Parexel Employee Reviews

ok place to worki
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 23, 2015
Busy typical day working diligently to get the job done. Friendly environment. Great co-workers, Five years on the job. I am a team-player, organized working efficiently and effective tasks on a daily basis.
Very quiet and a little unorganized
Senior Financial Business Partner (Current Employee), Billerica, MAJuly 15, 2015
PAREXEL is an OK company to work for. They offer a competitive wage and good overall benefits. The company seems to be a little unorganized in their day to day business models, but is currently attempting to improve their processes. The office is very quiet and has little interaction amongst employees outside of scheduled meetings. The work/life balance is above average, specifically in roles that have the capability of working from home if need be.
Not a great place to work
Study Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 6, 2015
Great pay, but culture of the company is horrible! I hated working here, the management team sucked. Working with the corporate office functional groups were not efficient. It seemed like we were working against each other even though we were on the same team.
PAREXEL is a great place to work.
Research Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 24, 2015
PAREXEL is a great place to work. Employees have various options to choose from for career advancement. It is a great place to begin a career in clinical research.
Laid Back Work Environment
Clinical Monitoring Associate I (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 24, 2015
Laid Back work Environment.

Workload is high but the people are great.

Time management is key while learning this company.
Unstable environment
Manager, Finance (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 22, 2015
Pros: The job market is good
Cons: everything else
Since the massive layoffs in the spring and summer of 2015, the morale is down, the atmosphere is unpleasant and everybody is looking to switch it seems like. All finance groups were shuffled and their tasks changed, which made people feel insecure and wonder what is it exactly that made upper management think that giving people brand new tasks would make them more efficient. The management however keeps talking pleasant banalities to everyone to somehow keep afloat. Newcomers still believe the banalities.
Great people but heavy workload
Project Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield,ILJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nice People
Cons: Heavy workload
The company is great to work at. Everyone is nice, minds their own business. However, the work gets very stressful. Sometimes you work beyond the 8 hour work days and have to take work home.
I've enjoyed my years of employment at PAREXEL.
Senior Learning Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 4, 2015
I spend most of my day working with video conversions that are then turned into eLearning's or self-paced readings. My manager is great and I have really enjoyed my time working with her. My colleagues are all great people and appreciate the work and extra time I spend assisting them meet their deadlines.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Research Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 27, 2015
You will learn quite a bit working at PAREXEL. It is a fast paced environment that will teach you to think on your feet. It is great experience for someone starting out in Clinical Research but the limited growth opportunities and low salary does not make it a sustainable place to grow.
Growth
CRA / Data Query Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 12, 2015
Great place to learn different jobs and move up the chain. Must be able to work without a lot of supervision. May work alone as many teammates are decentralized.
Easy, but not very good experience
Intern, Software Engineer (Former Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 21, 2015
In this internship, they didn't really give me much to do, so there were times when I'd find myself without work and no one around to give me more work.
Average Company with no growth potential
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, laid back schedule
Cons: cannot work from home, no growth
I interned here in college and was hired immediately afterwards and thought this would be a great opportunity to start my career, but there is no room for growth at this company (within Project Finance).
Nice place, friendly enviroment
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Centreville, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: break room, ample work space.
Cons: no healthcare benefits for temporary employees.
Typical day at work would be walking in every greets you as you walk to your work space. Sit down and start by reading emails, daily the supervisor would disperse the work load to the team. Management was always good about relaying any important information, were always available to assist in any matter and see it through the end. I learned a great deal about insurance companies and prescription benefits, how to work collaboratively with others in the health care industry and how to be most effective and make the most impact on the team. The hardest part of the job would be getting denied for prescription coverage knowing that the client is in need of it and all the appropriate steps have been attempted. The best and most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining coverage for the prescription and knowing that the client would pay very little if anything at all.
Good place for entry level candidates
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee), Billerica, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: summer picnic for family and winter gala.
Cons: need to work on retaining talent and improve pay.
Work culture is changing, used to be a good place to work with a great team. There is no shortage for work load, everyone is always busy. However, did work with some wonderful people and learnt a lot.
Good Overall
Clinical Monitoring Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Good company overall, but some things are somewhat shady. The pay is relatively competitive and the job requirements are easy to meet. Performance can be somewhat skewed because they base it almost completely on numbers. That said, if you get on a study with a lot of people that aren't very good then it will be extremely hard to move up the ranks.
It is a good company to work with. Nice benefits, productive, pleasant environment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Billerica, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: time management
Cons: not very decisive processes
- Self learning
- Initiatives are appreciated
- Productive
- Efficient and reliable co workers
- Hardest part is to manage processes
- Learnt various aspects of business analysis like requirements gathering, Agile Methodology and many more
Great company to work for overall
Manager (Former Employee), waltham, massJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee flexibility (work from home)
Cons: compensation in certain areas (non-billable) should be reviewed and upgraded
Must remain focused on work at hand. Be able to multi task and change priorities without hesitation. Company overall, although quite large now has continued to try to keep a small company culture.
Sweat shop
Drug Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: many
Long days, long nights, no appreciation or respect, no understanding of work life balance, poor compensation and overall corrupt corporate culture.
excellent place to work
Regulatory Associate (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: moved to bridgewater, nj
Learned paper and eCTD dossier publishing at Sanofi-Aventis. Enjoyed working and being supported in a team environment.
Great Work Experience!
Document Control Specialist II (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Amazing Work Experience! I worked remotely with a great team enlightened individuals. This was definitely an unforgettable work experience in the heart of Clinical Research!
Headquarters