Paramount Pictures Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 9, 2017
Fun place to work. It's a movie studio lot. Filming of TV shows and movies. Entertainment. Movie & TV stars on the lot. Technology driven. Relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Pros
Will occasionally see live filming and movie stars.
Cons
Don't really have any!
Sr. Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 26, 2017
Absolutely fabulous place to work. Beautiful and well maintained studio lot with options for breakfast, lunch, and coffee daily. Majority of people on the lot are happy to be there and work there. My managers in the auditing department were some of the best I ever had.
Pros
Movie Studio Environment
Cons
Skeleton Budget Crew
Studio life has definite ups and downs
Project Manager/Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2017
There is definitely a mystique involved in working for a major Hollywood studio, but at the end of the day, it's really no different that any other industry.

As part of IT Finance, we managed all the IT related projects that ran the studio. In my role as Sr. Systems Analyst/Project Manager and application owner, I was involved in the implementation of a Portfolio and Project Management tool called Clarity, and work with dozens of Project Managers on dozens of small, medium, and huge projects for the benefit of the studio.
Pros
Working in the magic of Hollywood
Cons
Extremely poor Sr. Management in Information Technology
Fantastic place to work
Executive Assistant to Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2017
Paramount Pictures is an incredible place to work. It is full of creative and incredibly talented people that are both genuine and willing to pitch in when help is needed, regardless of the task.
Good people, lots of changes
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 22, 2017
Great culture and beautiful lot. Studio is going through lots of Management changes. Particular departments have high turnover which is hard to overcome when coupled with terrible internal systems.
Pros
great environment, great people.
Cons
Lots of recent turnover
Wonderful Internship Program
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
Learned a lot about film and television marketing. Lovely environment with friendly people. The historic studio is a wonderful place to explore and is very inspiring.
fast pace
Wardrobe assistant intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
fast pace and early mornings everyday. everything has to be prep before the guests arrive; clean dressing rooms with wardrobe and accessories ready. the pocess is then repeated for the next group of guests
Pros
snacks provided, down time when guests are on stage
Great perks, stressful work and commute
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2017
I had a good experience at Paramount. Fun Perks but not many advancement opportunities. I worked with great, caring people it was just a hard location to commute to everyday like most jobs in LA. I feel that I was treated very fairly there.
Pros
Awesome perks like movie swag and free screenings.
Neutral
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 1, 2017
GOOD PLACE TO WORK AS A INTERN. Really chill and laid back but pay compared to other internships was not very good. Had some negatives but overall okay.
Great position to have on resume but doesn't build skills
Production Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 30, 2017
I was in the production finance department and the typical day didn't involve much work. Most of the day was spent filing cabinets and checking SAP to see if all receipts are in order. Management was friendly and the perks were great.

Want to know more about Paramount Pictures?

Ask a question
Paramount Pictures Summary
Spring Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2017
As a Production Assistant for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, my duties consisted of me distributing call sheets to crew members and their time sheets to the Assistant Director, Fire watched equipment and props on the set, and watch traffic to avoid set interferences.
Stressful place
Assistant to Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2017
Paramount was a highly stressful and competitive environment when I worked here. The management pick on the younger executives and sometimes assistants. It's probably the least supportive place I've ever worked and my direct manager was really hard to work for. The pay is terrible and the hours are long. It wasn't worth it in the end.
Pros
Nice campus, some good people
Cons
Competitive nature, cold environment, terrible pay
Easy going, fun
Broadcast Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 28, 2017
Work days were busy. Learned about sales, contract administration & other areas. Great management. Co-workers were great to work with.
Loved being on the Paramount lot!
Pros
Great co-workers, flexibility
Cons
No Cons
Productive and fun place to be at
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 26, 2017
Very friendly environment where everyone works together. However management could do better by making sure they train with attention to their new employees. Overall a very a good company to work for.
Pros
weekly lunches, free coffee and snacks
Fun place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2017
Very exciting atmosphere. Movie magic happens and you are apart of it. Learned the ins and outs of licensing products for likeness. Management is very hands on and trains well.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Hours can be long at times
Paramount is a good place to work
Manager of Finance (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 18, 2017
Paramount offers a good work-life balance. Non-work related activities are encouraged (screenings, softball, volunteerism) which is a moral booster. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you come into contact with and the relationships you build.
Paramount Pictures is a great place to work!
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I worked at Paramount for 5 years and it was one of the best companies I have ever worked at. Not only did I advance my career and talent but the business/friendships I made are those that I am truly grateful for.
Pros
Free screenings and free lunches
Cons
Working through lunches
Well what can I say....
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2016
Working at Paramount was fun, but it all depends on your boss and the people you're working with. People hardly ever get ahead or promoted, unless your boss really really likes you. The pay is horrible. Moral is bad. They have layoffs every single year. Most of the SVP's are really mean and degrading to their team. You never know when you're going to lose your job. Other than that, the job perks are fun.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Supervisors with big egos and nasty attitudes
Team work based work environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Constantly on the move
Learned numerous roles under the title of production assistant
Accommodated both cast and crew on set needs
Managed the schedules of cast and crew
Most difficult part of the job were the hours, must be first on set and last to leave
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the cast and crew and learning each role they played within the production. I have a passion for film and tv. Having the given access to the set was incredibly exciting alone with educational.
Valuable company
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 26, 2016
Great atmosphere with many different employee perks. Working on the studio lot in Los Angeles gives you an inside glimpse of the entertainment industry and the work put into behind the scenes.