Paramount Equity Mortgage

Paramount Equity Mortgage Employee Reviews

The Culture is out of this world!
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Granite Bay, CAJuly 10, 2015
You really feel like you are apart of a family as everyone from the top to the bottom knows your name and appreciates what you do. I've never been apart of such a positive giving atmosphere.
Enegetic and competitive work place
Account Executive (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Paid training and respectable spiffs
Cons: Short breaks and extensive hours (weekends/holidays)
Paramount Equity Mortgage is a very fast paced work environment. There are high expectations paired with high pressure. Management staff is very driven and supportive of staff
Cold calling sales- ick
Account Executive (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Managers, co-workers and new office
Cons: Poor Leads, unable to meet quota
The Management Team was great, but the 'Leads' on the auto dialer were not- Outbound dialer, trying to get home owners to refinance with Paramount Equity- One day I had 146 answering machine calls. I was let go after 90 days, not able to produce-??!!
great company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2015
Many opportunities to advance. Great management and reasonable/affordable benefits. Management is also good and they have good motivational tips.
Not a positive workplace
Bos II (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMarch 3, 2015
Pros: many drinking meetings after work as a team
Cons: expensive health coverage, low income within market, fraud
Paramount Equity Mortgage I thought would be a refreshing change compared to other mortgage companies. However it's worse with the always ongoing office politics, backstabbing from Sr levels down , the overall moral in the lake Oswego office was low. Also should you like to assist with fraud on borrowers unsigned documents feel free to bring those in , any loan officer or the processing supervisor will gladly sign as the borrower with out borrowers knowledge.
A company that thrives on nothing more than greed. It's really too bad because it had potential.
misleading
Account Executive (Former Employee), roseville caFebruary 19, 2015
as an account executive they are very misleading about your job requirments the people you work with are great and if you start their as a loan orginator you will do great
The work environment is very professional.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Paramount offers great benefits and pays good. It is a call center so the hours can vary which can cause some confusion.
love the people I work with
Mortgage Loan Processor- BOSII (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMarch 24, 2014
Pros: peopel, energetic positive office
Cons: healthcare
Truly is a family environment . People who work here do care, are energetic andwill go the extra mil eto get the job done right . Not a lot of advemcement opportunity though unless you are located by headquarters which in Cali . Only other neg is outlaying offices the med benies are very spendy . Overall though great company
Productive and excellent place to work
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: many contest, free lunch, great family culture, team players
Cons: underwriters where not on site
Paramount Equity Mortgage is an awesome place to work, a big family culture where customer service is our number one goal. Managers always willing to help and promptly responded to problems with the end result always to benefit our borrowers.
It was sad when we received news that our San Diego branch would be closed down by the corporate office.
Loan Processor
Branch Operation Specialist II - Loan Processor (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 5, 2014
Processed loans and brought them to resolution...
Worked closely with loan officers.
Worked with Title
Worked with Underwriters to resolve any issues.
Could use some improvement .
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: its a job.
Cons: low pay, high pressure and low appreciation giving
I'm working for PEM DIRECT currently which is a side branch of Paramount Equity Mortgage. Paramount Equity Mortgage is a good company however PEM DIRECT is another story. The culture at Paramount head quarters is very good and the people are treated a lot better opposed to PEM DIRECT. Paramount head quarters is in Roseville Ca. and Pem Direct is in Rancho Cordova and they are very different in regards to the way that they treat their employees. Pem Direct has a buddy system and a lot a favoritism that goes on there which makes most of the employees feel the unfair activities that happen.
Fun, Flexible work environment!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility, good compensation
Cons: expensive benefits
I really enjoyed working here, but unfortunately due to selling company I was laid off too soon.
Excellent culture, great opportunities for advancement
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: fun, competitive, promote from within
Cons: no paid sick days
Most of the managers in this organization are great people and fun to work with. The company strives to create an appreciative atmosphere, rewarding staff with random treats, contests, prizes, and fun meetings. The pay is not the best, but it's not horrible either.
Loved the culture, work hard, play hard - I enjoyed the commaraderie and my boss, well what can I say, he was awesome to work for and with.
Training Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: team lunches, and weekly olympics!
Cons: facility was outdated, not enough restrooms to accomadate the growth
The hardest part of my job was to learn and engage the mortgage industry. Very complex, but worth every minute of it. The most enjoyable part of my job was training. Each new class I trained, the program improved, the new hires were better equipped to get on the floor and be productive in a very short amount of time.
Unfortunate
Office Manager (Former Employee), RosevilleAugust 23, 2013
It's just sad that one person can make a company look really bad. I was treated horribly by my Supervisor and verbally abused all of the time.
Don't be fooled!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaJuly 30, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: too many
There are two offices, Paramount Equity Mortgage (Roseville) and Paramount Equity Mortgage Direct (Rancho Cordova). Do NOT work for PEM Direct! This place is like the movie "The Boiler Room" Not professional, they don't care about the employee, NOT family friendly and the wages are very low. If you're right out of High School and live at home with your parents, no car payments, don't have any kids or own a home and debt free then this is the place for you! Ask yourself "Why are they always hiring?" NOT because of promotions, but because of the high turnover. A great company is hard to get your foot in the door. At PEM Direct, easy to get into! So if you're going to work for PEM, try your hardest to work in the Roseville office, they get treated much better and the management cares. I have never completed a review about a company but I had to do it this time to save others from making the mistake I did.
Quiet and Reserved
Intern (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: little to no challenges
A typical work day was extremely tedious and non-eventful. While I was an intern I was given little to no work but always a promis that I would receive some work. The women who I was under was always traveling and never in the office. This caused confusion as to what I was to do for the day. However, because of this, I was able to branch pout and get to know about the mortgage industry while working with some of the executives. I was able to expand my knowledge with how a copy machine works and how to organize desks. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I was only taking up space in a desk. I had gone 2 weeks with nothing to do, even advertising my openess to the entire company. Unfortunate that I had to leave, but I have reched a place that is extremely promising!
Enjoyed learning about the mortgage industry
Compliance Coordinator II (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 15, 2013
I was able to learn a lot at Paramount. I would never work for this company again, however.
like working for a close knit family
Financial Broker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2013
The office went under here in Phoenix because of the market.
Nice place to work if you don't need to pay bills.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: lack of income
I would recommend this place if you don't really need money. If you like to have a great time and work really hard, but money is not an issue, it'll work out fine. If you are trying to raise a family on one income... maybe there are a few other places I would consider first.
Headquarters
8781 Sierra College Blvd.
Roseville, CA 95661