Paradise Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

A family-oriented environment
Staff - Adult / Pediatric Critical Care / L&D Svc (Former Employee), National City, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: All were willing to part their experiences in teaching to better my abilities.
Cons: Too much food everyday!
This being my first clinical site I have nothing but appreciation for all the confidence, training, and responsibility bestowed upon my shoulders. This is were I changed from diapers to big-boy pants.

Here is where I learned my time-management skills that I'm recognized for everywhere I'm employed.

Management had an up-hill battle in getting those senior therapist paid appropriately.

These co-workers showed me that a "family-familiar environment" was a very conducive one for all present. I enjoyed working there very much.

Hardest part of the job was not eating when offered by fellow staff.

I enjoyed learning while everyone I encountered enjoyed teaching.
Great
Certified Surgical Technologist in OB/GYN (Current Employee), National City, CAMarch 7, 2015
This hospital is very unique, as small as it is the employees are very welcoming and supportive with one another, I feel at home when working here.
Discharge planner
Discharge Planner (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
• Utilization reviews
• Assist case managers with processes of discharge; including having patients sign appropriate documents
• Interview patients and/or family
• Execute audits and department projects
n/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Was only at facility for short time , then became pregnant with twins and was high risk right away and had to leave position. Lack of staff to cover shifts was an issue back then , its been a long time so I don't know how it is today. I was a great hospital though.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i have 4 days day off
Cons: long hours
I dealt with different races, culture, my typical day is to monitor ECG strips patients who are bed ridden.. i have to adopt with my co workers because of our culture differences.. hardest part is when patients expires
Patient Sitter (Current Employee), Paradise Valley, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: patient care
Cons: comute
It was very good experience. I received the opportunity to learn about many different types of disorders. Ability to work with many different patients. Monitored their behavior and habits. Assist to patient needs at all times. Help RNs and PCAs. Paradise Valley Hospital helped me learn more techniques, nurses help me understand graphs, doctors helped explain things I did not understand. Learned to do EKGs and much more. It was a great experience.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at work at PV hospital consisted of providing excellent patient care to our patient population. I was able to improve on my bedside manner as well as the EMT skills I've acquired. Management was not a consistent factor during my employment. Coworkers and I bonded well throughout my time there. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency related to managment. The most enjoyable part was the reward I felt by providing care for those in need.
I enjoyed working at PV in 2004
LPN Supervisor Carol Sinclair (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2014
Pros: a position i would be proud of.
Cons: not being given an opprotunity to grow with this company
I am currently working home health pediatrics I would love to have the opportunity to work at PV hospital again. I was in a MVA in 2004 & when I was recovered enough to come back to work the LPN was phased out. The hardest part of my current job is not being able to utilized my skills & knowledge. I am a hard worker & team player.
Great Hospital
Phlebotomy Intern (Current Employee), National City, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: excellent lab
Cons: location
I enjoyed interning here.
Taught me how to relax during draws and how not to appear nervous around patients. The people I was surrounded with were excellent I enjoy their advice. The hardest part of the time I spent there was becoming comfortable with my skill in blood drawing and the nervousness of missing. I gained confidence at Paradise Valley and am grateful for the opportunity to be an intern.
Not enough time worked there
Housekeeper (Former Employee), National City, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: worked closed to home
Cons: only parttime
Enjoyed working at Paradise Valley but I was only part time and had no job security. when cut back time came, I was let go.
Great place to learn and work
Registered Nurse, Medical ICU (Current Employee), National City, CASeptember 8, 2014
Small hospital, everyone knows everyone, feels like a second home. Health benefits need improvement and salary on the lower end of the market..
productive and growing.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), National City, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: learned so many things in healthcare career.
Cons: too short time being volunteer.
Its rewarding to work with the elderly, and my externship went well for a short period of time.
Healthcare Setting FoodService
General Manager - Healthcare Food Services (Current Employee), National City, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good people, family type camaraderie atmosphere
Cons: too many inspections and surveys over the past 5 years!!
Enjoyable and definitely different type of Food Service experience.
productive good place to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: for every four hours of work you get six dollar voucher for lunch
Cons: didnt find any
a good place to gain experience related to medical assistant and the same time you get to know every part of the hospital.
Great team enviornment
Technician (Former Employee), National City, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: power struck leadership
Handled medical documentation with care, learned how to adapt to extreme situations, wonderful team environment by fellow piers, tough for on the spot decisions, but overall a positive secure work environment
exciting
transporter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2013
I truly enjoyed working with all the patients and getting to meet new people everyday.
Fast paced challenging environment
Emergency Services RN (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2013
Ground floor is solid going through some administrative challenges
Hospital full time, great co-workers, good benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good company, great vacation/benefits, skilled co-workers
Cons: short staffing
My day started on 2nd shift 3 to 11, fast paced and never time time for a dinner break, but amazing staff and caring,professional manager. I learned about teamwork, priority,better communication, and flexibility in schedule. The hardest situations always involved short staffing, but very enjoyable working alongside skilled professionals in every department.
Wonderful atmosphere with knowledgeable employees
Radiology Volunteer (Current Employee), National City, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches every shift
Cons: volunteer only
Paradise Valley Hospital has been a wonderful hospital to sharpen my abilities as a Radologic Technician. The hospital is supportive of the invididual needs of each employee, volunteer or paid. I look forward to a permanent position in any hospital or clinic that can offer that setting.
Volunteer Job
Volunteer Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Naval Base San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2013
Venipuncture and other related Phlebotomy Tech