Paragon Systems Employee Reviews

productive work place
Federal Police Officer (contractor) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 20, 2017
productive work place a typical day at work the most enjoyable work place the hardest part of the job is to leave and not learn more the easy jog ever
a stressful demanding job
Protection Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2017
For the past three land half years with this company, I was assigned to the Naples SSA office.Idaily opened and secured the office at the end of my shift. Daily monitored visitors and dealt with unexpected emergencies. I learned how to effectively deal with diverse people in a strictly and respectful way. I kept a professional relationships with SSA managers and supervisors.I also maintained an excellent work relationship with my security company lieutenant. It was uncomfortable to to see the never ending health issues many people have been confronting in this community.
Pros
professional training sessions
Cons
long hours and distant training locations
Productive overall, attention to detail , follow-up with training .
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDOctober 7, 2017
Paragon was a very good company to work for. Managers were very easy to work for and cared about there employees. All trying was very informative and scheduled to work schedules.
Pros
Excellent for law enforcement advancement .
Cons
Very Dangerous to work in, Life Threating
Stressful
Recruiter/Human Resource, Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 4, 2017
Paragon is good to its officers but wasn't so kind to the interrnal administrative personnel. Management is always older white former military men - there is no diversity in management. Pay differences are very unfair - due to the men being paid more than women. You do not have a voice at Admin level although you are doing all the work. Management was unfair and unkind.
Pros
Free parkiing
Cons
Management wasn't built on leadership
Good to work for.
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Good to work for but not for a officer with a family, Some time it hard to get some time off. and vacation is very hard to get it base on Seniority. and some post are very hard to get because of seniority.
I did enjoy this job
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
I would have stayed longer but I had to work on a better job for myself. The hours and the people where great but I knew one day that I would like to earn more than what they paid.
Paragon Systems Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 11, 2017
Relaxed and balanced company with decent pay for stress-free work. The management was understanding and co-workers were easy to work with. Travel opportunities were available upon request.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long hours on your feet
productive
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 11, 2017
reliable trust worthy as a the company, never a problem on the upper management level. direct management should be looked at closely. occupational travel could be managed better.
Okay job, pay could be better
Armed Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2017
work was simple and easy to comprehend, pay could be better and some management policies should be reviewed, i would consider working there again if the pay increases
great workplace with plenty of opportunity
Federal Protective Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 25, 2017
great company,with exciting days at work, learned of good training, management was great at the time, workplace was always good most of the time, the hardest part of the job was dealing with ice, the most enjoyable times was traveling and pay.
Pros
great pay/hours
Cons
some supv needed changes
Not a good place to work
Federal Contractor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2017
Paragon is not a totally bad place to work, the pay is above average for armed security. However, management from the company and the (Federal Protective Service) who oversees the working contract, makes the working environment very hostile for its employees.
n/a
Area Supervisor / Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Security of the employees and customers.
Interacting with people.
Doing checks of the area inside and out. Checking for hazards and being alert at all times.
Pros
n/a
Cons
traveling
stressful
Federal Building Contract Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2017
A woman was written up when she left her desk to walk 50 feet from it to use the restroom after asking for a relief. No one relieved her until after she left.
Pros
pay was excellent.
Cons
stressful environment.
Fast paced.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Paragon is a fast-paced and can be stressful at times. The management is supportive but expect a lot. The job requires a lot of dedication and time, you are often giving up weekends and nights.
Pros
Great pay, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced, nice people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2017
Paragon is a good company who treats their employees right. I would defiantly recommend this job to somebody who needs a job. The boss in production was the nicest guy you will ever meet.
Pros
overtime, nice people, good benefits
Cons
pay
no insentive
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
don't go above and beyond, you can loose your job. don't stand up for yourself and tell the truth, cause they will fire you. don't cause to much work for management!
Pros
paid vacation, sick days, holidays, and no nights or weekeds
Productive, fun and never the same
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
Working here is fun, never a dull moment. The people here treat you like family. There are always people there if you need anything.

Hardest part of this job is trying to help the people that don't accept your help.

A great part of the is that nothing is ever the same.
Pros
Exciting, never the same interactions with people.
Cons
only part time. Wish it could be full time.
trouble
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
This place was awful and should be removed from government contracts all together. The Kentucky office for sure. If it was not for the poor leadership then you have the built fear of federal employees snitching on you for everything, FPS writing you up, management writing you up or lying, you having to drive 90 plus miles one way and never being paid for it. The union sucks, the benefits suck, and the uniforms sucks
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  allJuly 12, 2017
Low pay for such a dangerous job. The company has recently raised the pay to 12.00 an hour which is still to low for the position. Management changes all the time.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
low pay
Company
PSO (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 26, 2017
I worked with them for a while and in so many different areas. I work on this contract with other companies before Paragon since 2000 and it all carries the same business interest. We have training often, FPS interfered in our daily task at times which cause some issues. No respect from management and conflict between officers. I worked on off sites so I had no interference much and was proficient with the clientele. No complaints with them but the changing of the guards did cause issues. Before this company came a board we had great leadership which was my reason for my exit. Overall I did enjoy working with the coworkers as should we were a team to making sure everything is safe and secured. SOS, SECTEK, and DECO all had this contract with DHS. That is why you see the year 2000 on my resume'
Pros
Training, vacation pay, relocating
Cons
Management, some benefits, lunch unavalible, scheduling, etc