Pardee Hospital

Pardee Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
This place actively engages in discrimanatory practices by making up policies that some have to adhere to but others do not. While compensation is fair, their beneffits are not good and if you depart from this organization prior to 2 years, they only pay you for half of the PTO that you have earned. They spare all costs to keep this organization operating and they have complete disregard for employees. There are much better organizations to work for in this area.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
poor benefits package, PTO accrual, poor management
Overall I would return there.
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
I was allowed to grow and expand my knowledge in the nursing field. I only had a problem when I transferred my position to an off campass site. I then resigned.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
conflict among other employees
Several new additions are being added for the growth of the Hospital
Assistant Manager of Valet Services - Pardee (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 28, 2015
A Great place to work with lots of growth potential developing. I would like to be a part of this. Many new Dr groups are being added and a new Cancer building is in process as well as other construction projects
Great co workers, Management sucks!
CAFETERIA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 11, 2015
I thought working at the hospital would be a great opportunity to advance in a different department. I worked in the cafeteria...There is no opportunity for advancement. Managers work your butt off and it was always work 1st, family 2nd in their book. Another thing was everyone knows EVERYTHING!! Doesnt matter what department you work in, you know EVERYTHING. Only thing I liked about my job was the co-workers not just in my department but in other departments too.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
Management, short staffed, gossip
Super awesome people
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  LABORATORYJuly 7, 2015
I love what I do and who I work with. There is always a smile and a greeting when someone passes by. There is in house educational opportunities for employees, free of charge but, mostly for nurses. Discounted meals and decent insurance. There is always opportunity for overtime.
Pros
THE PEOPLE
Cons
HORRIBLE PAY SCALE
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville NCJanuary 8, 2015
Great nurses that I worked under. Very organized, coordinated staff. Had the value of care at the top of their priorities. Loved my boss. Their were endless possibilities for me to advance my skills AMD knowledge as a CNA. Benefits and good pay rate.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
working nights
Blatant age discrimination and Good Ole Boy Network
Employee Candidate (Never happened!) (Former Employee) –  Courier/Guest ServicesNovember 15, 2014
I have attempted to get on with Pardee for several years, after being laid off as a career Claims Adjuster with a reputable company. I have spotless credit, a perfect driving record and great references in my career plus being physically fit. Yet, when I have applied for a courier position or guest services position I never hear a thing. I always had the greatest respect for Pardee, having grown up in Hendersonville and having used their services when I was younger. Now, I am not so sure. Seems now it is who you know and if you fit a certain age group. This is sad. Pardee needs to rethink its discrimination tactics. We all get older, if we are fortunate enough.
Pros
let me think!
Cons
blatant age discrimination
Radiation therapy stay away
Staff Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 9, 2014
The equipment is outdated. The culture of the dept
Is unsafe for the patients. The supervisor has
No clue how to run a dept. Lack of lifting help
And multiple treatment mistakes makes this place
Very unsafe. They use unethical practices to downsized the staff and allow foreign employees
To stay. Why is this dept. Losing patients?

Pardee claims to be all about family and community
Not true.
Cons
this is a terrible place to work
Pardee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 24, 2014
Rounds
Escort patients
Patient intervention
Guest intervention
Pros
working with guests and patients
great work experience!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 18, 2014
Wonderful employer always room for advancement. Continued education, helpful staff.
Customer service
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 8, 2013
The employees are happy. So we give better delivery of care.
ortho cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  hendersonville north carolinaJanuary 15, 2013
hospital top notch in orthopedics. supervisors work with staff for the objective of providing a well care enviornment for our patients
Good work environment
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 2, 2013
Ready for Director position again. Limited upward mobility here.
stay out of the Engineering Department
engineering (Former Employee) –  engineering dept.December 8, 2012
The Engineering Department is the most "job scared" environment that I have ever worked in. Management will throw you under the bus to save themselves and if there is a "situation" that requires HR then you may as well not even bother. There is a supervisor that indirectly runs the show and he is the most hatefull person that i have ever worked with...do yourself a favor and stay clear of this department.
Pros
acrue pto fast
Cons
flexible schedule
Don't plan on staying long
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency DeptNovember 11, 2012
An average day in the Emergency Department could be fast paced or slow depending on patient load and acuity, and how well staffed we were. Frequently we didn't have enough nurse extenders [CNA] so the RN's frequently had to divide their time between doing RN type duties and CNA things, like patient transport, some patient procedures which could be done by unlicensed staff. Also dependent on who was the floor manager. We had one who liked to overload our pods to keep the rooms full regardless of acuity of patients already there which resulted to stress to the staff and unsafe conditions for patients. I learned I could work harder than I thought possible and still be behind all day, and that particular floor manager liked to play favorites but would not help if they got behind. I also learned the ED management will not stand behind it's nurses, dismissing same for alleged violations of policy without full investigation and verification of the incident. Appeals to Human Relations and the Administrator are pointless as they only rubber stamp previous decisions. There also appears to be an effort to remove senior employees, probably due to cost and replacing them with cheaper, less experienced RN, and due to increased health insurance costs to the hospital. Senior employees can look forward to having any raises they get to be held for ED management's poor evaluations of them. ED management was only interested in making themselves look good. My coworkers were a mixed lot. Most were helpful and kind, but some had superiority complexes and were snotty to other staff. The hardest part  more... of the job was wondering when I came to work what ED management would find to complain about that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient care and teaching. I prided myself on the delivery of quality care to all patients. Sadly, this wasn't always possible due to staffing and management issues. If you go to work there, beware of the unit manager. If there is a problem with a floor manager or one of her favorite nurses, don't say a word. It will do no good. She will not listen fairly to complaints and holds grudges, while trying to act like she really cares about the staff.
I sincerely wish I had gone to work at the local VA facility where I could have retired with benefits at a much younger age than when I was terminated from Pardee.
Pros
decent wages, benefits, good food
Cons
short breaks, lack of support for current employees by ed management, unsafe conditions for patients due to overloading

Comment – February 24, 2013

Don't know the person who wrote this. But all I can say is that every word that they wrote was very true. Sad part is that finding another job just isn't that easy. Please think twice.

a fun and caring workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 1, 2012
days at work are great, learned alot management is spectacular
Pros
drug rep lunches
Cons
high pt flow
Everyone got along and we became family
Patient Diet Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2012
My shift was at 10:00 am and ending at 7:00pm. I learned all about different diet plans that patients are on, became very close with my Management team, I still keep in touch with my co-workers via; facebook or in person. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the patients understand why they are on a certain type of diet. We had the most fun at reward meetings, and holiday parties.
Pros
a day was not like a typical day.
Cons
sometimes we had no time for lunch.