Paragon Films Employee Reviews

12 hr shifts
Extrusion Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 24, 2017
12 hour shifts that rotate every month but you never know when you will get a break or a lunch. High turnover rate. Unsafe in areas. alot is put on the employee to learn the job on your own
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind working rotating shifts
Extrusion assistant 2 / quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 25, 2017
Managers in general are pretty relaxed. The benefits people are not very good at what they do. If you like a high turnover then that's the place to work
Pros
Bonuses, free food on occasion
Cons
Rotating shifts, high turnover, short breaks
Excellent work environment with great adavancement opportunities
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 10, 2016
The environment at Paragon is positive, encouraging and motivating. Their culture is unlike any other job I have ever worked before. If my passion wasn't nursing, I would stay here until I retire. They have been ranked one of Oklahoma's best places to work two years in a row. There is love in the work place. Employees are valued and not treated like a number.
Pros
family environment, bonuses, free lunches, support and encouragement, advancement opportunities and excellent management
Cons
I have no complaints
Fun workplace
Extrusion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 28, 2016
As my first job I learned a lot about satisfying the customer and making sure I go above and beyond to ensure the customer is being helped in a timely manner.
Productive and fun place to work. Loved it here!! Always had something to show the employees they appreciated them!!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 26, 2016
Productive and fun place to work, Always had something fun and enjoyable for the employees. The co-workers and staff always are ready to help at any given time. They really know how to take care of their employees. Loved it here!!
Productive, and fun work enviorment with advancment opprotunities.
Extrusion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2016
I worked for the River Spirit Casino, which was a fast pace, fun, and alert environment. My co-workers had amazing hospitality welcoming me to the making I knew all the radio codes before leaving me alone while on my shift. They taught the do's and dont's, how to transfer currency though the Casino and how follow work procedures. The job overall was easy, but yet I still struggled with radio codes, in which I studied for a month to remember them easily.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short lunch brakes
Very poor Job Work/Life Balance
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAJuly 8, 2016
The attitude there is "Paragon is Life, Life is Paragon". Priorities change every day it seemed. Upper management continually refused to properly staff the maintenance department and then complained when projects fell behind schedule or when maintenance staff refused to work overtime in excessive amounts.
Paragon Films
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 29, 2016
A typical day at work involved coming in and preparing for the day based off of the issues that were had in the previous shift. I would see what went wrong and figure out how our team could improve the scenario. I learned how to be a leader, make quick decisions, and how to work with having people under me. Other managers worked with me by giving me their insight into what helped them become the leaders in the work environment and how they succeeded. It was a good working community with minimal issues. The hardest part of the job that I came across was coming out of college strait into a manager-type position. I learned a lot of different approaches and how to handle a diverse group of people. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I started really learning the process and being able to evaluate problems and come up with solutions to the problems. This gave me a sense of accomplishment and showed me that I was advancing my knowledge beyond even what I had expected in such a short amount of time.
Pros
Good experience, great working community
Cons
No set goals, communication issues, split shift
Manufacturing/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 5, 2016
Not a fun or fair place to work. The company is great but the management is terrible. The co-workers are very nice to work with. You'll learn a lot if they take the time to teach you. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Productive, great place to work and always looking to improve production and work place.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Union Gap, WAApril 15, 2016
All managers are friendly and great role models. Some days are slow others there is plenty to do. On slow days, they were spent designing safety fences for the machinery.
Pros
Holiday Pay, and Lunch on Holidays. Events for family member as well.
Cons
Productive manufacturing environment with great benefits
Engineering/Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 30, 2016
Maintenance/Engineering meeting every morning with structured agenda. Learned different techniques for hydraulics and pneumatic systems. Learned automation processes and robot maintenance. Also became familiar with shaft and bearing mechanisms. Worked under a maintenance manager, two engineers, and a plant manager. Co-workers were well trained engineers and maintenance staff. The most difficult part of my job was learning the algorithms and control systems for the conveyor systems and automation process because it was out dated. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating back and forth with my supervisors and assembling robot parts for Ryobi 6-axis robot arms.
Pros
Progressive work environment, project based, time and a half on overtime.
Cons
Too much down time, not enough challenge to do better.
I really enjoyed my 9 years at Paragon.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 7, 2014
Developed and maintained relationships with sales department, encompassing multi-state territory. Built rapport and managed customer service with external clients, with accountability for placing orders and scheduling shipments, as well as identifying and resolving potential issues in order to achieve client satisfaction.
Excellent organization with lot to learn
Quality and Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2013
I would recommend this organization to anyone with interest in Manufacturing and Quality Assurance domain.
Pros
Many perks, good work environment and chances of promotion
Cons
Less pay and lack of formal work systems
Favorite job ever
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 22, 2013
Responsible for a crew of 13 employees, ran extrusion lines to produce stretch film, assign machines, run breaks, verify proper resin, run quality tests on each line, supervise housekeeping and safety each 12 hour shift. Responsible for checking silos for inventory and changeover, keeping track of scrap and documenting shift totals. Required to clean each of 8 lines each shift. Used Microsoft Excel to keep track of each lines production, maintenance, and scrap. Maintenance including screen changes, belt changes, replacing gear faces, winder adjustments, temperature and heater adjustments on extrusion lines. Daily visual inspection of equipment, using hand tools, scales, and verifying proper weights and measures as a part of quality inspection. Common power tools, and maintenance on pneumatic equipment. Calibrating scales and adjusting dies, troubleshooting line maintenance problems, along with inspection, and diagnosis of equipment malfunction
Good values
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Hiddenite, ncSeptember 10, 2012
Great people . Good culture.
Decent environment.
Family oriented.
A bit too far of a drive from where I live in thesr times of such high gas prices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Films. Our community is ready to answer.