PARAGON SYSTEMS

PARAGON SYSTEMS Employer Reviews

Working and providing Security Protection
Contractor Federal Armed Protective Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: working with federal agencies and enforcing rules and regulations.
Cons: not able to provide citation to distrubance clients
A typical day at working at a Federal building were busy. I learned every Federal building has different rules but all falls under Title 18. Management was really great about helping with any disturbance with the clients/customers. I worked with 20 individuals maintaining and providing security. My co- workers and I conduct check of individuals property – more... when entering the Federal building. The hardest part of the job is seeing a co worker hurt from individual who are needing the assistance with a mental disability. The enjoyable part is proving the assistances to others. – less
Great to work for, better communication needed !
Protective Services Officer at Homeland Security (Current Employee), Washington DCJune 25, 2014
Provide access control, provide Emergency Medical Services to visitors and employees at a Level 5 facility.
I worked at Department of Defense building in North Chicago, IL. for Paragon Systems.
Federal Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: friendly personal at the work place
Cons: when you call an employee on the phone and the employee is not at their desk, and there are visitors waiting for them at the security desk to be signed in for their meeting.
I did security rounds in the building every 2 hours, and also checked all exterior doors at the outer buildings.
A great job a great company
Armed Guard (Federal) (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 11, 2013
Paragon is a wonderful company to work for. You will not be sorry.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: advancement, management on local level unprofessional
Good Company to work for I enjoyed working with Paragon. It gave me the understanding of working on government contracts. Very interest job.
Ok company could be better with management that cares
Armed Federal Security Officer (Former Employee), GeorgiaAugust 23, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management is poor at all levels of this company
The management and the corporate office doesnt care about the employees.
Productive and enjoyable
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2013
Supervisors were trained and used their experience to make good decisions. The joy of this job was ensuring that employees were safe everyday.
Management limited
Armed Security (Current Employee), VermontAugust 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, management team lacks skills
The management team is unaware of proper company policy and procedures. Swept complaints of harassment and sexual harassment/assault under the rug instead of investigating complaints.
long hours of standing in one place, but simple job.
Armed Guard (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and flexable hrs
Cons: limited to only 36 hrs a week due to not wanting to pay overtime.
Typical work day consist of checking id, bags, ect.
Helping people find where they need to go and securing the building.

– June 28, 2013

Any tips on what they look for?

Good job bad managment
Physical Security Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 17, 2013
Pros: benifets and pay
Cons: managment
Enjoyed the job and working with the community but management treated the workers unfair and made working for the company not good
Avoid like the plague
Contractor (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 3, 2013
Pros: pay is ok -- for now
Cons: management extremely poor & unskilled, corp hq doesn't really care about contract workers, marketing is hype & deliberately obscure
Corp management is a sham. They're foreign owned, in it for the money only. Lots of admin jobs are outsourced out of the US when they could easily be done locally. Going through mergers & acquisitions, so look for name changes, layoffs, curtailing of benefits. Gov't contracts are also ending, so they're getting desperate for money.
Great Company, Learned a lot about Security...
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington D.CMarch 27, 2013
Pros: enough overtime, if you needed it.
Cons: short breaks
Ensured the safety of each employee within the building and surrounding premises as well as respond to reports involving possible security violations.

Learned access control at the building entrances and vehicle gates; ensured employees and visitors display proper passes or indentification before entering the compound.
High Turnover Rate but overall not bad
Federal Security Officer (DHS Headquarters) (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2013
Cons: one 30 minute break given during first hour of duty and no downloading or leaving for lunch.
Few Payroll hickups but Upper management is pretty sound. Maybe they should become more proactive and get everyone on board.
Good pay poor management
Protective security Officer (Current Employee), Tacoma Stadium, WAMarch 14, 2013
This company is a great stepping stone with great pay. Poor management, disposable employee to company
money is good, advancement comes with a price!
officer (Former Employee), gaFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: money and working with employees at the building you are assigned to.
Cons: equal pay if you've been there 1 week or 100 years. no structure.
The pay is awesome! Only problem is once you get used to working 40 a week all of the sudden your are working 32-36. You get paid extra money per hr for health and welfare but it has to go into a 401k or medical instead of it going into your paycheck so you can do what you want with it. As far as advancement goes, if you want to be a sgt. expect only – more... a dollar pay raise. With Sgt. you have to drive your own vehicle and pay for your own gas to cover a massive area where I am located. Paragon also seems to be pushing non disciplined through! Our supervisors are almost nonexistent which is stressful so most of the time we are dealing with FPS! Don't get me started on FPS! Most of us prior military get upset about not having structure! – less
A good company to work for if....
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 2, 2013
You like to sit inside a windowless room for 8hours a day, with no food or drink allowed. Also you are never given 40 hours ,and you have to fight tooth and nail to get and afterwards keep your insurance.

If you have a question your boss's only reply is that he can not answer and to talk to your union representative, who no one knows who it is.
Productive and Interesting
Security Official II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2012
Pros: daeling with people
Cons: not able to help everyone
A typical day at work I enjoyed working with the public it consist of dealing of all cultures. Learning and helping myself to develope excellent customer service skills. The lesson I learned from management is to do your best at anything you try to accomplish there will be a reward at the ended and to never give up. Also I as a person learned doing – more... your best helps to make you a better person.
My co-worker was a joy to work with they believed in me and I believed in them. They trusted me and believed in my values they elected me as there Union President. The hardest part of the job was trying to helpi everyone it was in my heart. The enjoyable part was helping people. – less
Great job and pay
Armed Protection Security Officer (Current Employee), South CarolinaSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: great job, co-workers and management.
Cons: none that i can think of.
GREAT JOB IN ALL ASPECTS. HAS A EXCELLENT TRAINING PROGRAM WITH PROFESSIONAL STAFF.
A company devoted to profit, not quality
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 3, 2012
Its your typical Security company, at a High ranking Federal facility.
Long story
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 6, 2012
Pros: used to have tons of pros, now not so much.
Cons: no stability and a volatile environment
Work here is pretty much the regular security gig, with more expected from the officer. Must do well to learn the nature of politics. Alot can be learned, if you are open to knowledge. Management has taken a decline recently, alot going on. The hardest part of this job is that the enjoyable parts of this job have been reduced and are steadily declining.