Paragon Employee Reviews

Not bad
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Supervisors attended to make you think you will get fired almost everyday Bryant Brookins seemed to believe he was in charge the company but actually he was just a jerk
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not good job security
Management is for Management
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2016
Enjoyed what I was doing, but Management only looked out for Management. Benefits such as leave is not available for a year, so therefore if you get sick, its leave without pay. Health benefits very expensive.
Pros
Starting pay was ok.
Cons
Management out for Management. No encouragement.
I found the management team worked mostly against each other.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, MA 01740August 24, 2016
Unfortunately the year I worked there, we had one of the worst snow seasons in decades. I was forced to take 2 personal days due to plant closure, then I had personal issues with my vehicle, to the point that I was let go due to excessive days off. I feel if they worked with me until I could work out my mechanical issues, it would have been better for everyone. I understand, time waits for no one, I believe there was way more going on than meets the eye. Constantly, I felt the CFO, and Human Resources tried to place me in harm's way, accusing me of wrongdoing, it appeared they were not happy with my manager, so it does roll down hill. Except for my direct manager, it was probably one of the worst experiences in working, ever.
Pros
I enjoyed working with my direct manager.
Cons
I think I said enough.
Friendly enviroment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  109 Saint Joseph St. Mobile, AlAugust 15, 2016
The pay was decent for the work we did. Sometimes it could be stressful once it was time to do recertification. Most of the people who work on the contract are older and nicer people. It's like a small family where they look out for each other.
Pros
the pay
Cons
health care
Great experiance
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 27, 2016
Great experience working with a lot of well trained personal. They employee plenty of veterans and active reserves. Thank you for the opportunities.
n/a
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
You start off as a flex officer, working multiple posts and will eventually have a permanent post. This job is very strict. Still a good job, the pay is very good.
Protective Security Officer
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2016
This is a great company to be employed with. The staff are very polite and easy to work with. my job is to check people in and screen bags and belonging to avoid and dangers
Unprofessional Organization
Officer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 27, 2016
This company does not care about its employees. They are strictly a number or a place holder, not a person. Advancement is minimal, supervisors only care about themselves, and management is abrasive and only worried about their bonuses. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything, I am serious when I say that.
A great place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INJune 17, 2016
I learned how to efficiently run multiple machines at a time. There are a lot of great people that work there. I like that i could volunteer to work weekends.
Pros
Great people to work with
Descent place to work.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 10, 2016
Overall not a bad place. Schedule can be erratic but supervision always willing to work with you when schedule conflicts arise.
Poor Management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 25, 2016
Easy Job and paid well, but the management was very poor. Employees were constantly getting fired. There were a lot of HR complaints about the management. I worked in a special security department not your normal security officer. I wish HR would have listened to some of the officers and there turn over rate would not have been so bad. In the time I worked there I have seen around 40 employees get fired or quit. I resigned and do not regret leaving.
Rewarding Pay
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2016
The responsibility is at an all time high, but I like the atmosphere and the people I work around. The management team is professional and everything is done in a timely fashion.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly People
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Nice people work with, good team work with the co-worker, the project team was great, people help each other get the job done.
A good place to start
Landscaping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 6, 2016
Paragon was run by nice people and was willing to give people chances at more responsibility. The seasonal work is the only problem.
Very short staffed, too much mandatory overtime
Protective Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Nebraska Avenue Complex, Washington, DCMay 5, 2016
You ae always watched on camera. You are subjected to work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. The pay is great, but you have no personal life.
Pros
Good pay, good work mates
Cons
Breaks are hard to come by, management is incompetant
good pay, unique job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Concord NHApril 30, 2016
good paying job, harsh requirements. No guarantee for longevity. Extremely micromanaged due to government contract.
Pros
pay
Cons
uncertainty
Not a hard job to do.
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 18, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Pay is boarder line for the type of work you do. Management could improve to make the morale go up. Have flexible schedule to have some weekends off.
Pros
Job is not hard to do.
Cons
Management is horrible, hours are not set, can't make plans because they change hours all the time. Never have a weekend off.
Most Consistent
Security Officer/HSPD-12 issuer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC, Falls Church, VaApril 11, 2016
I've been working for Paragon Systems since July 2010. The most difficult part of about working with them is my commute from home. I was welcomed as family at the Skyline location in Falls Church, Va as early as my interview. My co-workers are like brothers and sisters to me on and off the job. I'm treated as an individual instead of a number.
Pros
Excellent trainging and open door policy for managment
Cons
healthcare is not the best
Unprofessional Company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ParagonApril 7, 2016
Company looks for weak individuals, so they will not pay them the promised amount and the employee will be quiet and move on.
Pros
Get paid on time
Cons
Don`t get the full amount of pay
nice place to work
pso (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2016
Good place to start your foundation with in the security/law enforcement field. The work environment will allow you to be exposed to various types of people and the networking is also a plus.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours.

2.9