Paris Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved the staff
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 1, 2016
It was a very fast passed job but it was rewarding helping people in their darkest days, in the hospital. It could often get overwhelming but staying busy sure made the time fly by. All of the staff and management were great to work with.
Pros
3-4 day work weeks
Cons
Never time to slow down
Good Hospital
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 12, 2016
Paris Regional Medical Center is a good hospital with caring employees. It serves the city of Paris, TX and a large outlying area that includes southeast Oklahoma and northeast Texas.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful
Cons
Benefits aren't great, low pay compared to surrounding areas
An amazing place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 28, 2016
A typical day at Paris Regional, usually consisted of working by myself because we were so under staffed. I spent many shifts running, trying to play catch up all night. But I loved it. Being a phlebotomist is my passion. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients. I love working in the medical field more than anything I've ever done. This is where I'm meant to be. The hardest part of the job was working with an illness, and being scalded for it. When I was hired, my boss knew about my illness and hired me anyways. Yet when I had to take off for doctors appointments, or sent home by Paris Regional ER doctors, I ended up being fired for it.
Pros
Doing what I love.
Cons
Being let go, for being sick, by a healthcare facility.
Unprofessional Work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Very unprofessional employees throughout the departments.
There is no order, or logic to the operations. The patient care is put on the back burner to the budget.
I lovd working here my coworks were my family when one of us had a bad day we all piched in to help complete the task at hand
Clerk (Former Employee) –  1000 Clarksville Street Paris TexasAugust 9, 2016
This business was the hospital for Lamar County and souranding area . I worked in the Medical Records Department I trully loved that place it was work but also enjuloyed it. It is in Paris Texas
Pros
Helping in the xomunity
Nonproductive
Lvn (Former Employee) –  NursingOctober 29, 2015
Pt load on med sur too heavy.Management bias,also employees! Terrible place to work! I been nursing 30yrs most terrible place ever work. The area need better hospital.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Bias workload too heavy
overworked and under appreciated
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXFebruary 11, 2015
The administration will fire you in a heartbeat. The people are great to work with but the culture is broken. the hospital has too many issues and the public does no trust the hospital. Not a good hospital for the area. Need to trust the management and let them lead.
Pros
great people
Cons
dont trust the HR director or admistration
Great learing experience
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXMarch 25, 2014
We are a rural ER that is busy at all times of the day. We currently serve not only Paris, but the small towns that are surrounding the city. I have learned and grown in my nursing career since working her. The physicians and mid levels are excellent at teaching staff.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Short Staffed, low salary in comparison to surronding hospitals.
Enjoyed varity of work and areas wherer I worked.
CHARGE NURSE INPATIENT REHAB (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 19, 2013
Assess patients, administer medications, supervise all staff as I worked as the charge nurse. I learned all about inpatient acute rehab which is very rewarding. Also helped with social work and placed patients where they needed to go after discharge and that all of their needs were met. Worked in case management. Floated all over hospital in acute care, orthopedics, postpartum, pediatrics, women's health and surgeries, surgery, learned to draw blood on a daily bases. Management okay but sometimes hard to get them to follow through with items. Coworkers great to work with and good team players. The hardest was when we did not have a nurse aide to assisted in moving and helping with patient care. I did enjoy the satisfaction that I was making a patients life better and that they were able to care for their self as well possible on discharge.
Pros
Diversity of experience, good co-workers
Cons
Could not get enough hours at time and would have to take vac. days
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paris, TexasMarch 7, 2014
Nice place to work. Good benefits and pay is competitive. Nice people to work with. Business hours.
friendly productive steady paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 11, 2012
friendly productive steady flow synchronized system that worked for tthe employees there at the time. we enjoyed what we did. the co workeres wwere like a family we had each others back. the hardest part of the job wasseperating work from home. the easiest was doing the job. management was unfair when it came to pay according to race
Unfair and biased
Employee (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 8, 2013
Unfair working environment. Poor management. The hardest part of working for PRMC is dealing with the management who says one thing and does another. Sadly, I learned this is still not the hospital it once was. However, working with the public is rewarding.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Everything else
Emergency Room Tech.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Paris, TexasFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day in the Emergency Room would be taking care of the patients that are signing in with their emergency's as well as taking care of the EMS patients that come in. If they are Chest Pain or anything cardiac we have to get draw blood and get an EKG within 5 minutes of arrival. If they come in for a UTI, or anything kidney/bladder related we have to get a UA. Be on your feet and quick. You have to jump in. I also work 12 hour shifts and sometimes, working in the ER, that means not sitting down once for that 12 hours.

I also cover for our Unit Secretary when they need off, which consists of patient transfers, paging hospitalists, answer multiple calls at once.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
sometimes you don't get a lunch.
very busy hospital-poor staffed
Registered Nurse- Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 4, 2015
This hospital is poorly staffed. Very demanding hospital and poor wages. Insurance is pretty good, just expensive. They do provided excellent training classes.
Pros
close location
Cons
poor pay
Productive work enviroment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 30, 2014
Very intense work and learning atmosphere. Very good company and people to work with. Very clean and taken care off.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Short staffed
Fast paced and fun.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 24, 2014
I had the opportunity to work both nights and days. Day shift was very busy and that made for a fast day. The staff was very helpful and believed in team work. I did a lot of floating, so I had the opportunity to work in a variety of units. Night shifts were a lot slower and longer. The staff wasn't always team oriented unfortunately. I didn't do much floating on this shift, however.
Pros
Ability to float to learn different units.
Cons
Lack of team work at times.
Paris Regional was a great employer
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 27, 2015
My day at work may began by getting a call from a doctor wanting to know the standard on a procedure. My job was to look in the policies and procidures and bylaws and get him his answer. I did provider credentialing and maintained all files. I also closely assisted the Medical Staff Coordinator. I attended peer review meeting and the credentialing committee meetings and did the minutes.
productive place to work
SUPERVISOR GAYLE KENNEDY (Current Employee) –  paris txApril 7, 2015
I love working here and the ladies so helpful and want me to succeed. I have learned so much from each of them.This will be so helpful when i go into the workforce.
Provided best quality care to my ability to patients
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  PARIS, TXApril 11, 2011
non supportive of workers. not enough staff per shift at facilities. training on new eqiupment too short
Cons
not a very friendly work environment
fun workplace productive pt care a blessing to be a part of.
LVN Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 26, 2012
a great team of medical profesionals...a great hospital to work for.the sisters had the right idea.a not for profit organazation to help the sick....they will be missed.
Pros
loved hospital food....
Cons
hectic no lunches at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9