Pardee Hospital Employee Reviews

Job Review
Registered Nurse Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 16, 2017
Management was very fair. Great place to work. Co-workers were very helpful. Work environment , however, was very stressful due to the type of patients that I was taking care of. However, there was always someone that you could go to for help
Pros
Good benefits, good support team, great boss
Cons
stressful environment, long work hours
small hospital, great people
RN Staff Nurse labor & delivery (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 18, 2017
Pardee was a nice small hospital to work for. I felt cared about by my coworkers and management team. We worked under a shared governance model, which gave us all buy-in to the unit. The only way it was lacking was the salary and benefits. I made barely enough to pay my bills. They also did not have short term disability benefits, which meant I had to save up PTO and only had 4 weeks off after the birth of my first son
Great starter
Pahology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 13, 2017
Awesome starter place. I grew and learned with this hospital and left of my own free will. Departed on amiable terms. they were great with benefits and vacations.
Fun workplace
Biller/Coder (Current Employee) –  Central Billing OfficeJanuary 22, 2017
I have worked in many different fields in my lifetime. Pardee is the first job I've had where everyone goes out of their way to help you in any way they can. It's a fun and relaxed work environment. I hope to remain with Pardee until I retire in 34 more years!
Pros
Friendly coworkers and management, relaxed environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 28, 2016
As a staff nurse on the Progressive Care Unit, I was constantly appalled at the outdated nursing practices, the management that was awful, and the overall lack of teamwork and pettiness amongst the coworkers. The turnover reminded me of a revolving door, the only staff that seemed to stay were the same rude charge nurses and supervisor. I was so relieved to leave that place. I nearly gave up nursing completely after working there.
Pros
Pay - it was a job
Cons
Everything else
Team oriented and a fun work envionment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 18, 2016
I learned a lot of beneficial work experience, my overall knowledge of Radiology continues to increase every day with Pardee. Everyone I work with are really supportive and are always willing to help and participate in any procedure or exam. The management always tries to make sure you're working in an organized and uplifting environment, they consistently allow or find a way for you to get time off or pick up more hours if need be. The most enjoyable part is the team that I work with and the ease of their up-to-date equipment makes you actually WANT to come into work. Love Pardee, love the people I work with.
100% Authentic!
RN (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 22, 2016
This is truly one of the best places to work! I love the people and I love this community! Management is straight forward, honest and has demonstrated a tremendous amount of integrity and transparency in how they handle the hard job of running a hospital in today's changing environment. I'm sure their decisions aren't always easy or popular, but I appreciate the way they put people first and take care of us! Pay and benefits are very comparable to other hospitals in this area and the work environment far exceeds any other organization!
Pros
Work environment, people, community, management
A Bad Experience All Around
Admin (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 30, 2016
This is a "Business Before Patients" kind of hospital.
I worked in a department where they did not really care for the employees but for the presentation of how the public views Pardee. A lot of shady things went on behind closed doors. Lies. Secrets. Plots of how to handle situations by bending and twisting policies to work around legal issues. Management and all the way up to the Administration team is corrupt. I just wish I was warned before I put myself in as deep as I have.
And now me and my family are paying the price.

I know for most of you it is a paying job. But if you want one that cares for your wellbeing, your future, your morals, and your family, search elsewhere.
Pros
None besides it was a job.
Cons
The whole place is a con
High volume work place and fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
On an average day I would have 12-16 patients, getting them up ready for breakfast, dressed, answer call lights, patient reports, shift change reports. I learned that even with a heavy work load sometimes you just need to take a moment and compose yourself so you do not get over-whelmed. Even though I worked at the hospital for a short time, I met some amazing people and hearing some of the amazing stories from some of the older patients, it was interesting learning about life before cell phones. I loved people telling me their stories.
Not a good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
This place actively engages in discrimanatory practices by making up policies that some have to adhere to but others do not. While compensation is fair, their beneffits are not good and if you depart from this organization prior to 2 years, they only pay you for half of the PTO that you have earned. They spare all costs to keep this organization operating and they have complete disregard for employees. There are much better organizations to work for in this area.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
poor benefits package, PTO accrual, poor management
Overall I would return there.
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
I was allowed to grow and expand my knowledge in the nursing field. I only had a problem when I transferred my position to an off campass site. I then resigned.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
conflict among other employees
Several new additions are being added for the growth of the Hospital
Assistant Manager of Valet Services - Pardee (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 28, 2015
A Great place to work with lots of growth potential developing. I would like to be a part of this. Many new Dr groups are being added and a new Cancer building is in process as well as other construction projects
Great co workers, Management sucks!
CAFETERIA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 11, 2015
I thought working at the hospital would be a great opportunity to advance in a different department. I worked in the cafeteria...There is no opportunity for advancement. Managers work your butt off and it was always work 1st, family 2nd in their book. Another thing was everyone knows EVERYTHING!! Doesnt matter what department you work in, you know EVERYTHING. Only thing I liked about my job was the co-workers not just in my department but in other departments too.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
Management, short staffed, gossip
Super awesome people
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  LABORATORYJuly 7, 2015
I love what I do and who I work with. There is always a smile and a greeting when someone passes by. There is in house educational opportunities for employees, free of charge but, mostly for nurses. Discounted meals and decent insurance. There is always opportunity for overtime.
Pros
The people
Cons
Horrible pay scale
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville NCJanuary 8, 2015
Great nurses that I worked under. Very organized, coordinated staff. Had the value of care at the top of their priorities. Loved my boss. Their were endless possibilities for me to advance my skills AMD knowledge as a CNA. Benefits and good pay rate.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
working nights
Blatant age discrimination and Good Ole Boy Network
Employee Candidate (Never happened!) (Former Employee) –  Courier/Guest ServicesNovember 15, 2014
I have attempted to get on with Pardee for several years, after being laid off as a career Claims Adjuster with a reputable company. I have spotless credit, a perfect driving record and great references in my career plus being physically fit. Yet, when I have applied for a courier position or guest services position I never hear a thing. I always had the greatest respect for Pardee, having grown up in Hendersonville and having used their services when I was younger. Now, I am not so sure. Seems now it is who you know and if you fit a certain age group. This is sad. Pardee needs to rethink its discrimination tactics. We all get older, if we are fortunate enough.
Pros
Let me think!
Cons
Blatant age discrimination
Radiation therapy stay away
Staff Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 9, 2014
The equipment is outdated. The culture of the dept
Is unsafe for the patients. The supervisor has
No clue how to run a dept. Lack of lifting help
And multiple treatment mistakes makes this place
Very unsafe. They use unethical practices to downsized the staff and allow foreign employees
To stay. Why is this dept. Losing patients?

Pardee claims to be all about family and community
Not true.
Pros
Cons
This is a terrible place to work
Pardee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 24, 2014
Rounds
Escort patients
Patient intervention
Guest intervention
Pros
Working with guests and patients
great work experience!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 18, 2014
Wonderful employer always room for advancement. Continued education, helpful staff.
Customer service
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 8, 2013
The employees are happy. So we give better delivery of care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pardee Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Pardee Hospital Reviews by Location