Paragon Development Systems Employee Reviews

Call Center support
Help Desk Support- Tier 1 Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 13, 2017
Answerting calls with users to gather password information to access there medical records. As well, attending weekly meeting to improve ourselves as a team.
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 26, 2017
Very poor management. Anyone looking for a job should stay away from this place. Everything about this place is bad, more notably management. They used their culture as a hiring theme it sad because they absolutely have none.
Tier 1 Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 16, 2017
Really great place to work. Love the casual Fridays. The staff there are great and friendly. Training is lacking so they do expect new hires to have knowledge.
Cons
Pay rate
Great Company
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 15, 2017
PDS was a great company to work for and focused on Milwaukee, and Madison areas

People cared about the customer and doing the right thing for them.

Customers looked at us as a Trusted Advisor.
Pros
Many Customer events and team lead events.
Cons
Not enough focus on customers in Northern Wi.
High potential, unimaginative company
Senior Vice President, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Talented employee base. Inexperienced and mis-guided CEO, Sales EVP will prevent this company from ever reaching its potential. An absolute risk-avoidance mentality pervades the organization, which has proven to be extremely frustrating to those experienced employees who see the opportunity.

The combination of these two factors will ultimately result in a net outflow of talent.
Pros
Loyal Talent Base
Cons
Leadership void
Unorganized corporate structure with high turnover.
Field Engineer Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 29, 2013
In my 6 years at Paragon Development Systems there was never a time where layoffs were not discussed at meetings with co-workers or even company meetings. There was a constant fear of what may come next anywhere from offices closing to new owners taking over.

I learned a lot and kept my job fairly secure by accepting 60-70% travel, sometimes more and being open to being out of the state for up to 8 weeks at a time with little to no notice. Leading teams became second nature to me and I was very quick to pick up at each new client with how to best communicate with them and follow their companies policies and exceed their expectations from PDS. I most enjoyed meeting the new people each time and challenging myself to make the projects successful with whatever was handed to me.

The hardest part of the job was having a new team of temporary hires for each project and re-training each team from scratch while sometimes dealing with short deadlines. On a good team this was not an issue, but on some teams that lacked experience the job turned quickly to 80-90 hour work weeks.

Overall I appreciate the time I spent at PDS, and the knowledge and experience I gained by traveling the country to all different types of clients but moving forward I would be looking for something with a more solid and educated corporate structure.
Pros
Lots of diverse experience
Cons
Lack of educated management, no internal advancement
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 13, 2013
PDS - Wausau is amazing. I was let go due to cuts, I however made it past three rounds.

Typical work day - you never really knew. Could be a slow 4 hour day, or a fast 12 hour day.
I learned a lot about hardware troubleshooting and replacement.
Direct management was incredible.
Co-workers were helpful.
Hardest part of the job was when I was away on multi-day deployments and having nothing to do after the work was done for the day.
Most enjoyable part was not knowing exactly what you would be doing for the day. Could be doing hardware troubleshooting one minute, then you are needed to help another department doing something completely different.
Pros
occasional free lunches, flexibility, great direct management.
Cons
no matching 401k, healthcare was weak, constantly feeling worried about more cuts.
It was a good place to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 5, 2013
Co-worker was a good team to work with.
Typical work day Hardware break fix with most of the health care systems in the northern areas.
working with imaging process of PC and server configuration.
very enjoyable till the cuts started coming.
Technology Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau WI.August 28, 2012
able to work independent will to teach. meet new people. boss is easy to talk with. good team.
Pros
treats
Cons
got bought by a investment firm
Contract Assignment
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2012
I worked for PDS in wichita ks for a W9 contract assignment. Everything onsite with the IT staff was excellent. No issues. PDS decided to outsource they're payroll to Tapat Solutions. To make a long story short. Getting paid under these circumstances was extremely difficult and I ended up having to go to the HR manager for PDS before any results were produced. The last payroll period for me with them ended up being a week later than it was agreed upon, and then i received a paper check to the wrong address.
Pros
excellent recruitment spiel, very good job placement
Cons
poor project coordination and management, un needed payroll difficulties.

Want to know more about Paragon Development Systems?

Ask a question
Good Place to work with a good people.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ocononomowoc, wiMay 19, 2012
I was a good place to work for an indigent working. People general care and work for a common goal.
Pros
good hr department
Cons
management middle is aloof and hard to approach.