Paramount Citrus Employee Reviews

Its good
Fruit Packer (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 7, 2016
It's a really good work experience.. I did like it
It's nice and peacefully we work outside. .afterall that's about it...
Pros
Fair
Cons
Leave early if you finish early
Great workplace to stay out of the heat.
Stand up Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJuly 18, 2016
Was able to experience driving forklift and dealing with many different types of Citrus. Also love the work environment.
new managent made it hard to to move up
Dry Good Lead II (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJuly 8, 2016
when i started it was a great company. When new management came in it was somewhat difficult. They cut staff in half and excepted twice the work load
No Yearly Raise, HR helps company not people, Bad Management
Machine operator, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Delano, CADecember 22, 2015
Thanks to this company I have learned a lot. To follow the rules and work under no supervision and still get the job done correctly. It is good to do your recommended work but not go above and beyond. The harder you work the more they expect from you but you never get recognized for the positive things you do, you always get recegnized by the 1 mistake you rarely make and that is followed by a recognition of a supervisor's warning then the wirtten warning. Anytime an employee asks for a raise because of the hard work they have done it is on hold until management finds something to write you up for or suspend you then you can kiss that raise goodbye. HR always backs up the business and allows its employees to get mistreated in order for the supervisors and managers not to get in trouble. If the employee has a good case and could get a supervisor fired for the harrasment, the employee loses and gets fired before he makes a serious report. Every employee that works for this company is afraid to report anything to HR because they always get retaliated against by HR and management. Supervisors and upper management is always right even if they dont know what they are doing and the biggest mistakes always comes from them but its ok cause they can cover it up and blame it on someone else on the floor.
Pros
Free fruit, free gym, weekly checks, direct deposit and friendly hourly people.
Cons
HR, Management, Pay Rate, Favoritism, Discrimination
always working, different programs, good enviroment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXDecember 9, 2015
good place to work at, and the enviroment its good. long hours of sitting down, answer calls. You meet a lot of different drivers from different places.
Pros
breaks
What I have learned.
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Delano, CADecember 1, 2015
Good work place it allowed me to grow in many ways as in speaking up and making calls as well as managing people and overtime. Learned a great deal of management skills. Developed and grew personally. Over time I was getting more strict and applying all company rules as I kept maturing in the job I learned that the best way to not get in trouble and keep you job secured is to always follow the rules and dont try to arrange them or bend them at all. You have to go by the book in order to keep your people safe and secure.
Pros
Free fruit, free gym membership
Cons
No moving up in the company, no yearly raises
Fast work pace enviroment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Delano, CASeptember 29, 2015
Good work place, great colleagues. Company is still growing and getting croweded but great benefits with a gym for the stass, clinic as well.
Pros
Free gym, clinic
Wonderful compensation and Benefits
Finance Clerk/Claims and Receivables Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2015
This company has competitive benefits and compensation plans I that I have seen. There is great opportunity to advance, and the company will always look within to promote before searching outside of the company. They are flexible with your family life, so your schedule can be flexible to accommodate within reason.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Fast Growing company, lots of changes.
fun place to work and great company
Lead Fabricator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  delano CAAugust 31, 2015
As having great support from management it makes it easy to work for this great company. working for a large company i am always changing my job and trying to support our team as fast and safe as possible.
Very busy environment
Inventory/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAMay 23, 2015
Always something to do at the packing house.Very busy enviroment. There was a lot of receving to do in the Parts department during the busy season.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No raises
OK job if you live locally
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAApril 10, 2015
the company is still new and needs lots of improvement. the only thing i would change is the starting salary for their maintenance technicians. This company has a good insurance with a kaiser clinic onsite, gym, and cafe for their employees. the hardest part is when the season starts, it is a very stressful time for everyone.
Pros
good insurance benefits
Cons
pay rate and hours being cut to a minimum
fun learning work place
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAMarch 24, 2015
great place to work just a far drive, learning the operation of how a plant that huge works is amazing my daily shift routine would consisted of me checking truck times to see exactly what material we are going to receive for that day and what time it should be arriving from there I would communicate with my forklift drivers who unload the trucks and hr to verify what has came in I also do a daily count so I am aware of what we are low on so new orders can be placed.
Good comapny to work for
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMarch 6, 2015
take daily orders from five packing houses, prepare bid packages, maintain mid-max inventory
more about AG materials
some good, some not so good
keeping everyone happy, and motivated
learning new industry (Citrus)
Pros
lived in delano
Cons
too much jealiousy
Reliability Planner
Interim Reliability Planning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Typical work day consist of review work request, a Daily Approval Meeting, a daily Materials Coordinating Meeting, Scoping work, ordering materials, managing vendors, and ect.
Productive work experience
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delano, CADecember 29, 2014
I learn citrus process, team building, leadership. I got more experience in Inventory and month-End reports. working close with managers and supervisors was the best experience because I learn a lot of them.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not let you grow.
Great company to work for benefit wise however management needs training
Accounts Receivable/Collections (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 29, 2014
Paramount is a good company to work for benefit wise. They offer medical, dental, vision, and 401K. The only problem with the company is the lack of training SOME of their managers have. Like a lot of companies the politics in the Bakersfield Office rules over hard work and the ability to preform the job requirements. I would only recomend working in the Bakersfield office if you're looking for short term until you find something better. They do not pay well and SOME of the managers should be demoted and someone with experience and knowledge should be in management.
Pros
company offers medical, dental, vision, 401k benefits.
Cons
management needs training.
Fast Paced
SUPERVISOR II, SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAJune 25, 2014
Very fast paced with great opportunities to grow.
Work and Life balance can be improved
10 - 16 hour days during the season
productive
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAFebruary 20, 2014
the most good experience on my work life.
the safe way to do the job.
the team work.
Pros
more over time
Cons
the rotations for breaks
Great people to work with except for one person
Accounts payable-receivable (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 23, 2014
great people to work with except for the rude receptionist, she is so rude and referst to the tempureary employees as the temp not by there name..
machine operator, grader, quality control is a great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAOctober 13, 2013
I learned all of this type of work at paramount, good and enjoy!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paramount Citrus. Our community is ready to answer.

Paramount Citrus Reviews by Location