Pardee Hospital Employee Reviews

A good place to work where people treat eachother respectfully and patients are treated with dignity
Women and Children's Center RN (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I currently work on the Women and Children's Unit. Management and teamwork is better than any place I've ever worked. Patient care is individualized and respectful.
Poor Place to Work
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
ER - Poor staff leadership management and organzational skills. Lack of compassion for nursing staff members. Risk for compliance violations in regards to employee's reporting of false information to HR.
Staff RN PATHS program (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCDecember 22, 2017
typical day of work is tolerable, I learned a lot, management is the best, its a small hospital in a growing community, the jobs not hard, the coworkers are the best pat of the job.
Don't like UNC
Receptionist Patient Check (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 18, 2017
Management needs improving along with some Dr.'s attitudes.
Hours were not the greatest. Patient's gave blame to others while Dr.'s should have stepped to help there staff.
Pros
Cons
No team work
Slower pace, more personal work environment
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 26, 2017
Overall the laboratory at Pardee has a great quality culture, and good people to work with. Higher management does not foster a good relationship with the laboratory though. The wages are not competitive, and the healthcare insurance has deteriorated substantially since I began working here.
Excellent place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of working at this hospital. The staff was
great and the supervisor and manager were fair and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was being the charge therapist.
I learned a lot from working at this hospital, including from the
physicians I worked with.
Pros
Relaxed, helpful atmosphere
Cons
Busy in winter
great hospital to work for
Certified Respiratory Technician / RCP (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
I worked at Pardee for 16 years in multiple capacities. All of my bosses were fair and seemed to care about your welfare. The pros for me were a great cafeteria with good food. Also, the bonds of friendship that were formed from working so closely together with your team made the job less stressful. The only con was the increase of computer use to do your job, and less time for patient care because of this. I know that's the "way of the future", but I truly believe the customer suffers.
Pros
food and friendships
Cons
computers
Wonderful Hospital
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2017
Margaret R Pardee is a fantastic hospital, filled with competent and caring staff. As a staff nurse, there is adequate staffing and supplies. Management is supportive, for the most part.
Excellent workplace and organization.
quality care, management (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2017
This is a level one trauma center which was the start of my emergency nursing career. I was the charge nurse for several years before moving to Asheville, N.C.
Love the hospital!
PA (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 12, 2017
Great community hospital with caring providers and wonderful support staff for us. Busy at times, but great work/life balance. Glad to be there! Lots of smiles, laughter make the work day a lot easier
Productive and Fun
RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 6, 2017
great place to start and learn. Need to be more proactive in new innovations. Everybody is smiling and greeting everyone! Love the free meal at night, It means a lot!
i choose not to complete
RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I am choosing not to complete this, Indeed does not give me a way to get out of reviewing previous employers. I don't feel like whining today..........
Fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment
Psychiatric Emergency Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I have worked at Pardee for 9.5 years and have mostly enjoyed my time there. The past year has been more stressful there than in years past. It seems to be a punitive environment which does not help alleviate stress.
Pros
Discounts on cell service and at cafeteria
Cons
Punitive environment. Doesnt feel like they lisyten to employee suggestions on improvement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 6, 2017
Family centered place that values your needs and opinions. Flexibility in the hours, and great respect between doctors and nurses as well as management.
bad
Health Unit Coordinator - Woman's/Children's (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NC 28791June 21, 2017
I did not like working at pardee. They put Mission down every chance they get just because they are jealous and not as good. I would not go back there for anything.
I miss the people I worked with there
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 29, 2017
I worked there for about ten years and I got to know of them. I left after having my first child. It was necessary for me to leave but I do miss them. I know a lot of them are no longer there so I would probably not go back there mainly because I do not live in North Carolina anymore.
Pros
my friends
Cons
I do get paid more in South Carolina
Job Review
Registered Nurse Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 16, 2017
Management was very fair. Great place to work. Co-workers were very helpful. Work environment , however, was very stressful due to the type of patients that I was taking care of. However, there was always someone that you could go to for help
Pros
Good benefits, good support team, great boss
Cons
stressful environment, long work hours
Positive work enviroment
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 23, 2017
I was working in a hospital environment.I had to do venipunctures on patient so the blood samples good be tested in the lab so the doctors were able to determine the proper care for the patient.This is the first place I learned how to do venipuctures. I learned how to use 21 gauge needle and 25 guage butter fly needle which I became very proficient with difficult venipuncture. Management was awesome. The hardest part of the job is doing difficult venipuncture without collapsing the vein or causing a hematoma or hemolysis of blood sample. Loved the work enviroment, management, emplyees and patients.
Pros
The work enviroment
Cons
Salary
small hospital, great people
RN Staff Nurse labor & delivery (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 18, 2017
Pardee was a nice small hospital to work for. I felt cared about by my coworkers and management team. We worked under a shared governance model, which gave us all buy-in to the unit. The only way it was lacking was the salary and benefits. I made barely enough to pay my bills. They also did not have short term disability benefits, which meant I had to save up PTO and only had 4 weeks off after the birth of my first son
Care Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed the people I work with, the job has a bit to be desired. It is very mindless.I prefer to have a job that keeps me busy, and makes me think about what need to be done.