Paradise Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Very caring and helpful working environment
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 16, 2017
I had taken an internship with Paradise Valley Hospital and it turned to be one of my best choice. During this time, I worked with the volunteer department on training other interns and filing documents and medical records in the hospital’s Health Information Management Department and assisted patients in the ER and ICU. I learned many useful skills in this internship. The staffs were very caring and nice and I was given a leadership role in helping other interns with their jobs. Overall it is a great working environment that tends to the sick and needy.
Pros
Free lunches, welcoming environment
Cons
Short breaks, can get really busy when there are a lot of patients
Truly helping people is their passion
Certified Nursing Assistant & Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2017
• Developed rapport with physicians and clinicians to support healthcare delivery.
• Observed and assisted physicians and nurses in routine and critical medical procedures
funwork place
Nurse Care Partner (Former Employee) –  National City, CAApril 25, 2017
fun workplace. loved all the staff dsd was great , The staff was supportive and positive , It was a great experience place to work at . learned a lot there.
Good place to work.
Coder (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMarch 22, 2017
It was a good place to work at. Coworkers were great people.
The management was good of course we the coding department
did not agree with them moving the coding to India, but that was totally out of our control, I was a hard dependable worker as I was there for 29 years. Unfortunately they closed the department.
Cons
They are sending their work to India, thus doing away with the jobs at the hospital.
Loved working in the hospital
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMarch 9, 2017
Sometimes you get to leave the office and visit other areas of the hospital and volunteer in the community. Great place to get experience. Great place to work.
Horrible experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
This hospital did not care at all about patient care. They were mean spirited, sat around and did nothing and were more concerned about charting than patients. I would not bring my dog to that hospital. It has a nickname as death valley hospital.
Great Atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Typical work day, Challenging. Learned to work with all walks of Life. Management was supportive and Professional as well as my co-workers. Hardest part was dealing with different people in the E.R. However getting to meet different people was Great,
Pros
Everyone was treated with the Utmost respect
Cons
Although we are Security, The cameras are focus on most the time.
Working at the hospital was very challenging and had a positive learning enviorment.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  National City, CANovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of having to file folders and create new packets for the future workers of the company.We learned a lot of stuff from using vials to angles of injections.The hardest part of work would be a never ending packets.
Fast paced and interesting place
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 19, 2016
Working at paradise was by far the best experienced. I learned so much in the 2 years I worked there. Paradise has the best medical staff. I definitely miss working there.
Fun place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2016
A nice place to work. Co-workers were like family. There was team work. Am leads were very approachable. Most staff were easy to work with. Fun co-workers made work in the lab enjoyable.

Want to know more about Paradise Valley Hospital?

Ask a question
Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJune 22, 2016
Excellent environment and work culture. The front line staff and leadership team are very committed to providing excellent patient care.
Pros
Flexible
Great place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I was an intern there during graduate studies, but I learned a lot and would have no problem accepting a full time position there.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
only was an internship
Great Company
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
• Conducts personal visits to referral sources on a daily basis, facilitating meetings for physicians to learn about hospital.
• Collaborate and market hospital services to referring physicians.
• Introduce and promote physician specialists to community physicians for increased referrals.
• Identify and resolve service delivery problems to improve and patient experience and physician satisfaction.
great learning hospital.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 26, 2016
Got to work clean the lab prepare for patients. Learned how to new techniques on how to draw blood. most enjoyable part was working with cool people in a relaxed environment.
Diversity
TRANSCRIPTIONIST/LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  National City, CAApril 28, 2016
Employees are well compensated if you are full time. Lots of opportunities. Never ending skills fair which makes an employee skill-oriented and up to date changes in terms of health care.
Management is nice and birthday celebrations are great!
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  NATIONAL CITY, CAApril 25, 2016
Paradise Valley Hospital is not the greatest place to work, but not the worst either. They say they are in the top 100 but when I hear overhead code blue and hear about the deaths, I have to wonder how that can be. We see patients hanging out in the hallways, sitting on the floor wating for there appointments, it saddens me. They could provide benches or chairs for their patients especially since the majority of them are the elderly. While the employees are pretty friendly, they don't have the best doctors. I don't like to tell people that I work here because it has a reputation of being "Death Valley", which seems to hold true.
Last thing, they really need to enhance the facility. The place is run down and ugly, and the system they use is antiquated. The other facilities don't look like this one. Come into the 21st Century already....
Good palce to work
Emergency Room Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, arizonaApril 13, 2016
I have nothing to say but positive affirmations about PVH . They were very kind and supportive in all aspects in management and if anyone had any concerns or issues, the door was always open.
had to deal with "entry level boss".
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
New management came in and brought their own people, started deliverately finding excuses to fire people, even went as far as to sabotage workers to get tem fired, supervisor was an unqualified know it all who knew nothing, the only reason he got the job was because new director was related to him in some way as they would habitually talk about eachother's families, made other employees train him.

Would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
pay was good.
Cons
Boss had no experience and demanded respect while disrespecting everyone.
Fast Pace Job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
Hardworking environment. long hours. you understood your job. Learned how to deal with different types of people. the hardest part working there was also dealing with irate patients.
Cons
not much communication
Lots of favortism
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2016
I only worked here a few weeks as a travel nurse. Didn't get to know much about the hospital or the people. Never met the CEO and it seemed most people didn't know who was the CEO
Pros
The hospital was newer and very clean
Cons
No body was interested in me as a person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradise Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.