Pardee Hospital

Pardee Hospital Employer Reviews

great work experience!
CNA (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCJuly 18, 2014
Wonderful employer always room for advancement. Continued education, helpful staff.
Customer service
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCApril 8, 2013
The employees are happy. So we give better delivery of care.
Please think twice before coming to work at Pardee
Nurse (Current Employee), EdMarch 19, 2013
Pardee use to be a very good place to work after this new company moved in and took over it has went down ever since. They no longer care about their employees or if their employees are happy. It's all about the name. If you are not a unit manger or one of their puppets you are no one. Please please think twice.
ortho cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), hendersonville north carolinaJanuary 15, 2013
hospital top notch in orthopedics. supervisors work with staff for the objective of providing a well care enviornment for our patients
Good work environment
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Hendersonville, NCJanuary 2, 2013
Ready for Director position again. Limited upward mobility here.
Don't plan on staying long
Staff RN (Former Employee), Emergency DeptNovember 11, 2012
Pros: decent wages, benefits, good food
Cons: short breaks, lack of support for current employees by ed management, unsafe conditions for patients due to overloading
An average day in the Emergency Department could be fast paced or slow depending on patient load and acuity, and how well staffed we were. Frequently we didn't have enough nurse extenders [CNA] so the RN's frequently had to divide their time between doing RN type duties and CNA things, like patient transport, some patient procedures which could be done – more... by unlicensed staff. Also dependent on who was the floor manager. We had one who liked to overload our pods to keep the rooms full regardless of acuity of patients already there which resulted to stress to the staff and unsafe conditions for patients. I learned I could work harder than I thought possible and still be behind all day, and that particular floor manager liked to play favorites but would not help if they got behind. I also learned the ED management will not stand behind it's nurses, dismissing same for alleged violations of policy without full investigation and verification of the incident. Appeals to Human Relations and the Administrator are pointless as they only rubber stamp previous decisions. There also appears to be an effort to remove senior employees, probably due to cost and replacing them with cheaper, less experienced RN, and due to increased health insurance costs to the hospital. Senior employees can look forward to having any raises they get to be held for ED management's poor evaluations of them. ED management was only interested in making themselves look good. My coworkers were a mixed lot. Most were helpful and kind, but some had superiority complexes and were snotty to other staff. The hardest part of the job was wondering when I came to work what ED management would find to complain about that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient care and teaching. I prided myself on the delivery of quality care to all patients. Sadly, this wasn't always possible due to staffing and management issues. If you go to work there, beware of the unit manager. If there is a problem with a floor manager or one of her favorite nurses, don't say a word. It will do no good. She will not listen fairly to complaints and holds grudges, while trying to act like she really cares about the staff.
I sincerely wish I had gone to work at the local VA facility where I could have retired with benefits at a much younger age than when I was terminated from Pardee. – less

Cwm317 – February 24, 2013

Don't know the person who wrote this. But all I can say is that every word that they wrote was very true. Sad part is that finding another job just isn't that easy. Please think twice.

a fun and caring workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Hendersonville, NCNovember 1, 2012
Pros: drug rep lunches
Cons: high pt flow
days at work are great, learned alot management is spectacular
Everyone got along and we became family
Patient Diet Nutrition (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: a day was not like a typical day.
Cons: sometimes we had no time for lunch.
My shift was at 10:00 am and ending at 7:00pm. I learned all about different diet plans that patients are on, became very close with my Management team, I still keep in touch with my co-workers via; facebook or in person. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the patients understand why they are on a certain type of diet. We had the most fun – more... at reward meetings, and holiday parties. – less