Paramount Farms Employee Reviews

Great nonprofit organization
Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Very busy fast paced. A typical day for me was working directly under the Executive Director and Human Resource Director. Scheduling meetings, making sure facility was running smoothly. I enjoyed interacting with people as well since it was a daycare setting.
Forklift Driver
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Over all a pretty good place to work, they are big on safety and having a safe and clean work environment. There are several different types of jobs as a forklift driver depending on what building your are working in.
we worked a 10 hr day M-TH with Friday, Saturday and sunday off.

The hours and days for us were pretty consistant, Always 40hrs a week, no more no less. Some areas of the plant get overtime here and there but in our area it was pretty much not something that would happen. This made it easy to make plans, you always know exactly what your check is going to be.

Got along with all my coworkers and all the supervisors and managers were really cool, I have heard other drivers from other buildings complain about their supervisor but I did not experience any negative incidents. The supervisors were always willing to help you with anything and did not get upset if a mistake was made, they would just help you fix it and show you how to do it correctly.

The bennifits were nice, the company offers a couple types of cash bonuses that are nice now and then, one based on work performance and another based on plant safety.

Cons..
There are no real big cons. only two really, as a forklift driver, sorter and many other jobs, other than maybe maintenance, You will be doing pretty much the exact same thing every day in the same area. It is nice to get a little variety in a job but not much if working most of the positions in the plant. I was not there long enough to find out but was told by several employees that it is very hard to move up, that they rather hire new people for
  more... new positions rather then move someone up out of a lower position. I can see how this can be so for many of the positions but again, can not speak out of experience.
The other con is that most if not all the plants are way out and away from cities and towns. So many of the employees car pool or just deal with a good chunk of their paycheck going to gas each week.

Forklift drivers currently get $10.35 to $10.85 an hour depending on your shift.

This is a good company and wish they had an opening close to me, I would be happy to work for them again, I would recommend them.
Pros
steady work, safe, good people, 40hrs a week
Cons
distance to work, same thing every day, no more than 40hrs
Big Company
Mobile Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CANovember 12, 2014
Large nut grower and processor. Sometimes obtuse to new ideas on safety and production.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
long travel to work. remote
Great work atmosphere
Maintenance Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills CaJune 23, 2014
great people work there and they are all very helpful. Learned about machinery and above all safety.
Productive place to work
Grader (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, WIApril 10, 2014
It was great working with food.

People were so understanding

It was difficult working with the cashier

I didn't mind the fast paste job.
Pros
great people and atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, greasy place
Store Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  lost hillsMarch 31, 2014
the hardest part of the job would be having a big responsibility and making sure everything was good to go when it depended on you
Growing Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAMarch 21, 2014
This is a rapidly growing company undergoing growing pains. Because of rapid grow there is disorganization, but this is counter-balanced by excellent management which is dedicated to seeing their employees successful. The company is well funded and you will never have to pinch your pennies for management.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, community
Cons
fire-fighting
Safe environment
Production and sample taker (Former Employee) –  Avenal, CAMarch 18, 2014
Microwave and sodas machine during lunch and breaks good benefits and holiday parties and a baseball company team.
Pros
taco truck
Cons
no complaints
Great Place to Work With Many Advancement Opportunities
Head Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAMarch 16, 2014
Depending on your job, Paramount Farms could be a place that will have "new" things daily or something tedious that you'll have to deal with daily. If a sorter, you'll be sitting at a table watching almonds roll by counting the minutes till your next break but if you're a machine operator, the sorters' boss, then most likely your mind will be occupied enough to allow the workday to roll by smoothly.
Like any company, there's as we call them "roses" and no, not the flower. It means that there will be minor problems between people but management usually does well with handling any issues that may arise.
The culture is beautiful with the majority of workers being first generation Mexicans and second generation Hispanics, many U.S. and Mexican traditions are honored via parties, days off, and man, the tamales that are occasionally brought are awesome! Parties get on and popping around December being that during this time Mexicans celebrate their beloved Virgen de Guadalupe.
In regards to advancement you usually just have to voice it out and show that you want to move up. Paramount's employee retention rate has changed dramatically within the past year, with very few openings showing up.

Overall, this place is a great place to work. Until recently, they'be begun to work with schedule regarding school but it's still in the works! It's still not very friendly about it!
Pros
very understanding regarding days off (i.e, family emergencies, etc. don't abuse your privileges), very great benefits; always provide work so you can get your 40 hours.
Cons
schedule tends to shift a lot
great marketing and very creative with a lot of internal politics
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2013
cool brands, very cut throat environment, owner ship Resnick are very hands on and breed an aggressive environment. You might get cursed out in a meeting.
Pros
company store, location, pay, ability to more around company
Cons
crazy people, very aggressive, poor proffesional atmosphere.
On call at all hours 365 days per year
Water Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 28, 2013
Great for compensation but required to drive out of town daily and spent too much time away from family.
Good place to work, great benefits
Procurement Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAOctober 14, 2013
Paramount Farms is a great company to work for, with growth opportunities for those who are hard workers, Im a example of that. and they have great benefits. I enjoy my job but am uploading my resume to indeed to keep my doors open for myself for additional growth opportunities.
good company bad management
MACHINIST/ PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  lost hills ca.September 23, 2013
the company in a whole is good the pay is fair but management needs help in helping that workers.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
bad management
Disorganized management, entrepreneurial mindset
Office (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2013
Management hires wrong people to lead group and in turn causes distress and disorder. Strong team members leave, and incompetent ones stay behind, which results in poor team morale.

Management is not receptive to constructive feedback and is only concerned about the bottom line, which only benefits their wallet.

Salary compensation + PTO benefits are not competitive enough and vary widely among Roll companies which is unfair. Roll Global needs to come up with standardized benefits package for all its companies to boost employee morale.

Pros include free Fiji water, pistachios, and snacks. Also free breakfast every Friday. Starbucks machine in break room. Annual family picnic. Annual holiday luncheon. Cafeteria. Good work life balance.
Pros
free fiji water, pistachios, snacks
Cons
non-competitive benefits, disorganized management, executives only care about bottom line
Great diversity in job duties
CORPORATE ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2013
The job was not only accounts payable but also some staff accounting work. I also worked with Sales to reconciling their broker commissions. The company had great people to work with.
Pros
great diversity in work, a large learning opportunity
Cons
small company with no room for advancement
Shipping and Receiving / Warehouse
Forklift Driver/Quality Control / Shipping (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Operate forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier and move multiple pallets (doubles and triples), products or materials, forklift driver, shipping and receiving, floor man duties, outbound shipping, inventory counts, hand shack pallet staking, help with production of company and maintain a safe and clean working environment. Quality Control, check & maintain the quality of products.
A very good company to work for
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Lost Hills, CADecember 3, 2012
Strong PDCA oriented organization
Full Toyota Way implementation
Pros
free gas
Cons
company location far from any town
Easy going, smooth to work at.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAOctober 29, 2012
Learned sample taking, filling up water jugs with pistachio, applying a thermostat into the jug, wait 5-6 min check the thermostat, write down the temperature on a hourly chart, taking about 30 pistachios placing them into a moisture machine entering the temperature in a computer system two minutes later the machine gives you the moisture of the pistachio. I write the moisture number next to the product temperature, re-peat the same process 28 times for 28 dryers. Take the chart to the Supervisor. Then every hour after that reapeat the same process until we clock out.
I found the hardest part of the job to be walking every hour pushing the little cart after a week it was easy, my feet no longer were hurting.
Co-workers, I loved them easy going, talkative, always laughing, breaks would fly by.
The most enjoyable part of the job was our hours flew by, 12 hours didn't seem like 12 hours, they seemed more like 8 hours.
Pros
positive atittude workers.
Cons
supervisors sometimes a little to angry.
Very stron company
Electro Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAJune 1, 2012
Great place to work, but the plant is over an hour away from civilization.
paramoubt farms
q.c (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAMay 13, 2012
every day at paramount is a learning day for an employee.I enjoyed everything about.had good co workers as well as bad but either way i was always dedicated to my job.i enjoyed the data entry more than anything else.
Pros
new learning skills
Cons
dealing with bad co workers