Parallon Employee Reviews

Most Enjoyable part of the job
Clinical/Medical Reviews Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
It was a great opportunity and learning environment, as well as receptive to education. The management was superior. The management and company was beyond accommodating, flexible to life and family, went beyond standard means to appreciate their staff and promote an positive work and learning environment.
Pros
lots of management and staff involvement and interaction/activities
A Good Company gone Bad
Emergency and Management Coder (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 12, 2018
I started working there when the company was known as HCA. When Parallon took over everything changed for the worse. Slowly we began to see our CEO, Directors and Manager leave. They were then replace by cut throat people.
Nothing fun
Refund Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Management is horrible, training sucks, and just a bad unhealthy place to work. Open door means everyone and everybody knows your business. If you want a peace of mind stay away, heartless company
Charity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for over all. I have been with Parallon for just under 2 years and intend to continue with my employment here for many years to come.
PATIENT ACCESS TEAM LEAD METHODIST HOSPITAL (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Very productive and fast paced atmosphere.
Easy to comprehend.
The team work is in place.
Learn something every day.
Get to learn different techniques to progress in the job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lunch relief
Love what I do
Patient Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I like my job do not agree with moving up in the company or my manager. i learned alot about medicaid and disability. Is hard to work for a manager that only looks at what you do wrong and never mention what you do right.
Ok
Current member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2018
Overall company is ok. It is high demand and can be very stressful. There are certain departments that are unsatisfactory, the medical benefits are not that great which is odd since it is a healthcare facility, the pay could be better.
indexing prepping
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 2, 2018
we are to prep and scan the clients files, the problem is they treat patients like number and they dont care if information is missed they had a few employees not do job properly and management did not care
Could have been better.
Insurance Notification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable. However, the management was not the best. Management is everything and department had a very high turn over due to lack of training and management. Also, there are no paid holidays. Observed holiday time is taken from the employees PTO balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management, no paid holidays.
productive work place
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
great place to work just need better compensation. fun work environment family oriented. Management was great but there begin to be changes that was moving into a negative place
Pros
family environment
Cons
needs better work compensation
Excellent Managers
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Managers were very knowledgeable, excellent training programs, room for advancement. Everyone was treated fairly, always was acknowledged on good job. Employees worked well together, there was great communication amongst all employees.
Excellent Employer
Research & Correspondence (Current Employee) –  work from homeJanuary 28, 2018
Customer Service where Parallon put the customer and patients first our first priority is the patient concerns of and family, Parallon is a great place work very professional and treat their employees with great respect I love my workplace and highly recommend to family and friends
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Mgmt and benefits need to be reviewed
PSR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2018
There is a problem with office cliques and management not able to handle them. Company originally started off as family-based, but over time turned negative- no opportunity for advancement unless you were a part of these cliques. Too much workplace gossip.
Quite a few "bad apples" that are protected by management that bring down the office culture. Management took to micromanaging as a solution, however do not micromanage the problematic employees.
Result is many valuable employees laid off and turning in their resignations. There are a handful of exceptional employees that do not get the recognition they deserve, I am sure in little time they too will move on.
Also, the company does not offer a competitive medical insurance plan- high deductibles, high OOP, and a high employer contribution.
There was a competitive bonus in place, however it does not matter if an individual exceeds goal if the company does not meet goal as a whole there is no bonus for anyone.
Pros
Hours, Location
Cons
Benefits, management, problematic employees
Fast Paced Workplace
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 22, 2018
With a strong focus on customer service and productivity at all costs, the workplace culture at Parallon is definitely fast-paced. Parallon is the back office for HCA Hospitals and facilities, as well as providing back office functions for a few third party, for-profit health care agencies and organizations.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Stressful deadlines
Enjoyable part of my job
Patient Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
The reason I chose to work at or for Parallon, was because I enjoy working with people and wanted to continue helping and educating people. And with this company I was in contact with the community and was able to do that.
Very productive place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2018
The management team was AWESOME!! I enjoyed going into work every day. The atmosphere they provided was relaxed and stress free. Even though we had to be on the phones, we were still able to maintain a friendly relationship with management and one another.
A fun and teamwork-oriented environment
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work would start of with a nice, warm cup of coffee and go to my desk to view my referrals, the types of patients that I'll be screening throughout the hospital. Then prepare my screening paperwork that is appropriate for that particular type of patient. I woul then make my run to visit the patient rooms to conduct the screenings, then return back to my desk to document all screening information into the system. I would eventually build a caseload of patients , and would continue to follow up and work on each patient's case until a decision has been finalized.

I've learned a lot from Parallon. I've learned how to be more organized and thorough when I'm working my caseload. Parallon has helped me increase my Medicaid knowledge and eligibility skills. Parallon management are friendly and were very willing to accommodate employee work schedules, as long as we did our work. The workplace culture at Parallon was fun and team-work oriented,
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Cons
leads don't follow the rules
It A Job
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2018
Offers WFH positions which make them desirable but the pay is not good. The PTO is 20 days per year which is great in the healthcare industry. Flexible working hours with late or early start times.
Pros
Pto, Wfh
Cons
Pay, Training Program
I like helping with Pre-surgery
QA random (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 4, 2018
Great team work, a lot of energy, friendly atmosphere. I feel very accomplished after a day of work. I look forward to the next day. I am not fond of on-call hours, but we all work together very well.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
on-call
Parallon was a nice place to work
Operations Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for Parallon very much. The management staff was helpful and supportive. I also learned how to do a lot of job duties including computer data entry work, mail, and reports.
Pros
We received support bonuses and gift cards and movie tickets for contests.
Cons
We had to use our PTO hours for holidays instead of the company paying for our holidays.