Paramount Equity Mortgage

Paramount Equity Mortgage Employer Reviews

Productive and excellent place to work
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: many contest, free lunch, great family culture, team players
Cons: underwriters where not on site
Paramount Equity Mortgage is an awesome place to work, a big family culture where customer service is our number one goal. Managers always willing to help and promptly responded to problems with the end result always to benefit our borrowers.
It was sad when we received news that our San Diego branch would be closed down by the corporate office.
Loan Processor
Branch Operation Specialist II - Loan Processor (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 5, 2014
Processed loans and brought them to resolution...
Worked closely with loan officers.
Worked with Title
Worked with Underwriters to resolve any issues.
Could use some improvement .
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: its a job.
Cons: low pay, high pressure and low appreciation giving
I'm working for PEM DIRECT currently which is a side branch of Paramount Equity Mortgage. Paramount Equity Mortgage is a good company however PEM DIRECT is another story. The culture at Paramount head quarters is very good and the people are treated a lot better opposed to PEM DIRECT. Paramount head quarters is in Roseville Ca. and Pem Direct is in – more... Rancho Cordova and they are very different in regards to the way that they treat their employees. Pem Direct has a buddy system and a lot a favoritism that goes on there which makes most of the employees feel the unfair activities that happen. – less
Fun, Flexible work environment!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility, good compensation
Cons: expensive benefits
I really enjoyed working here, but unfortunately due to selling company I was laid off too soon.
Excellent culture, great opportunities for advancement
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: fun, competitive, promote from within
Cons: no paid sick days
Most of the managers in this organization are great people and fun to work with. The company strives to create an appreciative atmosphere, rewarding staff with random treats, contests, prizes, and fun meetings. The pay is not the best, but it's not horrible either.
Loved the culture, work hard, play hard - I enjoyed the commaraderie and my boss, well what can I say, he was awesome to work for and with.
Training Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: team lunches, and weekly olympics!
Cons: facility was outdated, not enough restrooms to accomadate the growth
The hardest part of my job was to learn and engage the mortgage industry. Very complex, but worth every minute of it. The most enjoyable part of my job was training. Each new class I trained, the program improved, the new hires were better equipped to get on the floor and be productive in a very short amount of time.
Unfortunate
Office Manager (Former Employee), RosevilleAugust 23, 2013
It's just sad that one person can make a company look really bad. I was treated horribly by my Supervisor and verbally abused all of the time.
Don't be fooled!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaJuly 30, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: too many
There are two offices, Paramount Equity Mortgage (Roseville) and Paramount Equity Mortgage Direct (Rancho Cordova). Do NOT work for PEM Direct! This place is like the movie "The Boiler Room" Not professional, they don't care about the employee, NOT family friendly and the wages are very low. If you're right out of High School and live at home with your – more... parents, no car payments, don't have any kids or own a home and debt free then this is the place for you! Ask yourself "Why are they always hiring?" NOT because of promotions, but because of the high turnover. A great company is hard to get your foot in the door. At PEM Direct, easy to get into! So if you're going to work for PEM, try your hardest to work in the Roseville office, they get treated much better and the management cares. I have never completed a review about a company but I had to do it this time to save others from making the mistake I did. – less
Quiet and Reserved
Intern (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: little to no challenges
A typical work day was extremely tedious and non-eventful. While I was an intern I was given little to no work but always a promis that I would receive some work. The women who I was under was always traveling and never in the office. This caused confusion as to what I was to do for the day. However, because of this, I was able to branch pout and get – more... to know about the mortgage industry while working with some of the executives. I was able to expand my knowledge with how a copy machine works and how to organize desks. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I was only taking up space in a desk. I had gone 2 weeks with nothing to do, even advertising my openess to the entire company. Unfortunate that I had to leave, but I have reched a place that is extremely promising! – less
Enjoyed learning about the mortgage industry
Compliance Coordinator II (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 15, 2013
I was able to learn a lot at Paramount. I would never work for this company again, however.
like working for a close knit family
Financial Broker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2013
The office went under here in Phoenix because of the market.
Nice place to work if you don't need to pay bills.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: lack of income
I would recommend this place if you don't really need money. If you like to have a great time and work really hard, but money is not an issue, it'll work out fine. If you are trying to raise a family on one income... maybe there are a few other places I would consider first.
An incrdible company with a family feel
CRM Administrator and Analyst (Current Employee), Roseville, CADecember 8, 2012
Pros: free lunches, company outings, parties, constant contests and incentives, recognition for success and hard work
Cons: growing quickly and needs to overhaul infrastructure to keep up
I am on the Operations side of the company.

There is no micromanagement here. The current involvement of Guthy Renker in growing the company actually removes pressure from the employees and gives us an opportunity to fix what is broken, identify weak spots, and advance our work without fear of losing our positions.

The company culture is second to – more... none! The Sacramento offices are beautiful and feel like a giant house...not a room full of cubicles.

Paramount is growing very quickly, so there are some growing pains. However, it feels as though the employees are all taking it on as a team and working together.

Upper management is the best I've encountered. This team never alludes to any kind of pecking order, but rather a real TEAM. – less
Fast paced, up-beat, extremely good company to work for.
Document Drawer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 14, 2012
Owners on site and very comfortable to work with. Up lifting meetings once a month.

A great place to work where everybody was friendly.

About Paramount Equity Mortgage

Paramount Equity Mortgage was founded in 2003, and we are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of our customers – Read more

Paramount Equity Mortgage Photos