Paris Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work. Very educational
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 7, 2017
It is an excellent place to work. Not only are they flexible on your work schedule to work around family and personal time but they also offer great educational classes if interested. I was a CNA on the cardiac floor so I took a class they offered in Telemetry free of charge. it was a great informational coarse!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Short Breaks
No administrative support
Sepsis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 2, 2017
When brought into this position it was new position and the CNO and myself were so excited, I went and they sent me to training, then when returned, no support was given from administration or the doctors and it was an uphill climb, then complete administrative turnover and the position was dissolved due to doctors and not meeting CMS requirements, I would not lie to pass the requirements.
Emergency Management Internship
Emergency Management Intern (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 9, 2017
It was a great opportunity to participate in a remote internship. I was able to gain valuable experience and gain insights into the inner working of the Emergency Management position.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Communication could have been better.
No review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Its a good place to work and learn skills for new nurses. Learning environment is perfect for those who are just out of nursing school. A great place to start
Hard working staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXSeptember 11, 2017
When people come to work they are very serious about their jobs and the lives of others and that is the most important thing about prmc. The hospital is growing daily.
Stressful
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 31, 2017
Lack of room, management has no plans to expand or assist staff in any manner, the only good thing are the staff, good caring nurses. Inability to function due to lack of management support.
It was ok
Officer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 31, 2017
I injoyed my coworker everyone was treated the same needs batter pay and guns for the security offices and batter equipment to batter protect the facilities
A lot of executive turnover
Associate Administrator/Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 17, 2017
PRMC went through 3 identity changes while I was there. Originally we were part of Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word - San Antonio; then became part of CHRISTUS and finally was sold to Essent Healthcare. Since then ownership has changed a couple of other times.
Pros
Hometown hospital
Cons
Ownership and executive turnover
Dangerous for nurses and patients
RN ICU/ENDOSCOPY (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJuly 31, 2017
This facility only cares about the amt of money they can make. Management has no concern for appropriate staffing ratios, patient acuity or care, or safe nursing practices. Scary place to work if you want to keep your nursing license! I would never work here or go here as a patient.
I loved it.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJuly 1, 2017
Nursing is really my passion. so when i was able to get up every morning to go and help out patients it wasnt only a blessing for them but for me as well
Pros
being able to help people that cant help theirselves
Cons
having to watch people go through their pain and suffering

Want to know more about Paris Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
It's not the worst, but it's not the best
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 29, 2017
staffing ratios are not ok at all. I learned how to work with the limited amount of supplies that we had. Management does what they can to helps us but the administration does not understand what it's like to be a floor nurse in the conditions that we are in. Hardest part of the job is probably the poor working conditions but the people in theis hospital really work as a team which helps a lot.
Talking with a psych patient ,Listing ,making the laugh,Team and fun place to work
PCA -Med-Surg / Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 22, 2017
making a Patient feel better, just listing to them, Praying with them , I worked with a wonderful team of people, we where family, i enjoyed working there.
Pros
I got to meet so sweet people, Patients and co-workers
Cons
sometimes we didn't a break, Closing the Floor
Not the best place
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 11, 2017
Coworkers in certain departments don't seem open to new employees and will do anything to make sure you lose your job. Being stuck with those type of people can make a 12 hour shift absolutely miserable. You also get fired for being sick and only missing one day whether you have a doctor's note or not, yet seasoned employees can sleep on the job or flat out not do their job and continue working. I expected management favoritism towards employees as well as drama, that comes with every job, but this place was truly a nightmare. I can't speak for all departments, just the department that I worked in.
Benefits
Cons
Management, coworkers, pay
Very Disappointed
Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 3, 2017
Administration looks at all employees as disposable. I will never work for these people again simply because of the disrespect they give employees. Someone with 30+ years of service to this hospital should not be thrown out like trash. HR is very unprofessional and will lie their way through any/everything.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
lies, promises that are unfulfilled, no loyalty, administration
Fun and interesting job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 31, 2017
I love working at the hospital, friendly staff, great doctors who you get to work closely to, great learning experience, you see anything and everything, it is an exciting place to work
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Overall positive.
Intake/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 9, 2017
I loved the staff I worked with. The CEO seemed to change often, and our unit didn't feel supported by the hospital. We were basically on our own it seemed, but for the most part, it was a good place to work.
benefits
Cons
unsupported
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 8, 2017
I worked my butt and thr people I work with was ok they can be rude but not a the time the hour go by fast if your busy if not it dont go as fast
Wonderful group to work with
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 28, 2017
The salary could have been better. Working environment was a little relaxed at times. Needed more assistance with pass due accounts to resolve and get the accounts to move on out.
Pros
awesome workers
Cons
lack of money
Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXMarch 5, 2017
A typical work day is 9 - 12 hours a day. It is fast paced and many great people work in the organization. There are many opportunities to grow if you want to seek them. The most enjoyable part of my job is serving others.
Pros
New CEO
could be fun at times but worried about being treated wrongly
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 14, 2017
a typical day of work would be at 4 am and finding out that you didnt have the staff to get the work done.

management was not the best by any means. they put people in a job that should of been given to someone who knew how to be a manager and know how the employees feels.

there are great people who work for that hospital and then there are some that are treated like that hung the moon and then there are others that just do what they want how they want it done. but most of the people that do work there. they are really great.
Pros
overtime
Cons
not have the right amount of staff to get the job done and right

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9