Paralyzed Veterans of America

Paralyzed Veterans of America Employer Reviews

Great with paralyzed Veterans , Horrible with their emploees
National Service Officer Candidate (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 18, 2014
NY are representatives do very little community outreach. They focus on Spinal cord injury and disease but have no programs for PTSD, TBI or other injuroies of OIF or OEF veterans.
Interesting environment.
Program Manager Clinical Practice Guidelines (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: the organization is a veterans' advocacy organization.
Cons: not much opportunity for advancement.
Although I enjoy the work that I do, which is assisting in the creation of guidelines for people with spinal cord injuries, there is not much opportunity for advancement.
At the end of the day, I was satisified that I did all I could to assist every veteran.
National Service Officer III (Former Employee), VA Hospital Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2013
Pros: visiting nursing homes, rehab centers, and private hospitals to assist veterans.
My day started as a mornimg visit with all of the hospitalized veterans on the Spinal Cord Unit and those placed in other areas of the hospital. Managemennt was very supportive with resources to assist with accomplishing our mission. My co-workers were great! They also had passion for the veterans and would alert me of situations within the unit when – more... the veterans were afraid to speak up. The hardest part of the job was receiving a denial of benefits for the veterans that I assisted with filing a claim before the Department of Veterans Affairs. The most enjoyable part of the job was researching medical records and obtaining a medical opinion from physicians to support any claim that was granted benefits. I have a passion for assisting people in any capacity, as long as it is legal.

I was granted custody of my grand daughter and I had to resign. We have adjusted and I am ready to join the workforce. – less
A great place to work
Director, Office of Individual Giving (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2013
Excellent work/life balance and generous benefits. Limited advancement for many, but it is possible. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Very Dedicated to the Mission and it Members
Associate Director of Medical Services (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2013
Pros: amount of time off.
Cons: some unrealistic expectations of management.
This Veteran's Service Organization is dedicated to the mission of the company and ensures that all the members and non-members receive the benefits they are entitled too. This organization has the ability to change the course of Veteran's care, and is trying to be on the forefront of that Veterans health care movement.
Veterans benefits
Senior National Service Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: work with veterans
Cons: travel
I filed claims for veterans benefits and did quality control for veterans benefits.
loved the job
Admin Assist (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 20, 2012
Pros: very worthy cause
Cons: expectations cut into evening and weekend hours
I loved working in the office. I enjoyed the rapor I developed with the members. A learning experience in regards to handicapped veterans.