Paris Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

overworked and under appreciated
Supervisor (Current Employee), Paris, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: dont trust the hr director or admistration
The administration will fire you in a heartbeat. The people are great to work with but the culture is broken. the hospital has too many issues and the public does no trust the hospital. Not a good hospital for the area. Need to trust the management and let them lead.
Paris Regional was a great employer
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Paris, TXJanuary 27, 2015
My day at work may began by getting a call from a doctor wanting to know the standard on a procedure. My job was to look in the policies and procidures and bylaws and get him his answer. I did provider credentialing and maintained all files. I also closely assisted the Medical Staff Coordinator. I attended peer review meeting and the credentialing committee meetings and did the minutes.
Productive work enviroment
CNA (Former Employee), Paris, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: good job security
Cons: short staffed
Very intense work and learning atmosphere. Very good company and people to work with. Very clean and taken care off.
very educational company
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Paris, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: pay
I loved working for PRMC you feel like a big family and everyone is constantly learning.
Paris Regional
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Paris, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: hard to take breaks, lonely
I work by myself from 7p to 7a. I answer 3 different phones with multiple lines. I also manage the nurse/patient paging system as well as the on-call doctor paging. I am responsible for the majority of the in-bound calls to the hospital and directing them to the appropriate location. I have learned that I have more patience than I thought anyone should ever have. I have a great director, she is very understanding and will work with you if you need anything. My co-workers are okay, I don't really ever see them expect when we are switching shifts. The hardest part about my job is being by myself to do a 3 person job. The best part about my job is I hardly ever have to deal with anyone in person.
Fast paced and fun.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Paris, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: ability to float to learn different units.
Cons: lack of team work at times.
I had the opportunity to work both nights and days. Day shift was very busy and that made for a fast day. The staff was very helpful and believed in team work. I did a lot of floating, so I had the opportunity to work in a variety of units. Night shifts were a lot slower and longer. The staff wasn't always team oriented unfortunately. I didn't do much floating on this shift, however.
Great learing experience
ER Technician (Current Employee), Paris, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: short staffed, low salary in comparison to surronding hospitals.
We are a rural ER that is busy at all times of the day. We currently serve not only Paris, but the small towns that are surrounding the city. I have learned and grown in my nursing career since working her. The physicians and mid levels are excellent at teaching staff.
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee), Paris, TexasMarch 7, 2014
Nice place to work. Good benefits and pay is competitive. Nice people to work with. Business hours.
Emergency Room Tech.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Paris, TexasFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: sometimes you don't get a lunch.
A typical day in the Emergency Room would be taking care of the patients that are signing in with their emergency's as well as taking care of the EMS patients that come in. If they are Chest Pain or anything cardiac we have to get draw blood and get an EKG within 5 minutes of arrival. If they come in for a UTI, or anything kidney/bladder related we have to get a UA. Be on your feet and quick. You have to jump in. I also work 12 hour shifts and sometimes, working in the ER, that means not sitting down once for that 12 hours.

I also cover for our Unit Secretary when they need off, which consists of patient transfers, paging hospitalists, answer multiple calls at once.
Enjoyed varity of work and areas wherer I worked.
CHARGE NURSE INPATIENT REHAB (Former Employee), Paris, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: diversity of experience, good co-workers
Cons: could not get enough hours at time and would have to take vac. days
Assess patients, administer medications, supervise all staff as I worked as the charge nurse. I learned all about inpatient acute rehab which is very rewarding. Also helped with social work and placed patients where they needed to go after discharge and that all of their needs were met. Worked in case management. Floated all over hospital in acute care, orthopedics, postpartum, pediatrics, women's – more... health and surgeries, surgery, learned to draw blood on a daily bases. Management okay but sometimes hard to get them to follow through with items. Coworkers great to work with and good team players. The hardest was when we did not have a nurse aide to assisted in moving and helping with patient care. I did enjoy the satisfaction that I was making a patients life better and that they were able to care for their self as well possible on discharge. – less
Unfair and biased
Employee (Former Employee), Paris, TXDecember 8, 2013
Pros: working with the public
Cons: everything else
Unfair working environment. Poor management. The hardest part of working for PRMC is dealing with the management who says one thing and does another. Sadly, I learned this is still not the hospital it once was. However, working with the public is rewarding.
Well Supplied hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Paris, TXJuly 28, 2013
Learned a lot in a short time. Enjoyed taking care of patients there.
I enjoyed working there and was sad when I was downsized
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Paris, TXJuly 22, 2013
I enjoyed working there. The last two years I was the solo tech on the graveyard shift at the cardiac campus. I got cross trained on a 64 slice CT scanner.
fast paced work environment
CPhT (Former Employee), Paris, TXJune 26, 2013
You must be willing to be flexible and able to multi task. The job requires you to jump from one area to another at any time. The pharmacy team is easy to get along with and very helpful. Training is wonderful here.
friendly productive steady paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Paris, TXMay 11, 2012
friendly productive steady flow synchronized system that worked for tthe employees there at the time. we enjoyed what we did. the co workeres wwere like a family we had each others back. the hardest part of the job wasseperating work from home. the easiest was doing the job. management was unfair when it came to pay according to race
fun workplace productive pt care a blessing to be a part of.
LVN Med-Surg (Former Employee), Paris, TXApril 26, 2012
Pros: loved hospital food....
Cons: hectic no lunches at times
a great team of medical profesionals...a great hospital to work for.the sisters had the right idea.a not for profit organazation to help the sick....they will be missed.
PROVIDED BEST QUALITY CARE TO MY ABILITY TO PATIENTS
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), PARIS, TXApril 11, 2011
Cons: not a very friendly work environment
non supportive of workers. not enough staff per shift at facilities. training on new eqiupment too short