Paradise Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Management is nice and birthday celebrations are great!
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  NATIONAL CITY, CAApril 25, 2016
Paradise Valley Hospital is not the greatest place to work, but not the worst either. They say they are in the top 100 but when I hear overhead code blue and hear about the deaths, I have to wonder how that can be. We see patients hanging out in the hallways, sitting on the floor wating for there appointments, it saddens me. They could provide benches or chairs for their patients especially since the majority of them are the elderly. While the employees are pretty friendly, they don't have the best doctors. I don't like to tell people that I work here because it has a reputation of being "Death Valley", which seems to hold true.
Last thing, they really need to enhance the facility. The place is run down and ugly, and the system they use is antiquated. The other facilities don't look like this one. Come into the 21st Century already....
fun work place
Surgical Pathology Assistant/ Cytology preparation (Former Employee) –  san diegoAugust 29, 2015
it was fun family atmosphere and job security and the culture was friendly management was good and job work was good compensation and benefit was not that much
Fast Pace Job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
Hardworking environment. long hours. you understood your job. Learned how to deal with different types of people. the hardest part working there was also dealing with irate patients.
Cons
not much communication
had to deal with "entry level boss".
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
New management came in and brought their own people, started deliverately finding excuses to fire people, even went as far as to sabotage workers to get tem fired, supervisor was an unqualified know it all who knew nothing, the only reason he got the job was because new director was related to him in some way as they would habitually talk about eachother's families, made other employees train him.

Would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
pay was good.
Cons
Boss had no experience and demanded respect while disrespecting everyone.
Lots of favortism
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2016
I only worked here a few weeks as a travel nurse. Didn't get to know much about the hospital or the people. Never met the CEO and it seemed most people didn't know who was the CEO
Pros
The hospital was newer and very clean
Cons
No body was interested in me as a person
Great Company
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
• Conducts personal visits to referral sources on a daily basis, facilitating meetings for physicians to learn about hospital.
• Collaborate and market hospital services to referring physicians.
• Introduce and promote physician specialists to community physicians for increased referrals.
• Identify and resolve service delivery problems to improve and patient experience and physician satisfaction.
Small hospital with a family like atmosphere. Friendly place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2015
Not a very busy OR as this is a very small hospital. OR staff is often flexed. Management in the OR is great the manager has many years of experience and is a very fair and just manager who is approachable and open to suggestions or concerns.
Pros
Great family like atmosphere
Cons
Not a busy hospital if your looking for lots of hours
they should improve moe
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 6, 2016
i believe that they should improve on the managament and they should also improve on the seruity as well because its an hospital and they should need more.When someone goes to the E.R the doctors should come soon rather then later.I like the life balance because it reminds me of peace and harmony and no one is hurting in any way.
Pros
I like how we can comaticate with one and other
Cons
They need more security
Paradise Valley Hospital
Patient Account Registrar (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 14, 2015
Great manager. Given multiple opportunities to transfer to other departments. It was a hospital so it was frequently busy as expected. Learned a lot considering it was my first place of employment. Would work there again if I ever move back to San Diego.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Diversity
TRANSCRIPTIONIST/LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  National City, CAApril 28, 2016
Employees are well compensated if you are full time. Lots of opportunities. Never ending skills fair which makes an employee skill-oriented and up to date changes in terms of health care.
great learning hospital.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 26, 2016
Got to work clean the lab prepare for patients. Learned how to new techniques on how to draw blood. most enjoyable part was working with cool people in a relaxed environment.
Good palce to work
Emergency Room Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, arizonaApril 13, 2016
I have nothing to say but positive affirmations about PVH . They were very kind and supportive in all aspects in management and if anyone had any concerns or issues, the door was always open.
Great place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I was an intern there during graduate studies, but I learned a lot and would have no problem accepting a full time position there.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
only was an internship
Great team work
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great team work , great boss. I love what I do, sometimes I stay after hours but at the end of the day we're here for the patients.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Wish I had more scopes for procedures
A family-oriented environment
Staff - Adult / Pediatric Critical Care / L&D Svc (Former Employee) –  National City, CAApril 22, 2015
This being my first clinical site I have nothing but appreciation for all the confidence, training, and responsibility bestowed upon my shoulders. This is were I changed from diapers to big-boy pants.

Here is where I learned my time-management skills that I'm recognized for everywhere I'm employed.

Management had an up-hill battle in getting those senior therapist paid appropriately.

These co-workers showed me that a "family-familiar environment" was a very conducive one for all present. I enjoyed working there very much.

Hardest part of the job was not eating when offered by fellow staff.

I enjoyed learning while everyone I encountered enjoyed teaching.
Pros
All were willing to part their experiences in teaching to better my abilities.
Cons
Too much food everyday!
Very satisfactory and exciting to work with personal of different cultures
Director of Prime Ally Program (Former Employee) –  National CitySeptember 14, 2012
Managing three different areas in South San Diego. Supervising the personnel.
It was an excellent experience working with Children and their families directly in the school setting combined with office therapy sessions.
It was a program funded by the HHSA of SanDiego County managed by PVH hospital. The management of the hospital not always matched the expectations of the County.
It was a very cultural diverse staff as it was needed in the region. some of them were licensed, some others license eligible.
The hardest part was to work with the County parameters while the hospital had its own agenda.
Despite the facts mentioned above,the work was enjoyable. It was very satisfactory to see many pre licensed clinicians to obtain the licensed status while working in the program
Pros
good benefits
Cons
nothing significant
Good working environment
Clinical Lab SCientist III (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 19, 2015
It is a well managed hospital. Our supervisor always made sure that we are always fully staffed and laboratory concerns and issues are addressed promptly by our supervisors.
Pros
The hospital is close to my home
Cons
Low salary
Paradise Valley Hospital
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I dealt with different races, culture, my typical day is to monitor ECG strips patients who are bed ridden.. i have to adopt with my co workers because of our culture differences.. hardest part is when patients expires
Pros
i have 4 days day off
Unsafe and short-staffed hospital
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for Paradise Valley Hospital for a long time. On the days I worked we usually were under-staffed and did more job functions that the business office should have been doing. It was very ruff working there and you saw a lot of turn over in staff and administration.
Pros
I worked 40+ hours a week, and could exceed that easily.
Cons
No structure
I enjoyed working with the staff.
Infection Prevention and Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,AZJuly 20, 2015
Paradise Valley Hospital (now Abrazo-Scottsdale Campus) has been my home away from home for 19 plus years. There have been many changes over that period of time and multiple ownership changes during that period of time. I never had any complaints about how I was treated; always fairly and with respect. I held the same positions during my tenure and enjoyed the work.
Pros
The people that work there.