently. They offer PTO days after 6 months of working there and you do not have to work full time or be a manager to use them. 70% off any food items any day that you work even if you go home and come back the same day the discount still applies as long as you worked at some point that day. Free cookies and drinks when you are working. If you put in the work and motivate yourself to move up within the company the opportunities are endless. The management staff does pick favorites though so if you want to move up you really have to prove yourself and get their attention in order to get what you are looking for.
Pros
70% off all food, free cookies and drinks while working, PTO days after 6 months, and the ability to schedule days off at any time
Cons
Poor management if you do not prove yourself quickly after getting hired to get their attention, many people call out so you will most likely have to step up and work their shifts pretty often
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 14, 2016
they always held team meeting which is very helpful, employees there are very hard workers and did get appreciated very often just needed a little more help on mangenment
Pros
nice discount
Cons
short hours
Great first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2016
I've worked in three different locations and the teams I've worked with have always been friendly and welcoming. It seems like it is very hard to get promoted though which makes working hard daunting. This reflects in some poor work ethics in coworkers.
the only good thing about it was my co-workers
Host /Cashier (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 12, 2016
it was a really cool job and then we got a new MG and everything went down hill we always got are 40 hours so that was cool its a job for teens not for grown people the pay is okay
Productive and fun place.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
catering, constant flow of people, and daily tasks keeps everyone fairly busy. Co-workers always come in wanting to start a new day. All in all, I learned to be a more patient person with those around me.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, pay rate.
Best job I have ever had! So much fun and so educational.
Barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2016
I loved this job. I was getting a lot of hours, about 40 a week, and after 6 months of work I still enjoyed it. I started as a barista and after a while was able to advance to every other area. People were promoted from the inside, which was really nice. They treated their employees well, with a nice and social management staff. I also had a really good time talking with my fellow employees. It was also very customer focused which I enjoyed, because we were all working together to make everyone happy. It was a lot of work, and I was constantly running around and doing something, but it was certainly worthwhile.
Pros
A whole lot of free food, really nice people, and a positive environment.
Cons
Never really got a raise despite being able to manage all stations.