PAREXEL Employee Reviews in United States

Too many changes to the structure of the department. Annual reviews arent actually based on the work you produce and annual compensation increases
Project Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMay 2, 2016
I worked there for years and decided to leave after my last review. I was held back from promotion for not completing something that wasn't included in my goals. There workload is heavy, it's difficult to get promoted and the department goes through frequent reorgs
Pros
Work flexibility with regard to schedule
Cons
Work culture, no job advancement, low pay
Productive and busy place to work
Sr. Global Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMay 18, 2016
Management of clinical category (Patient Recruitment); responsible for strategic oversight and management of supplier relationship management, spend/savings targets, MSA negotiations, score card and rate cards. Strategic Sponsor Partnership management over 3 main Partnerships - Procurement Lead.
No room for growth, horrible management
Medical imaging (Current Employee) –  BIllerica maFebruary 22, 2016
I have worked for PAREXEL for four years and have gotten good employee reviews. I have applied for over forty positions internally and have been turned down without notice or feedback. I brought it up to my manager's attention, and also HR's attention. all they had to say is keep up the good work.
On the other hand people in my department with ONLY high school diploma or less than a year of relevant experience get promoted to manager or Team lead.

The company mission states merit based excellence.
HOWEVER,
it is not merit based its who you know.
Pros
flex time, tuition reimbursement
Cons
horrible management, high school environment its who you know not what you do
Partaking in improving the quality of Life is very fulfilling
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 15, 2016
Overall a daily work day was full of productivity contacting sites and retrieving, and reviewing regulatory document for IRB submission, and approval. Managing my time which allowed me to stay in top of my sites to achieve patient enrollment to clinical trial. I find being a part of an industry which support improving the quality of life for patient less fortunate is very rewarding.
Pros
Working in a Team environment
Cons
Sometime there are not enough hours in a day
Parexel
Depot Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 18, 2016
Over all Parexel was by far the greatest job I have had.
I would have liked to have turned it in to a career, but with the company restructuring and moving to PA. there was no other option but to seek employment else where. but on a typical day our teams focus was on customer satisfaction. Ensuring all orders are picked, pack and shipped out accurately.
Pros
great coworkers
The company was very productive and positive.
Project Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I started out as a temp with PAREXEL. I was allowed to work independently and always made my deliverables in a timely manner. Having worked with PAREXEL for over 16 years it was and is an excellent company to work with. Although timelines were tight, the moral was great and I highly recommend this company to anyone. Management is great.
Lots of experience in different parts of clinical Research
Enrollment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2016
PAREXEL has a good work and fast paced environment. Learn many aspects of Early Phase Clinical Research. Diverse work group and opportunities to travel nationally and internationally.
Parexel
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2016
They do offer training in new departments. It is a very educational company for new young college students. The staff is very friendly.
Pros
Training and advancement in new areas.
Cons
Very clicky groups can be a bit snoody and seem to brown nose a lot.
Productive and excellent personnel
Manager of Financial Systems and Processes (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 14, 2016
Global CRO with excellent personnel who strive to make a difference. Talented senior management. This company provided my first introduction to Oracle E-Business Suite and Hyperion applications.
Helpful co-workers
Regional Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
Co-workers are very helpful. The team mindset is relatively active in most projects. Unfortunately, transitioning to a more challenging study is very difficult.
DO not join this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Discrimination in the employees. Laid off people on the discrimination of likes and dislikes.

The management is very biased. No projects in the company , the employees are not friendly , the managers also not very understanding.
Review
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  South Brunswick, NJApril 21, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Have never had any concerns to mention. The group I work with is excellent and work great together as a team.
Pros
Work from home. Flexiblilty
Cons
no cons to report
Great Place to work
Clinical Monitoring Associate I (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MADecember 10, 2015
Great place to get your career started. I left for personal reasons, but would gladly work for them again. The training that is offered at this company is incredible when I mentioned that I worked here at other job interviews, every company is always impressed by the training offered.
professional and busy
Biostatistician II to Principal Biostatistician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 11, 2016
professional coworkers, standard process. and nice place to self development. exposure to different theraputic areas.
Fun place to work
Regulatory Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 29, 2016
Very compliant and conservative work environment. Lot of trainings and focuses on quality a lot. Very detailed understanding of Regulatory affairs.
Medical
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Help people with no medical insurance get free medicine schedule 60 employees work flow and lunches. Been there for 19 years before they closed. I loved helping people get free meds and helping them get there insurance company to pay for it
Good people, bad upper management with lies
Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 1, 2015
I was told my job was safe and the changes were happening over seas and would not effect the USA. Next thing I am receiving my severance package out of nowhere! Lies lies lies!!!! Don't trust a word they are saying because it is all lies.
Pros
Cons
lies
Excellent organization
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2016
Excellent organization with work life balance and career development.
Provides good benefits in terms of health and other aspects.
Unacceptable
Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2016
Managers and HR not willing to work with you not flexible. Communication between managers and staff not good. Remove entire departments without warning. Job culture not good
Pros
building
Cons
non- cooperative
I thoroughly enjoy working at PAREXEL
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Virtual Home OfficeOctober 22, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working at PAREXEL and have been very successful there thus far, but I really want to enter into the NFL organization and feel that my skill sets would bring even more success at the Miami Dolphins in the future.
Pros
Great continued success and compensation
Cons
I am ready for a career change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAREXEL. Our community is ready to answer.