Parallon Workforce Solutions

Parallon Workforce Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Great work environment focused on the advancement and well being of all its associates. Very quite, and relaxed workplace, with opportunities for interaction. This company is very involved in the well being of its employees.
Pros
Options to extend lunch break, clean facilities
Cons
Short breaks, headaches from computer screens
Overall an excellent company and I would recomment it.
Revenue Integrity Analyst/ Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  remoteApril 26, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time at Parallon very much. It was unfortunate that when I was transferred to another market I found the job culture to be quite negative. I have worked as a remote coder for fifteen years and never saw such a restrictive scheduling policy. The communication, however was very good and the training for new hires is wonderful.
Pros
Wonderful daily communication between workers & management
Cons
Very restrictive scheduling policy that in effect takes away the advantages of working at home.
Fast paced, busy workplace
Revenue Cycle Mmt Rep/Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOApril 4, 2016
Needs to stay up on periodic changes, and updated training of client based systems. Many changes and switches to active client accounts. Poor communication with employees.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor health benefits.
The Worst Cog in the Machine
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
The majority of the work is excessive repetition. Each patient fills out largely the same paperwork, and you go through the same screens over and over for each patient you meet in a day.

Often, patients find you the last person they want to speak with, since you have no direct influence on their care (and instead remind them that they will owe money).

The Emergency Room can be emotionally draining. You will see things that will break your heart, from time to time. And you will lose count of the people who turn to the Emergency Room for non-emergency services because they have no where else to turn.

Staff is mixed. There are generally good people, but the turnover is so high that you are likely to see coworkers you like find better offers elsewhere.

Pay is not competitive.

Time off is generous if you are in a position to work three to four shifts a week. If you work five 8-hour shifts, then the attendance policy could become harsh if, say, you have kids to look out for who can also get sick. If you're single, and do not have kids, the policy actually becomes quite lenient. And paid time off can build quickly so long as you show up to work.
Pros
Attendance/Time Off Policy (if living alone)
Cons
Stressful environment, monotonous tasks, non-competitive pay
A day on the job
Overpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
It was a pretty decent place to be. Most of the people were very helpful and informative as far as learning the workflow. The company has lots of office parties to keep the employees happy and to show appreciation for its employees. Of course not everyone is pleasant to work with but for the most part everyone was friendly. The workload is a lot... While there are bonuses for the employees, I still believe that most are underpaid. I have nothing extremely negative to say about the company, it was truly an experience for me. I enjoyed my time there...
Pros
Parties, bonuses
Cons
Very heavy work load
Have car, will travel
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Management & staff was wonderful. My co-workers were fun & helpful. Getting report was the first and worse part of the day for me because you had to chase nurses to get report. Sometimes assignments were changed at the last minute. Helping others was most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good, healthy lunches.. I lost weight!
Cons
Parking was limited.
calling various insurance companies, customer relations
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 9, 2016
I work at home my work day is from 8 to 4:30. I have had to learn discipline and time management while working at home. Management is confusing and often the questions and problems I may have on accounts go unanswered. I miss people to people contact. I miss making people smile and caring
Central Scheduling call center for 14 facilities including hospitals and imaging centers. Call volume of 30,000 per month.
Central Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2016
Review day before metrics.
Send reports to designated facilities and the administrative team.
Ensure orders are valid and authorization is in place before patient arrives to facility for exam.
Meet with facility's imaging directors and administration team to discuss any updates, concerns, research needed, etc.
Reach out and visit physician's offices to discuss services provided and identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
Address complaints and or problems from patients, physician's offices, techs, directors, administration, liaisons, and etc.
Block/Close imaging schedules to ensure pts don't get added to the schedule.
Build new exams and update existing exams.
I learn something new every day, since things in the medical field are always changing.
The hardest part of the job is preventing agents from making scheduling errors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily challenges. I love being able to research and provide solutions.
Pros
Great company to work for and the people are fabulous
Cons
Heathcare benefits expensive
Great company, Horrible office
Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 11, 2016
Terrible work environment in the Glastonbury office. Managers are micromanaging down to when you can and can't use the bathroom. One time occurrences cause dramatic changes in office policy resulting in a hostile work environment. Employees who abuse policy are not addressed individually but instead the whole office is penalized. Office is literally cold which matches the attitude of the supervisors and office director. If you want to be treated like a child, this is the place to work. Otherwise, run for the hills.
A decent place to find work within my area.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 14, 2016
The work is typical, expected Registered Nursing care, learning something new each shift in daily patient care, with easily accessible management, and pleasant coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the expensive private health insurance one has to provide for self in order to work as needed/per diem or on a contract position. The most enjoyable part of the job are the paychecks.
Worst place to work
Lackey (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2015
Employees are very clique-ish. People will turn on you any minute. They'll judge you from day one of starting. Very very poor organization. Management does not know how to do their jobs. The company structure is terrible. Any advice or opinions you may voice are discarded. Your voice will not matter in this company unless you're buddies with management. Otherwise, you're screwed. No room for advancement. Avoid all together.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, Terrible coworkers, poor company organization. Cliques.
Good Company
Director, Consulting Project Management (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 24, 2015
Supporting and respectful atmosphere. Constant training and education opportunities. Dedicated executive staff. Culture of excellance and superior patient care.
Pros
Honest, serious, patient centric
Cons
career mobility is based on longevity (tenure), not accomplishment.
lacking management
IP/CQR Auditor-Remote (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2016
Parallon as a company is a good place to work for, but there are management issues. It is a high volume auditing position, but lacking management.
Fun atmosphere, but lacks good training and communication skills
Medicare collection specialist (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed all the fun activities that is done to get employee involved. But struggle to get proper training to accomplish required job duties expected to be done. Very poor communication with management, education and QA department. Felt like a lot emphasis was put more on how quickly claims were sent out instead how correct they were. Lots pressure to perform more duties than time allotted and insufficient pay. Forced to move in other positions instead of allow one to decide to move up.
Pros
fun enviroment and family oriented
Cons
lack communication. expectations didn't compensation for pay
Productive and Calm environment
Credentialing Verifier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
The best part is how flexible they can be with hours if you attend school. The benefits provided are EXCELLENT. There's nothing difficult about the job as you are trained for all your daily duties until you fully comprehend what you are doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is how we have plenty of social activities to bring all co-workers together as a whole.
Overall great experience, esp if you have meditech experience
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 2, 2016
My recruiter was very helpful and friendly, and compensation was great. Optional benefits started just before family issues required me to give up traveling for a while. Of course the work environment differs from assignment to assignment, and satisfaction depends on your individual recruiter, but mine was great. As a traveler you are usually the first floated, which really didn't bother me. I found that the biggest issue working for this company anywhere was whether or not an employee knew Meditech. No amount of training is really sufficient to actually learn Meditech, I had worked with it for 2 years prior to traveling - it took me about 6 months from the time I started at my first nursing job to get used to it. And even after working with it for 3 years, I always find something new, something I didn't know about it. I have heard that all HCA facilities utilize this documentation system, and that Parallon staffs HCA facilities. But since I was used to it, my experience was very enjoyable, getting to see new places. I learned I would prefer to travel with a "buddy" since I don't really enjoy doing things by myself, and personally, it takes more than 3 months for me to make friends I am comfortable around.
Pros
Pay, experience, opportunity
Cons
difficult documentation system
Very Poorly Managed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2016
I worked for this agency for 2 very stressful years. I made them a huge amount of money!
The staffers were always very nice and friendly.
The administration was totally unqualified & way too young to be managing such a large company. It wasn't long after I was working for them, I realized why they had changed their name from "All About Staffing."
All admin staffing should be run by older experienced nurses with their masters, never young business people. It was really sad to see such mismanagement! :(
"We have to let you go because you refused a drug screen."
I never did. I was extremely embarrassed in front of an entire staff, while I watched the staff argue about not being able to do the drug screen. I got my own screening, within the hour, NEG of course.
I am a single christian mother of 6 children. I don't drink, smoke and certainly have never done drugs!
I cried for several days. My son cried as well.
I was and still am very crushed.
Luckily I always have backups
lined up.....but they don't always kick in as fast as needed:(
So beware fellow caregivers.....
Good Luck to you all. There are good agencies out there.
May God richly bless you all, as you help
others :)
Pros
Friendly Staffers
Cons
Extremely Poor Management
Many business opportunities
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 15, 2015
Lots of possibilities for advancement.
Many locations through out the United States.
Good benefits and adequate pay.
Good place to work - hard to advance
Vendor Collections (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 3, 2016
everybody is different - you'd have to work here to see for yourself

it has it's highs and lows - the bonus' are a joke. It's hard to advance. but the atmosphere they try hard to keep the morale up,
Pros
gift card at christmas, moral builder events, lunch vendors
Cons
short lunches, having to use PTO on ALL holidays, they don't pay for holidays
Excellent agency
RN/BSN- Emergency Department HCA Hospital Systems (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
Professional organization that provides opportunity for flexible scheduling and excellent pay. Opportunities for advancement are available as well as positions in a multitude of hospitals both locally and throughout the United States.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent pay
Cons
Scheduled shifts are not always guarenteed

Parallon Workforce Solutions Reviews by Location