PARC Employee Reviews

parc
Resident aid/hha (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2016
Iwork hands on i assiste resdents with day to day task such as feeding , self care, dressing i love my feid of work just looking for something new to better myself
Pros
15mim
Cons
Ability to showcase skills of public relations, training programs, event planning and effective networking
Manager Builder /Realtor Relations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Created and implemented A Realtor certification program to promote the Master Planned Community and increase sales. The success of this program evident through word of mouth interest, and it was not widely advertised. Maintained relations between builders and builders reps to ensure information and collateral materials up to date. Networking business events to continue the momentum of interest and increase activity to the community. Public relations, problem solving, management and employee supervision filled the schedule. The best part of the job is public interaction to promote the business, planning events and seeing the benefit derived.
Pros
interacted and met an enormous number of people
Cons
achieved goals and many programs were completed in 2015
Learned a lot from this job
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 18, 2015
Difficult place to work. Takes a lot of patience and dedication. Help assist residents with daily living. Create goals for them to reach and help them achieve. Work with adults with mild to severe mental illnesses.
Getting everthing done
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLDecember 21, 2014
A fun day and get a lot done .I have learned about different people . Management is great your co workers are team players always job is good everybody is nice .Help with the disabilities . And learned new things . New customer every day
Consumers are a true blessing/ co-workers are not team players
Making A Difference (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2014
I worked for this company for 3 years. I loved working with the consumers and helping them achieve their ADL's throughout the week. However, staff did not follow many of the procedures put in place for the consumers well being and sometimes I witnessed very unprofessional acts. Not to mention the management in some of the group homes were very afraid to reprimand staff that were not following protocol, so myself and some other hard working co-workers had to pick up the slack and it was definitely unfair. So beware of this company.
Pros
consumers are a joy to work with.
Cons
pushover management
Parc Inc
Chief Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Parc mission is extremely important to the Pinellas County community for the past 60 years . Their clients enjoy the programs that the organization provides and donors embraced the cause.
My typical day at work was overseeing the development department in the areas of planned giving, major gifts, and special events.
The hardest part of the job was trying to help make changes that needed to take place to develop a major gift program and not seem to focused and spend too much energy on special events.
I love working with my staff, leadership team, and clients.
it's a good place to work they give great hours
RESIDENT AIDE (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2014
I loved this job the residents will put a smile on your face.
the people that you work around are friendly
Still new
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2014
I am still new at the company but so far it has been a great place to work.
love the people work for
DSP/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2014
management sucks they dont offer pay raises and they work you like a slave just to make it. Management talk down on you\
Great Message
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 30, 2013
Taking care of children at the preschool helping to take care of all of their needs
Pros
the children and the staff are wonderful
Cons
very physical
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Great job if you like working and caring for individuals it takes a special person with a big heart.
Productive work environment
Vocational Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJuly 3, 2013
Great culture. Diversity welcomed and great person centered environment.
Pros
everyone worked as a team member
Cons
a lot of paperwork
Responsible and allowed to work independently.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeApril 2, 2013
Good company. The Partners (Owners) of the Organization are very nice people. I'm just looking for more hours and some higher pay.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need more hours and pay
Working with mental health is very interest, some are very special individuals.
Day-Support Supervisior Asst. (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 26, 2012
November 26,2012.I rate fail job, co-worker good,no hard part in my job, the boss atittude bad dont know how to talk to anyone.
Pros
no good long vacation
Cons
short break, lot personal hygiene to deal with.some behavior
comfortable atmosphere
Van Aide/Consumer Aide (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYNovember 10, 2012
Through this job I learned I enjoy making a difference in other peoples daily lives. I liked being a positive influence for them. I enjoyed interacting with them.
I liked the opportunity to learn through the additional classes provided such as CPR/First Aid and SKIP.
I easily got along with my co-workers and the consumers I was aiding.
The most challenging part of my job was maintaining a safe atmosphere for the consumers thru reasonable disiplinary actions.
I found management to be unsupportive when they were needed.
A great place to work if you like the people
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 8, 2012
If you like working with the mentally disabled, this is a great place to work. Most of what you will do is providing direct care to the residents.
Pros
emotionally rewarding
Cons
funded by state always getting budget cuts
Day support for individuals with learning disabilities
Day Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 1, 2012
follow schedule given by supervisor. The management was very jealous and grudgened hearted. not willing to help or answer questions. my co workers were great, if i had questions about anything they would help. the hardest part of the job was the gossip. the most enjoyable part was dealing with the clients.
Pros
enjoying working with clients
Cons
management
productive work place
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 20, 2012
Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.

Administer bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance
Pros
easy pace and 4 clients a day
Not very enjoyable when your new
Empoyment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 16, 2012
Unless you have been with PARC for decades you are shown little respect.
Pros
the special needs people
Cons
the union
co-workers and supervisors were amazingly caring people who I respected and enjoyed working with.
Level II supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2012
My position was incredibly demanding in a physical way, that is, there were more needs than could ever be totally met. However, everyone, including our clients, tried their best to make every day enjoyable, and this was a great serendipity of the job.